View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ] 
Zeral Theyodine

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 18 2005, 3:55 AM 

Player

Pieces of parchment with identical text have been getting nailed up with black iron nails across the island. Written in simple deep brown common, with a merticulousness that implies great care spent at writing this, or that the author has extremely slow writing speed. The parchment can be viewed in Cordor, outside of Haur's Forge, nailed to several trees in Amia forest, in Zanshibon, Brogendenstein's Hall, posted on the door of the Dark Spires (for whatever reason), and to the entryway of Guldorand. The paper has been enchanted, for some reason, by a cleric of considerable power, to turn away all creatures of good intentions. ((A DC 34 will save if you're a good creature attempting to approach or read this parchment, or you'll feel naturally compelled to leave. This can be overriden through persistance, but tends to cause nausea.))

It reads as follows:

"Two days from now, on the night of ((Sunday, November 19th at 5:00 EST)), the High Hunt commences. This ritual, marked as holy by the Beastlord, will be culminating in a calling of all the greatest hunters of this land to gather at His temple in the western Amia forest, and there, under that full moon, the great hunters will choose to enter into the chase against the most dangerous of prey: their peers. In the Stalker's name, those attendant will earn His favor through the hunt of these few chosen to be the hunted. As well will the hunted be able to gain His favor, through avoiding his persuers for a day and a night, or through killing them through guile or strength. All involved will be given oppritunity to chase and slay the chosen prey and all who would aid him. If, through desire for glory or confidence in strength, one would choose to become one of the hunted, leave a lock of your hair or a drop of your blood on His altar. ((Ideally post in this thread with intent to be hunted, or send me a PM.))
All glory to Malar: Intellia Tyln."

Each notice ends with a crude clawed' hand drawn in the bottom right corner, immediately after the signature, with a thin red outline.

//Anyone whom has a question about this event, or desires to crash it in the name of righteousness after their good characters catch wind of it, feel free to post in this thread or send me a PM. And yes, there will be rewards for sucess if your character sucessfully catches the prey or even greater ones if you sucessfully elude capture. PvP oriented, but all in good fun.

Zeral: "I'm sorry, are you trying to seduce me? That's like suggesting to a cactus that we go swimming. Not only is the concept foreign, but it'd be extremely uncomfortable for you, and I would have no clue what to do."

Didi

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 18 2005, 12:41 PM 

Player

// Ooooh, evil plan! My character Veh'dra has been sending low level drow out to collect a lock of Darthiir hair. She now has several locks. If I can find out who these locks came from and whether the people involved are happy OOCly for me to do so, I dont suppose there's any harm in me placing THEIR hair on the altar, is there?

Nalfien/Throk

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 18 2005, 15:11 PM 

Player

*Nalfien Barra'Arisa approaches one of the notes in brogendenstien, reading it intently, and taking in eery word.*
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"Hmmm..*ponders*...I believe this is the perfect chance to test out my evil little army." *says sofly more to self than anyone else.* "I guess its time to gather my best men, and women for that matter." *turnes to his sister Mayatiendren Barra'Arisa* "Ilharess, I believe it is time to thin out the numbers of our enemies, perhaps even a few houses." *laughs histaricly like a crazed banshee* ..o0( Arabett......Olath'Orbb....) "Yes ilharess, this will be a good day for us indeed." *smiles cruely showing perfectly white and straight teeth*

Nalfien Barra'Arisa: Shadowdancer and spy.

Mr Mago

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 18 2005, 17:56 PM 

Player

// 5 pm means that I and many other European players can't take part. Not trying to change the time, just saying that it would be nice for future reference to have such events a little earlier during the day.

KD-0079

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 18 2005, 18:13 PM 

Player

[Clasah approaches a parchment nailed to a tree in the wood]

"It never ceases to amaze me, how inconsiderate those thrice damned city dwellers can be with their announcements! The forest is not a tavern posting board!"

[Reaching for the nail holding the parchment firmly unto the tree, she is suddenly struck with an overwhelming feeling of aversion culminating with an uneasiness in the pit of her stomach]

"What is this? Even those Cordorian fops could not be so callous as to enchant an announcement in this way, could they?"

[Unable to take a step closer without enduring further discomfort, Clasah nocks a blue tipped arrow and fires it, freezing the parchment into a block of ice which soon falls off the tree and cracks into shards in the warm night air]

Zeral Theyodine

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 18 2005, 20:59 PM 

Player

//Feel free, Didi, and Throk, assuming you have the same plan. Also, Mago, if you get enough European players interested in this event, feel free to ask me to move the time up. Perhaps around 1:00 EST on the following Sunday. I'm remarkably flexible regarding these things if there's interest.

Zeral: "I'm sorry, are you trying to seduce me? That's like suggesting to a cactus that we go swimming. Not only is the concept foreign, but it'd be extremely uncomfortable for you, and I would have no clue what to do."

Warhaven

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 18 2005, 21:26 PM 

Player

// :-( I'm busy Sunday. *sniff*

Semidi

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 18 2005, 23:26 PM 

Player

Isendur sees the note and debates wether to go or not, on one hand he could earn the favor of another god, on the other... he had to spend time in the woods...

Really Evil Pigeon

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 18 2005, 23:36 PM 

Player

*Aluniira spots one as she is walking through brog in her armour that is covered in blood and spider webs for her escape from cordor and growls*

'zil zhah usstan orn'la tah xuil kivvin

(as if i would hunt with surfacers)

S'xory, doer

(sucky, come)

Alchas

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 19 2005, 0:09 AM 

Player

Shania walks by one of the notices in the forest. She frowns as she senses the magic on the parchment, but doesn't leave as the enchantment does little to keep her away. She reads through the parchment frowning.

.o0( So there are Malarites in the forest. I had thought their temple were abandoned since long. I had hoped there were none of those bloodthirsty bastards here. Still, this ritual seems harmless enough, if they wish to let loose some cityfolk in the woods and hunt them down, then let them...
But the animals are overhunted as it is. If this hunt is going to turn out as the slaughter the malarites usually cause, it will be their blood turning the forest red. I will be there to keep an eye on them. )

MurderKing

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 19 2005, 18:45 PM 

Player

As Crimsonist Climbs to the tops of the forest hills, and covered in the Lycanthropic blood of vanquished foe, he notices the notes and approaches. After reading it he reaches for his kurki on his back and uses it to gash his arm and take the blood and rub it on the walls and on the temple of Malar. After he removes his helm and howls, having blood spur out of his mouth into a mist in the air.

//Count me in!

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Zeral Theyodine

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 19 2005, 21:29 PM 

Player

//Up and happnin' in thirty minutes. Just a warnin'. Gatherin' is at the Temple of Malar.

Grymia

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 19 2005, 21:36 PM 

Player

// Apologies for saying this but I'll take odds that things get bloody with all dead but the Crimsonist right quick. ^_^

MurderKing

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 22 2005, 20:49 PM 

Player

DId it happen? you told me you post poned it Zeral. Till when?

Later,
Dane Alexander Hendricks

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

MurderKing

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 01 2005, 21:01 PM 

Player

Zeral, answer me, please

Later tator,
Dane Alexander Hendricks

Max109

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 01 2005, 21:53 PM 

Player

Xanos sees a note outside of the forge pasing it by.
"Hmm, A hunt. I'm a bit inexperienced,but if I'm carful this coudl be worth it."
He said stroking his chin. Favor of a god would be worth the risk. The half drow takes a look at the time and goes to restock on supplies. This would be interesting.

// I'm in, this hasn't started yet has it?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]