View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
Procyon

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 19 2015, 21:53 PM 

Player

So decided roll out and do some quests, few of my favorite past time when I can't find a group to play with. Fishermans Friend was a fun item hunt quest and Scourge of Lumorien Coast a nice bonus to it but I got really puzzled when I noticed that Uhm was now a big pool. I couldn't find a way continue with these, are the NPC's still alive somewhere because I didn't find them in Warftown? Not to mention the items required for it?

Since B was totally empty I went for the Blackmoor's Dog and the bridge troll quest. This place has been quite decent for level 15-ish characters of mine as far as I can remember, challenging but not overly so... until now. I know the dog spawns only at night so I went for a search of the troll, ran between the bridges for nearly 2 hours: Something frequents here but not now. Okay, night comes and skeletons/zombies start to pop-up which are no big issue to my level 15-thief. Except the skeleton knight which surely one-hits me. I remember encountering it before during summer and it killed my level 16 warrior who had best equipment available at that level in 2 hits so I ran for it.

I found the dog and realized that after 3-4 years? it is STILL hostile to the undead. It spawns with a regular skeleton group(or with the knight) --> normal skeletons kill it in 3-5 hits --> no credit, now have to wait 6 hours to reset to try again? I can understand some exploit thingie here but... why hostile to undead? After that I try to find the troll again and go to sleep. Return to run between bridges and then I find it... not the troll but a witch that firstly casts Energy Drain on me followed by Wail of Banshee... and I'm like :shock: When was this turned into Dark Souls? Maybe I'm wrong but I find these two a bit overkill when comparing to the rest of the creatures in Caraigh. Or atleast a note or something that these quests are now high level stuff.

If you were to turn into a wolf tomorrow, and began devouring humans, and from the same mouth that you devoured humans, you cried out to me "I love you!" Would I still be able to say "I love you," in the same way I do today?

Larsaan

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 20 2015, 0:47 AM 

Player

Yeah, Caraigh basically turns into a hellscape at night. That place has a lot of history.

In my opinion a lot of the quests should be moved, at least the night-only ones.

Riyit
Chsera Hile

(Credits to Raua for the sprite, sauce -here-.)

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 20 2015, 5:21 AM 

Player

Fisherman's Friend and Scourge of the Coast are unfortunately gone.

I don't know Blackmoor's Dog and the Troll, but it does sound like an issue that should be fixed.

I know the Glinulan's Hold quest was disabled/turned off as well ,would love to see that back.

SamTheGiantSlayer

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 20 2015, 6:38 AM 

Player

Some of these things are being looked at, good to have a fresh look. Thanks for the thorough post!

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!

Kudark

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 20 2015, 6:41 AM 

Player

Regarding Caraigh:

TormakSaber wrote:
I don't know Blackmoor's Dog and the Troll, but it does sound like an issue that should be fixed.

As for the undead at night, Caraigh is the way it is, for IC reasons. Careful out there, and have fun!

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 20 2015, 7:08 AM 

Player

Oh, that much I know, but it probably shouldn't get in the way of completing two quests to the point of being unfinishable, is all I'm saying. not to "nerf Caraigh".

Kudark

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 20 2015, 7:14 AM 

Player

Sorry Tormak, I was agreeing with your comment about the dog and troll.
My comment was in addition to.

Luckbringer

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 20 2015, 9:43 AM 

Player

Is there any in game warning about Caraigh at night? I haven't seen one about, but perhaps I missed it. If there isn't it might be an idea for new or returning players, who get pointed to these lowbie quests like the bodak guy in the swamps, or the herb collecting, to get a warning from the quest issuing NPCs or perhaps the boatman to abandon all hope when wondering Caragh at night or such and such.

Quote:
I know the Glinulan's Hold quest was disabled/turned off as well ,would love to see that back

This was one of my favs too. Would vote to have it back.

corypx

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 21 2015, 1:20 AM 

Player

Luckbringer wrote:
Is there any in game warning about Caraigh at night? I haven't seen one about, but perhaps I missed it. If there isn't it might be an idea for new or returning players, who get pointed to these lowbie quests like the bodak guy in the swamps, or the herb collecting, to get a warning from the quest issuing NPCs or perhaps the boatman to abandon all hope when wondering Caragh at night or such and such.

Quote:
I know the Glinulan's Hold quest was disabled/turned off as well ,would love to see that back

This was one of my favs too. Would vote to have it back.

We have PC's who place in game signs that warn people.

NiwatoriKami

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 21 2015, 1:39 AM 

Player

TormakSaber wrote:
Fisherman's Friend and Scourge of the Coast are unfortunately gone.

Does this mean that the quests cannot be completed? Unfortunately, I have these on my quest log. Can this be taken out?

Also, I was told in another thread that its possible to have the NPC for Scourge to spawn via DM if they have access to it.

MightNMagic

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 21 2015, 8:47 AM 

Player

Ravenloft Lite is surprisingly like Ravenloft Normal at night. :lol:

(No tells for Rashad while I'm playing other characters please.)

dgharpel

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 27 2016, 4:15 AM 

Player

Yep... Searched the island for hours avoiding skeleton knights, finally get that dog to spawn, dog is killed by a skeleton warrior in a couple hits... FML until next reset... :cry:

Also when trying to lift the Chieftain's Curse, I get pwned by a hag with ridiculously overpowered death magic...

How is this fun?

I am weighed down by a ring that I can't get rid of, and I have an unfinished quest in my journal.

I get IC, but can a DM please look at whether or not this gives players enjoyment? Why punish people who want to complete quests and like playing video games for pleasure?

Commie

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 27 2016, 4:55 AM 

Player

dgharpel wrote:
Yep... Searched the island for hours avoiding skeleton knights, finally get that dog to spawn, dog is killed by a skeleton warrior in a couple hits... FML until next reset... :cry:

Also when trying to lift the Chieftain's Curse, I get pwned by a hag with ridiculously overpowered death magic...

How is this fun?

I am weighed down by a ring that I can't get rid of, and I have an unfinished quest in my journal.

I get IC, but can a DM please look at whether or not this gives players enjoyment? Why punish people who want to complete quests and like playing video games for pleasure?

I brought up that fucking ring before and people told me I deserved to be punished for picking it up. The solution is to find the lake it means, then literally wait at that exact spot until midnight in game to discard the item.

Some people like this quest. I am not one of them.

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]