View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Dark Dreams
 
PostPosted: Tue, Jul 22 2014, 19:05 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 22 Mar 2014

Laiquendi Ohtar wrote:
Show me one lawful musician who got to real fame :P
(I might be a bit oblivious with this one)


... ALL OF THEM.

As a musician (I've been a musician since I was three years old, and I'm now 33, so... yeah), I can personally attest and confirm that the musician mindset -must- be extremely disciplined and dedicated to a rigorous routine of rote rehearsal, which is an inherently lawful mindset. There is nothing chaotic about "one-two-three-four" over and over for hours on end, repeating one song to perfection.

As far as the other Bardic concepts, such as being a "free-spirit"... I would argue that there exists -no- class in D&D that is more free-spirited than Ranger... but -they- can be lawful.

Another one is the "thumbing their nose at society" arguement... well, that's pretty much what Rogues do... and -they- can be lawful.

Or this one: "It's in the nature of the magics they use" ... there is no difference between the chaos factor of Bardic magic vs Sorcerer's magics... yet -they- can be lawful.

There is no reason at all, whatsoever, that Bards cannot be lawful. It's a ridiculous restriction that makes -no- sense, and was put in place by someone in the initial design of NWN or at WoTC who obviously does not understand how music and the arts work.


 
      
Very_Svensk
 
PostPosted: Thu, Jul 24 2014, 10:43 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 13 Oct 2010
Location: (Sweden +1GMT)

I did some digging and it seems to be a case of "He said" aka:
Somebody once had an opinion
That opinion was referred to
That reference became a source
Somebody uses that source to verify his opinion
That source then became a fact.

_________________
NWN Damage Calculator: http://www.afterlifeguild.org/Thott/dnd/
NWN Build Calculator: http://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn2/other/tool/characterbuildcalculator-nwn2-cbc2


 
      
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group