View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ] 
Peeves

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 17 2010, 5:28 AM 

Player

Tremors were felt around the western side of the isle as an odd storm appeared over Wharftown. The clouds turned red, swirling in a large circle about the port. As the storm progressed, lightning began raining down, centering on a certain patch of earth near the Temple of Selune.

Townsfolk were ushered into their homes as a gigantic black spire shot out the earth, shooting a ray of light into the heavens and spreading mist through the groundcover.

If one was to inspect the spire, they would find it to be magically benign, with what looks like abyssal symbols on it.

Ego680

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 17 2010, 6:20 AM 

Player

After the bulk of the crowd of investigators left Richard studied the new scenery ominously overlooking his tavern of choice. The pillar was big, very fancy, and rather evil looking. Being a man of limited knowledge on such matters that was the entire findings of his study. He soon retired to his room at the Slanty Shanty after making a few rough sketches and a mental note to have one of the Third Division mages look into removing it.

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 17 2010, 7:56 AM 

Player

Torin does not enjoy his new lawn ornament.

Grymia

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 17 2010, 8:08 AM 

Player

Having examined the pillar briefly in Wharftown, and also noting and travelling to find the location of another outside of the Green Lake's known node, Tuomas muttered to himself.

~What exactly are these pillars for? ~

Selvec Darkon

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 17 2010, 12:01 PM 

Player

Location: On a Disk, carried by four elephants, which stand on a gigantic turtle.

*Calin watches over the wharfs waters and grumbles*

"I'm starting to think something has a real love of all thinks black...

I fully expect this thing to explode any second, unleashing a planar portal to the abyss..."

"Do ye know where the Holy-Flamin' Frost-brand Gronk-slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' woundin' an' returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-out-yer-bum is?"

dayfer

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 17 2010, 19:47 PM 

Player

shown the Obelisk by an unknown man Foilinar advises himself to steer clear of any, and that the hole in cordor my create one...

AlannaMolov

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 17 2010, 20:46 PM 

Player

Alanna is also rather peeved that her glorious view of the moon over Wharftown's bay has been obscured. So much for climbing property value.

"A soft woman
is simply a wolf
caught in meditation."

wiggedi2

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 17 2010, 22:02 PM 

Player

Claire Volain, Ilmatarite and Keeper of the Triad's Light travels to the pillars in Wharftown and at the Green Lake and examines them closely for runes and other signs, that might reveal their heritage.

Greyweaver

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 18 2010, 4:07 AM 

Player

Having spoke with Guston on one of her normal port to port chats being an 'old salt' herself, General Legion, is so caught up in the story once they arrive she thanks Guston for the information and goes to investigate. Something particular catches her eye upon examining the monolith other than the abyssal runes. She then sets sail for Endirs speaking of the pillar on the way there to Guston. Eventually reaching Genesis she goes to work quickly on a notice concerning such posting it in the base.

Favored Quote:
"This above all: to thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man." -Shakespeare

ValkinMulgin

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 18 2010, 7:02 AM 

Player

*Arcanist in deep blue garments can be seen inspecting the spire, he seems to take downs several notes, and stencils of the runes and markings before leaving as quickly as he came*

Valkin hearing of this phenomenon, venture to the city in dinguses, he examines the black spire, and would being to cross reference the symbols on it to a number of text valkin has in his possession, being an export in demonology, he also try's to see if any of the symbols related to any of the information that the new residents in Tarkuul were attempting to locate, or any reference to the name "the Rider who comes" that the herald spoke of.

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt17/valkinmulgin2008/Spire2.jpg
* Image of Valkins icly doing this *

He would also take the time to summon his demon Balmortis and converse with it in regard to the spire and the "rider who comes" that the herald spoke of to see if his pet has heard anything of use.

After overhearing a conversation in Amia Forrest valkin heads west into green lake, and located some secluded ruins an another Spire, he inspects this one as before and then ventures into the ruins to unlock its secrets.

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt17/valkinmulgin2008/SpireGreenLake.jpg
* Image of Valkins icly doing this *

Research books & relevant materials
*Tana'ri Observed (Demonologist Job)
*Summoning Secrets (Demonologist Job)
*All books from 336 layer of the abyss.
*Valkins personal collection of demon "bits" and old thayan crafting materials.
* His Demon summon Balmortis (Tana'ri OVerlord skin)
* Also Valkin has held a number of Demonology & Diabloist Lectures in Tarkuul.

// if i could get any confirmation on this thread also that be great

http://www.amiaworld.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=51099

Peeves

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 18 2010, 11:46 AM 

Player

It would be clear that at the Wharftown spire, there was a gate not too long ago. But upon further inspection of the spires, anyone that could read abyssal would clearly see that the letters are gibberish. They are a good mock-up of the language, but mean nothing.

