View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
OursIsTheFury

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 07 2013, 0:11 AM 

Player

Hello allllllll!

For those of you who don't know me, I'm a brand new player to Amia. I play Tyri'kiira d'Vilrath!
It's been a pleasure meeting many of you thus far, and for those I've not met yet, we will meet soon enough! :twisted:

I wanted to make a post regarding the Drow settlements in Amia. I've been having a read over the Amia timeline and how the Drow have puttered about for a while moving from settlement to settlement after plague/attack/other.

From what I can fathom... The Drow started in Udos Dro'xun many many moons ago... And were pretty well wiped off the face of the Underdark by a whole bunch of nasties. The survivors then fled and formed Ultrinnan (which later was destroyed by plague and now resides underwater).

I was curious! Why try to colonise Nec'perya, since it's already been colonised by another species and risk the Drow race further? Why not try and take back Udos Dro'xun?

As we proceed further with the take-over of Nec'perya, will we eradicate the other races and make it Drow-Only? We need to see the Lolthian order restored and brought back to full power once more!

Watch out! Tyri'Kiira is a very zealous creature ready to seize control and bring glory to her deity!

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 07 2013, 0:21 AM 

Player

You have the progression right, it went Udos > Ultrinnan > Edonil > Nec'perya. Udos, if you haven't seen, is less than ruins. Or, at least, that's what the map appears to look like (it's one map with a bunch of ghosts, one building, a ferry dock, then the entrance to the beholders and one to the illithids, lol. As for Nec' the only thing there are the Skum and they are not a threat to most of the PCs and NPCs. The city used to be inhabited by aboleths long long ago, but that's it. Just the survivors, spiders, and Skum now so there's not a huge threat.

Also, Nec' was chosen because it was a vision from Lolth that the survivors from Edonil could make refuge there and prosper. So, yay visions :D

Also,
OursIsTheFury wrote:
Watch out! Tyri'Kiira is a very zealous creature ready to seize control and bring glory to her deity!

Hey, Zrae takes that crown. :3

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

OursIsTheFury

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 07 2013, 0:37 AM 

Player

Visions are good... I like visions....

You might have to befriend Tyri and then convince her that we might have to either kill Tag and seize control of the Ust'Quellar together, or other scheme....
OR if Tag keeps her rep up with Tyri as she has done from day #1, you might be out of a job!! :P

Muahahahaha!

:twisted:

The Great Equalizer

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 07 2013, 3:59 AM 

Player

If Nec' isactually supposed to be a former "Aboleth city" as opposed to a city that had been controlled by an Aboleth then there are some quite serious issues/questions both IC and OOC.

Namely the question of if it is actually supposed to be an Aboleth city (or even broodhold), why it isn't deep underwater and in the lowerdark. And further why any at all sane drow would be trying to set up a city in the lowerdark.

Further even if by some chance it is an old Aboleth city that somehow had a bunch of water drained from the cavern leaving it above water, then it still means to things; firstly that you are likely in a generally heavily Aboleth populated area and secondly, because of Aboleth's inherited memories, literally every Aboleth that lived there and every single one of their offspring will know exactly where it is and more or less everything about it.

Now if Nec' is a middledark city that was controlled at one point by one of the lone Aboleth that sometimes roam up there than that would make a lot more sense.

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 07 2013, 7:42 AM 

Player

Nec is a ruined outpost on the far northwestern fringe of the former Aboleth empire. It was abandoned both on account of a wall collapse that drained most of the water in the cavern coupled with the gradual shrinking and shifting of the former empire. It is not a full sized city by any means.

I won't say more as I feel it would detract from the work being done by a few of the characters who are investigating the location's history IC wise. :)

The Great Equalizer

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 07 2013, 8:03 AM 

Player

Ahh, small, remote, drained and abandoned outposts are good especially if the wall collapse and subsequent water draining cut off some of the connections to other deep underdark lakes. Aboleth are very powerful and certainly not a good idea to mess with... especially not an empire of them.

On the plus side I love Aboleth and all the other awesomely horrible lowerdark creatures so if Nec ever gets easier to reach it should be fun times... well for me, hopefully more dangerous and wonderfully horrible for all the characters themselves.

Galenson

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 07 2013, 10:51 AM 

Player

Location: Down Under, calculating your demise with blunt expressions.

Naivatkal wrote:
As for Nec' the only thing there are the Skum and they are not a threat to most of the PCs and NPCs.

I'd not underestimate the Skum. We still don't know their full capabilities yet, beyond the fact they outnumber the Drow survivors hundreds, if not thousands to one.

"I'll think of something once Amia:EE drops."

Theander

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 10 2013, 16:42 PM 

Player

On the plus side, we currently have a kill ratio of about 1000:1, so the odds are pretty even.

Saul Rephaim - Sane

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 11 2013, 16:34 PM 

Player

It is all fun and games on the lance board until...

Which reminds me... I need to work with some Devs on balancing the spawns on the underwater area that surrounds the city. It is meant to be on par with Trogs (with the chief offering a comparable reward).

Theander

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 11 2013, 16:39 PM 

Player

Best use of that image ever.

Saul Rephaim - Sane

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]