The post in question, for reference. So I played a bread and butter charisma based Blackguard for a very long time and loved the epic fiend the book gave you, it almost made the class worthwhile, but I noticed there was nothing actually significantly different about the summon between levels 16 qnd 19, both of which I played through the course of Gerald's development and transition into a new class.
However the summons page describes the summoned asked as having increased level based statistics the further you go. This didn't seem to be the case, I saw no change in regeneration, natural armor, or spell resistance.
I would like to propose that, since these creatures seem rather intentionally designed (the lawful summon is literally my favorite summon I'm the module) t this entry be scrapped entirely for a flavor text description of reach summon.
However if this is simply a summon take error, it should probably be fixed, however I'll note that the Lawful summon does not need to be any stronger. The others, however, could probably use it.
_________________ Gerald Edmund Discord: Metal Viking Guy #5433
Those benefits were originally applied back when you had to do a DM quest for the epic fiend like the Amnizu and Kelvezu, but now you get them automaticaly upon taking the Epic Fiend feat, so they're redundant - they were meant to give th feat a benefit before any DM involvement for The Book.
_________________ Davion Telemos - Monk of the Four Winds Korthan Isharnos - Dragon Shaman of Thunder Spirit Zamasham
I do remember that, yes! They I had the feat before it was modified to give you the book, but now the description simply doesn't give us the right information anymore, and I've run into players who thing their amnizu might get stronger if they take more levels in blackguard. Honestly, a little bit of flavor text on the current epic fiends would probably be lovely.
In fact, I might even write some and send it over to see if you guys like it.
_________________ Gerald Edmund Discord: Metal Viking Guy #5433
Those benefits were originally applied back when you had to do a DM quest for the epic fiend like the Amnizu and Kelvezu, but now you get them automaticaly upon taking the Epic Fiend feat, so they're redundant - they were meant to give th feat a benefit before any DM involvement for The Book.
What happened? Why is this no longer a case? It sounds freaking awesome.
Because it meant a core feature of the class was restricted to the whims of a DM timezone - PCs are still free to ask for RP regarding their blackguard stuff, and many do.
_________________ Davion Telemos - Monk of the Four Winds Korthan Isharnos - Dragon Shaman of Thunder Spirit Zamasham
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 46 guests
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum