View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ] 
Maverick00053

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 03 2019, 4:13 AM 

DM

I know some of you have seen me talking on discord but not everyone uses discord nor has gotten the whole story.

I have been working on setting up a dynamic system to spice up Amia and the mobs.

I have done a lot of testing and here is where we stand right now.

On server reset there is a dice that is rolled, a 1 in 6 so about once every 24 hours an invasion for either goblins, orcs, trolls or beastmen will occur. A dice is rolled for each creature type individually.

If the dice comes back then a random time between 30 minutes to 3.5 hours after server start is rolled to determine when the invasion will actually occur. There is currently a Militia Guard Scout on the road of the Dale that will give you an update when talked to. He will inform you if the goblins, orcs, beastmen, or trolls have been rather active this reset. He doesn't give you the exact time but he will tell you if an invasion will happen this reset.

I have three almost complete invasions and they are Orcs, Goblins, and a rare currently only DM activated Demonic invasion which presents an extreme challenge and some pretty unique epic loot.

When the invasion is triggered a few things happen. First the area is set up randomly with appropriate PLC to set the mood, mobs from that area are placed in warbands, lieutenants are placed around the map, and a big bad war chief or army leader is thrown down as well. All of these elements are randomly placed and can vary in density, and overall amount by the luck of the dice. These are designed to be a challenge for level appropriate PCs.

Each War Leader, except the Demon invasion instance, will drop Trophy Tokens which will be turned into the Adventurer guild for some unique rewards and epic loot once you gather enough of them.

The goblin invasion when triggered lets out a large server message that will pop up on your sidebar, detailing the sudden army appearing and scouts reporting them. Also a smaller warband will assault the front area of Cordor North. Their corpses will stay after death to continue to be a sign of trouble ahead.

The orc invasion does pretty much the same except a band of invading orcs will rush into the Dale instead of Cordor. The trolls will do the same eventually rushing into the Dale. Beastmen will most likely poke their heads into the Nexus to say hi to the elves.

The demon invasion has a very unique boss mechanic, that some people have helped me test, and some of the other invasions will get that treatment as well. The lower level mobs like orcs, and goblins won't have any unique boss mechanics considering they are already challenging enough for the people at their level.

Some people who have experienced it please provide your thoughts of their experiences. There are a few bugs with the demon invasion that need working out but besides getting into too much detail about that let other people know your experience.

Magiros

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 03 2019, 12:43 PM 

Player

Loving the invasion system. Would not mind seeing it expanded near other settlements too!

Would it be possible to have one reporting scout elf on Nexus due to beastmen. Just would make sense. Either only on beastmen or all.

Jes

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 03 2019, 13:52 PM 

DM

We're not likely to customize it to x place or creature type. There's one dialogue script. We'll likely expand the number of NPCs who report on it, though, yes.

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

Magiros

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 03 2019, 13:55 PM 

Player

Either way is good as long it is not just one reposting NPC. Kind of feel like Brogenstain should have one of these too. Kohlingen and dwarfs need more excktment in their life.

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 03 2019, 23:13 PM 

Tester

This sounds awesome. Definitely gives a dynamic feeling to the threats that exist in the game world and kinda takes the fight to the players.

Now. Someone just needs to roll a Favored Enemy: Goblinoid Ranger.

Maverick00053

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 04 2019, 2:59 AM 

DM

I am going to be adding in an NPC in the monster/goblin PC starter area in Amia B. It will allow you to blue up the invasion forces and fight for their cause.

walnutboy

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 04 2019, 15:26 PM 

Player

Maverick00053 wrote:
I am going to be adding in an NPC in the monster/goblin PC starter area in Amia B. It will allow you to blue up the invasion forces and fight for their cause.

Can you explain a little more with regards 'fight for their cause' please? Also been pondering this, what triggers an event? If a PC being in a certain area trips the event are the mobs scaled to that PC at the time? If so does a travelling level 30 spawn a group of high level mobs only for the poor lower level PCs to be pasted?

Mind explaining it a little more please?

Jes

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 04 2019, 15:38 PM 

DM

Mav literally explained how it gets triggered... >.>

Maverick00053 wrote:
On server reset there is a dice that is rolled, a 1 in 6 so about once every 24 hours an invasion for either goblins, orcs, trolls or beastmen will occur. A dice is rolled for each creature type individually.

If the dice comes back then a random time between 30 minutes to 3.5 hours after server start is rolled to determine when the invasion will actually occur. There is currently a Militia Guard Scout on the road of the Dale that will give you an update when talked to. He will inform you if the goblins, orcs, beastmen, or trolls have been rather active this reset. He doesn't give you the exact time but he will tell you if an invasion will happen this reset.

And 'fighting for their cause' means it'll set your factions so that the invasion isn't hostile to you.

See me DM-side as:

walnutboy

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 04 2019, 15:49 PM 

Player

Seriously, I read that and it doesn't really explain anything to me in language I understand Jes, hence me asking. Forgive my English as well but to me 'fighting for your cause' literally means that and not 'bluing you so the hordes don't attack you'. My point is, last thing want is Joe PC joining in and randomly pvping me 'for their cause'.

I think it just needs a little more clarity, hence me asking and pointing it out.

Jes

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 04 2019, 16:31 PM 

DM

I'm not sure how else you want it explained. I just said that it sets your character so the invading monsters aren't hostile to you. That's all it will do mechanically.

My "he already explained it" was in reference to how the event is triggered. It's random and may or may not happen at all. Player activity has no bearing on it.

See me DM-side as:

walnutboy

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 04 2019, 17:12 PM 

Player

Jes wrote:
I'm not sure how else you want it explained. I just said that it sets your character so the invading monsters aren't hostile to you. That's all it will do mechanically.

My "he already explained it" was in reference to how the event is triggered. It's random and may or may not happen at all. Player activity has no bearing on it.

You just did, monsters not being hostile to you honestly gives a different image than fighting your cause lol.
Okay then, different question then. What do the encounters scale against? I gather the demon one is challenging but I'm assuming that is based on the assumption that the server is populated by max level PCs or to as near as?

thetangerinetornado

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 04 2019, 17:55 PM 

Player

Maverick00053 wrote:

Loving this idea!

Maverick00053

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 04 2019, 18:22 PM 

DM

walnutboy wrote:
Jes wrote:

You just did, monsters not being hostile to you honestly gives a different image than fighting your cause lol.
Okay then, different question then. What do the encounters scale against? I gather the demon one is challenging but I'm assuming that is based on the assumption that the server is populated by max level PCs or to as near as?

They are based on the mobs in the area. So the goblins are between 1 and 8 level range. Orcs are a bit higher. Trolls are going to be even higher. Finally the beast men are around the 15 to 17 range.

The content is for all levels of PC based on the areas once I am done. I do have some extreme difficult versions like the demon one that are made with all level 30s in mind.

walnutboy

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 04 2019, 18:42 PM 

Player

Maverick00053 wrote:
walnutboy wrote:
Jes wrote:

They are based on the mobs in the area. So the goblins are between 1 and 8 level range. Orcs are a bit higher. Trolls are going to be even higher. Finally the beast men are around the 15 to 17 range.

The content is for all levels of PC based on the areas once I am done. I do have some extreme difficult versions like the demon one that are made with all level 30s in mind.

Ah right, so area specific rather than PC specific... that makes better sense now! :roll: :oops:

Maverick00053

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 11 2019, 7:26 AM 

DM

Orc, Goblins and Troll invasions are functional and live. Talk to the reporting scout to get hints on if they will launch that reset.

Maverick00053

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 16 2019, 19:54 PM 

DM

Invasion systems are all in. Goblins, Orcs, Trolls and Beastmen are all present in the server and have a chance to invade an area.

There is merchant now located in the adventurers guild in the corner, he will trade you 100 tokens for 1 of any size ore or the magical wood/hemp.

The invasion recruiter now works as well. He is located inside the brokentooth cave. If he doesnt take your gold after you select an option, click him again and it should do it. He must take your gold for it to work. He will set you blue towards any of the above four invasion forces.

Mind the pvp rules please. Don't be a jerk but have fun.

Last note, the trophy tokens have been traded out for a stack-able version to make it easier on your inventories. Enjoy folks.

Budly

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 17 2019, 17:43 PM 

Player

From what I understand, it is only 1 token drop per "Boss". But this is built for team/party, Which is hard to do when only one drop.

Budly : Has gone to a better place.
Barrililath : Shadowy Drow, probably less Drow than Sylv ever be.

Maverick00053

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 17 2019, 17:52 PM 

DM

Budly wrote:
From what I understand, it is only 1 token drop per "Boss". But this is built for team/party, Which is hard to do when only one drop.

Goblins drop 1, Orcs drop 2, Trolls drop 3, and Beastmen drop 4

Budly

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 17 2019, 17:58 PM 

Player

Maverick00053 wrote:
Budly wrote:

Goblins drop 1, Orcs drop 2, Trolls drop 3, and Beastmen drop 4

So it is built around the "difficulty" then?

Also, is this a permanent mechanic or will it go away in EE or when the Horde plotline is over?

Budly : Has gone to a better place.
Barrililath : Shadowy Drow, probably less Drow than Sylv ever be.

Maverick00053

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 17 2019, 18:08 PM 

DM

Permanent.

PassionateShadow

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 08 2019, 1:46 AM 

Player

These events trigger and cause TONS of lag and cause em to crash.
For some reason I keep getting other PC's made hostile to me when these events happen and I'm in the same area with other pc's when they aren't in my party.

"It's easy to feel like a hero. It's a little harder to be one."

Jes

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 08 2019, 1:57 AM 

DM

Screenshots and detailed accounts of when would be helpful.

See me DM-side as:

PassionateShadow

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 08 2019, 2:53 AM 

Player

It's hard to screen shot things when you crash! I just set something up today to start recording game play as videos because I've crashed so much and lost potential logs form today alone. If It happens again I'll upload the videos of it to you tube so you guys can see exactly what happens.

Maverick00053

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 08 2019, 3:01 AM 

DM

PassionateShadow wrote:
It's hard to screen shot things when you crash! I just set something up today to start recording game play as videos because I've crashed so much and lost potential logs form today alone. If It happens again I'll upload the videos of it to you tube so you guys can see exactly what happens.

I would appreciate that. That sounds like a super weird error. I don't mean to be rude but is your laptop or desktop super old?

PassionateShadow

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 08 2019, 3:05 AM 

Player

Maverick00053 wrote:
PassionateShadow wrote:

I would appreciate that. That sounds like a super weird error. I don't mean to be rude but is your laptop or desktop super old?

No only about 3 years at most.

Maverick00053

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 08 2019, 3:18 AM 

DM

Odd. Alright. Once we get a screen or video we will try and troubleshoot it.

Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 08 2019, 4:31 AM 

Player

Man, this makes me itch to make a new Toon. Must be so much fun to be a low lvl tackling these invasions and have an edge to the environment! A suggestion, would be super dope to see a stretch of forest road with Highwayman and Bandits laying wage. 8D

Maverick00053

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 18 2019, 2:56 AM 

DM

New update is going to go in.

Invasion leaders are going to only drop 1 Trophy now, but everyone in the area when the boss dies will have a 50% chance to get a Trophy as well.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]