View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Counter Phobia

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 26 2012, 19:50 PM 

Player

A young red-haired Hin would recently garner some attention in the dale, occasionally following Laurel on her heels and just sitting, munching sweets on the benches near Jayek conversing with whomever may enter the Dale, taking some small interest in a few less-intimidating tieflings, avariels, and dragon disciples who hang about, having rarely seen anything like them

Kudark

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 30 2012, 10:42 AM 

Player

One day, some may, or may not, have seen Crow leave his residence, and head north towards Oakmist Vale, much as he usually does.
Though, some may, or may not, have noticed he has not returned, or in fact, seen by anyone.
Aly'dra would mutter something about training, but not offer any other information of his whereabouts, or when he might return.
Though, it is whispered, that glimpses of him have been seen, or thought to have been seen. Perhaps, even a rumor of aid given, to a traveler in need, by someone who seemed somewhat familiar.

dayfer

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 01 2012, 21:06 PM 

Player

A farewell, a magic bag, and a tear. That was all Pilineth carried with her as she left the dale that day. Leaving her home, and her captaincy behind.

Artum

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 02 2012, 2:44 AM 

Player

Those in the Dale this day can see Artum coming through the Dale gates, his normal smiling self quite the opposite. His face is dark and he appears greatly troubled.

He will speak to no one more then to ask where Mayor Beestinger or Deputy Mayor Missus can be located and ask that one of the two contact him on a matter of great urgency.

Several letters bearing the Guldorand Logging Company letterhead could be seen in his normally neat bag but they appear to have been hurriedly placed within though, they are not crumbled.

BigBadWolf

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 02 2012, 20:05 PM 

Player

A red haired elf can be seen painting the landscape of the dale from heights. He would greet by-passers with a warm smile and a polite nod.

Counter Phobia

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 03 2012, 20:32 PM 

Player

A certain young hin may not be seen around the dale over the course of the next few days, leaving no reasons for her absence.

//Whelp people like callling off and my boss likes screwing me when it comes to scheduling, so working stupid hours the next week or two.. We'll see if I have enough time to play after valentines

--Maestro--

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 09 2012, 1:04 AM 

Player

* A handsome, muscular and shirtless Hin can be seen in town more often.. He is either sitting by one of the benches writing/drawing on one of the pages of his notebook or tending to the plants and flowers around the town. Also a scent of fresh applepie, bread or carrotpie can be smelled around the oven in the mornings, indicating that someone is using the oven more frequently then usual*

//OOC:

Hola! :P

I have been away from NWN for a long time now due to some RL happenings that has taken most of my time.
I am back now and I am looking forward to do some RP again, and seeing old and new faces around the Dale!

See you all Ingame! :D

Active as:
------------------------------------
Alvarim Riverflow / Arcane Archer
Osron Ghostfoot / Stealthy Hin
Dedo Goodheart / Spellaxe Hin

RuffTuff

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 12 2012, 3:59 AM 

Player

//Heya folks, I'm on vacation in Tennessee/Kentucky until Wednesday, and then possibly going camping over the weekend afterwards, so there's a good chance I won't be back around until Monday. So, see ya when I see ya!

kicker930

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 24 2012, 0:34 AM 

Player

// Just taking a little break from nwn, I dunno when I will be back, probably when I can tolerate being on for more then 10 minutes.

Counter Phobia

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 29 2012, 14:41 PM 

Player

Rosie would be seen returning to her home in the dale, after being on hiatus since the fight for the Shrine. She would remain indoors for the time being for no specified reason but may be seen over the course of the next few days/weeks.

Herr Delta Houdini

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 30 2012, 18:10 PM 

Player

Left in the Donations would be a bag of gold, whoever collects the funds -if- they are collected, upon opening would notice that one bag was filled with gold but also had some wooden looking coins inside, a harmless joke no doubt.

If they were to inquire on who left the bag, Jayek would give Aston, Aka Ace's name if he remembered it from conversations he has had in the Dale in front of him, if not he'd possibly describe the Hin as wearing dark grey, almost black clothing, with red shirt, standing about three feet small, with a black hat and a red feather.

Tomato Sword

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 30 2012, 18:23 PM 

Player

Anubis wrote:
Left in the Donations would be a bag of gold, whoever collects the funds -if- they are collected, upon opening would notice that one bag was filled with gold but also had some wooden looking coins inside, a harmless joke no doubt.

If they were to inquire on who left the bag, Jayek would give Aston, Aka Ace's name if he remembered it from conversations he has had in the Dale in front of him, if not he'd possibly describe the Hin as wearing dark grey, almost black clothing, with red shirt, standing about three feet small, with a black hat and a red feather.

The gold and wooden coins are separated rather easily by weight. The actual donation of gold is taken graciously, while the wooden coins are donated to Bendir School to teach young children basic arithmetic through play.

Tomato Sword

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 01 2012, 2:11 AM 

Player

((Something happened to me IRL and I just can't handle the stress of Bendir and what I'm going through at the same time. I just can't. I'm sorry.

I won't hold it against anyone to replace Laurel while I get my life together. It's been wonderful getting meet and RP with so many of you and thank you so much for letting me lead your faction even if it was for a few months.

Best, Tomato))

maglorine

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 01 2012, 2:17 AM 

Player

Sorry to hear that Tomato.

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 01 2012, 2:27 AM 

Player

//Me too :( I hope whatever is going on RL side gets better for you soon!

Counter Phobia

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 01 2012, 2:36 AM 

Player

//I'm sorry to hear that D: just when I was planning to drum up Rosie RP! Hope everything works out!

Looks like BrownBlur gets to put up with my 5 pms about Bendir now! >:D

Bobo_Underhill

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 01 2012, 2:41 AM 

Player

// take care, Laurel.

Marigold Cobcruncher: Perceptive Priestess

Brown Blur

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 01 2012, 3:03 AM 

Player

Counter Phobia wrote:
!

Looks like BrownBlur gets to put up with my 5 pms about Bendir now! >:D

Sorry, but to my mind, Laurel and Sally came as a combo.... Sally is no good without having some senior authority to defer to......

Tomato Sword

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 01 2012, 3:06 AM 

Player

((Thanks everyone. While I don't know if IC explanations is expected of me at a time where I must take a leave from my position for personal reasons, I do feel that as long as players of the Dale community grow, roleplay, and continue to prosper as the wonderful RP community that it is, I can't help but to feel it is unfair to everyone to simply go "MIA" for my own selfishness.

Please include Laurel in the number of losses in the Dale today that was affected by Tar'zhen. She exhausted herself in battle with the battle of the Chosen. This way the community has means to move forward and not remain in some strange IC limbo for completely OOC reasons. Even though I personally am not strong enough as a player to continue, Laurel is not the person to abandon or disappear on people especially at the greatest time of need. Thus, this is the only logical explanation given that I can work out that do not ask unreasonable limitations on the entire community as a whole.

I don't plan on quitting Amia. I love many of you very much and I look forward to RPing with you in the future. But this is the end for Laurel Beestinger, as well as my time as the faction leader for Bendir Dale.))

Bobo_Underhill

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 01 2012, 3:13 AM 

Player

// Are you sure? There's a deputy mayor in the line of succession who can act as acting mayor, so there wouldn't really be a limbo. She could be injured/out of commission or something.

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 01 2012, 3:33 AM 

Player

//Yup. I would think it over some more. Laurel is well loved, Tomato. If you need a break it is understandable and why IC wise you've got back up. :)

Tomato Sword

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 01 2012, 3:49 AM 

Player

((Alright. If the staff is willing to give me a time to reflect on this OOCly before I make any IC decisions, I will take time to think more about it. Thank you.))

Gunz

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 01 2012, 4:04 AM 

Player

// Yup. Missus would be in charge until Laurel comes around.

kicker930

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 01 2012, 13:25 PM 

Player

// Will be coming back tomorrow.

Also, Hope you get through your troubles soon, Tomato!

Charles1810

PostPosted: Wed, Apr 04 2012, 21:42 PM 

Player

(IC) A new darkly skinned hin can be seen wondering about the Dale. Often either along the walls inner and outer, at the graveyard, or working out by the hins in the milita. He seems to rarely speak, but when he does its in a low tone voice remaining very polite and calm. Taking an interest in mostly keeping to himself and any task he is doing.

((Please take note if you PM me and you are ignored resend to me in 1-3days, it is likely due to not realizing I got mail))

Tomato Sword

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 13 2012, 6:12 AM 

Player

((After thinking about it for a couple weeks, I've decided to stick with my original position. Thank you everyone! I have really enjoyed the time with all of you as Laurel.))

maglorine

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 16 2012, 1:00 AM 

Player

//Sorry to hear that Tomato. You will be well missed. Anyway, I'm nearly back from vacation, just logged in from a hotel computer stateside and will be back home all regular-like as of tomorrow so the acting Mayor can get off her plump bottomside and deal with the overflowing inbox. See you all soon.

Manarethan

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 16 2012, 8:33 AM 

Player

(IC):

On a quiet afternoon in Bendir, a certain dragonkin and lycanthropic duo can be seen talking, before picking up a few bags of luggage and exiting the town. Saying their goodbyes as they go, the pair make their way to the carts, bickering good-naturedly as they leave for Cordor, and to their awaiting ship. Given their slightly wistful looks as Bendir fades into the distance, the pair don't seem to be returning for quite some time, if ever. The only thing left behind is a sparkle of light from the blade of the old windmill. A small topaz, wedged securely into the blade, catching the light of the sun and glinting brightly as it turns...

Bobo_Underhill

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 16 2012, 8:36 AM 

Player

(IC)

Cordor's Nomad has a rambunctious pair of hin enter the Nomad and share a bottle of mead over memories. One of them his quite vulgar, though doesn't sound to be angry. The female, evidently his wife, enjoys teasing him. Within the hour, the pair may be spotted in West Cordor, sharing a dramatic kiss as the sail off into the distance!

Waterdeep Awaits!

CTX

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 16 2012, 14:52 PM 

Player

Cierin wrote:
(IC):

On a quiet afternoon in Bendir, a certain dragonkin and lycanthropic duo can be seen talking, before picking up a few bags of luggage and exiting the town. Saying their goodbyes as they go....

Bobo_Underhill wrote:
(IC)

Cordor's Nomad has a rambunctious pair of hin enter the Nomad and share a bottle of mead over memories....sharing a dramatic kiss as they sail off into the distance!

Waterdeep Awaits!

In the center square of the Halfling settlement, a tiny light blond-headed Halfling stood motionless for a few minutes as she registered the news of the two's departure.

Did it come as a shock to her? No, not really. That is, if the man who was part of the two wasn't so well-known and held to higher standards.

She broke her train of thought and deep disappointment with a blink and long, heavy sigh as she glanced around the small town. The only comment or remark heard from her was a soft and sincere apology, which she seemed to direct towards the sky.

Directed towards a certain individual she knew would forever be watching.

Serena Voi: An adorable little Halfling.
Brizthara D'ulov: A spoiled, loud-mouthed priestess.

Bobo_Underhill

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 16 2012, 17:16 PM 

Player

Certain friends of the couple may discover farewell packages left for them, with promises to return soon.

kicker930

PostPosted: Sat, May 26 2012, 14:43 PM 

Player

// I should have posted this the other day but oh well, I've taken a little time off to do....some other things and should be back by next week.

RuffTuff

PostPosted: Fri, Jun 01 2012, 23:02 PM 

Player

//Ladies and gentlemen, I'm done. The quality of RP around Bendir (and the server in general) has been on a steady decline for some time now, but over the last couple of days I feel like it's reached a point where I can't even roleplay my characters correctly anymore. I've just stopped enjoying it. Logging in is a chore. The only notable RP that has occurred in the last couple of days was an incident with a brain-damaged, gibberish-spouting, hostile gnome who called people "fuck tard," and an epic-level 15-year-old child. So you know what? I'm done. That's it. I just can't take the bullshit anymore. I'm not quitting permanently, but it'll be a while before I'm back.

As for my characters:

After attempting to convince Serena to join him, Kirby leaves for an extended vacation to the mainland, boarding a ship from Cordor to Athkatla.

Suzy and Peter stay out of sight for the most part, taking care of their respective offspring and keeping them away from the dangerous idiots inhabiting the square.

Connor spends all of his time away from Bendir for reasons of his own.

Any others haven't been played enough to be noteworthy, so it doesn't matter what they're doing.

See ya when I see ya, folks. Have fun in magical bullshit land.

Aconite Alchemist

PostPosted: Tue, Jul 24 2012, 15:48 PM 

Player

A shovel is held high and it seems that Grimwarden Burrows may be back around Bendir Dale. He sees to taking care of the graveyard, mostly, and quietly strolling through the town.

Dashiell Litwick, scholar shifter.

Silent2001's number 1 fan.

Souris

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 19 2012, 6:39 AM 

Player

A certain red-clad hin lass has been seen haunting the Dale once again.

Active Characters:
Souris, Former Bendir Dale Councillor, now alleged assassin and general hobo
Haren Mariq, Witch of the Southwestern Wind, and High Poultrymancer
Elaneth Merwick, Elfling Arcane Archer

--Maestro--

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 24 2012, 21:25 PM 

Player

"Dedo the Wayward Warden that has been staying at the Inn for some months now, can be seen walking around the roads near Bendir Dale, patroling and securing Halfling territory for any suspicious activity. When not patroling, he would be praying to Yondalla and Arvoreen by their idols. He would also sit on a bench outside the Town Hall, eating some food or writing in his notebook and stroking his groomed mustache when thinking to hard. Even if he would be very focused on writing or praying, he would most times smile and welcome anyone that would enter the town gates."

Active as:
------------------------------------
Alvarim Riverflow / Arcane Archer
Osron Ghostfoot / Stealthy Hin
Dedo Goodheart / Spellaxe Hin

emzor

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 27 2012, 4:23 AM 

Player

Libba is back.
Some of the rest of you need to harden up IMO.

Kudark

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 20 2013, 10:41 AM 

Player

Trinaur, a familiar dire wolf (at least familiar to the children that sneak him treats when Crow's not looking), and his companion Crow, are seen more often in and about the Dale.
Crow checks on the flowers that Aly'dra planted in front of their former house, keeping them tended.
The pair also give the militia an extra set of eyes, as they have for so long.

Amarynth

PostPosted: Fri, May 03 2013, 21:05 PM 

Player

On quiet nights, a broad man with white hair held back from his face in braids can be seen departing the caravan in Amia Forest and making his way on foot to the small halfling village. He is kind and jovial to most he speaks to, offering a story or two in the tavern as he tends to his mead. Occasionally another Northman accompanies him and the night, more often than not, ends with the two arguing with one another and going elsewhere to settle things like men.

Kudark

PostPosted: Sun, May 12 2013, 14:46 PM 

Player

*Crow is seen handing Cindle a sealed note for Mayor Missus, after perusing the laws of the Dale*

Gobbledygook

PostPosted: Tue, May 21 2013, 1:18 AM 

Player

Ciaran is a pretty new face around the Dale. His face isn't so pretty, but the relative amount of time that he's been in the Dale... those details probably aren't so important. The main thing is that he can often be seen within the Dale, standing upon one of the pillars which support the bridge that connects the northern and southern areas of the Dale. Ciaran typically stands on one leg, practicing and perfecting his sense of balance. He very rarely wobbles, and when a wind blows in from the bay, his leg crouches slightly. It seems to be a common ritual of his. He spends at least an hour each morning upon the pillars, half of the time spent on one leg, and the other half on the other. Despite being quite focused on his sense of balance and dedication to standing on those pillars; Ciaran doesn't seem to mind giving a bright smile and wave toward any other hin who pass him whilst he's up there.

treant13

PostPosted: Tue, May 21 2013, 21:07 PM 

Player

Lyle is a newish around the Dale and would appear to slowly be fitting in. He started out somewhat bewildered and very unhinlike, but has since begun to acclimate to the general attitude of his fellow hins. He is often found buying various supplies and then creating contraptions that seem much too complicated to the average person, but would be easily recognized by anyone familiar with homemade traps. His backpack is almost full to the brim with wire and strange vials when he leaves the Dale, but is always empty when he returns. Often after these excursions he can be seen smiling to himself as he walks back to the merchant to start the cycle over again.

RuffTuff

PostPosted: Thu, May 23 2013, 5:15 AM 

Player

//I'm gone until further notice. My sanity can't repel bullshit of this magnitude. Assume whatever you want of my characters. Peace out.

Breazy Goldenleaf

PostPosted: Thu, May 23 2013, 9:54 AM 

Player

*a small wheat colored hair hin carrying a staff with glowing green eyes is suddenly seen in the Dale again. She strolls through leisurely stopping to greet each guard offering each a warm smile of encouragement and cool ale speaking softly to them in hin*

CounterPhobia

PostPosted: Wed, May 29 2013, 1:27 AM 

Player

Rosie Adenney would finally return to the dale again, after rehabilitating with the Salandran's for around a year. She'd often be in the company of a fellow Hin or a fresh-face druid, attempting to re-hone her abilities.

//After the attack on the shrine I left NWN because of the RL bug, then my laptop with NWN died (Vista OS too stronk) so I just reinstalled it, she had been granted a self-rebuild before my hiatus and I'm now playing her again. It's been over a year so aside from a few people, not quite sure who I'll remember :) See you all IG

RuffTuff

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 04 2013, 4:58 AM 

Player

//[Redacted, Resolved]

Kudark

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 07 2013, 8:00 AM 

Player

Another vacant home has new occupants now.
The taller Crow, seems to have returned to residency in Bendir Dale, he is accompanied by a lovely young air genasi, named Virkelith, who has been seen about Bendir lands recently.
The first couple days, hammering noises can be heard, as Crow nails, and secures things to the floor, and walls, almost like he's bracing for some kind of impact, but inside...?
The two are nearly inseparable, and would appear to be quite comfortable and relaxed with one another.
On some occasions, the couple would have with them, two young toddlers. One, A human girl, around 3, with jet black hair, and crystal blue eyes. The other, a half-drow girl, around 2, who they would keep out of any bright light. Older residents would recognize the little girls, from Crow's previous residency.

maglorine

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 08 2013, 16:32 PM 

Player

*a smiling Missus is seen trundling her pack and belongings back into the Townhall. Evidently the time of her self imposed banning has now expired. She gets settled and starts shuffling through the backlog of paperwork on her desk. A small gift is presented to General Nof in gratitude for covering off on various duties in her absence.*

Madam_Jingles

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 17 2013, 0:49 AM 

Player

This letter is posted onto a bulletin board inside the Town Hall.

"Dear Mayor Missus and other Militia Members,
Due to the high amount of idiots, or those refusing to cooperate with either law or orders, and continuous attacks from either boars carrying monsters, Vala, or War Knights pretending to do so in honour, Kex, Bralor, et cetera, I have decided to take an extended leave from Bendir Dale and go home to my family in Neverwinter. I will be back, though I know not when. If you have need to get ahold of me, I leave my mailing address below and wish you all the Lady's Luck. Once I return, I will again take up my duties.

~ Luckii (S) Till"

*There is a mailing address and a Tymoran symbol seal on the bottom of the page.*

Because it only happens in Cordor Kohlingen Bendir.

BeautifulLie

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 17 2013, 5:22 AM 

Player

*A grey robed, gloved, helm-ed, booted gnomish looking man was seen in the main office writing a note as mining dust fell off his cloths.* Josiah Deepwarden, sometimes resident of the dale. Chased off a goblin later in the time after Miss Luckii had left. Goblin complained that racial banning needs to be clearly written upon the Dale Laws so the banned creatures no where they are welcome or not. *The writing is concise and blunt with thick letters. As if to imply he struggles to write the language properly.*

Beware the Fury of a Patient Man
-John Dryden, 1681

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next