| AMIA ARCHIVE https://www.amiaworld.net/phpBB3/ |
|
| [OOC] City Symbol https://www.amiaworld.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=75638 |
Page 1 of 2 |
| Author: | Genar_Detkasa [ Thu, Feb 20 2014, 7:36 AM ] |
| Post subject: | [OOC] City Symbol |
I think it'll be nice to have a city symbol, it can double for the symbol for the Vanguard. So far my GENIUS ideas are: a) A spider with red lipstick and mascara ![]() b) A stalagmite with a web and.... Something in the middle? >.> ![]() Needless to say it'll be awesome to have a city symbol not designed on Paint. But for city symbols,perhaps it should have a symbol that would be unique to Nec'perya? And something showing its Lolthlism? eg: A huge stalagmite and a web. |
|
| Author: | RaveN [ Thu, Feb 20 2014, 15:30 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: [OOC] City Symbol |
LOL. Perhaps more than one spider on the web.. I'll see what I can do if I get bored. |
|
| Author: | Zanthair [ Thu, Feb 20 2014, 16:57 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: [OOC] City Symbol |
Isen would suggest the flag of the city be him sitting on the back of a spider hammer in hand charging into battle. |
|
| Author: | Very_Svensk [ Thu, Feb 20 2014, 17:03 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: [OOC] City Symbol |
How very helpful |
|
| Author: | Zanthair [ Thu, Feb 20 2014, 19:40 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: [OOC] City Symbol |
real talk Should be a boat/ barge/ whatever our navy will be made up of with a giant spider wrapping its legs around, not violently but as if embracing the vessel. |
|
| Author: | serbiris [ Thu, Feb 20 2014, 21:09 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: [OOC] City Symbol |
Ex-member weighing in and all, but the stalactite cuts a good figure so could well use that. Webs are always great, and Zanthair is right that some sort of naval imagery would fit well with the fact that it's an island. Not a whole boat because those look silly - I'd suggest sails if it was one of those kinds of boats (I don't think so), I believe Theurgemes run with wheels? Would work, but clashes with webs due to similar stylised shape. Spider + Theurgeme wheel like Zan suggests, could work. |
|
| Author: | Genar_Detkasa [ Sun, Feb 23 2014, 12:05 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: [OOC] City Symbol |
I like the idea of a more naval themed symbol since, yeah, essentially an island and we have an awesome boat. |
|
| Author: | Very_Svensk [ Sat, Apr 12 2014, 18:27 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: [OOC] City Symbol |
Did we expand upon this idea? |
|
| Author: | Genar_Detkasa [ Sun, Apr 13 2014, 0:03 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: [OOC] City Symbol |
We didn't, I would love to see a city symbol though so we can use it as a Vanguard symbol as well. |
|
| Author: | RaveN [ Sun, Apr 13 2014, 0:06 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: [OOC] City Symbol |
Hmm.......... |
|
| Author: | DireCorbie [ Sun, Apr 13 2014, 0:14 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: [OOC] City Symbol |
How about a web-shaped ship's wheel? ![]() Like that but with wheel handlebars and better colors/design. |
|
| Author: | Genar_Detkasa [ Sun, Apr 13 2014, 0:15 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: [OOC] City Symbol |
It sounds good. We just need an artist. |
|
| Author: | DireCorbie [ Wed, Apr 16 2014, 0:52 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: [OOC] City Symbol |
How's this? I requested the design from an anonymous someone, who graciously drew it for me. I asked them if they have any art accounts anywhere, but so far no response- I dunno who they are. Hopefully they respond. I hope it works for you guys, though! EDIT: Here's a side-shot they pitched. EDITEDIT: Okay, apparently the guy doesn't have a public place where they upload their art currently, but they're considering either DeviantART or tumblr. I'll link it here when I find it. |
|
| Author: | Anatida [ Wed, Apr 16 2014, 2:10 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: [OOC] City Symbol |
OH wow, I like it! |
|
| Author: | RaveN [ Wed, Apr 16 2014, 3:36 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: [OOC] City Symbol |
Awesome!!!! |
|
| Author: | Naivatkal [ Wed, Apr 16 2014, 5:57 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: [OOC] City Symbol |
:V |
|
| Author: | Travis [ Wed, Apr 16 2014, 10:05 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: [OOC] City Symbol |
That's cool. I still laugh when I see the paint spider at the top of this thread. |
|
| Author: | Zanthair [ Wed, Apr 16 2014, 12:12 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: [OOC] City Symbol |
I think its well done, if generic. Better than anything I could do though. |
|
| Author: | MazeOfThorns [ Wed, Apr 16 2014, 16:20 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: [OOC] City Symbol |
I like the nautical theme. Ostentatious in design with runes. Just needs bling. |
|
| Author: | Zanthair [ Wed, Apr 16 2014, 22:36 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: [OOC] City Symbol |
it didn't even click to me that it was a helm. I like it so much more Any idea what the runes mean? |
|
| Author: | DireCorbie [ Wed, Apr 16 2014, 22:48 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: [OOC] City Symbol |
Probably just flair, but feel free to make up a message if there's no script in the lore. |
|
| Author: | Zanthair [ Wed, Apr 16 2014, 23:12 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: [OOC] City Symbol |
i have no idea and can't read drow even if i wanted to. But if the town has a motto or something maybe it could be on the ring. |
|
| Author: | serbiris [ Thu, Apr 17 2014, 7:48 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: [OOC] City Symbol |
My only criticism is that the spider's positioning on the top-right offends my sense of symmetry. And of course, seeing as I live in Sydney, I know spiders, so you should totally listen to me. Otherwise though it's fantastic - great for badges, insignias and posters, and easy enough to create a simplified version for flags and rune stones. |
|
| Author: | Genar_Detkasa [ Thu, Apr 17 2014, 9:10 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: [OOC] City Symbol |
Looks good. Could we have it on a black background for official documentation and whatnot? |
|
| Author: | Travis [ Thu, Apr 17 2014, 9:51 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: [OOC] City Symbol |
You want a black wheel on a black background? |
|
| Author: | Drakos_Vek [ Thu, Apr 17 2014, 10:19 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: [OOC] City Symbol |
I think he means a transparent background, which would entail a entirely new picture to be drawn up, probably from a direct angle too if you want to use it on IC posts/publications. |
|
| Author: | Mercedes [ Thu, Apr 17 2014, 13:41 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: [OOC] City Symbol |
Drakos_Vek wrote: would entail a entirely new picture Naw. |
|
| Author: | DustSpray101 [ Thu, Apr 17 2014, 15:56 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: [OOC] City Symbol |
I love seeing you guys getting creative and such |
|
| Author: | DireCorbie [ Thu, Apr 17 2014, 16:47 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: [OOC] City Symbol |
serbiris wrote: My only criticism is that the spider's positioning on the top-right offends my sense of symmetry. And of course, seeing as I live in Sydney, I know spiders, so you should totally listen to me. Otherwise though it's fantastic - great for badges, insignias and posters, and easy enough to create a simplified version for flags and rune stones. How do we know you're not actually a spider?! Anyway, the picture can be put on a transparent background without having to make a new pic out of it. I think it would look best that way, too. I'll see if I can find somebody to do that. I know it's a pretty big pic, but feel free to resize it if you want to use it for IC posts. It's for Nec'Perya, after all! |
|
| Author: | RaveN [ Thu, Apr 17 2014, 17:03 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: [OOC] City Symbol |
I'm going to see if I can't color replace every other rune to purple and see how it looks then. Would be cool if there was two spiders too. One purple and a red one. But that's just me <.< |
|
| Author: | Pony [ Thu, Apr 17 2014, 17:56 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: [OOC] City Symbol |
![]() A quick background change. Might do one that is a bit higher quality in the future, as I whipped this up in 4 min. |
|
| Author: | DireCorbie [ Thu, Apr 17 2014, 17:59 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: [OOC] City Symbol |
Got the transparent version on hand? |
|
| Author: | Pony [ Thu, Apr 17 2014, 18:01 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: [OOC] City Symbol |
Sorry, no. I did not save anything but the finished one. |
|
| Author: | Mercedes [ Thu, Apr 17 2014, 19:12 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: [OOC] City Symbol |
![]() Quick and dirty, could use a bit of cleaning up. I enhanced the spider's visibility for giggles. ![]() Easily colored small silhouette for postings and whatnot. |
|
| Author: | Very_Svensk [ Thu, Apr 17 2014, 19:20 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: [OOC] City Symbol |
Caaaaaan we have one with red background too? Purple = ussen D'Vhid Red = Lolarox! Same symbol; a little flavour - so we can be unique but still look united |
|
| Author: | Zanthair [ Thu, Apr 17 2014, 19:30 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: [OOC] City Symbol |
make it white with some gold/ silver for isen. |
|
| Author: | DireCorbie [ Thu, Apr 17 2014, 19:31 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: [OOC] City Symbol |
Might be better if we changed the color of the runes rather than the background, so it blends more seamlessly with the forum colors. Mercedes says it's really easy for him to change the rune colors. Red runes for Lolarox, purple runes for Ussen'd'Vhid, blingy runes for special Isen |
|
| Author: | Mercedes [ Thu, Apr 17 2014, 19:41 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: [OOC] City Symbol |
Different color runes?
