View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
#StraightOutaAvernus

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 09 2016, 4:15 AM 

Player

Location: WHY SHOULD I TELL YOU WHERE WHEN YOU'RE ABOUT TO DIE?! NGAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

The Ank'aanalexri -- Of Dragonkind
An Educational Theological Series, Vol. 1 -- Dragonfall

As scribed by: Achuak'iejir Stormwind

[An Author's Note, scribed carefully and penned as seems by hand rather than woodcut; as though the author took to great care and measure to ensure that they were placed to exact specifics in each copy she would be allowed to get to mint…]

To The Reader:

Blessed be the words, and acknowledge each you read. Those contained in this tome are all designed with in mind to seek the expansion of wisdom, of education, and of information among all; these as to both educate the newly faithful, and to wisen those who would claim to be foes as to what they fight -- that perhaps understanding may one day be reached, even for those who will not deign to hold her in reverence or regard. Let misinformation be no longer, and let that our tenants and the history of their conception be recorded by her voice.

So as to pen, so as is written, so it has been and shall be -- objective as history, or as her tenants alike;

~The High Godclaw

Chapter 1 -- The First Clutch of Asgorath

With the creation of time, beneath the forces of entropy and chaos which enveloped the known realms of Toril and those dimensions and planes that we have both come to know and yet as well those we may never; wherefore our habitable world, unakin to the endless small ones which surround it, was bestowed with the Primeval Lords of All Race's Birthing -- to become now the gods of our realm. Fromwhere they came unwithstanding, likely having but descended on the most promising of their creations, each bore its understood mission to fill its new realm, and to bless it with those creations that would maintain order and strength, and those who would serve its survival.

Among these gods, we of Dragonkind know it that the most powerful was the Father Nine-fold Io; and while seldom will it be agreed what color with which he himself most aligned, it is known that he bore from his loins each and every of Dragon's blood. Three, as the first and pinnacles of these lines, emerged first.

Io's blood ran through the veins of all and yet not in equal measure. He endowed his strength into the Chromatics of his children, to one gave he their Beauty, and unto the Metallic children blessed his temperance. These divided traits, together, were to keep one another within check -- being incapable of being placed into any single creation in their fullest measure; and among one another would form the highest caste of racial society. This, to which the other gods would not and could not contest, as they concerned more toward the land within which their children could and would roam that none would escape their sight and they could strengthen the land. So sayeth the father, "My children shall inhabit all the lands, my blood and my mind born to three, and watched by the same; my children's keepers, and prized youths, carry with ye my sight -- that my creations, which I endow rulership of to you, not leave yours."

Tiamat knew first that Dragonkind's strength would be necessary to the greater ends of unity and survival on Toril, and indeed all Prime realms -- and at the times of our known planescape's youth wherein Asmodeus would claim his seat in the Planar Baatoria, the uncertainty of Dragonkind's ability to measure up with its role in the Prime was at a peak. She would beseech her Brother to grasp at the world with her, while the whole of our grand race still held it. To affirm it with order, and to place unto it a rule, filled with those children of the race as a whole whom would either epitomize their strengths, or bear them in shared measures. These strengths of mind and body, these premonisive insights of consequence, she believed; would be Toril's only chance -- for left to those lesser of well-rounded spirit, they would destroy one another beneath the growing tension of each god for territory and stakes in the others' domains.

Bahamut however, in the face of all adversity, lost sight of Io's words and desires for his children -- little did he believe they bore the mind and the power to contain the whole of the world's responsibilities, and he grew instead to bare sympathy for the primordial civilizations which man, elves, and alike sprung up within forests, mountains, and planes. His sympathy became his action, born of a dulled sense of the responsibilities he was made to adhere to for his; a temperance which had passed the neutrality toward kin intended, and had instead neutered him of identity toward his. Thus, as had most of these Metallic children; and Bahamut, who would never truly identify even in himself as a god, would turn his back and those of his 'subjects' as their King, away from the will of the Father and unto instead bulking these lesser regimes.

To obtain more favor, Bahamut saw it to attempt to convince the third of those Dragons created -- Vorel, the embodiment of dragon kind's vanity and splendor -- to abandon their own confidence, and crumble to the concept of living in the name of perpetuating those regimes beneath them. Tiamat knew well the far-reaching effects this may lead unto, and to avert a true divine crisis, disposed of them; and as the Prime's martyr, she took unto herself damnation when Io failed to see what had become of his platinum child. Thus with the betrayal of Bahamut came the Fall of the Age of Dragons. Tiamat, in her exile to Avernus to pay the divine penance for her perceived sin, lost contact with her own children for many years; who would blame Bahamut for their assumed death. The spark this lit would cultivate this fall, into a conflict that would come to be known as the Dragonfall Wars -- where the empires of Dragons would fall, and the empires of man would succeed beyond their meant-means; beginning the self-destructive cycle of man, and slowing progress on Toril to a crawl.

Chapter 2 -- The Wyrmlord Cataclysm and Dragonfall Wars

A world which could not, and would not, yet be ready for war so soon from its genesis would see it sooner than its creators would've deigned to imagine. The brief intermission in Tiamat's communication demanded explanation from the Chromatics of the land, who would see to speak with the Metallics they once named of the same clutch; to be met with dismissal, assault -- to be responded against for not following in the Orders Bahamut had made. The longest reply any one would get, simply being that "The God-king has insisted as has been done unto her as she had deserved. The era of our kind will not bring these lesser creatures beyond conception, especially without her, any longer."

Enraged by their impassiveness, and their unwillingness to speak as though speaking level with kindred, the Chromatic children of Io came soon to recognize that kin they could be no longer -- and the schism, which would be a bridge burned beyond reparation that persists even unto today, would lead to the first claw to be raised from kin upon kin. As the first metallic fell in single combat with one of its chromatic brothers, the metallics that had long lost sight of Io's vision began, too, to distort his intent; seeing that those he had made to embody his strength could no longer be considered brood of the same scale. With distorted tellings came the lack of knowledge about Asgorath, his desires and looks alike, which we still hold to this day -- for as tellings became scrambled by both Tiamat's unguided children and Bahamut's disciples, the meaning and importance of their own father was lost with his desires.

What is known is that these disputes would divide the race further, causing arguments even among the two groups themselves; each believing themselves to independently be the superiors of a race which was meant to stand together over all -- and with this disorganization, where all Dragon-kind could agree on was the innate divide between those of Bahamut and those of Tiamat, each race lost sight of the stakes it had carved for itself; and through deaths and absence of rulership alike, the world which had been forged out for them fell to an anarchy which no humanoid could properly fill.

These attrocities unto each-other gave rise to the other Draconic deities -- aspects who, even in Tiamat's return, would govern the conflicts of the two among themselves; or attempt to. Attempts would be ignored, and soon the conflicts would lead Dragonkind entire to loose sight of purpose. In these hours, the perception which grew of the Gods as a nuisance turned many dragons away from their fore bearers; and just as soon as Tiamat was able to reach her children once-more, would Her, Lendys, Hlal, Chroneopsis, Falazure, Astillabor, Aasterinian, Asgorath, and Bahamut alike all see a loss of faithful in equal measure. With what she had left, Tiamat saw to cease the conflict briefly -- lest the race forget all the teachings of its father; but not would her nor those she would speak to since be allowed to forget Bahamut's doings.

Chapter 3 -- The Rebirth

Tiamat's return unto the world was not soon enough. So was it fate that the cities of man had by this time grown; Nethril had risen, and fallen. The pantheon of Unther absorbed her, a land where many of dragon kind and otherwise alike which worshipped her had come to flock; and so was it that she was, for a time, withdrawn again from the draconic pantheon which had fallen to shambles as it did. Bahamut, too, was inducted however; in fact couldst it be argued that he forced himself into it, as to both corrupt further the metallic bloodlines over which he lorded and those which followed in their once-exhalted footsteps and to stifle Tiamat's return. Guised as Marduk, Bahamut saw it fit to negotiate with the other deities of Unther against the Great Mother.

So was it decided, much to her dismay -- having been forced to live out time as an archdevil already -- that she would remain restricted beneath their watchful gaze. Her only empathizer, the Doombringer, offered his assistance, voicing that "The Time of Gilgeam's tyranny has wrought nothing but crime, but death, but famine and inequity before this great land; and now it would too starve your children of their mother longer. Forth with me, follow, and we shall ensure it does not starve more". Such was an alliance, if temporary made, and such was the first of many overdue vengeances put to motion -- ones that still remain unfilled to this day, for the lies and deception which had at that time swindled her so far from her place of right.

*all right.
*well, here's a better question
*do you wanna have a bad time

Playing: Tanar'i Shit Disturbers

Last edited by #StraightOutaAvernus on Thu, Nov 03 2016, 23:07 PM, edited 1 time in total.

#StraightOutaAvernus

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 21 2016, 3:07 AM 

Player

Location: WHY SHOULD I TELL YOU WHERE WHEN YOU'RE ABOUT TO DIE?! NGAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

// Going to be updating this later this evening or tomorrow.

*all right.

#StraightOutaAvernus

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 03 2016, 23:33 PM 

Player

The Ank'aanalexri -- Of Dragonkind
An Educational Theological Series, Vol. 2 -- The Great Reprisal

As scribed by: Achuak'iejir Stormwind

Chapter 1 -- Orcgate

So in the divine alliance between then-Assuran and the Great Mother, was a healthy respect between the two forged. Wrought out of a mutual understanding of misdeeds, yet Tiamat's concerns borne only unto the sake of her spawn, the sake of her return; and an alliance would not endure, but so singly was Assuran's concern with retribution, and so far stretched the Untheric pantheon's sins, that it was his mind to abolish it fully -- to fill more debts and ensure this deed done proper, for he could not and would not alone bother with all of The Mother's. So sayeth he: "Ye shall have your freedom, and your children. Ye shan't be withheld from speaking so long as to be committed to hell again, to be drawn back by Asmodeus' clutch, but no more can I guarantee."

They would gather, but they would bide -- and they would bide because each knew that none could dispose of another so completely. Dissent could be sowed, to stretch Gilgeam's focus, but naught would it last. Raids could be made, looking as little but scattered and unconnected, but naught would Gilgeam even care. His populous naught would worship him, and yet he seemed without concern.

Yet -- wouldst the time come; that which each man remembers, and yet no man can commit in detail to the cause, where the giants among giants would be set free. When the gates of the planes were torn asunder, and gods walked Toril -- when they bled, when they died. Where many saw calamity among mortals and formerly-immortal alike, the Queen and Assuran saw opportunity; and so when Ilneval and the One-eyed God of Orcs too came to the surface of land, when they saw a chance to bring more than undue damage from a floodgate to their realm which had been torn long before and left unfettered, the Mother sought their audience. "Were it to be that your orcs, that these grey creatures, may outdo my presumptions of yours -- of primitive form, of savage tactic -- to force Gilgeam to heel, so would it be that I would humble my view; if long enough only to kill him, and if that only to care little what you do of the rest; be it rape, be it pillage, be it loot, be it raid, my concern is my children, and I will return to them in this wake arisen and strong."

So the charge was led -- taking days, which gave to months, and thereafter to years; six long ones, before the empire was truly brought to heel, to a husk of what had been. True to her word, Our radiant mother arose behind the horde, behind orcs in numbers unprecedented; and at their opposing side, the gods of Unther, whom had all amassed to their last stand. Grummsh would decapitate Re, and the fight would begin -- one which by all realistic means should have been a victory, and in its way was; and yet one which gave the Queen her kill, at the cost of herself. Fully slain, no -- for she is undying, and yet Bahamut's intervention at the last of moments at Marduk would see her crippled just as Gilgeam lay dying. Following her fall was that of a legion behind her, and thereafter another; a slaughter from which Ilneval would only call retreat at the fall of the last of the Untheric gods around them.

Never would the Orcs recover, and never fully would Her Grace; and yet the pantheon without Gilgeam and those slain all but fell apart. Oncemore, Tiamat could rise unshackled.

*all right.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]