View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Jes

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 02 2020, 1:18 AM 

DM

So!

We finally hit our breakthrough we were looking for and we're pleased to announce that EE is probably just a month away or so. This is partly what has kept me busy away from my normal DM event-running things (any why it'll still be slow for me for the next month). We'll be doing a push to get everything in order very soon and (hopefully) there won't be too much broken. If so, we'll just fix things as we go.

To reiterate, because it's still a common question I get: all characters/items/gold will be transferred over, although many will require rebuilds/maintenance to work properly because of custom systems clashing with EE systems. It'll be a slow process, but we'll get there together if we're patient. I'll be posting a proper explanation of the process so players know what to expect.

Because of the way our modifications work, we will have to remake some things from scratch. Therefore, know that when EE goes live, it's possible we may be short some features that we have now. But these are things we will be working on after EE goes live. At some point, we simply can't feasibly have both 1.69 and EE, so there's just gonna be a wee bit of overlap in development.

Either way, these things will most likely be available immediately:
    -New Job System
    -Deity System (shouldn't change much if at all)
    -Mav's Prestige Classes
    -Dragon Disciple implemented in a non-buggy way (incoming changes will be posted separately soon once finalized)
    -Dream Coins will be transferred
    -New website

What this means for you NOW
  1. There will be one more update to the modules: 5.20y.
  2. When that update goes live (probably this weekend or early next week), there will be no more small area updates, either. What little there will be will be restricted to plot-related things that are easy for us to track to make sure nothing is missed in the EE module.
  3. If you have any area update requests you've been holding onto for a while and don't wanna wait a month or so before those start going in, make those requests now, before Friday.
  4. Some things currently in-progress will inevitably be put on hold. This is unavoidable simply because of the timing of our breakthrough and our desire to get EE ready to go live. All we ask is that you're patient for the coming month while we finish this.
  5. Rebuilds will be on hold. If you have one you wanna do prior to EE, get it in this week. Just try to keep in mind that EE means lots of rebuilds and you may just have to turn around and do another one. Especially if you wanna try out one of the new PRCs.
  6. If you don't have NWN: Enhanced Edition yet, now is the time to pick it up. We'll keep an eye out for discounts and sales over the next month and post any we see in the Amia Discord.

All in all, it's gonna be a firm push and we're gonna be diving headfirst into it this month. Some things will have to be delayed for it, but hopefully it'll be an smooth process for you guys either way! We're optimistic, but we do of course plan for hiccups and difficulties. Bear with us and soon we'll be in that fancy EE server list.

Have fun, guys!

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

Jes

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 08 2020, 13:43 PM 

DM

The new Amia Website/Forum has been launched (though the information transfer is very much incomplete), so click the link below to go there and set up a new account. We're currently having some e-mail issues because the major mailservers have been marking some of them as spam and not even delivering them (gmail especially), so if you have any troubles with password resets or anything, let me know. It might help to whitelist @amiaworld.com in your email settings, but I'll probably have to send a ticket to the mailservers to get it sorted.

PM me with any problems you have. It's still in early access mode, but it is the final version.

See me DM-side as:

Jes

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 08 2020, 14:03 PM 

DM

Character TransfersCharacter transfers will need to be done manually. As such, we will ask you to submit a form to have the characters you want transferred to EE Amia. Organize which characters you want to transfer over to EE. And please don't just say "all my characters". We need to make sure we're looking at the same ones you are. It's safer to just verify so that multiple requests from the same player don't come in immediately.

We will be keeping an archive of all characters, so if you want to have a character saved later on that you didn't mention, or you change your mind about permanently shelving one, you can still submit a request for those characters. None will be deleted.

We recommend waiting until closer to July to send these in, just to ensure that you have listed all the characters you want by then. It'll slow things down if you send more than one PM if you change your mind later.

DO NOT post this form publicly on the forums. Send it directly to Jes on the new EE forum. The PM link is here if you already have an account. If not, set up an account first and send it to me there.

Also DO NOT PM this form to me on these forums. My inbox is already very full and I don't want some to be missed. Send them on the new forum only. There's also a big link in the post above this one, so you can't miss it!

Send one form for each Amia login that you have, but keep all separate forms in one PM to me. Make sure to use the same NWN CD Key for each transfer, because characters are stored by CD Key instead now. (Edit) Logins can still be changed.

Character Transfer Form
  1. Your current NWN Amia Login:
  2. Your NWN EE Multiplayer Login:
  3. Your NWN EE Public CD Key (see below):
  4. List ALL characters you want transferred (by .bic file name, see below):

How to Find Your Character's File Name
  1. Log into Amia 1.69
  2. Type /s f_file
  3. Click Show Vault
  4. View character file names (.bic format)

It's easier to just move all characters you want to leave behind to the archive and ensure all characters you want to keep are in your Vault.

Note: If you DO NOT have access to 1.69 NWN, you can just send the character names as you remember them. This will be much slower, though, so please only do this if you have absolutely no choice.

How to Find Public CD KeyYou can find your EE CD Key in cdkey.ini located in your 'Documents/Neverwinter Nights' folder where it has the game folders (like hak, override, modules, etc).

Public CD keys are comprised of alternating characters in the CD key, starting with the second and ending with the sixteenth, for a total of eight characters.

EE CD-Key: 12345 - 67890 - ABCDE - FGHIJ - KLMNO - PQRST - UVWXY
EE Public CD-Key: 24680BDF

--------

You can also do this:

Run NWN EE > Multiplayer > New Game > Any module
Look in "Advanced Options" on the bottom right and make sure "Allow Local Characters" is not checked.
Make a new character and load into the server.
Exit and look in your Neverwinter Nights folder (this is in your Documents directory) for the "servervault" folder.
The name of the folder within your servervault folder (it'll look like 8 random numbers/letters) is your Public CD-Key.

Post in this thread if you have any questions.

See me DM-side as:

Jes

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 15 2020, 15:11 PM 

DM

Important notice!

Morgan and Sons bank storage will no longer function properly. Get your items out of storage sometime before July.

There is intent to reinstate a banking system with EE. It just won't work the way it was implemented anymore.

Edit: In case it's not clear, this means get your items out of storage because they won't be there anymore after the switch.

See me DM-side as:

Jes

PostPosted: Fri, Jun 26 2020, 16:31 PM 

DM

It's almost July, so make sure to get your character transfer requests in if you want your characters to be available at launch!

Note: Dream Coins are linked to current Amia logins, so will also be transferred over with your characters. If you aren't submitting a character transfer request, but still want to transfer DCs, submit a request anyway. Just put "DCs Only" instead of character file names in that spot on the form.

See me DM-side as:

Jes

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 01 2020, 17:24 PM 

DM

Jes wrote:
It's almost July, so make sure to get your character transfer requests in if you want your characters to be available at launch!

Note: Dream Coins are linked to current Amia logins, so will also be transferred over with your characters. If you aren't submitting a character transfer request, but still want to transfer DCs, submit a request anyway. Just put "DCs Only" instead of character file names in that spot on the form.

We still have a couple weeks, but we do expect it to make the transition this month. Get these in if you want your characters to be available at launch!

See me DM-side as:

Jes

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 10 2020, 21:58 PM 

DM

One more reminder about character transfer requests! Send these to me as outlined in this post!

See me DM-side as:

Jes

PostPosted: Tue, Jul 14 2020, 4:51 AM 

DM

Our new job system has been completed! Maverick and I worked hard on it to make it flexible and straightforward (but mostly Mav; he's a beast).

It's live on the test server in a room off the entry, so go ahead and play with it. If you find anything weird or that seems broken, drop me or Maverick a PM or messages on Discord. There's also a channel in the main Amia Discord server for EE Job System discussion.

