View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
walnutboy
 
PostPosted: Sun, Jul 31 2016, 9:09 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 22 Jul 2015
Location: Lincolnshire, United Kingdom

CrazyCatLady wrote:
That Guy wrote:
Have we run out of things to pick on each other for? Really? Signatures?

^ Thank you. Seriously.


+11... what next, text colour!

_________________
When it rains, look for rainbows.
When it's dark, look for stars.


 
      
Nalkanar
 
PostPosted: Sun, Jul 31 2016, 9:42 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 07 Jan 2015
Location: Central Europe

I am personally even annoyed by those ants in Commie's signature, so... :lol:

_________________
Zendaer Amattis
Torgon Crimsonshade
Khalid Athanalo

CET time zone


 
      
SamTheGiantSlayer
 
PostPosted: Sun, Jul 31 2016, 11:17 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 31 Mar 2014

Let's not turn this into a bigger shit fest than it already is by insulting more people. We're not here to bully people, alienate people, call people out, or make up arguments out of literally thin air.

Please be bigger adults than this; I'm a nineteen year old college sophomore and this thread makes me cringe with the absurd amount of immaturity.

Passionate: kindly keep your images to one if you can manage it, as the people in charge see it as an exploit and thus we will ask you that you refrain from doing so. No one is attacking or shaming you. The signature is lovely, it doesn't bother me and my phone doesn't lag at all. But rules are rules no matter how arbitrary.

That said, please keep this thread on track and stop bickering over something as trivial as your personal dislike for someone's forum signature. That is not what this is about. Im ashamed to see this type of behavior and I hope we can rise above it.

_________________
Image

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!


 
      
SamTheGiantSlayer
 
PostPosted: Sun, Jul 31 2016, 11:20 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 31 Mar 2014

Oh, and with that said:

If I see another personal attack, the thread is getting locked. Consider this your warning.

_________________
Image

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!


 
      
Broldi
 
PostPosted: Sun, Jul 31 2016, 12:31 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 06 Dec 2012

*Personally attacks Bumble for teh lolz*

In the wise words of Sassy the Sasquatch; "Have a tea spoon of cement and harden the fuck up."

This is a pointless thing to whine about, if someone wants to have a cool signature why can't they? It doesn't make anyone lag even on phones, and if it genuinely makes it so unbearable, the option to turn signatures off is there. Like, for real, can we go a week with out picking out some arbitrary, barely noticeable or otherwise harmless 'thing' to bitch about?

I know it barely affects mobile phones because I've been using a six year old phone to check the forums with no issues, and my computer's almost as old as me, that too has no issues. Really, I could fart and it would cause more damage than a damned signature. Let people have fun, it's why they come here.

I for one think animated signatures and flashy images add some character to this ugly-ass forum. Seriously, black and gold everywhere? Yikes, the colors of natures warning telling people to stay dafunk away. Pink and Blue for the future!

_________________
MAURICE "THE JUGGERNAUT" GRAFF


 
      
Commie
 
PostPosted: Sun, Jul 31 2016, 15:34 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Dec 2015

so like is my sig ok?

_________________
ANT ALARM

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.


 
      
Amarice-Elaraliel
 
PostPosted: Sun, Jul 31 2016, 15:43 PM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 20 Jan 2006

Well your sig is about as big as mine and I admit, mine are two images. So either we both need to change ours or can keep it! I kindof like my sig though. >.> :oops:

_________________
Image
Image


 
      
Commie
 
PostPosted: Sun, Jul 31 2016, 15:47 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Dec 2015

there we go. i shrank it.

_________________
ANT ALARM

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.


 
      
Elyon
 
PostPosted: Sun, Jul 31 2016, 15:49 PM 



Player

Joined: 01 Mar 2012
Location: UK

It's only until now someone decided to post about this and we're making a fuss? I think we're at a progressive stage where the rules can be changed. If people want to have fun with their signatures I say why not? This is really arbitrary and harmless.

_________________
Rosary Doodlekins - Hin Candy WitchImage


 
      
Amarice-Elaraliel
 
PostPosted: Sun, Jul 31 2016, 15:50 PM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 20 Jan 2006

Alternatively, I just don't post on your requests anymore, then you don't have to scroll through my sig. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

_________________
Image
Image


 
      
Commie
 
PostPosted: Sun, Jul 31 2016, 16:06 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Dec 2015

Amarice-Elaraliel wrote:
Alternatively, I just don't post on your requests anymore, then you don't have to scroll through my sig. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:


Image

_________________
ANT ALARM

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.


 
      
SamTheGiantSlayer
 
PostPosted: Sun, Jul 31 2016, 17:12 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 31 Mar 2014

I personally don't give a damn about who has what in their signature as long as it isn't obviously offensive. I would say the amount of images doesn't matter much as long as it's not overdoing it. Some people have long signatures just because they name their characters down a diagonal row despite having no images at all.

I'm standing to the ruling of a fellow DM because it is my duty to do so, but I would also personally move for a progressive ruling on an arbitrarily small thing.

_________________
Image

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!


 
      
Dark Immolation
 
PostPosted: Sun, Jul 31 2016, 18:31 PM 

User avatar

Developer

Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Location: The downeaster "Alexa"

SamTheGiantSlayer wrote:
But rules are rules no matter how arbitrary.


I'm glad you later said that you'd like to see a "progressive" ruling on it, Sam, because the above sentiment(by itself) is actually quite bad for us. Or at least in respect to expecting people to behave maturely. "Because I said so" or "just because" is something we tell children, and it's never worked out well when players are told that on Amia. In the real world, when an outdated rule or law gets violated, it's usually put review to see if it's even still needed. This is likely one of those cases.

It's really no one's "duty" to stand beside a ruling. This isn't Nuremberg. If a DM has reservations against something, I hope they voice them to their peers, even if it's not popular. I've personally found that when we had DMs who freely, often, and openly disagreed, it kept us away from dogmatic(but well-meaning) group-think. Anyway, I think it should just be put to a vote. We as a playerbase use the forums, not just our head honchos. If most of us were not having issues with the stacking, and most of us don't care one way or another if the images were allowed to be bigger, let's make it so. Most of us aren't on 2005 era internet, why live by a 2005 era rule? People who have lagging issues can disable sigs. People who want slightly bigger images can make them slightly bigger, and then we can CLEARLY state the rule "no stacking images" because why do you need to, we've let you make them bigger. Everyone can have a bit of what they want here, easily.

_________________
Image
You think Magic is your ally... but you merely adopted the Art. He was born in it. Molded by it.
Sometimes, an angel is simply a devil with better intentions.


 
      
Nakasha
 
PostPosted: Sun, Jul 31 2016, 18:37 PM 



Player

Joined: 17 Sep 2007
Location: Military Deployment

Amarice-Elaraliel wrote:
Alternatively, I just don't post on your requests anymore, then you don't have to scroll through my sig. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:


Haven't you had this signature for about 8 years now? You have to keep it. Malandria is my best friend.

_________________
Nakasha
Izzy
Defender Calika Nethzil
Aridial


 
      
elmmaster
 
PostPosted: Sun, Jul 31 2016, 19:08 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 25 Oct 2008
Location: In my own little world.

The only thing I have to say about all of this is something i am utterly amazed nobody else has pointed out yet... this didn't deserve it's own thread. There is already a thread in place for gripes like this.

http://www.amiaworld.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=86645

_________________
The Madness Behind
Clobberknocker Ivoryskull
(Click for Current Themesong)
Slangachduinn Garurtiejir


 
      
TormakSaber
 
PostPosted: Sun, Jul 31 2016, 23:41 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 16 Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere

SamTheGiantSlayer wrote:
I personally don't give a damn about who has what in their signature as long as it isn't obviously offensive. I would say the amount of images doesn't matter much as long as it's not overdoing it. Some people have long signatures just because they name their characters down a diagonal row despite having no images at all.

I'm standing to the ruling of a fellow DM because it is my duty to do so, but I would also personally move for a progressive ruling on an arbitrarily small thing.

Oh geez don't stand by my ruling just because I made one, if you disagree, just say that. I admit I seem to have backed the wrong dog in this fight, but my opinion is almost entirely principles based here.

It's not your duty to stand by a ruling, hell, I'd consider it your duty more to disagree if yoy feel it's wrong.

_________________
Davion Telemos - Monk of the Four Winds
Korthan Isharnos - Dragon Shaman of Thunder Spirit Zamasham


 
      
Commie
 
PostPosted: Sun, Jul 31 2016, 23:46 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Dec 2015

i pretty much disagree with anything tormak says on general principal.

but i still think the bigass sigs are obnoxious.

_________________
ANT ALARM

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.


 
      
bobofwestoregonusa
 
PostPosted: Mon, Aug 01 2016, 0:02 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 09 Jun 2012
Location: Eastern Washington

Honestly I play on a potato and my phone isn't even in production anymore and has zero problems with signatures. I can't even play the pokemon game and the forums still cause me no trouble.

I do not think the point of this thread was about performance. OP is looking for things to whine about.

_________________
Image
Gerald Edmund
Discord: Metal Viking Guy #5433

DC taxation is theft!


 
      
TormakSaber
 
PostPosted: Mon, Aug 01 2016, 3:07 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 16 Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere

No, it was about people bypassing the implied image limit.

_________________
Davion Telemos - Monk of the Four Winds
Korthan Isharnos - Dragon Shaman of Thunder Spirit Zamasham


 
      
SamTheGiantSlayer
 
PostPosted: Mon, Aug 01 2016, 3:19 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 31 Mar 2014

TormakSaber wrote:
SamTheGiantSlayer wrote:
I personally don't give a damn about who has what in their signature as long as it isn't obviously offensive. I would say the amount of images doesn't matter much as long as it's not overdoing it. Some people have long signatures just because they name their characters down a diagonal row despite having no images at all.

I'm standing to the ruling of a fellow DM because it is my duty to do so, but I would also personally move for a progressive ruling on an arbitrarily small thing.

Oh geez don't stand by my ruling just because I made one, if you disagree, just say that. I admit I seem to have backed the wrong dog in this fight, but my opinion is almost entirely principles based here.

It's not your duty to stand by a ruling, hell, I'd consider it your duty more to disagree if yoy feel it's wrong.


Noted for the future :P

_________________
Image

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!


 
      
Dunecat
 
PostPosted: Mon, Aug 01 2016, 5:57 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 18 Aug 2012
Location: +3 GMT

•   The thread

Image


_________________
Image


 
      
speedgrab
 
PostPosted: Mon, Aug 01 2016, 6:04 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Location: That England place (Gmt+0)

Would it be okay to bring up the ruling as a poll to see about it being redefinned? It could even just be disscussed on Dm boards if thats how this sort of thing goes?

What would be a good size limit of course would need to be examined though, to stop an odd troll or unaware person from using up quadruple of a paragraph in signiture.

_________________
~ Dill Buck-tooth ~ Alan Snowfall ~


 
      
Krin
 
PostPosted: Mon, Aug 01 2016, 16:00 PM 



Player

Joined: 05 Jan 2006
Location: California

This seems like a made up problem. I used to surf the forums with a very small and out dated phone and had minimal problems. I had to do more clicking to get down the screen, but that's about it. That isn't worth a thread, a debate, a rule, or a poll. Have we just run out of things to pick on each other about? I mean.. seriously, guys. I love you and I know I haven't been around as much lately, so maybe I'm just not in on the joke, but every time I peek in there's a new argument about stupid, inconsequential BS that gets out of hand and becomes a contest for who can be the biggest asshole without getting a forum ban. Just be nicer to each other.


 
      
corypx
 
PostPosted: Mon, Aug 01 2016, 21:48 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 14 Oct 2006

I think as silly as it is, it had to come up because from my understanding of skimming the thread we have a image limit in place on the forums, people have been bypassing that and claimed its not a super clear cut rule saying no stacking images.

Tormak being the voice of common sense kind of says why would we place limits on something if we just let you bypass it anyway, as he is just trying to go by the current rules in place, if people dislike the rule maybe request it be changed otherwise what else do you expect the DMs to do as they should go with what's currently in the books right now.


From my stand point I don't really care what happens to the rule I play on a PC so it does not effect me in the slightest. :lol:

_________________
================-<Cory ShadowFlame>-================
Risenlord-Shifter(OMG a Non-Dragon Shifter that can hold his own in PvE)
Image


 
      
Analog Kid
 
PostPosted: Mon, Aug 01 2016, 22:58 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 13 May 2010
Location: The Great White North Eh!!

Krin wrote:
This seems like a made up problem. I used to surf the forums with a very small and out dated phone and had minimal problems. I had to do more clicking to get down the screen, but that's about it. That isn't worth a thread, a debate, a rule, or a poll. Have we just run out of things to pick on each other about? I mean.. seriously, guys. I love you and I know I haven't been around as much lately, so maybe I'm just not in on the joke, but every time I peek in there's a new argument about stupid, inconsequential BS that gets out of hand and becomes a contest for who can be the biggest asshole without getting a forum ban. Just be nicer to each other.



OMG this.....just....this.

The siggy's have persisted for so long....and only NOW it's an issue? Really?


Are some of you bored? Maybe just play the game or something....or play a different game. Sheesh.

_________________
I Am:
Derrin: 'Nothing to see here'
Beck: Hard working dwarf paladin.
Naela 'Widow': Wandering priestess.
Celinor Triellian: Paladin of Corellon.


 
      
Commie
 
PostPosted: Mon, Aug 01 2016, 23:08 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Dec 2015

corypx wrote:
I think as silly as it is, it had to come up because from my understanding of skimming the thread we have a image limit in place on the forums, people have been bypassing that and claimed its not a super clear cut rule saying no stacking images.

Tormak being the voice of common sense kind of says why would we place limits on something if we just let you bypass it anyway, as he is just trying to go by the current rules in place, if people dislike the rule maybe request it be changed otherwise what else do you expect the DMs to do as they should go with what's currently in the books right now.


From my stand point I don't really care what happens to the rule I play on a PC so it does not effect me in the slightest. :lol:


yeah. if the limit isn't actually a rule just remove it so we can have images of arbitrary resolution in our sigs.

_________________
ANT ALARM

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.


 
      
CrazyCatLady
 
PostPosted: Tue, Aug 02 2016, 1:00 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 19 Nov 2014

Analog Kid wrote:
Krin wrote:
This seems like a made up problem. I used to surf the forums with a very small and out dated phone and had minimal problems. I had to do more clicking to get down the screen, but that's about it. That isn't worth a thread, a debate, a rule, or a poll. Have we just run out of things to pick on each other about? I mean.. seriously, guys. I love you and I know I haven't been around as much lately, so maybe I'm just not in on the joke, but every time I peek in there's a new argument about stupid, inconsequential BS that gets out of hand and becomes a contest for who can be the biggest asshole without getting a forum ban. Just be nicer to each other.



OMG this.....just....this.

The siggy's have persisted for so long....and only NOW it's an issue? Really?


Are some of you bored? Maybe just play the game or something....or play a different game. Sheesh.


^ x 1000

I seriously wonder what potential new players must be thinking when they see something like signatures being squabbled over instead of, you know, RP or actual game play.

_________________
Image


 
      
Commie
 
PostPosted: Tue, Aug 02 2016, 1:41 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Dec 2015

CrazyCatLady wrote:
Analog Kid wrote:
Krin wrote:
This seems like a made up problem. I used to surf the forums with a very small and out dated phone and had minimal problems. I had to do more clicking to get down the screen, but that's about it. That isn't worth a thread, a debate, a rule, or a poll. Have we just run out of things to pick on each other about? I mean.. seriously, guys. I love you and I know I haven't been around as much lately, so maybe I'm just not in on the joke, but every time I peek in there's a new argument about stupid, inconsequential BS that gets out of hand and becomes a contest for who can be the biggest asshole without getting a forum ban. Just be nicer to each other.



OMG this.....just....this.

The siggy's have persisted for so long....and only NOW it's an issue? Really?


Are some of you bored? Maybe just play the game or something....or play a different game. Sheesh.


^ x 1000

I seriously wonder what potential new players must be thinking when they see something like signatures being squabbled over instead of, you know, RP or actual game play.


"At least it's not that smut server."

_________________
ANT ALARM

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.


 
      
CrazyCatLady
 
PostPosted: Tue, Aug 02 2016, 1:56 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 19 Nov 2014

The smut server that likely doesn't have posts complaining about mundane issues like signature size. Gotcha.

_________________
Image


 
      
MisterLich
 
PostPosted: Tue, Aug 02 2016, 2:45 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 17 Jul 2013

The smut server that has amazing scripting and amazing outfits for PC's

oh shit son

Nah, we really just need to get more devoted players here. OOC drama and a perception of stagnation (which I honestly don't think is prevalent anymore, the server's been pretty dynamic in the past few months from what I've learned/seen/experienced), are probably the two big things preventing people from joining/sticking around.

More players = more developers/DM's in the longrun = better experience for everybody.

Let's just be chill and respectful if something really bothers you. Bringing it up with high emotion almost never solves anything, I can say from vast personal experience.

But this entire thread's just kinda pointless. If it breaks your phone just disable signatures.

This is not an issue.

_________________
Osiris Masud

Image


 
      
Solvaras
 
PostPosted: Sat, Aug 06 2016, 11:28 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 22 Mar 2011

That Guy wrote:
Have we run out of things to pick on each other for? Really? Signatures?


 
      
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 91 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group