View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 664 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next
Kamina

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 11 2013, 7:57 AM 

Player

Liz wrote:
The ones that learn magic and think they're dragons, most especially.

What Dragons do they think they are?

-Dian

unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

Liz

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 11 2013, 8:15 AM 

Player

I don't know. Whatever ones their color takes after, I guess? I think it was black ones that were around, back when we first started back up the militia.

Kamina

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 11 2013, 8:48 AM 

Player

Shouldn't the topic then be 'How to deal with Chromatics'?

Case is, if a Kobold ban is enforced, we'll lose support from communities that help support us.

Kohlingen would be very unhappy if we are to ban their Kobold metalic disciples.

-Dian

when met"

Tomato Sword

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 11 2013, 11:32 AM 

Player

Dear Citizens of the Beloved Dale,

Due to the behest of Mayor Missus who feels that polling is not appropriate at this given time, I have removed the box. Let us thank Cindle for her continued work to assist us in administrative matters who have graciously counted the votes that were submitted. While I have respectfully removed the polling box, for those of us who are nosy and curious (such as myself), it appears that the votes that were counted were evenly divided into two.

My initial intent was for the citizens of the Dale to discuss this motion to ban kobolds from the Dale. While I am delighted to see that many are voicing their thoughts, perhaps a written medium is not the most suited outlet for a conversation. I am saddened to see militia members misuse their report forms in such a way and even more saddened by the hostility shown in some of these remarks. It is without a doubt all of us wish for the safety and prosperity of the Dale, regardless of our differences in ideology. Let us not forget that we are a community once and foremost before we allow our emotions to get the better of us. Thus, I propose to schedule a time for those interested to attend and to discuss this matter face to face in a Town Hall Meeting.

As the proposer of the event, I am more than happy to supply all of you dears with food, drinks, and pies. What day would best work for all of you dears?

With Hearthkeeper's Blessing,
Laurel Beestinger

//OOC wise, I'm not too picky. I think weekends naturally are probably the easiest time to schedule a meeting with everyone from different time zones/work/other IRL. Feel free to leave a comment with a suggested time and date!

Kamina

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 11 2013, 12:31 PM 

Player

//I'm busy Wed-Sat this week, though any other date or time is fine!

when met"

maglorine

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 11 2013, 12:52 PM 

Player

//Weekend nights are best and I would express my desire here to attend the meeting as Missus has a head full of opinions to render on the matter that she's been holding back on while doing some research. I've been trying to snag a DM on a couple of related matters as well. Original intent was to let the matter be discussed for some time and it looks like that's been a roaring success. Given timezones and the intermittent players it's probably been out there long enough to have reached everyone. I'm happy to make DM arrangements so we get NPC commentary as well as PC commentary.

Tomato Sword

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 11 2013, 15:44 PM 

Player

//xD You run the place. No one is going to say, "No, Missus. You can't come".

You're free to invite the Elders, of course. >.> I'm still waiting to hear back on the meeting I've requested with them (about "You know what!" *Jazz hands*) so maybe it can be a two for one special if you can get them to show up. (Though won't be the same without Gunz! *Sniff!*)

As for me, I am infinitely more flexible before August 19th. After that, my availability will decrease >.> By a lot. But even then, weekends should still be flexible.

Since Dian is the first person to specify a "Can't do!", how about August 18th? In the past, it was easiest to accommodate all of the people from different time zones starting something in US morning time. If we start it in the afternoon, it's way too late for people in the other side of the world. Especially if these goes as long as I've had it go xD But I don't really know if night time would work... Especially with the day shifting with time zone differences and the mess that can be

Either way! Leave a comment if you're interested in coming! We'll try to include as many people that wants to come as possible, but we can't take you into account if you don't say when you can or can't make it!

Kamina

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 13 2013, 18:49 PM 

Player

//18th is fine!

when met"

maglorine

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 13 2013, 19:25 PM 

Player

// I don't think I can do the 18th. I could do the 19th or 17th at night USEastern time.

Kamina

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 13 2013, 20:16 PM 

Player

//17th (which will basically be 18th for me) is also fine!

when met"

Liz

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 13 2013, 20:23 PM 

Player

// Pretty sure Daisy could be around on the evening of the 17th.

Zedrik

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 13 2013, 20:39 PM 

Player

// I really have no idea when I'd be able to be here, since I'm in the process of moving. The 18th, though, is A) a Sunday and thus usually a family day, and B) My niece's and nephew's combined birthday party. Until we're all moved over, weekends are probably going to be devoted primarily to hauling.

Tomato Sword

PostPosted: Wed, Aug 14 2013, 1:49 AM 

Player

// I'm really not comfortable asking people in non-US regions to come at US night time. If we start at 7 PM EST, that's 4 AM in Finland. I really would like for it to be in the mornings on the weekends.

Also, it really doesn't have to be this weekend if it's going to be rough for everyone.

Tomato Sword

PostPosted: Wed, Aug 14 2013, 2:10 AM 

Player

Someone appears to have busted the door to the Hin Inn! The middle-age hin is seen shaking her head and putting 5,000 gold pieces to the Town's Fund for Fendel to repair his missing door.

666WaysToHell

PostPosted: Wed, Aug 14 2013, 7:42 AM 

Player

The middle-aged Hin might hear word of a substantial repayment which would far exceed the repair costs for a single door, given to the Dale's coffers the same day the door had been broken.

Bobo_Underhill

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 15 2013, 18:55 PM 

Player

// I can try to make it any time, but evenings fit in with my schedule a lot better, especially if it's on a Friday/17th.

Marigold Cobcruncher: Perceptive Priestess

maglorine

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 15 2013, 19:06 PM 

Player

//weekend mornings are basically a non starter for me. Trying to snag a DM for this and he says the 19th is more likely to be possible than the 17th.

Tomato Sword

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 15 2013, 20:57 PM 

Player

//Then I'm calling this off. I am not going to schedule an event in which we ask our non-US players to come into the wee hours of the night for a meeting I have requested. If you would like to host a different event on the 19th, you are more than welcome to do so.

Liz

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 15 2013, 23:21 PM 

Player

// Non-morning US doesn't inherently have to alienate Europeans. Even if the event were to be held at 1pm Pacific, that's still... I think 10pm in central Europe? Neither of those seem like preposterously unreasonable hours to ask. And somebody's going to get time-screwed regardless of when we meet, since there's basically no possible time that's reasonable for US, Europe, and Australia/NZ all at once. Just pick a time that's as accommodating as possible, and if people can make it, they can make it. That's the best we can ever do.

Tomato Sword

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 16 2013, 19:28 PM 

Player

//I must be a little confused here so please bear with me. Is 1 PM Pacific considered "US evening" to you?

Liz

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 16 2013, 19:40 PM 

Player

// It would be 3pm my time, which is a little bit earlier than evening. But, I'm flexible.

Tomato Sword

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 16 2013, 22:41 PM 

Player

//Well, only person that really needed the evening time from the get go is the Mayor. So I'm not sure what good it will do to move it to the afternoon...

Tomato Sword

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 16 2013, 22:49 PM 

Player

Dear Citizens of the Beloved Dale,

Due to the difficulty arranging a time period in which the Mayor's presence can be requested, I hereby regrettably postpone the Town Hall meeting that I have scheduled. Based on the conversations I have had with many of you, it is clear that there is just as strong of an opposition to this motion as well as those who favor the complete ban of kobolds from the Dale. As long as that remains to be the case, it is hereby my recommendation to postpone the implementation of this policy to a latter time, as opposed to the end of the month as Bobrin has told Kurchin exactly one week ago.

Laurel Beestinger

maglorine

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 18 2013, 6:23 AM 

Player

Kard Kendri is hereby banned for one month from the time of this writing for animal cruelty, hunting without a license, and vigilante behavior in the slaying of a kobold chromatic kin on Dale lands.

Mayor Missus

*wagon wheel stamp*

BlueSquirrel

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 19 2013, 21:53 PM 

Player

The only good kobold is a dead kobold.

The Harlequins of Brandobaris were at war with the kobold Tenek tribe for ages (until we achieved victory through our rapscallion ways). Brandobaris always favours those who are of quick wit and quick feet. Thus naturally, the Harlequins (whom are often just legend now) have been one step ahead of the slimey silver tongued reptilians who seek to steal from the honest hard working Hin. I would encourage the rest of the Dale to embrace the lifestyle of Brandobaris this day -- let us grab our daggers, go on a glorious adventure, and pillage nearby kobold dens for the best story an ale will buy! Reclaiming stolen treasure is always a bonus too.

At the end of the day, i'm with the Gnomes on this one.

Shadows hide you from dangerous foe,

-Brandy Bramblefoot, Hand of Misadventure of the Church of Misadventure and Harlequin of Brandobaris ( and known with many other titles )

Gulliver Goldwoods (Acorn) - Keeper of the Lands of Bendir Dale
Brandy Bramblefoot (Harlequin) - General practitioner & summoner of Mischief!

Zedrik

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 19 2013, 22:16 PM 

Player

BlueSquirrel wrote:
The only good kobold is a dead kobold.

The opening line of this piece is a heartless comment at odds with the open arms of the Hearthkeeper. Community and friendship with those of good will cannot coexist with such intense hatred. I have already stated my views on our current kobold situation, so I will not repeat it here. I will, however, reiterate that this hatred that is infesting too many citizens and residents of the Dale is disheartening and needs to be quelled. We have more than a few kobolds who visit and pass through the Dale who would stand with us, helping aid us in times of need, and some of them would lay their lives down on our behalf. To say these kobolds deserve death simply for being a kobold is cruel and violates the very essence of community and friendship espoused by Yondalla and her Children. This same statement said of drow or goblins is likewise absurdly hate-filled. Any creature, despite their race, who rises above their evil kind to do good should be embraced by our community. Of course, we should not blindly accept every individual who makes such claims, but there are some members of evil species who have proven themselves to us. To spew such hate-filled comments as "The only good X is a dead X," spits in the face of their struggles and spits in the face of Yondalla, her Children, and ourselves. Cut it out.

- Rorimac Beestinger

Gobbledygook

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 19 2013, 23:21 PM 

Player

Perhaps we should consider more the feelings of those gnomes who live within our community. It is well-known to us that the kobolds are the dire enemy of the gnomes. I have always thought that allowing kobolds into a place which gnomes should be able to call home is offensive to their history and to their culture.

There seems to be much talk in these postings which say that only particular kobolds are problematic. This isn't true. Most kobolds are, and only a select few are not. The proposed ban still allows for those kobolds who are not like the majority to be granted an insignia, which is a well-considered compromise.

I would draw a connection between these two points to Elves and Drow. It is just as well-known that Elves and Drow are dire enemies, just in the same way that our Gnome cousins and the kobolds are. Drow, like kobolds, are usually evil creatures who spread their malice and pain across Faerun. Occasionally there are those who are different. It is important to recognise that these are a tiny minority.

This is not a hate-fueled endeavor. It is to protect our people and our lands. Those of the kobolds who prove themselves to us are still able to be welcomed, provided that they have an insignia.

- Private Ciaran 'Law Dragon'

Kamina

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 19 2013, 23:24 PM 

Player

Zedrik wrote:
To spew such hate-filled comments as "The only good X is a dead X," spits in the face of their struggles and spits in the face of Yondalla, her Children, and ourselves. Cut it out.

Agreed whole-heartedly.

Brandy, Brandobaris teaches many-a-thing, but blind hate for a race is not one of them.

Singing his name for the glory of murdering and exiling a race brings shame to the Pantheon.

-Dian.

when met"

Kudark

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 20 2013, 0:44 AM 

Player

I would like to second, private Ciaran's remarks.
~~Private Crow Tall Dragon

maglorine

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 20 2013, 2:31 AM 

Player

The following announcement represents the Mayor's response to the following thread:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=72791

The NoKobo Manifesto

Citizens,
I have a few words to get off my generous and shapely bosom regarding matters pertinent to:
1) The proposed alteration of our Racial Bans to include Kobolds.
2) The upcoming Election (for those of you not yet informed there will be one and communication of the event logistics are currently being prepared)

Regarding the Racial Ban and Kobolds specifically, I’ve made a few short statements in the announcement and call for citizen comment but this missive will be a more lengthy and detailed response to comments made in opposition.

Firstly, let's be clear, the sentiment of the opposition is good hearted, caring, and emerges from positive intent. However, it’s also both naïve and dangerous. We maintain a settlement that is a rich and succulent target for those of ill intent, not because we are weak of body, but because a seeping weakness of mind can rob us of our necessary clear eyed understanding of the world as it is, not as we might like it to be.

Now, let’s discuss what I will refer to as your Standard Issue Common Kobold (SICK). This I distinguish from the relatively tiny number of what I’ll refer to as the Domesticated Intelligent Cultured Kobold (DICK). Let’s first begin by understanding that the former outnumbers the latter by many orders of magnitude and defines the race for any practical purpose. You define and understand a race not by its outliers but by its center of gravity. The SICK kobold doesn’t wear a foppish hat and trousers like a DICK. He wears a sword stained by the blood of his victims and uses the whitened bone of a dead kittens claw for a toothpick.

Kobolds are evil. Their primary diety, worshipped by nearly all members of the race, is Kurtulmak. They are ruthless, organized creatures who specialize in trapping, killing, and eating humanoids of any type. They are particularly fond of torture and are known and proven slavers. They react particularly hatefully to smaller good natured creatures like gnomes, sprites, brownies, and pixies, some of whom I remind the reader, live in our Dale. These aren’t my opinions of Kobolds, they are factual scientific truths. Ask a Sage, ask a Loremaster, ask Elminster himself, ask persons of professions likely to come in contact with Kobolds and you’ll get the same collective description.

In countries far and wide, kobolds are exterminated as you would rid your home of a wasp infestation because the mistakes of those unwise enough to allow such an influence to take root have administered a harsh and unforgiving lesson to other communities and settlements throughout Faerun. Yet, we have eminently sane individuals claiming that, due to a small number of well known and exceptional Kobolds who frequent our lands and represent no threat, that Kobolds in general represent no threat.

I will remind the citizenry of recent Kobold attacks on Cordor, on this very isle. Attacks which resulted in 8 deaths (including the well respected cart driver of the route between Cordor and Bendir) and significant property damage. I will remind the citizenry of numerous Kobold raids across the centuries from the Silver Marches to Amn. These events aren’t out of character exceptions to the rule, they ARE the rule. The exceptions you name are just that, exceptions. We should treat exceptions as such and set our rules around the vast majority, just like we do for Drow and Goblinoids and give them an Insignia of our own crafting. Don’t be fooled by a couple of DICKs.

There are those who claim that Kobolds aren’t nearly as evil as Drow. Well, of what do they speak? Intent or ability? Capability to act and force evil upon large numbers of persons doesn’t define evil intent. Intent is what your aims are, not your ability to achieve a goal. Kobolds hold within the intent to enslave, the intent to conquer lands by force, the intent to kill your dog and sell your child into slavery. Their capability to achieve those goals rests largely on two things - Their own ability and their targets preparedness. Weakening our preparedness directly impacts their ability to render evil unto others. I'll not have it.

Now regarding the upcoming Election:

In recent months I’ve expressed a desire to some of you to give someone else a chance to perform the duties of Mayor. Given my grave concerns about the expressed opposition to this most common sense alteration to our Racial Bans I’ve come to some decisions.

1) I will not enact the change to the Racial Ban prior to the upcoming election given the vocal opposition.
2) I’m going to do exactly what I said, give someone else a chance. Chance, you may recall from your school work or gambling habit, does not equal certainty.
3) I will therefore, if nominated, run for re-election.
4) I will, if elected, enact the change to the Racial Ban as the very first act of my second term.

In other words we’ll find out if the opposition has the votes and represents the majority or is just a vocal minority. I look forward to a vigorous debate in any case on this and other important issues as we determine the future direction for our shared community.

Mayor Missus,
*wagon wheel shaped wax seal in a lovely swirly turquoise hue*

PS. Comments regarding the above are welcome but do not expect a response from me as I will likely just refer you back to this statement.

Tomato Sword

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 20 2013, 11:29 AM 

Player

Dear Private Ciaran and Crow,

While it is undeniably true that kobolds are not reputed to be good creatures as a whole, there is little to no excuse, by your logic, to allow full blooded orcs, demon- and fiend-kins, and ogre-spawns into the Dale, as we currently do, if and when the decision to ban creatures from the Dale is determined by the tendency for a particular creature to do harm. Most fiend-kins in the realm are evil, as nearly all full blooded orcs and ogre spawns are. A single orc harbors much more potential for destruction than a single kobold ever would by any reasonable mean. By what logic do we ask the residents, such as myself, who have been slain by daemons, to ask daemon-kins to be welcomed into the Dale?

I am also slightly confused by your reference to gnomes and their past history with kobolds. None of us oppose this measure out of insensitivity to our gnomish residents. I believe an apology is in due if I have ever come across as such. However, I must stress the complexity of the Dale by the virtue of allowing four races to co-exist in a small settlement. By your logic, it would be a difficult position to argue for the absolute ban of enemies of gnomes, yet we allow duergars and servants of the Queen of Air and Darkness to come into the Dale.

The safety of our residents, of course, always come first. As the individual who have made our insignias for the Dale and the one who has given the insignias personally to almost every single one of those who are on our list currently, it should be the last process we consider rather than the first. The Dale is not a land of infinite resources. Whereas other settlements on the isle may have the resources to enforce absolute bans, we already face difficulties with the most reasonable requests made to our visitors, such as disarming themselves in the Dale. We must, therefore, prioritize our defenses to actual threats to the Dale and its community as a whole. A law that is passed alone does not guarantee the safety of our residents. This has been made clear in countless examples of the Dale when we have passed other laws and provisions, which only increased bloodshed and hostilities towards the Dale. I fear this provision may inspire the similar response many of us, who have resided in the Dale for a long time, have already seen.

Drow and goblins were not banned for the Dale because of their racial history, nor their reputation for committing evil deeds. It is because they have harmed the Dale as a community time and time again despite our many efforts to welcome them into our home as members of any other race. Kobolds ought not to be an exception in the Dale's current state to merely appease our gnomish residents, if and when the proposal blatantly ignores the discomfort and histories of hins, dwarves, and feys.

Laurel Beestinger

Gobbledygook

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 20 2013, 12:21 PM 

Player

Laurel, I believe you are absolutely correct. If it were me, those races you have mentioned would also be subject to being required to attain an insignia. The protection of our people should come before any feelings of duty you might have to those peoples who are not our own.

You have said that it is undeniably true that kobolds are not reputed to be good creatures as a whole. And by the same logic, I agree that there is no excuse to allow full blooded orcs, demon- and fiend-kins, and ogre-spawns into the Dale. It stunned me that they were permitted, when I first arrived. However I can only comment on those changes which are proposed currently.

The law is the law, and I'll uphold it as it is written. But my suggestions and opinions on the matter are as strict only as they need to be, in order to maintain the safety of our people, and those who live amongst us.

- Private Ciaran 'Law Dragon'

Zedrik

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 20 2013, 12:49 PM 

Player

It is patently absurd to ban kobolds simply because they are out there somewhere being evil when almost every kobold that actually enters the Dale has showed absolutely no hostility toward us when we don't blanket ban humans or elves who have repeatedly broken our laws or tried to usurp our authority or assaulted us for little to no reason other than they disliked our laws. Or because they thought it would be fun.

If we had a consistent coordinated problem with kobolds, then and only then should we consider a blanket ban on kobolds. It is the experience of the Dale that the kobolds who walk our lands overwhelmingly tend to be tribal outcasts, usually due to not holding to Kurtulmakkian ways because of their goodwill toward others. Those who do pose a threat do so as singular entities, possibly with a minion or two. Much like the humans and elves who cause us problems, it's not a racial effort, it's the efforts of one or three who can be added to the banned individuals list or listed under the known Kurtelmakkians (because those very few who cause problems are almost always Kurtulmakkians, who are already banned in the first place).

The news of the kobold ban, because of the very thing I have said already in regards to the Dale kobolds overwhelmingly not causing us problems, has stirred fears in other races that we may ban them for the actions of a few troublemakers of their race. This is not the kind of climate we want to foster, especially since we already have a reputation for being unreasonably harsh despite there being little to no truth in the sentiment.

- Rorimac Beestinger

BlueSquirrel

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 20 2013, 15:21 PM 

Player

A simple joke is posted in return.

A woman goes to a cleric. Says she is depressed, that her community has lost it's way from outside influence. Says she feels all alone on a kobold infested island. Cleric says, "Treatment is simple. The great harlequin Brandy Bramblefoot is in the Dale tonight. Go see her, and be mirth with her famous stories, pranks and jokes. That should pick you up." The woman bursts into tears. She says, "But cleric... I am Brandy."

Gulliver Goldwoods (Acorn) - Keeper of the Lands of Bendir Dale
Brandy Bramblefoot (Harlequin) - General practitioner & summoner of Mischief!

CTX

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 20 2013, 23:46 PM 

Player

It's fascinating how the majority of the opposing force against kobolds comes from those of you who have been present as much times as people have obeyed our laws. That being said, your comments and views on the matter are as pointless as this ban.

-Voi (Serena)

Serena Voi: An adorable little Halfling.
Brizthara D'ulov: A spoiled, loud-mouthed priestess.

maglorine

PostPosted: Wed, Aug 21 2013, 4:08 AM 

Player

More updates!
maglorine wrote:
Captain Missus 'Mustache Dragon' A'whiggins
1st Lieutenant Daisy 'Gold Dragon' Goodluck
2nd Lieutenant Skit 'Iron Dragon' Gwil
2nd Lieutenant Holl 'Steel Dragon' Silver-eye
Master Sergeant Bobrin 'Shadow Dragon' Torrowfire
Corporal Suzy 'Momma Dragon' Burris (Smith)
Corporal Luckii 'Luck Dragon' Till
Private Wandalynn 'Actual Dragon' Goldleaf
Private Rorimac 'Serious Dragon' Beestinger
Private Ciaran 'Law Dragon'
Private Crow 'Tall Dragon'

The PIT Crew - Privates-In-Training
Calen
Daliyon "Decorum Dragon" Thistleleaf

maglorine

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 22 2013, 12:49 PM 

Player

Jandar and Kozlov are added to the list of banned individuals for repeated refusal to comply with our well known and frequently cited weapons laws. If they are seen remove them.

Zedrik

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 22 2013, 16:51 PM 

Player

A drow by the name of Vaela was with Tom Kolwer in the Dale today. I informed her that she needed to be on our list if she wishes to be in the Dale, so she expressed her desire for exemption.

P Three

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 22 2013, 21:18 PM 

DM

I can speak for Vaela. She is very severe, but I have never seen her do anything that is outside the Maiden's dogma. I don't believe she's of the Shrine, but she has told me and demonstrated that sheis a follower of Eilistraee.

Aly'dra Zau'ana

Yee-haw!

Aly'dra Zau'ana: Priestessish Of Eilistraee
Danika Nefzen: Druid of the Earthmother
Delia Am'Anodel: Paladin of Torm

Tomato Sword

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 22 2013, 21:39 PM 

Player

These notices are taken down from public view.

maglorine

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 23 2013, 11:10 AM 

Player

maglorine wrote:
More updates :(
Ciaran has left the building

Calen

maglorine

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 25 2013, 3:47 AM 

Player

*An addendum is now attached to the original posting.*

It appears another tragedy has been perpetrated by the Kobold Menacetm. One of our trading partners, the Commonwealth of Cordor has been striken by a curse or spell which has rotted all the iron and steel present in the City, one which clearly emanates from the conflict and their just defense against the Kobold swarm.

This is just another example of the dangers present when kobolds are around. Can you imagine your clawfoot bathtub fallen to dust, your favorite muffin pan crumbling in your hands, or for those of you with modest means, a polished steel wedding band destroyed?!

I say we should stand in solidarity with our trading partners and neighbors afflicted by this terrible disaster. Make known our condemnation of this wicked sorcery by banning the race which would perpetrate such a act. A token gesture to be sure but one which shows which side of civilization we stand on!

Mayor Missus
"Your best defense against the Kobold Menacetm"

maglorine

PostPosted: Wed, Aug 28 2013, 2:10 AM 

Player

*A letter is nailed to the townhall door. A note is penned to the very bottom of it in bold print*

This letter and note is no longer posted on the door.

Liz

PostPosted: Wed, Aug 28 2013, 2:21 AM 

Player

This note no longer exists.

Tomato Sword

PostPosted: Wed, Aug 28 2013, 2:33 AM 

Player

Laurel simply sighs and takes them down, only leaving the nail behind. She is no longer seen in the Dale shortly after.

maglorine

PostPosted: Wed, Aug 28 2013, 13:50 PM 

Player

*the nail is removed by an angry looking gnome*

maglorine

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 31 2013, 3:58 AM 

Player

maglorine wrote:
More updates

Calen
Finntram "Loyal Dragon" Springhand

Tomato Sword

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 31 2013, 11:31 AM 

Player

Upon returning from her short time away, the middle-aged hin posts this notice in the Town Hall.

Dear Citizens of Our Beloved Dale,

As announced by the Mayor, we are holding an election for a new Mayor! Let us first thank Mayor Missus for her dedication in protecting and serving the Dale and helping us over come our difficult situation that has lead to her initial appointment. I, Laurel Beestinger, have been appointed by the Mayor to be in charge of our election. All and any questions regarding the election at any given time may be directed to me and I will do my best to provide an answer in a timely manner. The election will occur as follows.

First, we will begin our nomination process for our new Mayor. All citizens of the Dale, whether they be hin, gnome, fey, or dwarf, are eligible to be nominated for the position, including those who have never publicly announced their intent. Contrary to previous elections,
citizens may not self-nominate themselves for appointment. Instead, citizens and citizens alone will nominate a candidate that they feel is most fit for the position. Each citizen, whether they be hin, gnome, fey, or dwarf, may only nominate a single individual. The nomination form is available in the Town Hall. Incomplete forms will not be accepted.

Once an individual have
two nominations from citizens of the Dale, they are considered as a Mayoral Candidate. Each Candidate will be reviewed by the Elder's Council for final approval. Once Cadidates have been approved by the Elder's Council, they have the decision to accept or reject their nomination publicly and must be made within tenday of his or her candidacy.

After the tenday has passed, we will then hold our formal debate for our candidates. Date and time for this event is currently to be determined but will be announced in the Town Hall well in advance.
All candidates are required to attend the debate in order to proceed with the election. Candidates who fail to attend the debate, barring exigent circumstances, will be immediately removed from candidacy.

Once the debate has been held, we will finally hold our election for the new term. The election will begin immediately proceeding the debate. The vote will be held open for a tenday in the Town Hall and all votes will be submitted to Cindle.
Each citizen, whether they be hin, gnome, fey, or dwarf, are eligible to vote for a single Candidate. Once the votes have been counted, the new Mayor of the Dale will be announced!

I hereby declare the commencement of the nomination process from here until the end of tenday!

Laurel Beestinger

//Nominations are done in this thread. Please follow specific procedures there. As mentioned in the Nominations thread, we will hold our nomination from today, 8/31/2013 until 9/9/2013 11:59:59 PM, EST. The next step will be announced once that's done.

Last edited by Tomato Sword on Tue, Sep 24 2013, 8:05 AM, edited 6 times in total.

Tomato Sword

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 31 2013, 11:31 AM 

Player

In the Town Hall, nominations forms are left for citizens to nominate a candidate for the upcoming election. Once completed, it is then collected by Cindle.

Quote:
Name:
Race:
Faith:
Length of Residence:
Name of the Nominee:

OOC: Rules

1) Please do not post in this thread other than using it for the Nomination process to avoid clutter. We'd like to make it easy as possible for the DM to keep track of how many votes we have. You can either post in the official Election Thread for any reactions regarding the election or simply make your own thread.

2) Regardless of how many characters you have that live in the Dale, only one character per player may nominate.

3) You cannot nominate yourself. "Yourself" including other characters you play.

4) Characters that are banned from the Dale, for whatever reason, are not eligible to be nominated, even if they are hin, gnome, dwarf, or fey, as they are not citizens.

5) The Dale is a place of residence and not a faction. You can be in multiple factions but it's a bit more complicated with a place of citizenship. In order to avoid confusion, dwarves that are part of Barak Runedar are also not eligible to vote, as they are citizens of Barak Runedar and not the Dale.

6) The Dale does NOT allow Feytouched to become a citizen currently. Thus fey refers to full-blooded feys that requires DM-approval to play. Even then, we mean small fey, like brownies and pixies. Human sized ones have also never been accepted, like nymphs, dryads, sidhe, satyrs, etc.

7) Except for the above, anyone that is hin, gnome, dwarf, or fey can be a citizen of the Dale. Citizenship is assumed if you have the ability to bind to our leyline node. There is no formal IG process, nor do your characters necessarily have to live in the Dale to be a citizen, given the limited number of player housing and so forth.

8) You may post your nomination by copy/pasting or quoting the above form by replying to this thread or PMing Amarice-Elaraliel with the above form. Please note that if you do post your nomination here, it is still not considered public information as you turn the note with Cindle, the NPC in the Town Hall by the leyline node.

9) Nominations with missing elements on any part of the form will not be accepted. For those who are Faithless, you must indicate such and not leave it blank. For people who are unsure how long they've been playing, just give it your best estimate.

10) The nominations will close at September 9th, 11:59:59 PM, EST

maglorine

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 31 2013, 13:13 PM 

Player

maglorine wrote:
More updates
Daisy Goodluck is promoted to Captain. Please send her your best wishes.

Captain Daisy 'Gold Dragon' Goodluck

[size=130]
Calen
Finntram "Loyal Dragon" Springhand

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 664 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next