To summarize, there are now only 20 jobs, with many of the previous job system functions represented somewhere in those 20 jobs, but they are much more condensed, with fewer recipes and fewer types of harvested resources. Examples:
  • A Smith can refine ingots and make weapons and armor.
  • Artificer has many popular recipes from Inventor and Arcanist, etc, like bandage bags, mythal tubes, and the like. Any of the magical containers are in this one, as well as several new functions we're excited about. You can even make bones wands and blank scrolls now!
  • There are much fewer different kinds of gems, metals, trees, etc, making it easier to find what you need.
  • Farmers and Ranchers will not be restricted to specific tilesets for their crops and animals. There's a new function for that now that can be placed in any area.
  • There are many new resources for your enjoyment. You can even gather peacock eggs!
There is no Map-Making function at this time, however.

Regarding your current merchant chests, we recommend not gathering anything else from the current job system, and taking a screenshot of your merchant resources. We'll have another update post for you regarding how/if we're going to be able to transfer resources somehow, as well as documentation for what all the jobs and recipes and resources are.

Stay tuned!

See me DM-side as:

Jes

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 15 2020, 3:41 AM 

DM

Here is a link to the spreadsheet for the EE Amia Job System.

This goes with the post above this one! This is an initial release and more will be added later, but for now this is what we have for everyone! This spreadsheet is temporary until we get a better page up soon.

Feel free to look for errors, oopses, bugs or whatever else - both in the spreadsheet and in-game.

See me DM-side as:

Jes

PostPosted: Sat, Jul 18 2020, 19:32 PM 

DM

Merchant Job Resource Transfers

We have figured out how we can do this! Hooray!

Here is a link to the instructions for job resource transfers.

Here is a link to the forum to post your transfer topic.

Here is a link to an example topic, if you need help.

See me DM-side as:

Jes

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 26 2020, 5:15 AM 

DM

The transfer to EE will take place from August 11th to August 13th (Tuesday through Thursday).

We don't expect it'll take that long, but we have a bit of extra downtime allotted just in case of hiccups.

See me DM-side as:

Jes

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 29 2020, 14:18 PM 

DM

Starting this week, I'm going to encourage folks to start focusing on the new forums. If you want to use an existing topic, either make it fresh on the new forums with a link to the old, or ask for help from a DM who can do forum maintenance since we're still in the process of moving stuff over ourselves.

Throughout this week, I will be preparing these forums for archive mode, with the exception of existing requests.

Note: Archive Mode will still be readable, so you have more time than this to get any PC Stories or anything moved over if you want to.

See me DM-side as:

Jes

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 02 2020, 14:49 PM 

DM

Rebuilds from 1.69!

EE RebuildsIn light of the move to EE bringing forth a number of mechanical changes, the team has decided that for the first three weeks following the switch, Rebuilds that fall into certain categories may be simply requested IG without a formal written request. Jes, Raua, and Mahtan will be focused on these for these three weeks, so you can arrange with them directly by PM or Discord if one of them isn't on and a current DM isn't available to do it. The following types of rebuilds qualify:

• "Minor" Rebuilds: Wherein there are small changes to ability scores, levels in your current classes, and/or a couple of feats.
  • "Moderate" Rebuilds: Wherein an aspect of the build is drastically changed, such as gaining or losing a prestige class, or swapping out an entirely different weapon focus line of feats. Note: If you wish to take advantage of the new PRCs, your rebuild will fall under this category.
  • ECL/Subrace-change related Rebuilds: Ability score changes and class levels will be looked at more leniently with the new altered subraces and the ECL-Level adjustments being removed. Lack of Level Adjustment opens the doors to a number of build opportunities previously unavailable to certain subraces.

The rebuild you decide to have will be approved on the spot by the DM overseeing it, at his or her best judgment. Drastic changes, such as characters switching from Wizard to Sorcerer, or going from a blackguard to a paladin, are extremely unlikely to be allowed. Just explain your reasoning to your overseeing DM and they'll help you out, either way.

If you're unsure if your planned rebuild qualifies or not, simply ask an available DM and give them a run-down of what you plan on changing!

See me DM-side as: