View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
ValkinMulgin

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 22 2011, 12:46 PM 

Player

*valkin sits in his "old" study, seeming that no-one else is around, he sits pondering his incursion with Irae'arra D'Tsab in the hall of the tower of the dammed, how her words showed wisdom an cunning. Yet her need to halt valkins ability to assist the living city new found academy, and be actively involved in the works he once begun is not only foolish, but a emotionally fueled vendetta. Valkins thoughts continue on as he thinks on the various changes and acts she has put in place. Pausing he considers her words, an his own and nods as he takes his jewel encrusted bone quill to parchment*

Voice of the city, i have served you loyal an yet i know i am not without fault, an i bow before your verdicts and decisions, an such is why i have not after my initial request or actions to reclaim my title done anything more than continue to contribute in lectures, private lessons and assistance with the city's repairs, and i will continue to do so regardless.

Having said this, i must point out that Irae'arra D'Tsab the new "headmistress" as she desire to be called has taken it upon herself to make dire changes to the Magistariums inner workings, many of such so far currently impede on the ability for many students to acquire knowledge, her exclusion of those who do not meet her requirements for implementation in the academy themselves impede on those who desire to learn ability to do so, thus breaching the first law.

Secondly, when speaking with Irae'arra D'Tsab and offering my services in the mastery of the deahtless arts free of stipulation or terms, she denied my right to lecture within the Magistarium, and denied my title i should have fallen to as Magistari. I was then in-fact advised that i am discharged from the Magistarim or Acadamy as she so desires to call it, an her words until such time as i am willing to follow the guidelines she stipulates. Though i offered my services without stipulation or terms she on the spot so removed my rank for no reason other than her apparent distaste for my one time racial slur towards her.

These actions have impeded my ability to gain knowledge through the magistariums facilities though it has not stooped such it has slowed it considerably. Secondly it has most defiantly will lessen the quality and detail of the knowledge taught to the students of the Magistarim in regards to the Deathless arts, therefore impeding the progress of power and knowledge of another being myself and other students of the city's included.

It should also be noted that her actions in further "dictating" the Magistarium do's and donts are also a hindrance to the second law, in that she is further dictating or "inventing" laws and round about ways to manipulate those who wish to freely study within the city's facilities. She has at every turn attempted to undermine the current captains position by "ordering" him, suggesting she will take over his responsibility and lowering his status in the city by basically bad mouthing him like a gossiping house wife, i feel her "blocking" of the captains ability to act in his position though not effective as yet is in-fact a breach of the second law as well though such judgments are left to you.

A final occurrence is her apparent need to imply that her "meetings" are considered mandatory, the simple concept of a mandatory meeting for anyone who so serves the city or its facility is in-fact impeding there second law rights, an all meetings or gatherings should be voluntary just as it was when i was High Magistari, i only asked and so suggested to my "staff" that such would be welcomed or appreciated, an not enforced them to contribute any more than they so desired. An past students and members of the magistarium have complained to my of her arrogance above my own and her need to dictate to them how they are to teach and learn.

I hope you will hear head my words Voice, for i know i may not deserve my position returned to me, i will remain hear as i have for so long, in service, for knowledge and power of the city and all those who reside within.

Regards

Valkin Mulgin.

*this letter is written in the solace of the library alone, and scribed in High Netheries, it is handed to a shadow mage*

"Please so ensure the voice hears my words within, i openly scribed the letter within his domain, but i would not be so egotistic to assume its gaze was upone me"

*After this first copy is handed to the shadow mage, valkin pens a few copies an ensures that his old comrades from the Magistarium and others who have mentioned there dislike for the current administration are aware of the actions he is taking to resolve the issue*

// This is only posted, so that the voice can reply, but also so that players, who desire to can post there "letters" or RP in relation to this, if they intend to send letters or RP certain complaint or restraint in regard to this rp.

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 23 2011, 14:11 PM 

Player

The Voice practically turns Tarkuul into a loudspeaker, ensuring that everyone on the island hears the following proclamation. As often occurs when the Voice makes a widespread proclamation, Tarkuul "Shuts Down", but only for a few minutes, while the talk happens.

"The Living Ciy has heard your... assertations, Valkin, and deigns them enough to answer them. For everyone.

Dire changes have been made to the Magestrium. The Living City would like to note for Valkin's sake that the Magestrium Mortis itself was not the original learning establishment of Tarkuul, or even the original learning establishment upon the Living City since its raise from the depths. Therefore in this, Valkin, you are just as guilty of 'dire changes' as any other who has taken over leadership of any institution anywhere. New leadership brings changes. It has not impeded anyone anymore than your changes may have. In truth, her changes have expanded the academy's focus and brought a greater, wider insight into teachings beyond your somewhat narrow focus. Her changes stand. The Living City finds this accusation petulant and so has chosen to ignore it.

You make a dire accusation when you state she has broken the First Law. the Living City has taken it upon itself to gather information regarding this, and it has come to the conclusion that excluding you from a full professor position (as you were offered a position, but your pride and ego forced you to decline it) has not affected you in any menaingful manner, and since you were indeed offered a position and chose to decline it... The Living City finds this accusation petulant and so has chosen to ignore it.

You declare that you were denied your 'rightful title' and all that accomapnies it upon your return. You were denied nothing. Your organization no longer stood. Your rules and decrees no longer stood. And as you should well know, you deserve nothing for simply returning. And that is exactly what was withheld from you. Nothing. The vestiges of an organization that passed with your own passing. Your right to lecture (which is not a right) was not denied, as you so succinctly stated previously that you have continued to contribute in lectures and discussions. You were discharged as was everyone else in the remains of your institution. With new leadership comes new changes. And so The Living City finds this accusation petulant and so has chosen to ignore it.

You assert that harm will come to students by the simple act of your exclusion. Your ego is noted. You assert that it has stopped your research, and yet you are able to use the facilities unhindered and without issue. Therefore the Living City disregards that portion of your assertation. Your underlying remark about the students holds some merit: Your teachings were worthwhile and your foucs, although narrow, is not currently represented within the Academy Professor's ranks. You are hereby bequeathed the position of "Professor of the Deathless Arts". Should you not fall in line in the Headmistress's needs and regulations, you may be dismissed as any other Professor. The Living City suggests the two teachers find a way past their current ongoing feuds and motivations to work together.

She is not inventing laws along with whatever minor declaration you make in your next statements. It is therefore disregarded. She may run her institution as she pleases and has done a decent job of it thus far.

Jason has had several warnings from The Living ity as well as many others regarding the state of his organization, The Living Guard, within The Living City. There is no issue with several suggestions from other members of the Living City regarding what he should do. He has unfortunately worn out his welcome. Jason Hoyt is discharged from his position as commander of the Living Guard effective immediately. Aly'isgar Vlos'maral is now the Captain of the Living Guard. May she perform better than her predecessor.

There is no issue with mandatory meetings, as there would have been no issue if you did them yourself, Valkin. In fact, the Living City finds it refreshing that the current leadership will find a way to ensure that, at least, intermittently, everyone stays up to date and contributing in a meaningful manner, or be otherwise replaced by a member of the faculty that will. Therefore the Voice finds this accusation, as ever, petulant and has chosen to ignore it.

The Living City heavily suggests that Irae'arra and Valkin find a way beyond this feud. It is a waste of time involved for everyone when here are far more pressing matters to be handled within the Living City. Let this be the final time that this must be handled."

And with no further pomp or circumstance (though one could argue a declaration like this had quite a bit of both, indeed!), Tarkuul quiets once more and begins to go 'back to work'.

Manarethan

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 23 2011, 14:28 PM 

Player

*Half-way through her patrol, Kaye stops to hear the proclamation of the Voice, growing more irritated as it continues*

"Ah good, I'm pleased to hear that my Captain is a person I've never heard of or seen. Thats a real improvement, that is. Almost makes being the sole active officer in the Protectorate worth it."

*With that said, she goes to her living quarters to write a letter*

P Three

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 23 2011, 14:28 PM 

DM

Whatever her opinion of the Voice's rulings, Irae seems content to go about her business exactly as she had before. Her only action is to drop off a note to the new Captain's door.

Captain Aly'isgar;
When you have a moment, I wish to speak regarding the Academy and Living Guard.
Best regards,
Irae'arra.

Yee-haw!

Aly'dra Zau'ana: Priestessish Of Eilistraee
Danika Nefzen: Druid of the Earthmother
Delia Am'Anodel: Paladin of Torm

ValkinMulgin

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 23 2011, 14:34 PM 

Player

*valkin halts his research at the echo of the city's voice, lowering his head is listens to each word, valkin would hang on every word, listening with a cool calm exterior, however within his thoughts spun out of control will this work, what will be the voices verdict how will this be resolved, an then he would stop as the final words are spoke an simply nod to himself*

"Professor of the Deathless Arts, this shall at least ensure i can continue my lectures, research an in contribution to the city's works with some measure of station worth regard and acceptance, it shall work nicely indeed."

*with that valkin would move off consider to himself the next course of action to take, an with that heads to the small office in the academy, were he sits quietly taking out his jewel encrusted bone quill and taking such to parchment scribing a letter in elegant scrawl*

Headmistress Irae'arra D'Tsab.

As i was awarded the Professor of the Deathless Arts by the voice, i shall assist in your academy with lectures as i see fit in relation to my mastered field. I shall seek thy council in matters of the city and academy beyond my lectures and research that is personal. I also offer my services to you, as they are to the city, to assist in the revitalization projects as they are and to be set forth by your verdict and that of the voice. I will adhere to the necessary protocol as set forth by the voice nan yourself so long as there is no breach of the laws of the city.

I offer my sincerer apologizes for my past actions towards you in the early days, i respect your title an position an shall do my best to continue to do so. I hope that i may be of assistance and that together, rather than apart we might strive to empower the city and the academy further. i also offer my recommendation that you rather find a way to work with the Captain also, for he is loyal and has laboured well in the cityds name, only guidance is necessary nothing more.

Regards

Prof Valkin Mulgin.

*after finishing his letter he would take this to the speakers office an place a copy on the desk, then retun to his stuides an other matters within the city*

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 23 2011, 14:53 PM 

Player

*As the echo subsides...*
"Heh. Interesting... Learn something new everyday!"
*A chuckle follows as a mental note is made. The small masked figure in purple, grey, and black then gets back to digging the sand off of the stairs outside of the castle.*

P Three

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 23 2011, 14:56 PM 

DM

The letter that returns is as bland and focused as any she sends, and she seems to have inherited her father's distracted scrawl.

Professor;
The past shall remain just that, past. We shall forge ahead, and for the best.

For now, focus on bringing in students. We as teachers are useless without those to teach.

Re: the former captain; he is free to seek out Aly'isgar for aptitude testing and proper appointment, and I encourage such, as for the City's well being we must all work together. He is beyond my reach to compel at present, but if his desire to serve is earnest, he would be well-rewarded to do so.

Sincerely,
Irae'arra D'Tsab

Yee-haw!

Aly'dra Zau'ana: Priestessish Of Eilistraee
Danika Nefzen: Druid of the Earthmother
Delia Am'Anodel: Paladin of Torm

Bella Rose

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 23 2011, 16:07 PM 

Player

Cecilia's head jerked upward to look at the walls, then up at the ceiling in the library when the first sentence of the announcement began.
She watched as the librarian and the other various undead had shut down, and everything around her grew still.

Without a moment of hesitation, the book in her hands was cast aside and pages fluttered from the breeze and lost their place.

She hurried for the stairs, sprinting, only pausing to open the door with one hand while the other now clutched two potions to replace spells, decidedly to save any amount of precious time.

The first was that of invisibility and then passing through the threshold to close the door behind her, the second was chugged: a potion of haste.

The words of the announcement were ignored, too many thoughts eagerly raced along with her and caused her concentration to be on other things.
She continued to run, her destination indiscernible due to invisibility.

Cecilia - Most evil 2011!

Bella Rose

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 23 2011, 17:58 PM 

Player

About a minute after the speech ended, Cecilia faded back into vision waving away the invisibility spell and scooping up the book again as if she had been there the entire time. She glanced quickly at her surroundings then down at the pages in front of her with a pleased little smirk.

Cecilia - Most evil 2011!

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 23 2011, 18:18 PM 

Player

A quiet individual, seen perhaps only once before in the walls of the Living City, quirks a brow as the announcement begins. The blue garbed figure stills, the book in his hands closing with a finger in it to mark his place, and his hooded head glances up slightly. Unaccustomed to such The Voice he listens, contemplating what is said. His eyes dart over to the woman as she leaps up suddenly and quickly departs, then shrugs and goes back to his book as the announcement continues. When it draws to a close and she returns, he stands, replacing the book and departing without a word.

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

Fierene Havenstar

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 23 2011, 19:34 PM 

Player

As Tarkuul shut down and The Voice began, Aly’isgar was suddenly on her feet in a ready for battle stance, her blade out of the scabbard held in a guard position. Her eyes widened to allow for better vision she made a sweep of the area looking for the source of the voice. All this was reflex, years of harsh battle training under a drow warlord, and only took seconds.

She was ready yet she was well trained and when she realized it was The Living City itself speaking she slid her blade home with a quiet hiss and went down upon one knee to listen.

Last edited by Fierene Havenstar on Sat, Sep 24 2011, 8:34 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Ta2D

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 24 2011, 0:14 AM 

Player

*Perched upon the edge of the cliffs Lilith startles at the booming sound of the Voice, once the proclamation is finished she stands; folding the old parchments along their creases and secures them in a hidden pocket.* It seems I have a choice to make now...damn.

Ðraco

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 24 2011, 1:38 AM 

Player

*Ðraco silently reading from a tome in the library stops as the voice echoes throughout the city. A small grin coming over his face upon hearing of Valkin being personally made a professor by the Voice. Simply going back to reading once the speech is done.*

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]