View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
NaturesNinja
 
PostPosted: Mon, Jan 07 2013, 16:37 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 07 Jan 2013

Hi, I'm new here and as a character concept I decided to play an archaeologist. I'd like some help tracking down info/lore about the old civilizations and the ruins on Amia. Mainly what I'm looking for right now would be the names of well known ruins and/or old civilizations/tribes/sentient insect empires or what-have-you and the history behind them that is general knowledge or rumor that the average person on or off Amia would have access to. Any links to such lore would be much appreciated as I would like to be able to sound in-game like I know what I'm looking for. Also, since I'm new to pretty much all D&D lore if there is any sort of cannon lore about the rest of the Forgotten Realms setting that an archaeologist should already be privvy to please point me in that direction as well. For clarification, I'm not trying to metagame any information that I should uncover in-game, just the common knowledge, or at least common enough knowledge my character could have found information about off of Amia had he looked for it. Things like names and rough dates if available, not specifics of exact locations or cause of destruction unless such things would fall under common knowledge. Thank you for your time and I hope I can put whatever help any of you might be able to lend to good use.


 
      
LadyJeanine
 
PostPosted: Mon, Jan 07 2013, 22:09 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 23 Sep 2010
Location: Northeast Oklahoma, USA

Welcome :D

As for old cultures and ruins, try Khem on Amia B. It has several ruins and an (hopefully soon again) active Mulan presence. Though, I wouldn't head out there as a level 3 or anything. It can be a bit scary ;)

But the Eastern cultures would be something you'd probably like, like Mulhorand, Thay, Chessenta and Unther. The source book Old Empires might help you out.

_________________
TormakSaber wrote:
...
FUCK YEAH PRISCILLA
ROCK ON
\m/


 
      
TormakSaber
 
PostPosted: Tue, Jan 08 2013, 1:18 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 16 Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere

Wyrmhold.

_________________
Davion Telemos - Monk of the Four Winds
Korthan Isharnos - Dragon Shaman of Thunder Spirit Zamasham


 
      
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group