View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
bookofvirtue

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 16 2020, 12:31 PM 

Player

To: Rosary Doodlekins mayor of Bendir dale.

Inquiry on the status of Bedir dale

Greetings Mme Doodlekins,

Let me first introduce to you the consortium Goldenwings of Cormyr. Having been Founded the 7th of Kythorn in The Time of Flowers of the year 1187, The consortium started a tradition of both gold dragon disciples and of community improvement in Cormyr. In effect, we vowed our existences to work with communities with improving the health and longetivity of Cormyr citizens by triving to improve different sector of their lives. From assisting with the sowing of crops, to the maintenance of a dry roof and housings in remote villages and to help provide healthcare, education and physical protection in time of needs.

As you must well know, all of this require a lot of gold and manpower. This is why the consortium is funding his activities trough trade and good relations across the realms. We have recently sent an envoy to investigate the situation on the island of Amia and its surroundings regarding rumors of troubles. We were really saddened to learn the destruction of precious jewels of historical importance like Cordor and Kohlinghen and its citizens.

The consortium is thinking about establishing community ressources strategies on the island but several things have been brought to our attention that could potentialy endanger any potential investments of our ressources in your area.
Of course, the potential threats of alwais roaming armies of beastmens, orcs and goblins is bad enough, the rising threat of piracy and highwaymens is increasing too in the area. While we do not doubt the Bendir dale militia provides protection for its citizens inside the walls, its whats going on outside that concerns the most. It is well known now that a lot of adventurers and many people of all sort of backgrounds occupy the area called the crossroads right outside your gates. Pirates hanging out with goodly folks claiming to be friends is a common sight.

In our book, the pirates organisations steals, murder, rape and destroys anything they can, effectly creating zones of dangers and incertanty for the citizens. Any citizens found to have amongs friends, familly and link of employements of any kinds with pirate, is in fact facilitating the social and economic endeavours of the said pirates and highwaymens in the legitimate economy. Letting them walk around free is a crime in itself if you consider the type of activities they take part in. Closing your eyes for a friend is an action in itself.

Hence if your town does not adress the trouble of the criminal organisation that hangs out outside your walls, the consortium will have to supress his plan of action in the area.While we gladly fight viles and cruels of the world, we do not have jurisdiction nor the ressources to police your borders. We want to invest ressources and people in actual community improvements, not armed forces as much as possible.

We will continue to monitor the situation. If you do not wish for us to take part in such actions, feel free to speak with Daekian Goldenwings who is curently our contact on the island. He can easily be reached at the wave and serpents.

With great regard,

The Goldenwings consortium.

//OOc
I know most of the players are close friends for many years and that really nice. The problem lies into the fact that evil characters have eluded justice by making friends with powerfull persons across the island. While it can be a fun thing to feel invincible and have social power beyond normal mesure, it create a lack of dicernment. Ive played so hard to make Daekian a good guy and provided that you think he is an asshole, youre just being abused by some people who have double agendas and that dont like him for having a name like Goldenwings, being a gold, etc etc.

I like to say that the persons who really take interest in Daekian and his family already know about him. This letter is a part of it. There are background reasons for him to be like the way he is, and its those reasons that makes Daekian so special in my eyes. He is one of my most researched character to date, and people just want to dismiss him so easily it breaks my heart.

Jes

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 16 2020, 12:45 PM 

DM

// Just noting that the IC concern and letter are fine, but this is not the place for OOC discussion of this sort. If you have a problem OOC, feel free to reach out to the DM Team. Maybe we can help with misunderstandings. TheRogue oversees the Dale, but you can also reach out to any of us!

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 16 2020, 13:06 PM 

Player

// I know this isn't a place for OOC Discussion, but uh.. I am the Captain of those "Evil Pirates escaping jurisdiction IC through OOC friendships".

Just... play a bit more and try to find out IC /why/ Peggy and her Crew are not being hanged on the spot. You might be surprised.

bookofvirtue

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 16 2020, 13:24 PM 

Player

freaxxshow1338 wrote:
// I know this isn't a place for OOC Discussion, but uh.. I am the Captain of those "Evil Pirates escaping jurisdiction IC through OOC friendships".

Just... play a bit more and try to find out IC /why/ Peggy and her Crew are not being hanged on the spot. You might be surprised.

Its ic stuff here i'm talking about. Many ppl openly admits friendship with pirates that Daekian saw do nasty things.
And in his book, even if you help the village once or twice for an emergency evacuation for example, it doest erase the fact that you mitilated a bunch of kids. (totaly just figuratively making a point).

Jes

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 16 2020, 13:29 PM 

DM

Jes wrote:
// Just noting that the IC concern and letter are fine, but this is not the place for OOC discussion of this sort. If you have a problem OOC, feel free to reach out to the DM Team. Maybe we can help with misunderstandings. TheRogue oversees the Dale, but you can also reach out to any of us!

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]