View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ] 
Edgewalker

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 29 2005, 19:55 PM 

Player

Dear Magi and Sorcerors,

I, Duke Montgomery d'Cordor am in search of six well qualified Arcanists to aid me in an endeavor I plan to embark upon in time with the Orphanage. I seek to rebuild the Mythal to protect our city's people, in particular the children for whom we build the shelter. With the plague finally being combatted effectively, and with the children finding their way into a warm bed at night, I seek to make our streets safer. The guards have been doubled, though it seems that only aided the problems for a time. We must reconstruct a Mythall to protect the people of this city from the dangers of themselves (such as Mander) and others.
If you are interested in aiding in the construction of a new Mythall you will be handsomely rewarded from my own personal coffers. If you would like to be considered I pray you send me a message including your credentials as a spellcaster, only those who are capable of casting Epic Spells can aid in this endeavor.

By My Hand,

Duke Montgomery d'Cordor.

Elektus Asperon De'Shaun
Wild Stag

The Golden Gnome

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 29 2005, 20:23 PM 

Player

*Boppi gasps* This is my calling! *Runs off to save the world and such*

Edgewalker

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 29 2005, 21:42 PM 

Player

PM me you git :P

Elektus Asperon De'Shaun
Wild Stag

Halen_Van

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 30 2005, 3:39 AM 

Player

*Halen reads the notice, then nods. He conjures a wind and whispers into it, before casting it away, scattered in several directions. He then heads to the tower to write a missive to the Duke.*

"I cannot speak for all that dwell at the Tower of the Arcane, however, as the Mage Guild's interest a conducive with the creation of the Mythals to protect Cordor, I can safely say that you will soon have all the mages you need. I will personally ask each archmage for thier assistance in this project. Also, we will ensure that this time, the energies of the Mythal are not siphoned to Pandemonium.

- Signed,
Halen Van
Headmaster of the Guild.

Laban Oni

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 30 2005, 5:46 AM 

Player

*Roslefusio wanders through Cordor in his usual chaotic fashion, then comes accross one of the postings... and unlike usual actually stops to read it.*

*Roslefusio* " What is this, casters they desire? Seeking a new Mythral to sire? Well we suppose such a task we can help complete, that soon all Cordor shall bow at our feet. They shall be thankful for fine Roslefusio, and a finer audience than ever we'll know. We suppose that will be quite fine, a thing fitting a bard next to divine!

*Roslefusio then walks off toward the Duke's chambers... until he finds a dog chewing on a corpse in an alley and spends the next half the day following it.*

Edgewalker

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 30 2005, 17:08 PM 

Player

Halen, you're a git. Send me a PM about this.

Elektus Asperon De'Shaun
Wild Stag

Aleph

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 30 2005, 21:08 PM 

Player

If the mythal is restored, I hope you disable the pickpocket tool in Cordor.

Evangeline Ve'heer
Jynx
Sariah

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 30 2005, 21:37 PM 

Player

((A mythal will stop magic, not sticky fingers. ;) ))

MurderKing

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 30 2005, 23:00 PM 

Player

//I hope you manage to post when it will be happening. Some of us would not like to see the city being protected and my strive to ensure the choas

Later gator,
Dane Alexander Hendricks

Aleph

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 01 2005, 0:06 AM 

Player

TormakSaber wrote:
((A mythal will stop magic, not sticky fingers. ;) ))

The first mythal was the reasoning used for the No PVP zone in Cordor. If that's the be restored, the sticky fingers will have to go.

Because my policy is to immediately kill any thief I spot. ;)

Evangeline Ve'heer
Jynx
Sariah

Matthias

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 01 2005, 0:28 AM 

Player

Solution: Make it unuseable in Cordorian areas, but useable everywhere else. :D

I have no intention of telling you my likes and dislikes... as for my dreams, I have many hobbies.

Grymia

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 01 2005, 0:47 AM 

Player

//OOC: So basically, Cordor's going to go No PVP again?

Feonir

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 01 2005, 2:04 AM 

Player

LAME.

"I'm going to spend all my money on ale and whores." "Okay roll for whores." "That's 1d4 whores right?"

Grymia

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 01 2005, 2:13 AM 

Player

// Gotta agree with Feonir sadly.

MurderKing

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 01 2005, 2:52 AM 

Player

//Not lame, we have a chance to stop it and i dont want to do it with complaints here. Lets see if those 6 mages can pull this off before those who wish to continue to with the way it is now can find the mythral and destroy it so the ritual can't go on. Maybe we'll even have a battle of mages who wish to see Peace verus those who don't ensure the choas. It might be a cool thing to watch. Alot more entertaining than having to be around a bunch of epic individuals who have nothing better to do than practice their social skills. :lol:

Your lord and saviour,
Dane Alexander Hendricks

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 01 2005, 3:08 AM 

Player

((I'd be more for "Magic doesn't work, everything else does". A mythal won't stop me stabbing you with a sword. It might stop the fire attached to the sword, but I can still stab you.))

Feonir

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 01 2005, 3:13 AM 

Player

Why not just a giant fucking ball of fire over top of cordor which permanently eliminates all darkness in the whole of the city, then disable all magics from working except for healing and raiseings and then see what happens. Since all the guards are meaty blind tanks anyway.

"I'm going to spend all my money on ale and whores." "Okay roll for whores." "That's 1d4 whores right?"

Silvarus

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 01 2005, 14:50 PM 

Player

Feonir wrote:
Why not just a giant (censored) ball of fire over top of cordor which permanently eliminates all darkness in the whole of the city, then disable all magics from working except for healing and raiseings and then see what happens. Since all the guards are meaty blind tanks anyway.
Actually when magic no longer works Gagis, the mage of the guard will resign, that means that no, we are all not melee fighters.

Matthias

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 01 2005, 15:14 PM 

Player

I just want to point out that No PvP will spell death for the PC Cordor Guard.

I have no intention of telling you my likes and dislikes... as for my dreams, I have many hobbies.

Feonir

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 01 2005, 15:36 PM 

Player

Yes you think guard duty is hard now boys..

Grymia

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 01 2005, 20:42 PM 

Player

*nodnods* Oh yeah.. I know.

The Hammered

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 01 2005, 21:32 PM 

Player

//There could be some kind of special guard subduing tools, I suppose.

Feonir

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 02 2005, 2:14 AM 

Player

//There was, they were abused.

Grymia

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 02 2005, 5:38 AM 

Player

// Indeed. Sad too, as I remember using them as justly as I could.

BrainSplitter

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 02 2005, 7:17 AM 

Player

// back to no PvP? Please, say it isn't so!

// Really, us Cordor Guards will be in trouble... Unless we can get the mythal to... 'Y'know, somehow enforce ~every~ law? Y'know. Auto kill summons, an automatic 100% spell failure, and all that. And even then. What about all the laws like verbal harassment? we wont be able to enforce the laws that the Mythal can't, since we can't kill attack or subdue, we can't do anything other than sit back and watch.

// Also, IMO the Cordor Plots would fall down the drain, as every time there is an epic battle, there will have to be some stupid excuse for the Mythal not to have it's affect...

// [/rant]

justice_prevails

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 02 2005, 20:16 PM 

Player

//I have been a gaurd during no PvP, I have been a gaurd during PvP. I gotta agree it is a lot harder without a pvp area.

//Plus if that no magic thing works then every fighter will be able to walk up to any mage they want and do whatever they want. that is gonna suck especialy for mage guards.

//There is no good way to do no PvP. While most cordorian citizens may not have the brain power to stop killing each other for 5 seconds please don't hinder those of us who can.

Zeus_Lightning

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 02 2005, 21:01 PM 

Player

MurderKing wrote:
//Not lame, we have a chance to stop it and i dont want to do it with complaints here. Lets see if those 6 mages can pull this off before those who wish to continue to with the way it is now can find the mythral and destroy it so the ritual can't go on. Maybe we'll even have a battle of mages who wish to see Peace verus those who don't ensure the choas. It might be a cool thing to watch. Alot more entertaining than having to be around a bunch of epic individuals who have nothing better to do than practice their social skills. :lol:

Your lord and saviour,
Dane Alexander Hendricks

//Indeed my lord and saviour, Dane. That is an awesome idea. To just see if some chaosmakers are going to interrupt it all. :)

...and to be frank, I'm hoping the chaosmakers succeed. :P :twisted:

Semidi

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 02 2005, 21:29 PM 

Player

//I've asked is a rp sabatoge would be ok, got a no, it has more to do with ooc problems or so they tell me.

Silvarus

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 02 2005, 21:41 PM 

Player

Damn, would have been damn fun to fight in defence... Or join the sabotage... There is no major trouble on Cordor during the times an archmage guard stands there :)

Jen

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 02 2005, 21:58 PM 

Player

Feonir wrote:
LAME.

Feo if you want to give an opinion, you're welcome to it but at least elaborate on it some and tone it down a bit? This isn't productive.

MurderKing

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 02 2005, 21:59 PM 

Player

//Sabotage! *grabs his beastie boys mustache* well they can say no all they want but, the fact is if mages go missing a day before the big dumb piece of pure magic is errected again, well you get the idea

Later Tator,
Dane Alexander Hendricks

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Feonir

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 03 2005, 2:32 AM 

Player

Jen Shumate wrote:
Feonir wrote:
LAME.

Feo if you want to give an opinion, you're welcome to it but at least elaborate on it some and tone it down a bit? This isn't productive.

Having no PvP in town means we have to relie on cognitive thinking skills and logic and reason, which the average amian loses once they trigger the on enter script for cordor.

Having it no PvP would mean we get to see the traditional minor spat with the guards that usually would mean theyd either get beat down or run off by said guards now taking an hour and twenty minuets to resolve because people would whine bitch and complain about rolls and fairness, not to mention if it is a slow typer take on another twenty minuets.

Also no PvP in town would signify at least one ooc comment an event as to why "They can hurt us in town but we cant hurt another" Then you completely eradicate any kind of raid or Drow interaction in the city Atall.

Lets not forget one of the best times i ever had DMing was when my evil npc showed up started attacking and then i got a message from a pc about attacking other pcs, i told em so long as he subduals he could, was hilarious and made for some funny rp afterwards.

Having no PvP just handcuffs the good rpers on account of the bad ones, because they are to immature enough to RP accordingly and roll with their mistakes and misguided self conceptions.

Further more to the fact there is ways around the no PvP which people such as justice used to abuse a lot just because he could, then not to mention unless kung or someone spends a lot more time to singlehanded eliminate every spell except for healing ones via script itll still be unfair to everyone.

In short. No PvP = Lame.

Grymia

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 03 2005, 3:43 AM 

Player

Feo and I agree on few things, but this is one of them.

A lot of what he says is valid.. especially people seeking Cordor as sanctuary after doing some wrongs outside..

Feonir

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 03 2005, 6:07 AM 

Player

The day Grymia agrees with me you know its a damn valid point.

Grymia

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 03 2005, 6:10 AM 

Player

*checks his signs of the apocalypse8 .. Not one of them thank god.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]