ValkinMulgin

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 18 2010, 12:11 PM 

Player

Peeves wrote:
It would be clear that at the Wharftown spire, there was a gate not too long ago. But upon further inspection of the spires, anyone that could read abyssal would clearly see that the letters are gibberish. They are a good mock-up of the language, but mean nothing.

Attempts to ascertain the power of the gate spell, and were the gate was linked to, an if possible attempt to discern the location the gate came from or went to, either the specific plane/general area or if possible specif area.

If possible valkin would then scry that location to determine if it is hostile or dangerous, if there are any present on the other side he would watch and see if he could learn anything, an eventually travel there.

*valkin is also seen copying down all the abyssal letters and will in his spare time attempt to piece them together into common phrases or things related to demonic law attempting to see if there is an significances at all*

// if i can travel there, id love to RP this with you.

Screen of his Lore/Spellcrarft checks
http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt17/valkinmulgin2008/RollesforDemonstuff.jpg

B3awulF

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 19 2010, 3:36 AM 

Player

After being briefed by the General, Bor travels to Wharftown to check this new pillar one more time ...he looks to the runes and the examines the pillar for a while:

*Looks to the pillar and remembers the events with certain devil and a creature by some Ancient ruins* mmm it seems some Devil its about to have some...... entertainment, how interesting.

*Takes some notes on an ancient scroll*
-possible pillars/obelisks completed = 3
-possible pillars/obelisks to complete = 2
-possible locations= (writes something)

Then Bor walks back to explore the areas surrounding the pillar and then goes back to the base to leave his report with the Generals.

Grymia

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 19 2010, 4:57 AM 

Player

Taking a map of Amia he had marked with the Locations he estimated of the three Obelisk locations, Tuomas quietly began some extrapolation work, using presdigitation to draw the lines.

~ I wonder if this is accurate. Nev's implication there was two more locations.... ~ he thought to himself. He then realized something he missed, palming his face.

~.. I'm an idiot. ~ he says, waving off the marking magics.

Last edited by Grymia on Tue, Oct 19 2010, 7:12 AM, edited 4 times in total.

ValkinMulgin

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 19 2010, 5:48 AM 

Player

* in the tower of the dammed valkin sits a map of the island layered out before him, marking locations, he then takes his quill and pens letters to his subordinates and his superiors*

I have recently discovered a pillar in warftown, and another of the same design in the ruins near greenlake, they appear to be from the abyss itself, transported by the gate spell, i believe that these locations complement others forming a pentagram with the focusing being around Whyrm hold, i am uncertain if these spires have been brought into our plane by an individual at present, or if this is some kind of ordained or naturally occurring planar event.

Regardless i think this phenomenon should be studied, for the archives of the library concerning planar activity in Amia, as well to ascertain if it is any threat to Tarkuul.

I desire that any members of the Magistarium when outside of Tarkuul to go the above suggested locations were others spires may exist, if so take notes details anything an everything that might help in this study.

alternatively search the rest of the island to see if we can locate more spires or hints to this phenomenon.

:notes:

The spires are ancient, an appear to be from the abyssal plane, the abyssal symbols on them tho are currently arranged in gibberish, tho i have taken stencils from both spires i have visited.

Valkin mulgin Magister and Provost of Necromancy, an High Magistari of the Magistarium Mortis of Tarkuul.

After searching these locations, valkin travel to the Forrest of amia, were in disguise questions those about to learn the location of another spire, after carefully conversing with a very arrogance an know it all elf, he then travels to the skull crags were he located yet another, in the most unlikely place, yet its peaceful surroundings maid his researching a pleasant experience. then valkin returned to his study to consider some new possible ideas.

*Another spire*
http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt17/valkinmulgin2008/Spire3.jpg

An uses new reference point to create new map, that he then sends to his associates in the Magistarium & Enclave.

1. the spires are the pinnacles of the pentagram, an are like the focuses thus they must be lit like candles with fire or a focus of some kind.
2. if it is a summoning circle of some kind the pentagram would need to be connected in some way perhaps the spire already are in some sub-planar or physical way under the ground.
3. Such a event must be known on the abyss, an thus conversing with his demon Balmortis may prove revealing.

*with that valkin, begins to research any abyssal events on the island that might relate to this one, as well as to find any lore that might relate to a summoning of such grandeur and what would be required to complete such a summoning, or if it has been done before, an finally summons his demon Balmortis to see if he knows anything or knows a demon that might, if he learns nothing from these he goes to meet with push of the 336 layer of the abyss to ask him*

// request to know if Balmortis or push know anything, if not request rp to see if i can learn anything from another demons summoning, also valkin attempt's to "carbon date" the spires using alchemy, to try and assess how old they are.

xXxSuShiKunxXx

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 19 2010, 12:19 PM 

Player

*Upon benig informed of this new information Zee appears in Warftown on Horsemen business, to study and collect information. Before so, however, he places a small, magically altered, green rose on the shrine of Selune, in the name of one long forgotten.*

"It is a shame, is it not? Perhaps now revenge shall arise..."

Vasco Vespucci

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 19 2010, 19:35 PM 

Player

Vasco Vespucci steps outside of his home and shrine to Valkur in Wharftown. He is amazed at what was left outside the Temple of Selune. An obelisk stretching into the sky. Vasco was told by the locals that a lightning strike created a hole and the structure sprang forth from the ground.

"The sea god Valkur will be unhappy if the underworld is using the natural force of lightning to bring forth evil", Vasco points to the symbol of Valkur which shows a cloud with three lightning bolts.

rafaelmacgyver

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 21 2010, 18:40 PM 

Player

Adela wents to all Obelisks to copy down the letters on it.
Even seeing its all gibberish she tries to make translations of it to Common.

Emilly MacMillan (Happy)

Image Image

Sprites by Raua!

ValkinMulgin

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 25 2010, 2:19 AM 

Player

*a blue robed man would be seen frequenting the outskirts of cordor, looking for signs of the followers of the Orcus, if he is not hear is is often in the library of tarkuul researching the ritual being used and trying to locate more information on Orcus, occasionally summoning his demon blamortis to question it for facts*

Greyweaver

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 26 2010, 2:29 AM 

Player

after taking the time to gather the facts and investigate a few theories the Horsemen have been working on to narrow down there suspects, General Legion in full Horsemen garb can be seen patroling Amia frontier and warning the new adventurers of a possible threat. Horsemen Checkpoints will also be encountered in the area as well.

Favored Quote:

msheeler

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 26 2010, 4:30 AM 

Player

Warning I contain spoilers. Click me at your own risk

Samantha Lockeheart can be seen visiting the various obelisks around the island. At each site she takes great care in taking notes and marking them on extremely well detailed maps.

The day after her trip she is seen visiting Mystra's Monolith. Many hours later she leaves the monolith, visibly exhausted.

The third day she takes pen to paper once more and pens letters which she personally delivers to various people around the isles. Once her letters are delivered she makes busy gathering up supplies in Cordor, Guldurand and Howness.

Grymia

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 26 2010, 17:33 PM 

Player

Tuomas, whether waking or aslumber seemed to be amidst a lot of processing of information which had come to his attention over the course of this crisis to date.

~Obelisks, false Abyssal runes, a Devil and Demon from Amia's history, falling stars and gems appearing amidst storms... what does this all mean tied together aside from ill? ~ he asked himself.

Peeves

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 20 2010, 2:35 AM 

Player

The obelisk in Wharftown has been destroyed. In its place, a small red light with runes around it remains.
Officials, if asked, will deny comment.

Selvec Darkon

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 20 2010, 3:56 AM 

Player

Location: On a Disk, carried by four elephants, which stand on a gigantic turtle.

*Xal follows after the destruction and looks at the small red light, particularly at the runes. He shakes his head.*

"I wonder if they realize that there is likely to be a consequence to this path. Power freely flowing from something that once held it seems more like a lock then anything else to my eyes. Now that the power isn't locked, I wonder what will happen."

"Do ye know where the Holy-Flamin' Frost-brand Gronk-slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' woundin' an' returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-out-yer-bum is?"

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 20 2010, 9:03 AM 

Player

*Thanks to the early warning from Tuomas, security in the Dale was heightened at the time, particularly around Dicho's Shrine.*

Greyweaver

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 20 2010, 11:36 AM 

Player

*looks over the where the obelisk used to be in Wharftown and sees only the free floating red glowing orb then shakes her head thinking to herself*

.oO( pshh people get a puzzle from a devil and solve the damn thing, not to bright, guess they don't realize devils knows humans inside an out and how to -make- them do what they want them to. Oh well we offered to help, hells we was the ones that pinpointed Dicho's shrine and helped warn the Dale, and they shunned us, there loss, I'm ov'ah it. Let's see how well they fend on they'ah own without the Horsemens help...idiots )

*still shaking her head in disbelief looking back at the orb before porting out*

Favored Quote:

tsukasa1991

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 28 2010, 4:41 AM 

Player

*many citizens and travelers would notice a certain goblin taking up residence near the obelisk in one of the old houses... it takes a few days but the street starts to stink like blood and poo. Warftown's guards might begin to take notice of the odor but noone ever answers the door. At times, shadowy, small figures are seen slipping in during the night but none ever leave by door.*

"Hm hm interests it is we think yess? *maggot pets his hell hound with his left grubby little hand*"

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 28 2010, 5:55 AM 

Player

It is doubtful that Wharftown's guards and the Temple of Selune let something like that go so easily.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]