|
MightNMagic
|
Posted: Sun, Nov 15 2015, 23:36 PM |
|
|

Player
Joined: 30 Jul 2013 Location: Space Australia
|
|
I think perhaps this was an oversight, but the traps in the Abyssal Temple do not ever reset once dealt with. This means if someone goes through this area and disables/recovers them, they are unavailable for trappers to gather and being the nicest traps on the server it really does need to replenish so one guy cannot bottleneck the supply of them by simply grinding XP in the Abyss or visiting the shop.
The timer on their respawn should be decently long however so one person can't simply recover them, idle outside for 15 minutes, repeat, repeat, and so forth, ending up with 100 (soon-to-be stackable) epic traps.
_________________ Rashad the Azure, Zakharan Merchant-lord Most Fair and Master of the Desert Wind Loremaster Tukson Devers, Oghmanyte Wrestler of Knowledge and Child of the Passive Voice
(No tells for Rashad while I'm playing other characters please.)
|
|
|
|
 |
|
Anatida
|
Posted: Mon, Nov 16 2015, 0:38 AM |
|
|

Player
Joined: 08 Sep 2011 Location: Texas Y'all
|
|
I have more than a hundred of them on a single PC without any great effort to try and collect them. I personally think the "system" is fine as it is. PCs do have the ability to craft their own traps. I am pretty sure even epic ones can be crafted (IIRC from the dwarves) thus... barter system.
_________________ Iim'mur'ss - Grandmaster Shadowdancer / Aaralyn - Diplomat / Oleander - Toxic Desert Flower
|
|
|
|
 |
|
MightNMagic
|
Posted: Mon, Nov 16 2015, 1:20 AM |
|
|

Player
Joined: 30 Jul 2013 Location: Space Australia
|
|
In default NWN, epic traps cannot be crafted. If the server has some special script changing this, cool deal, so long as both surfacers and udarks can utilize it.
However, I still think the traps should respawn as they are a big factor in the area's challenge.
_________________ Rashad the Azure, Zakharan Merchant-lord Most Fair and Master of the Desert Wind Loremaster Tukson Devers, Oghmanyte Wrestler of Knowledge and Child of the Passive Voice
(No tells for Rashad while I'm playing other characters please.)
|
|
|
|
 |
|
Dead
|
Posted: Mon, Nov 16 2015, 6:28 AM |
|
|

Player
Joined: 26 Apr 2009 Location: Tarkuul
|
|
Fun fact. If you die on a trap and respawn, you will land on that same trap and die again.
_________________ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Login: Narkudauman~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ╬ Join the Magisterium Mortis ╬
|
|
|
|
 |
|
msheeler
|
Posted: Wed, Nov 18 2015, 3:22 AM |
|
|

Player
Joined: 17 Dec 2008 Location: eastern USA
|
|
I agree with Letum, but when the are becomes dynamic it would change to having the area reset every 20 minutes of inactivity... so in the long run this will happen.
|
|
|
|
 |