View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ] 
No_Dice_13

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 05 2017, 0:24 AM 

Player

So I have read up on as much as I can in terms of lore and rp info on Tarkuul and I am still a bit lost but think I got the hang of it. What I would like to do is invite current Tarkuul PCs and those planning to make one to five me suggestions on what they would like to see rp wise or ideas of things that will help the future of Tarkuul. Just jeep in mind that they are ideas and suggestions and may not happen IG I am just looking to the playerbase to get ideas to start sparking Tarkuul back to life.

Ricket Ashgather - The Hin with Attitude

No_Dice_13

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 05 2017, 0:56 AM 

Player

One thing that will be happening is the positions PCs hold. You need to be an active player if you are going to take part in what happens in Tarkuul especially if you hold some form of leadership roll. Now if there is something going on IRL that is preventing you from logging on for a time just let me know and I can take over with some NPC until you are able to return. It is hard for other players to get involved if the ones they need to speak to aren't around. This isn't an invitation either to active players to just jump in to take inactive positions rp is still required pending the situation.

LibrisMortis_666

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 06 2017, 0:02 AM 

Player

1. Don't just "accept" plots from PCs, but make plots. Tarkuul has pretty much only been about independent character plots, who control who come. Make City Wide Plots.

2. Those active in Tarkuul should get attention, rather than the typical "Wait for Council response". Right now our whole Council ICly are NPCs, sense we don't have PCs.

3. Honestly, can we hear how you're going to "Interrupt" the Voice? Over my time on Tarkuul the Voice has been interrupted several different ways, which makes things very difficult.

4. Can you start doing plots that help PCs understand Lore, rather than having all "lore" locked away. Majority of the PCs that actually know Tarkuul Lore (Even just a bit) are old players. (Laura, Lucius, Gerald, Sicarius) and so on. HoJo is Headmaster of the Magisterium Mortis and knows less about Tarkuul's lore than he should.

- I love this topic, and thank you Dice.

Auri: Champion of Bahamut

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 06 2017, 2:19 AM 

Player

Though Laura doesn't express it, I'm always happy for another player to one-up Laura and take over the ToV if they prove themselves and have a better imagination! And there's a ton of projects she's working on which will need IC work, but i've already hit you up about one of them, so working through it slowly.

And Libris, I think you mean interpret. :D But I'm curious as well. I interacted more with The Voice in the brief time Lutra was DMing than I did in the whole year Laura was my main, back when Glim was running Tarkuul and it was consistent daily activity.

Discord: Bhaalorian#5715

LibrisMortis_666

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 06 2017, 3:23 AM 

Player

I meant Interpret, ya. Sorry, typed it on my phone. :D

Commie

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 06 2017, 5:36 AM 

Player

sent as a PM initially, but i figured I'd post it.

There are three big areas that keep me from the city.

1. It's kind of funky to get around, some of the areas look really bad (the area with the kracken bar just has buildings at odd angles sort of thrown together) and/or are bugged. I believe the priestess in the Jergal church complains that her scripts are broken in some bizarre debug text when you talk to her, and the port out of the city asks if you want to go to Underport, and then SOMETIMES TAKES YOU THERE. It has a lot of cleaning up that needs to be done.

2. Who actually is in charge and what does it want? The Voice might be one of the most difficult things to interact with as it's omnipotent or presented to be. It's hard to know what it expects or wants. Does it like Kohl? Does it like Cordor? Does it like people spreading disharmony? Does it like trade deals? Does it like the Lords Alliance? Given it's terrifying level of power it's very awkward to just ask what it wants or what it can do for you.

3. "For life" positions are held by PC's that are very inactive and can't be contested.

These are the reasons I set up out in the Delta Academy instead of Tarkuul on Kilmar.

Fixes;

1. Go through the area and fix some of the buggyness. I'd be happy to plumb the depths with you because I seem to run across more bugs then anyone else on amia.

2. Make a public statement of intent from the Voice that everyone can read and know what it's doing. If the 'Voice' is in charge it should speak with authority and if it has a plan or goal it's going to be way way easier to actually go with it to get people on board. It's been publicly quiet for so long, it needs a goal or agenda. If it's actually evil and awards ambition it might want to work against the largest unchecked standing army on the island, or work to fuck up the food supply, or drop undead on things, or something other then floating there. Honestly, I assume the city itself has ambition, it's been idle for years, literal IRL years, it's time for it to do something or at least encourage something.

3. Re-evaluate 'for life' positions in the city and enforce some kind of ooc logon requirement. In Cordor people lost their elected positions when they stopped logging in or coming around, they defaulted back to NPC's, this happened in just a few months. The same should be done here.

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

LibrisMortis_666

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 06 2017, 6:16 AM 

Player

^^

Commie, for "Life" positions, the Voice can remove any individual if the Voice feels its useless to the City. Therefore, the DM just needs to identified the PCs OOCly aren't fit for the position and ICly the Voice can just remove.

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 06 2017, 6:24 AM 

Player

I thought Tormak already vacated the entire council except for Hojo? I could be wrong, but Libris is right. The Voice is the overall power in the city, but the day-to-day is handled by the council (Be they PC or NPC). The Voice itself doesn't have any likes or dislikes beyond what's does or doesn't benefit the city. And it's omnipresent, it knows everything that occurs in and around Tarkuul.

Discord: Bhaalorian#5715

Commie

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 06 2017, 6:50 AM 

Player

Richard_Edmund wrote:
I thought Tormak already vacated the entire council except for Hojo? I could be wrong, but Libris is right. The Voice is the overall power in the city, but the day-to-day is handled by the council (Be they PC or NPC). The Voice itself doesn't have any likes or dislikes beyond what's does or doesn't benefit the city. And it's omnipresent, it knows everything that occurs in and around Tarkuul.

was it vacated? is it really just hojo?

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

LibrisMortis_666

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 06 2017, 6:57 AM 

Player

I don't want to give IC information away- but there is a Council (not HoJo) and they're all NPCs.

Silkelock

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 06 2017, 8:06 AM 

Player

Can confirm my PC is not a councillor and hasn't been for a long while. So that position is available for driven PCs :)

I am out of touch of updates but did the garden area get added to the city after Uhm got a special visit?

Life should be prolonged only when it serves the greater cause of the death of the world.

Commie

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 06 2017, 8:52 AM 

Player

LibrisMortis_666 wrote:
I don't want to give IC information away- but there is a Council (not HoJo) and they're all NPCs.

Good to hear it. I had heard IC it was players that were no longer on Amia.

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 07 2017, 0:13 AM 

Player

Richard_Edmund wrote:

This is only partly true.

The Voice is mostly omni-present but does not direct its full attention unless something does so. It has a general "awareness" of what's happening in the City, but it has to actively exert effort to speak or possess undead. It is not 100% omnipotent. This is because the DM is also not omnipotent and omnipresent, so it was best to not attribute things to the Voice that couldn't actually be done.

Things that immediately catch the Voice's attention:
1: Invoking its name ("Voice!" "Living City!" "Tarkuul!"), or the names of any of the Council.
2: Violence in any fashion.
3: Palpable Good-Aligned Divine Auras (functionally this means Epic level Divine casters.) - it won't do anything, but it will keep a better eye on you.

These things are publically known to draw the Voice's attention.

I vacated the Council.

tormak note: I'm not a DM.

ucfgoose

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 09 2017, 22:49 PM 

Developer

Yeah, the garden area that used to be Uhm that Kuria begged to have stolen for her decided would better serve Tarkuul to grow food isn't there or if it is I can't find it.

Kuria - Lawful Misunderstood

Tyrone Stormont - Diplomat

No_Dice_13

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 11 2017, 15:54 PM 

Player

There is no more NPC council I play the Voice and the rest is PC driven which you will need to find out IC.

SamTheGiantSlayer

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 20 2017, 3:15 AM 

Player

Life has taken both Diceman and Libby from us for the time being; that being said, we should figure out who's still about so we can possibly salvage something from the situation. I know Lib said he didn't mind what happened to his Headmaster position, but honestly I think he's worked a long time and pretty hard to keep Tarkuul alive as a community and a presence on the server so I'm not inclined to abandon that chain of command unless it comes IC while he's around.

So who's here? Is there a DM that will be taking over the settlement? Or would they like to see more activity before they begin? Currently, there was something planned as an event with Dicey to progress a bigger arc of Tarkuul's plot so it would be great if someone could pick that up with us.

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!

Commie

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 20 2017, 4:42 AM 

Player

i would on kilmar, but i can't be heading up major faction shit on kilmar when pitt is my main.

i'm happy to come along should things happen but I can't be in any position of responsibility or actual decision making on him due to main/alt/faction rules.

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

lilmarcat

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 20 2017, 6:45 AM 

Player

Qeap just joined, but he only ever really has aspirations to be a Winion. The character isn't any sort of leadership material.

LibrisMortis_666

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 20 2017, 15:29 PM 

Player

Thank you, Sam, but not necessary.

We just need a DM.

SamTheGiantSlayer

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 20 2017, 20:04 PM 

Player

:o yay!

Strom

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 17 2017, 10:02 AM 

Player

Hell, screw it. I'll play Aarin again, not sure I'll join any of the official faction organisation this time around as I need to ensure I'm not going to run into any conflict of interests with other things I play. It fits the character anyway, as he's essentially more concerned with his own studies than politics.

Given I seem to be on a very different timezone to other Tarkuul players if you want to RP send me a PM so I can prepare for an early morning/late night and I'll happily play weekend evenings if I'm available.

Rook - Tiefling Witch

Grumdur Bari'Var - Dwarven Raider

Desimir Maric - Spellblade of Savras

Cassius Dain - Scribe of House Gulderhom

Timezone: UK (GMT+0)

SamTheGiantSlayer

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 17 2017, 10:28 AM 

Player

Yayyy Strom <3

bobofwestoregonusa

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 19 2017, 2:00 AM 

Player

Well I'm basically on whenever you see Gerald which is all sorts of erratic times since I'm an irresponsible bastard. Pester me in game.

Discord: Metal Viking Guy #5433

DC taxation is theft!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]