|
|
| Author: | RaveN [ Thu, Apr 17 2014, 19:43 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: [OOC] City Symbol |
I like.. now just make alternating ones and another spider.. that's the real challenge.. teamwork |
|
| Author: | Mercedes [ Thu, Apr 17 2014, 19:54 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: [OOC] City Symbol |
Alternating ones? What? Anyway, I thought it might come down to stuff people want to edit / add to posts etc. So I made some simple stamps in both colors for letters outward and what have you. If I am feeling energetic later I will make it look like wax. ![]() Edit: Corbie explained it to me. Tell me where you want spiders and what size. I can add ickle baby spiders too. |
|
| Author: | RaveN [ Thu, Apr 17 2014, 20:11 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: [OOC] City Symbol |
Oh.. I meant alternating rune colors. I don't know how it will look, but I think having separate emblems shows division and I wanted something that shows unity. After all, it's a city symbol, not just a house symbol. House symbols are already something else |
|
| Author: | Mercedes [ Thu, Apr 17 2014, 20:14 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: [OOC] City Symbol |
With how dark the symbol is, alternating red/purple makes it an eyesore. One color is relatively striking against the monotone, however, and if you can decide on a good neutral color that can be done in seconds. I can add more spiders; so many spiders. |
|
| Author: | DireCorbie [ Thu, Apr 17 2014, 20:15 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: [OOC] City Symbol |
I suggest a white or the original red for a neutral color. Both are in Lolth's symbol anyway. I agree that the runes shouldn't be any house color, tbh. However, personalized house stamps are looking pretty cool. |
|
| Author: | Anatida [ Thu, Apr 17 2014, 20:32 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: [OOC] City Symbol |
Well you guys have been busy while I was "arting"! Cleaned the edges but maybe mercedes can enhance the spider detail some? Black and transparent background. The last one doesn't have the bevel/emboss/contour effect just to see which looked better. Black Background Transparent Transparent no bevel |
|
| Author: | Zanthair [ Thu, Apr 17 2014, 20:39 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: [OOC] City Symbol |
This might be out of left field, but maybe a different spider for each major faction in nec? Like, we have the web for the entire city, but maybe the vanguard has a spider in the bottom left of the web, ussen has top left, lolarox has top right or something like that. |
|
| Author: | Mercedes [ Thu, Apr 17 2014, 21:01 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: [OOC] City Symbol |
Out further from lefter field: Skeleton playing a guitar shaped like a great axe, made out of bones. |
|
| Author: | Very_Svensk [ Thu, Apr 17 2014, 21:41 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: [OOC] City Symbol |
This looks good as it is: asking for a picture with a red background was silly of me. The first symbol with a black background (detailed one) is perfect. As mimiron said; we want to show unity. We should not add more spiders and stuff: what if one house disappears or a third comes up? Messy. |
|
| Author: | RaveN [ Thu, Apr 17 2014, 22:05 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: [OOC] City Symbol |
Well, red and purple are Lloth's ceremonial colors, so I guess it's really not a big deal if one of them leaves as far as the symbol goes. In order to show unity, my idea is that purple and red need to be in the same picture Also, I don't think the vanguard/temple really belong in the city symbol, since houses traditionally run drow cities/society under guidance of the temple. Being a part of a drow house.. is kind of a way big deal. Currently, when I look at the mono-colored wheel I think of a house not just a city. That's not to say I don't like it-- because I clearly do. |
|
| Author: | Very_Svensk [ Thu, Apr 17 2014, 22:21 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: [OOC] City Symbol |
Red spider. Purple runes. And no big text in front of it. |
|
| Author: | Mercedes [ Thu, Apr 17 2014, 22:59 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: [OOC] City Symbol |
|
|
| Page 1 of 2 | All times are UTC |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|