View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ] 
Khylaria

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 04 2020, 18:00 PM 

Player

Over the past few days, I've been strolling down memory lane quite a bit due to a combination of RP and looking up old posts here on the forums. I have to say, I've had tons of memorable moments as part of this community - so many I probably couldn't list them all if I even tried.

That said, I'm curious as to what others feel are their most memorable moments on the server. Could be a good experience, or a bad one, but what I'm looking for are the in-character experiences. Something that happened to one of your characters, or something they caused to happen, which has really stood out in your memory over time. If it happened too recently, or would be too spoiler-y, feel free to say so - but try to think of a good runner-up for the top spot of RP you've been through, if so.

Bonus question for DMs (past and present): We all know players often toss a wrench in the works of even our most thought-out plots. What was your favorite, or most memorable, one so far?

Budly

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 04 2020, 18:27 PM 

Player

Budly becoming mayor and his struggle to keep Bendir Dale safe and hold on to his position was a very odd and interesting story! I cannot spill all the details but its a memory for sure! :)

Budly : Has gone to a better place.
Barrililath : Shadowy Drow, probably less Drow than Sylv ever be.

Gravemaskin

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 04 2020, 18:51 PM 

Player

Arronax talking his way out of punishment after causing mayhem and death at the Nes'ek camp when he persuaded some Banites and whatnot to attack it. And all this because he was bored. I'll never forget how much fun I had pulling that off.

A close second would be my Kelemvorite zealot prosecuting then Sergeant Samuel Greywatch of the Cordor Guard at the Cordor trial but also blaming adventurers for everything that was wrong with Cordor and as the reason for Greywatch using excessive force. I got a lot of praise from the DM running it and it was the first time I ever had gotten direct props for good RP from a DM on Amia.

Mahtan

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 04 2020, 21:53 PM 

Player

Once upon a time in Cordor, they invested in a super golem Justice. Justice accidently got set off into death mode in West Cordor. Justice was going to self destruct and destroy a good chunk of West District.

While everyone panicked and lead the golem into the Arena, Puff the goblin bard climbed up the golems ass and found a Perfect Mythal powering the golem. Like any good goblin, he grabbed that thing and stuffed it in a bag.

Some time later, Justice powered down and crashed to the ground.

Puff then climbed out and had no clue what happened but people cheered.

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 05 2020, 4:06 AM 

Player

by all means not an exhaustive list in any fashion............

The Assassination of Collin Reyes, Or, How That Asshole Ended Up In Liminal Time

---

(A play in three acts)

Richard Johnson Is Broken Out From Prison In Cordor

Richard Johnson Makes Friends In High Places

Friends In High Places (re-)Break Richard Johnson's Leg, And Return Him To Cordor

---

Banishing Tytalus In Maztica, And The Discovery of the Lost Monolith

---

Rescuing Lady Montgomery d'Cordor, And A Hasty Retreat From A Golem Factory

---

Alanna, Torin, and Vyashir Go On A Magic Faery Adventure And Realize Just How Messed Up They Are

---

Torin Uses A Deck Of Hazards, Turns Icingdeath Lawful Good And Himself Chaotic Evil

---

Torin Yells Loud Things, Is Made A Harper, And An Orphanage Burns Down, Killing Many

---

Torin Crashes A Banite Wedding Because He Was Invited By The Bride, Eats All The Food, Taunts The Imperceptor, And Leaves Alive

---

The Time Torin Found A Magic Broken Sword, And A Calishite Woman Almost Made Him Completely Evil

---

The Gang Causes A Time Paradox And Closes The Loop, Watching Duke Montgomery Get Banished Into Liminal Time, Witnessing The Birth of the Zeitgeist

---

"Your Daughter's Pet Seagull Is A Famous Assassin." "Yeah, I Know. It's Awkward. Please Don't Tell Her."

~~~~~~~~

DM stuff, off the top of my head.... I don't know if I have any good monkey wrenches, but some of many great DM moments where I extra loved my players follow:

The Dimming Light Steals Magic Items From Bendir Dale, Or, Humble Beginnings For Thieves

(ft. Robertltoner) Two Cyricists Have A Religious War In South Cordor; How Two Friends Killed Each Other In Twenty Minutes Because A Voice Told Them To

Magic Rune, Potion And Magic Trap Research In Shadowflame And Ruathym

How To Kill Ten Dragons In Two Months: The Wyrmshadow Prophecy Story (ft. Brainsplitter)

Shadowflame House Is Taken Over By A Usurper, And An NPC Jobs To Bigby's Hand

Tormak, Khylaria, Robertltoner, Brainsplitter, And More, Prove They Are Insane By DMing A Festival For Literally 24 RL Hours

Tarkuul Causes Chaos In The Desert, And An Undead Uprising

A Kelemvorite Undeath To Deaths The Pharoah Ankh'remun After The Entire Plot Was About Saving Him In Nes'ek, While The DM Is Mid Monologue (ft. Brainsplitter)

An Alliance Is Made To Cheat At A Tournament, And A Simple Monk Is Given A Dragon's Horn, Causing Catastrophe

A Sharessan Convinces A Fallen, Troubled Celestial To Let A Child Live, And (real life) Years Later, Receives A Visit Thanking Her

A Drow Thinks It's A Good Idea To Let An Evil Daemon-Sentient Sword Take Over The Bones Of Imperator. Not All Goes As Planned.

The Banite Castle Is Sieged, And Despite Being Outnumbered Five To One, The Banites Very Nearly Still Win (ft. Robertltoner)

The Wizard Says "I Teleport Straight Down" While Standing On Solid Ground, Telefragging Himself In Tarkuul.

Winyan Elves Dissuade A Marut Inevitable From Killing A Baelnorn

(ft. Semidi[?]) Wharftown Is Taken Over By Banites, By Mysterious Threat, And The Village Is Never The Same

The Horsemen Of The Apocalypse Take Over The Frozenfar

The Three Steps Academy, The Grandmasters, And All Its Mystical Shadowy Research

Mystran Monolith Mages Make See Leyline Spells, And See The Ley In All Its Splendor (ft: lots of fast spammed VFX)

Caraigh Becomes Extra Spooky For A Little While, With Undead Sharks

Too much else to mention over the years. All the little one off events, all the things PCs did and ran that I mostly just presided over and made pretty sparklies for.

Galenson

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 05 2020, 11:45 AM 

Player

Location: Down Under, calculating your demise with blunt expressions.

Gravemaskin wrote:
Jack Galenson was basically a more badass version of House before House even existed, except he had a prosthetic arm instead of a bum leg. Which IIRC he lost because he attacked Tarkuul and had to jump trough a closing portal when escaping.

This was pretty up there on the list for epic Galenson moments.

The fall of Edonil stands out a bit too.

"I'll think of something once Amia:EE drops."

Budly

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 06 2020, 0:34 AM 

Player

Seeing Tormak...

Reminds me of Jron Ageirsons very odd "friendships" with Paush. Jron is a low key villian who robbed the old orphanage on 500.000 gold and sold people to Paush. Good guy. Was hillarious stuff!

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 06 2020, 1:39 AM 

Player

In all honesty, Peraga meeting Budly for the first time and the week thereafter.

That stuck with me the most.

... Also, the little Event Jes did where Peggy got the Riptide. And it doesn't stick with me because of the Ship, hell I didn't even care about the Ship at some point during the event. Jes may or may not have made me cry manly tears.

Budly

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 06 2020, 22:06 PM 

Player

freaxxshow1338 wrote:
In all honesty, Peraga meeting Budly for the first time and the week thereafter.

That stuck with me the most.

... Also, the little Event Jes did where Peggy got the Riptide. And it doesn't stick with me because of the Ship, hell I didn't even care about the Ship at some point during the event. Jes may or may not have made me cry manly tears.

Oh man, that was a good week and time. I wish I could replay that one. And Potatoe. It was fun and cute RP.

maglorine

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 07 2020, 2:01 AM 

Player

My gnome getting mugged by the Black Flag in South Cordor.

Khylaria

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 07 2020, 20:10 PM 

Player

TormakSaber wrote:
by all means not an exhaustive list in any fashion............

The Assassination of Collin Reyes, Or, How That Asshole Ended Up In Liminal Time

The Gang Causes A Time Paradox And Closes The Loop, Watching Duke Montgomery Get Banished Into Liminal Time, Witnessing The Birth of the Zeitgeist

"Your Daughter's Pet Seagull Is A Famous Assassin." "Yeah, I Know. It's Awkward. Please Don't Tell Her."

~~~~~~~~

DM stuff, off the top of my head.... I don't know if I have any good monkey wrenches, but some of many great DM moments where I extra loved my players follow:

Tormak, Khylaria, Robertltoner, Brainsplitter, And More, Prove They Are Insane By DMing A Festival For Literally 24 RL Hours

Winyan Elves Dissuade A Marut Inevitable From Killing A Baelnorn

My reflections on the above:

I wasn't able to get involved much in the Arcanum stuff - at least not openly. Cyn being taken to an alternate timeline Cordor with Xaviera and a handful of others, seeing bodies of people she knew strewn all around. She saw Darby's body there, for instance, and didn't know whether to laugh or just feel sorry for Av.

But omg, that seagull! Jonathan Livingston, was that the name? I didn't put that together in my mind until a few hours after the assassination event.

And I remember your Inevitable events! Raine still has her gloves, made from parts from the Kolyarut Inevitable that came after her when her blackguard pact was broken. That was the first in a long line of events in her redemption arch, and I loved every minute of it.

And hoooo boy, that 24-hour festival in Kohlingen was a damn doozy. I got in a little late after it started, but then I stayed on for the duration of the rest of the festival. We even went an hour or two over, from what I recall, think I slept for like 14 hours after that, at least. I could not do that again, these days, no matter how hard I tried (I think).

~~~~~~~~

And now for my memorable stuff, I suppose! So... playerwise:

The above-mentioned Kolyarut encounters. That's the point in her story where Raine knew there was no turning back to what/who she used to be. In the following years, she slowly made her way back to finding her faith in Ilmater again - at which point an emissary of the Broken God (in the form of a celestial servant) visited her to give her hope and the teensiest bit of guidance. The redemption arc also provided the basis and inspiration for what would be my one and only DC item request so far - Raine's Blessing of the Martyr item, which allows her to use her own life force as a sacrifice to heal others. She went on to "retire" in Kohlingen and became a hermit-monk who popped in now and again to help around the Temple of the Triad.

Cynthia had so many memorable moments, it's hard to pin down just one. Her recruitment into the Sharran cell when she was a Cordor guard. The biggest head-cannon she ever received - when Ray chose her to hand the reins of the Sharran faction over, and he gave her all the documentation he'd compiled over the years. That was her first real in-depth exposure to all that was going on in Cordor with the Arcanum plot. Her banishment from Cordor when someone very close to her (or so she thought) exposed her affiliation with the cell to the captain of the guard. And years later, when she finally turned her back on the Sharran faith, was welcomed into the Wardens in Wiltun, and found her way to the Helmite faith.

Kel'riia's had her ups and downs, as well. But since I'm actively playing her again, I think I'll keep her most memorable moments to be revealed in-game, for now.

~~~~~~~~

DM-wise:

Again, that 24-hour festival. Insanity. It was a blast working with the other DMs to provide entertainment for so many players, from fireworks displays to jousting events, and beyond. I learned quite a few DM tricks that day, as far as VFX and how they can be used/abused to dramatic effect. (Of course, I've forgotten most of them by now, but hey!)

The one plot that really stands out in my memory, though, is the Formian Exodus from Amia. Hands down, it was the most enjoyable plot I ever thought up and ran - and I think the players involved would (and mostly did) agree with that. There were a few twists and turns along the way - one of which was largely inspired by the players, themselves, even if they didn't know it at the time. I absolutely loved that the players involved were separated into basically two camps on how to deal with the formians, and I loved watching the two sides and how they played against one another. That gave me the idea for the Formian Commander to have his own little rebellion - something I hadn't yet conceived of after the plot had already kicked off. That was my favorite "monkey wrench" moment - players' actions bringing about the evolution of the plot in real time.

Kudark

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 08 2020, 0:19 AM 

Player

So many! But here's a few:

Pre-Crow days
Wandering Amia with my elf, and discovering the Server, back in 2008.

Crow Rogue days
Crow jacking up Neveah against a wall in Cordor Central Square, when she was still a Lieutenant, and him getting turned into a human pincushion by the Cordor archer guards. All because Nev was picking on Fox.

Fox and Crow walking in on Xaviera in the Temple of Love, when Xavi was screwing a half-orc!

Crow doing recon work for the Black Flag, in the Sanctuary of Sin for Jess, and not knowing he was watching Arcanum Mages until literally years later, when those events were coming to a head.

Selling almost all of Crow's stuff, just so he could buy a pair of boots from the Black Caravan.

Crow sneaking around the Monolith of Mystra one day and finding a dead red half-dragon, and when he was pulling the sword out of Rras' chest, the door opened and Tuomas with three others thought Crow just killed Rras. It was perfect timing lol Crow was cleared when Rras was Raised and said he didn't do it.

About to fight a dracolich in Green Lake and following some people out of a tower door, and Crow getting glitched to the top of the tower, where the DM was still preparing for the fight. Surprised the hell out of both of us, and when Crow tried to attack the dragon, the DM flung Crow to the ground.

Watching the huge groups of people loitering in the forest, fighting over the Rock.

Crow saving a young drowess named Phrae, from an elf named Qirlan, in the forest, still in the pre-ranger days. She paid him back years later (in the ranger days) when she was torturing him, but didn't know it was Crow until he recognized her humming. He had a burlap sack over his head for three days. When she discovered it was him, she took him to the Hidden Beach so the Grove peeps could scry his location. Phrae carved him up real good during those three days, he had the symbol of Cyric on his chest until he was True Ressed the second time.

Crow Ranger days
Crow chasing Lilith into a portal and getting his ass kicked by everyone there in Tarkuul, then waiting 2.5 hours in jail for Tormak to come home from work, so he could ban Crow from Tarkuul haha

Crow's secret meetings with Cecilia, in the forest. She would come there and they would sit and talk for hours. They were enemies, but friends too. He saved her once in the forest, by letting her go free. (disclaimer: only those two know about the meetings, he never told anyone)

Killing Banites at Kampo's, and everywhere else they tried to gather.

Getting killed by drow in the forest.

The two enormous She'kats that decided to crash Elrith and Crow's first wedding. They were curious, and basically just watched.

Crow being captured by drow and sold as a slave.. twice. Still holds the record for highest slave auction. Cecilia was no help on that one haha, but Lilith bought him the second time and set him free.

Crow getting decapitated in the short lived Amia Forest Crossroads treehouse. The treehouse didn't last long after that one. First True Res.

Kicking everyone out of the forest, and being hated for it (Thanks Malandria!).. Still happens to this day, still hated for it.

Crow getting decapitated by two women that hated him. I honestly thought they wanted to just sell him the cloak lol Aeraline found his headless body floating near Actand a few days later, and gave him some of her life essence. Second True Res.

Crow fighting Tazul in gargoyl form, it was like Keystone Cops or a Benny Hill ending. Every once in a while Crow would do like 2 damage on him. Rosary just standing there watching them, when Tazul finally just stopped running. When Crow asked her to help him, she cast a spell and nearly killed the both of them, because I forgot to Invite Rosary into Party. Then Siferet came by and killed all three of them in one swipe!

Crow totally randomly being at the wrong place at the wrong time in Sky Forest, and trying to save two Eili drow from being assassinated by Di'rien's Shevvies. Took those dirty elves by surprise I did LOL They had no idea where all those arrows were coming from! That one lead to his being banned from Winya lol Third True Res.

The three separate times Crow got to ride a horse! I have screenshots somewhere, of all three occasions. (rubs that in Phearnun/Pony's face :P )

Gender Bender.. When Aeraline and Crow's genders were swapped for a day.. or a week, who knows, they were taken to Faerie and fought a blue dragon, to help a Dryad. I have screenshots of Crowina somewhere for that, too lol The DM told me that "Crow feels like a sexy girl" ..and Crow did feel his sexy girl parts, too, wouldn't you? They were both also given the choice to remain gender swapped, or be switched back. I actually considered keeping Crow as a female.

Crow being convinced (by Rania) he needed to admit himself into the Caraigh Asylum, and having to be rescued (by Rania) because he was there for too long, then the subsequent counselling sessions at the Salandran Temple by Abernathy (Rania who?).

When Crow was banned from Caraigh for harboring the fugitive Aiseth, then got caught there while in bird form. He was stuffed into a bag, then a box, then he was sliced in half by someone's axe while in the bag in the box haha Then jailed in Wiltun awaiting execution, saved by Avadon.

Seeing Elrith again, after her Player being gone for nearly five years, and returning to Amia!
Elrith and Crow's second wedding and Bonding, with the approval of Mielikki, their Goddess.

The Green Lake Willow tree Event, was very special to Elrith and Crow. Chasing down the people who cut down the tree, and learning why they did it (Silencing Nova with a scroll), then months later getting to plant a new tree with them.

Elrith and Crow getting the Legendary Dire Wolf pups on Hope Island. That Event was rather sad for them, but the pups are growing nicely!

Salitar days
Being a general shadow dancing nuisance!

Dug days
Grossing people out with Dug.

Watching people's characters talk like idiots, to try and converse with Dug.

Other characters fucking with Dug, because he's an idiot.

Dug joining the Riptide crew was the best thing that ever happened to him. Thanks guys, I love you!

Dug stepping up, and killing Razul.

justpassingby

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 13 2020, 2:52 AM 

Player

It's been too many years. I can barely recall some of the awesome DM events. I also have my youngest babe crawling on me. But I know I had a great many times in glorie and elle.

Grymia

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 13 2020, 5:42 AM 

Player

Gnome memories... too many to count, man. Way.. way too many to count.

Khylaria

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 13 2020, 14:36 PM 

Player

More memorable moments - scarring poor Tuomas' mind both as a player and a DM. As a player, it was Kel'riia, muttering to herself about what she was tempted to do to Mina and Sabrar's unborn child - a.k.a. "the abomination" - when she found out about the affair and pregnancy. As a DM... Tuomas using divination to view the origins of my devil NPC, Azarius.

Good times, good times. :lol:

justpassingby

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 15 2020, 23:18 PM 

Player

I miss the times of raine and glories friendship. Obviously they should have gotten married.

Khylaria

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 16 2020, 0:27 AM 

Player

Oh, lol... those were the days. It never was an easy friendship, from what I remember. I think, in the end, Raine would have been glad to see Glorie and Shan together - but by that time she'd become more or less a hermit as I'd stopped playing her. Makes me wonder if Raine and Shan's son might've gone off to the mainland to visit them or not. :P

justpassingby

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 16 2020, 1:35 AM 

Player

Honestly. Raine and glorie as a couple makes more sense. But somehow shan won out. Only because glorie didnt bat for the other team. And he ended up being a fair match for glorie once he was ancient. Lol. I wont ever play again but I see all these people popping on who I used to love to rp with.

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 16 2020, 16:29 PM 

Player

I can't count or properly retell the amount of memorable experiences I have enjoyed, let alone list my top one. Too many good memories of years too long in the past.

It's fitting, most of all, that I remember more good than bad of Amia. Which is how I always wanted it to be.

In general I would say my experiences on my first main, Tyrus, were all fantastic. Bittersweet that most of those players left the server long before I stopped playing. THe Underdark was always phenomenal to be a part of. And I had so many lovely RP sessions on my favorite cleric, Salema. All good times.

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

Aiseth

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 28 2020, 0:15 AM 

Player

Here we go! Joggin' the brain banks....

As Mynna:

-Being Enzan's personal puppet, when I had a very premordial idea of role-playing, and getting a clockwork heart or something, and wanting to be by Enzan's side, even though the Shrine kept rescuing her and she just remained confused and empty.
-Mynna one time is given the most powerful ax by an Inevitable, making her an inevitable? maybe? Then selling it to the Imperator of Bane for no good reason but profit.
-Mynna one time wrestles a golem in North Cordor that is put down by her 'friends' and this makes her sad bc she thought she had a boyfriend.
-Mynna and Casper make a duo, getting up to their many shenanigans.
-Mynna randomly cutting people in half with her ax, mostly Vyashir and Alanna, while Chiania and Zeri kept putting them back together.
-Mynna making the call to arms in Guldorand and setting up the most volatile group of adventurers to start working toward saving the Duke.
-Mynna bombing Cordor's Prison to try and 'rescue the duke'
-Mynna witnessing the Judge die by the Arcanum and voicing to Mynna in blind faith to stop the Arcanum and kill Colin Reyes.
-Mynna turning herself in to Cordor and being imprisoned for over a year in RT.
-Mynna being set free by a mysterious stranger and given 'blood' in her golem veins and becoming a 'real' girl.

As Samrael:
-Samrael's training in the arts of the Shadowdancer.
-Samrael leading the Armathora to war in Brogendentstein and accidently forcing Winya into the Treat of Light.
-Samrael breaking into Cordor's prison and watching a guard auto-erotically asphyxiate himself, and quietly murders him.
-Samrael and her elven friends try to bring elves back to Winya after a flight of elves and sickness spreads everyone thin.
-Samrael hunting harpies in the greater forest of Winya, harpies call Samrael by her name.
-Samrael running her front and bar The Broken Arrow, and some local mafia pay her a visit and demand tribute.
-Samrael and Gorthod fall in love, but Samrael sort of uses Gorthod and he thinks she's an utter bitch.
-Samrael going on a journey to find the Skeleton Key of Mask, tasked by Pinky, but instead gives her a Skeleton named Key. :(
-Samrael and Andrew doing their damnest to make Cordor Wholesome again.
-Samrael breaks into the city archives and is one point short of being able to unlock Reyes' locked room :( Almost gets killed by 3-Man Agents.
-Samrael revealing 3-Man Agents to Kohlingen by a chance outting by a mage.
-Samrael getting heavily armed by Corinn to continue her spy games.
-Samrael sneaking in on Wiltun and writing down a whole conversation between Sharrans and Richard Johnson.
-Samrael battling other shadow-dancers coming after her for meddling into Cordor/Tarkuul affairs.
-Samrael and Andrew go to a costume contest as a Legionaire and Samrael as a kitty cat.
-Samrael killing Karse Ignoma who turns into a noxious bile and poisons all of the Lowland Swamps area, also severely disfiguring her face and killing Samrael.
-Samrael breaking out of her coffin in the Salandran Temple, and is horrified and is also hideous and is forced to wear her mother's stage mask for the rest of her life.
-Samrael getting into the longest knife fight of her life with a drow/dragon shadowdancer chick, no one is murdered.
-paranoid Zhent agent tries to convince Samrael to get him close to Ulrik Valis, and almost does work.

As Aiseth:
-Aiseth and Corinn move to Cordor!
-Applying to work at the Ministry of Magic to finance her "Labyrinth" machine. Proposal is shot down.
-Aiseth as a deadly concubine begins honing her skill of Enchantment to make her friends fight each other for fun while she whips them and cuts them with her sickle in hopes to get Loviatar's attention.
-Aiseth moves back to Amia years later and moves in with her sister Corinn who has since become Kohlingen's wizard of the Seven Stars. Joins the Seven Stars as well.
-Aiseth re-opens the Labyrinth machine in Kohlingen and tries to 'cure' patients of their greatest fears by amplifying her charms, it works, but also traumatizes everyone involved. Corinn tells her to try and keep it down so that the knights do not take notice.
-Aiseth begins her academic career of writing books on Enchantment and hosting lectures.
-Aiseth and Corinn have a secret mushroom crop and start hallucinating llamas.
-Aiseth and Corinn have to torch their crop because of some loose lips.
-Aiseth begins tormenting Siferet for sport everytime she sees her, and puts her under charms. They later become buddies.
-Aiseth's academic career also gets her to join Tarkuul's Mage tower, and now works for both the Seven Stars and Magistrum Mortis. Her intent is merely academic, learns quickly of the war of paradigms going on in the islands.
-Kohlingen disapproves and jails her. Faces trial, is asked to leave Kohlingen.
-Aiseth now hates Kohlingen. Tries to reopen a magic tower much like the Monolith for true wizards to practice their arts and learn.
-Becomes vastly scrutinized.
-Aiseth then works for the Magistrum Mortis and assists in Moribund to secure some artifacts.
-Meanwhile, B.L.A.C.K. takes interest in Aiseth and has her join in on some missions to undercover the Cordorian plot.
-Aiseth and Richard become quick friends, and siege the Blood Prison together, freeing prisoners, and rescues some fool named Yossarin.
-Aiseth approaches Yossarin in recovery and asks him to give her the Lyre of Building and scares the shit out of him.
-Lucius warns Aiseth not to see that boy(Richard Johnson).
-Avadon and Richard get Aiseth to join Wiltun, whilst still working under Tarkuul.
-Tarkuul slowly gets aware that Aiseth is working with Wiltun and withholding information about Colin Reyes.
-Aiseth leaves and is banished by Tarkuul.
-Aiseth becomes full-fledged icy left hand of Avadon. Trusts he is the best for dealing with Reyes.
-Aiseth vows to kill Mehrun and freaks out a tavern.
-Aiseth rides a pony!
-Aiseth aids War Knights on Osthavn.
-Tries hard to impress Ardent, does not succeed.
-Aiseth tells Darby's kids a creepy bed time story, and let them play with her familiar.
-Aiseth steals an enigmatic masque and turns Marcus Aurelius into pure gold. An undead army marches on Wiltun. They decide to give up the mask :(
-Aiseth gets put in Cordor's jail, Avadon bails her out.
-Aiseth and Corinn ride an airship!
-Aiseth does Caraigh war things.
-Aiseth and Avadon kill Colin Reyes along with other Arcanum cronies over time. They go on being unsung heroes because they're 'evil' to Kohlingen. :(
-Aiseth and Darby try to fight a Oneiromancer, making Darby some kind of weird Oneiromancer herself.
-Aiseth fights a night hag, finds out about the covens.
-Aiseth smears the blood of a lamb over her face and joins a coven and becomes a witch.
-Aiseth begins drinking the blood of animals and resets the hard work to #MakeWiltunMagicAgain
-Aiseth is hunted for being a witch :(
-Aiseth pisses off a fey in Forrstakkr and is forced to rebuild a shrine in the name of Auril.
-Aiseth also vows to kill the other archmages of the realm, making herself Archmage.
-Aiseth also vows to get revenge of the fey.
-Aiseth gets banned by Howness after her exboyfriend Tom becomes something of a fundamentalist in the name of Howness.
-Aiseth overtakes the Amian Trade Federation and becomes a ruthless capitalist.
-Aiseth swears revenge on Wiltun for turning their back on her after making her oaths. But still keeps her oaths.
-Aiseth is forever alone until she joins Bri and the Barony. They do their best to make something.
-Aiseth is overjoyed at the destruction of Kohlingen, but has mixed feelings of Ulrik's passing.
-Aiseth does more witchy shit and wakes up some ghosts and makes a sword that can chase ghosts and slay them.
-Aiseth finally gets some with Crow. He treats her like a thot though, and redirects Wiltuners to trap her.
-Avadon leaves the land, and Aiseth is heartbroken.
-Aiseth tries to hire pirates to sack merchant ships and give her a cut of the spoils in the trade federation.
-Aiseth gets real pissed at all the adventurers for letting Cordor get destroyed, and almost goes on a murderous frenzy.
-Aiseth reunites with her Wiltun friends, but still is banned, decides she'll just continue to protect Darby and her family.

Think that's about where we are now.

Last edited by Aiseth on Tue, Jan 28 2020, 0:40 AM, edited 1 time in total.

PassionateShadow

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 28 2020, 0:31 AM 

Player

Selling a well known thayan to West Cordor.

"It's easy to feel like a hero. It's a little harder to be one."

Ego680

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 15 2020, 2:13 AM 

Player

TormakSaber wrote:
(A play in three acts)

Richard Johnson Is Broken Out From Prison In Cordor

Richard Johnson Makes Friends In High Places

Friends In High Places (re-)Break Richard Johnson's Leg, And Return Him To Cordor

This little play is easily the most impactful thing I experienced while playing. It was the transition from (relative) newbie to all of a sudden Richard knows world changing things about what's going on with the server spanning Reyes plot, and there was never any possibility to look back from that point. Me and my little band of lvl 15 buddies now had to sort out the mystery and watch our backs, for in the great game, those who don't play are played. A seriously wonderful experience that played like a spy novel. Five Stars.

As for stuff while I was in the DM seat, Like, I get that most of you hated it and apologies, but some of the players in that Ostland plot. You had me on my damn toes for sure. The tree investigations with Siferet and Le'Quella in particular tossed a sizable wrench into my finely oiled plans.

Budly

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 26 2020, 13:42 PM 

Player

My memory is pretty bad of 2005-2007.

But I got a few more from 2016-2020.

Budly standing over Krins mangled body as people wanted to gut him for hellballing in the monks arena up in the mountains. He got lawful points for standing his ground and not wishing for the mob to gut him even more.

Sylveera shooting the eye out of the hag on Hale which ran around in circles, screaming in pain, was hillarious.

Kohlingen burning down, that struck at Sylveera pretty badly, she never seen anything like that siege.

Other situations, not really tied to my characters but that some ended up happening. Budly had plans of uniting people in what he called the "Ardent Shield" for situations like the Horde. As he was Forgeign affairs minister, he was stalwart about making this happen in the beginning until he got depressed and fell back into being grumpy. Months later, if not a year later he tosses people out of a meeting in Bendir Dale and gets pushed out of his position, disappearing...the meeting? More or less the coalition. Pretty much the same thing he wanted to create. Full circle.

There is plenty more I imagine, some I do not remember, some are not meant for the open! :lol:

Azirith

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 02 2020, 9:32 AM 

Player

Walking through Winya looking for the weapons merchant and DM shout comes in about a lost and ''cursed'' tome scattered somewhere on the isle leading to riches beyond comprehension. I think hell.. i may as well check the library while im here. Low and behold my elf Anen Evrion finds a book on the floor labled the cursed tome of count morteguard.

I pick it up and use the once per day, it curses me and DM sends me a msg ''shit son you found that quick, im not ready!''

Anyway a while after, the event kicks off with about 20 players, my character the focal point of the journey first beginning with ships to a mysterious isle with a crumbling castle, we move through it level after level, my character falling further and further to the dark side as we progress with the book whispering to him, puzzle rooms, mazes, a game of wizard chess.. which was the most memorable part by far, this went on for a good hour and a half with the remaining players being the empty pieces on the board, and our nominated champion vs the DM manipulating the other sides pieces, with real deaths of the players struck down in the game! (rezed upon completion of course* DM whooped our players butt btw no contest.

All to come to a head in a final room against the count himself, we barely escape with our lives running out of the crumbling tower grabbing as much of the beyond epic loot as possible as it comes down around us. He managed to escape us and his imprisonment to be set loose upon the isles for continuing events.

This event went on for 10 hours, from finding the book to completion. Absolutely the most enjoyable gaming experience i have ever had within this game and any other. Thank you so much to DM Robertloner, where ever you are. The amount of time and planning he must have put into such an event is astounding, and his talent in the toolset was next level that the things we experienced far exceeded content in the single player game, you really had to be there.

Mushidoz

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 17 2020, 13:49 PM 

Player

1) This be the story of a man named Lithorn. The first people to meet and welcome Saya among his circle of friends was Lithorn. He brought my (then super shy and quiet) character everywhere, and made me part of the server. He introduced me to his friends, which became mine as well. Lithorn, however, was a man strived to be neutral in both mind and bodies, and in doing so, became a palemaster. A good mind in an evil body. Lithorn ended up hunted down, and when his friends became the target of the hunt as well, he went and sacrificed himself.

I still recall that day his friends gathered together to "bury" him. Sharing their memories, and their love for a fictional character that legit marked them. I cannot speak for the others present, but I legit remember crying that night, be it other people's speeches or myself making one. This is by far the most memorable experience I've had on Amia.

2) All the events I organized when on my quest of becoming more fey, and the feeling I felt when some of them produced results (concluding with Saya coming out of a cocoon and growing her wings). Thanks to all who joined and participated, thanks to all who supported.

Nivo

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 21 2020, 11:27 AM 

Player

Apparently, I'm feeling nostalgic. And like the others, I'm not posting one. How can I?

- One of my first DM events way back when. The Monolith was facing a Sharran sect - most memorably was when a Shadow Dragon attacked the tower and a certain sorceress kept the place from falling to the ground (literally.)
- The Monolith having Avadon in their cells, and Fort Wiltun's diplomatic response. They sent a warship. This was when Ulrik was new to leading stuff. This event tipped me to the nuances of politics on the server, most delightedly.
- Strawberries.
- The d'Morteguarde vampire event. How can I just pick one from this one? But if I have to? Ulrik and Nevaeh save young Marcus, at a cost.
- Ulrik's Harper induction. Oh, those (dis)functional days. How they managed to save [redacted], or do any [redacted], I'll never [redacted].
- Breaking into the Minister of Magic's office to steal one of the Undoer Relics. If you are reading this Yossarin...that event still haunts me.
- Ulrik hosts a Spirt of Knowledge. Watching Yossarin play Ulrik was a delight.
- Hunting down Tytalus in Maztica. Seven badasses off to ruin a blood mage's day. Ulrik invoking the Tempus Claustrum.
- Ulrik and Tuomas getting ley'd. (Snicker.)
- The Winter War in Barak Runedar. That whole thing.
- The evolving relationship of Sir Robert and Ulrik. From foes to friends.
- Zelly, Robert, and Ulrik run Kohlingen.

...There are a lot. I'll leave it at this.

Baden Ironblood

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 25 2020, 0:35 AM 

Player

I saw Nivo's name (Hey buddy! I hope all is well!!) in this topic and that it was a new entry so I had to read it. I have always been on the periphery of Amia's plot lines as job and family does not allow me to play full time. Then I saw Azirith's entry and had to reply.

I have ONE REGRET in my time in Amia and it was with my original paladin Jelance Steelrose. I admit I was not good at RP when I first came here and fell under the tutelage of a boss hunter. I played a paladin because it was an easy power build and Jelance had all the good stuff. He was Lawful Greedy more than Lawful Good.

So when Azirith's toon approached me with the Mortegaurde equipment of Helm, Shield, Armor, Amulet and Sword, I traded him LOTS of epic stuff for it. The Sword was obviously evil and it would be destroyed. But the other stuff he kept for himself, wearing and using almost all of it.

It SHOULD HAVE turned him evil and I SHOULD HAVE RPed a new Class and Evil Alignment, but the equipment wound up being literally taken away from him (stripped from his inventory by a DM). Jelance SHOULD HAVE run/ported out some where and turned evil and the RP should have gone on from there. It didn't and his greed wound up killing him in the end. Again, I thank Tormak for helping me one way or another for improving my pali RP.

Hopefully my RP with Jerand has made up for the failings of Jelance. But it would have been cool to see where the RP with Jelance could have gone..........

Estara

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 02 2020, 16:36 PM 

Player

haha old faces... do i count as one? >.> (i remember when we had to make faces like that and now we have emojis)

I remember Krin and Darby and the tree outside Cordor
Jud and the Shrine when I first started on Amia as like a fresh tween
playing nevaeh when she was like a little child and then watching burningout make her a living legend
Veh'dra and Nekhy and old drow days?! omg OOC discussion areas...

sorry am I forgetting the point of this hmm it says IC (and should I be all cryptic like everyone else too??)

The Sewer Break-in (#SanctuaryofSin)
BDSM Massacre (#EvilKohl)
The Knight and The Pirate (Nakomismylove <3)
Sam's Exes (Kamin? Erik? Reese?? God young Sam was a little [redacted]...)
One of Many Matrons (#Tinnerai)
Fantasy Petition (#fakenews from back in the day)
Wererat Love (#unulith)
Harper Discord (lol @ nivo and the nsa-like #redaction see I copied u above but better sir)
Vyashir and One Human's Exposure to Elves (i miss u robertltoner)
Avadon, Darby and The Dawn of Wiltun (#thirdwheelsam)
The Secret Meetings About Time
Alanna, Faith and The Everguards
Bloodmagic and The Bloodsword (too tired for many more parentheses now but <3)
Evondriel, The Fallen Angel

Budly

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 06 2020, 0:10 AM 

Player

Some extremly old curve balls.

The Ve'heers
The odd cloning thing in the sewers that made copies of characters it killed.
Ais was it? That odd asshole lich!
The really old Cordor that got destroyed in a storm basically, which made it into Venice.

Elorathall

PostPosted: Sun, May 17 2020, 14:54 PM 

Player

I haven't played in a long time, so a lot of memories have faded. The two points that I do remember are tied to in-character decisions I still don't know what to think about.

For Elor: this was during the original "incarnation" of Triumvir. Somewhere along the way, Neveah convinced him Cordor/The Arcanum wanted to annex Triumvir. He hid the Cordor-Triumvir portal painting in the temple of Selune in Wharftown - with no positive consequences at all. Things only escalated from there. Paranoids are not fun to play or deal with. That was one decision that, in hindsight, I probably would not make again.

For Aurelius: this was during (at least in my experience) the climax of the Arcanum plot. Aurelius was a Cordor Guard at the time. Using blood magic, they had turned Cordor into a city-wide riot. Right then, the armies of Kohlingen, Brogdenstein, ... arrived at Cordor's gate. Aurelius ran out the south gate and was suddenly faced with (literally) dozens of hostile PC's and NPC's. Choices had to be made. Aurelius chose to run back inside, to the Commonwealth Building, and try and alert the Council. When he arrived, the council building was already occupied by a whole bunch of Kohlingeners. I wonder though.. what if Aurelius had decided to Greater Ruin that small wooden bridge outside the south gate instead? Or if he would just have said "fuck it", stood his ground, and be bulldozed by the Alliance army.

I guess we do remember our mistakes more than our successes, even if they are make-pretend.

Aurelius: Sunmaster of Amaunator. Contemplative. Aspirant to Transcendance.
"Sol Invictus"

Dunecat

PostPosted: Sun, May 17 2020, 17:27 PM 

Player

Elorathall wrote:
I guess we do remember our mistakes more than our successes, even if they are make-pretend.

Perhaps it also has to do with narrative forks, originating from impactful choice.

There are quite a few memorable events. As one example, I recall fondly "Via Humanitas" meeting during final days of old Triumvir.

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Mon, May 18 2020, 11:38 AM 

Player

The Brogendenstein War, where literally everyone lagged so hard the server crashed at least half a dozen times, and a good number of people just gave up. Myself included.

The Ostland Invasion. That really fucked Elwyn up big time, seeing her fellow soldiers twisted into abominations and Rethgaard quite literally painted in blood

The fall of Kohlingen. Another war that messed Elwyn up, it was pretty amazing seeing something like Kohlingen fall in a single day, givne how invulnerable it's always appeared. And the following write-up for my very first character on Amia I had, perma-killing her after 9-10 years.

Elwyn meeting Pazuzu, staring at him unflinchingly dead in the eyes then landing the killing blow on his Champion, after having previously bisected his wings from his body in very, very lucky devastating critical. Also calling Pazuzu a giant chicken monster was worth it, even if it probably nearly get the entire party killed.

Elwyn being ripped in half by a Dracolich back when she was a Jarl-Warden, resulting in her inability to ever have children of her own.

Elwyns slow descent into going full Mass Effect Renegade over the years has been a ride.

The Arcanum War coming to ahead in Cordor, the all-consuming madness making my character do some weird shit, which really, really confused a couple of players who were casually hanging infront of the city hall building not realizing that anything was actually happening.

Aoth meeting Anubis who was under the control of Set, freeing Anubis then watching two actual gods fight it out before fleeing back to whatever was left of Khem.

Discord: Bhaalorian#5715

Strom

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 06 2020, 15:23 PM 

Player

No storied history here:

- My Cordor Sewer Cleaner's crazed machinations to create an undead work-force as a level 7 necromancer with absolutely no idea as to the nature of the cost it would have on his life.

- The entire build up to the Winter War of Brogendenstein. The rift in Winya Ravina which resulted in the White March, where all the Armathora PC's forced the city to respond to the threat by just turning up, was absolutely awesome.

- Rook getting exiled from Winya, and the dramatic U-Turn it'd have on her entire character. Mav's RP on his Feldrake was a huge part of this, and it really made me think about how the character would react.

Rook - Tiefling Witch

Grumdur Bari'Var - Dwarven Raider

Desimir Maric - Spellblade of Savras

Cassius Dain - Scribe of House Gulderhom

Timezone: UK (GMT+0)

Angelis96

PostPosted: Fri, Jun 12 2020, 9:37 AM 

Player

I'd have to say one of the most memorable IC scenarios for me is when Arieme was part of a halfling gag in Bendir Dale, as were several other people, to display illusions of the lot of them dancing naked.

Another was the interactions between Arieme, Saya and Ania during the Pazazu events.

Kamina

PostPosted: Fri, Jun 12 2020, 17:22 PM 

Player

As a player:

-Rico briefly entering the Green Fields with Dallah Thaun and Dicey after Dicey sacrificed himself.

-Captor along with Barak Runedar fighting the Ancient White Dragon on top of the Spine of the World alongside the War Knights during the apex of the Spineshatter campaign during the Reyes plot

As a DM:

-Kohlingen’s reckoning, especially as the west party encountering the Pyroclastic Dragon Barryan as he landed at Greengarden District after Mary killed his eggs.

-Encountering the Dragonbane Dragon, in particular when it re-emerged as the party escaped the laboratory, watching the characters and players panic knowing full well it had the ability to permakill several characters.

-Every time players encountered The Wall and the hilarious dialogue caused.

But my all time favourite DM memory:

-Undercover in Orlumbor, Ania and Torsten found their hidden identities at risk when a covert operation to extract an important Kobold was interrupted by the assault of the Red Dragon Endlesswildfire, which saw them flee the city. However, in one of those “players do the thing the DM doesn’t expect” moments, they stopped at the gates and looked at each other and knew they shouldn’t flee. They charged back in heroically and pushed back the assault momentarily.

unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

Link

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 23 2020, 13:09 PM 

Player

-Valorian, Andras, and The Horsemen of Apocalypse. Those were good days.
- Trying to start the Amian Sentinels...and getting made fun of because they wore no pants and long red capes. In retrospect...I get it.

Jes

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 23 2020, 14:01 PM 

DM

I just wanted to post after you because your name is Link.

But I have so many here... I think the one I remember most was when Riia, Captain of the Weave Knights, called the Golems and everyone back into the Monolith when Sharrans were trying to rip the Monolith apart. She had them fortify the base from the inside, and even had some dragon help. They were able to prevent the complete loss of the Monolith because of that. Was a Yossi plot line!

Also Zelly, when she helped train the gathered army in Barak Runedar in the Winter War. They were practicing their techniques for fighting a dragon and she got beat up in her dragon form, but it was efficient as intended. xD

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

Khylaria

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 01 2020, 17:52 PM 

Player

Link wrote:
-Valorian, Andras, and The Horsemen of Apocalypse. Those were good days.
- Trying to start the Amian Sentinels...and getting made fun of because they wore no pants and long red capes. In retrospect...I get it.

omg, Papa Val! xD (Raine misses all the "old guard" of the HoA, lol)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]