View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 24 2019, 6:58 AM 

Player

I am just spit balling here, but I would like to see some sort of a balancing of scales. The Vast majority of my play time availability has been late night times for the last few years. I used to be able to play at peak times when the player base is at it's largest and the server has had the most DM activity. Events, Rp would equal a decent amount of DC's. Unfortunately I have had to leave mid event quite a few times and be assed out of a DC for a while now when I have the chance to be on during prime time.

Now when I can play it's usually unpopulated and virtually no DM presence. The few who do play late night usually roll with UD or evil based Toons that I have come across. I play neither. I'm sure there's a few of us around who run into the same problems. So it's really hard to come by DC's. There's nothing really to do but Adventure. Hence you stack coin. I propose a exchange. One million gold coins, for one Dream Coin. And a limit of only being able to cash in five million gold for five DC's a month towards a request so not to over flood the market. Curious to hear what Dm's and PC's think about this idea.

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 24 2019, 13:40 PM 

Player

I actually like that idea.

It's a small gold sink. Gold sinks are good.

Pinkhaml86

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 24 2019, 13:53 PM 

Player

I like the idea. gold sinks are good for the economy. I also think a million is a good price aswell.

could even implement it into a npc at a bank or Morgan & sons to take the load off of dms. not sure what sort of scripting that would take. But all in all I think it's a fair thing.

The Little Dragon

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 24 2019, 15:09 PM 

Player

I don't agree with that because then you'd be putting dream coins on the same level that gold is on. I think the better approach is using removing the dream coin cost all together is the RP is exceptional. While this would indeed make those who are harder pressed to join DM events and be around when a DM is on, it does allow DMs to get a profile on the rp capabilities of the individual and understand what they are capable of without being around them as much.

"A master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and not to show discord."

Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 24 2019, 19:24 PM 

Player

The Little Dragon wrote:
I don't agree with that because then you'd be putting dream coins on the same level that gold is on. I think the better approach is using removing the dream coin cost all together is the RP is exceptional. While this would indeed make those who are harder pressed to join DM events and be around when a DM is on, it does allow DMs to get a profile on the rp capabilities of the individual and understand what they are capable of without being around them as much.

Having a cap limit of 5 DC's per PC and not per Toon a month, in my eyes will not diminish DC's and there Rp value.

If we got rid of DC's all together, how would we go about obtaining power wrought item requests?

The point of the post is, there are PC's in time zones that make it near impossible to acquire DC's in the first place. This would at least give them a chance to get there hands on some.

Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 24 2019, 20:33 PM 

Player

Pinkhaml86 wrote:
I like the idea. gold sinks are good for the economy. I also think a million is a good price aswell.

could even implement it into a npc at a bank or Morgan & sons to take the load off of dms. not sure what sort of scripting that would take. But all in all I think it's a fair thing.

If something like this can be scripted in the Mod, then I would be all for any toon to be able to cash in a million coin for DC's.

Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 24 2019, 20:49 PM 

Player

The Little Dragon wrote:

I swear, each new time I read your post I get confused on what you are trying to say. As for removing DC cost for rp items. Thanks to Tormack and a few others, there is a DC bank we can draw on. Not sure where number wise we are at now, but we might as well use up there Rp and Dming awesomeness and not let it go to waste.

Jes

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 25 2019, 0:19 AM 

DM

I'm not a fan of this idea, as it does not fix the root "problem" and only helps those who use much of their time hunting. It does nothing for the people who don't like to grind for gold and are still in those low-DM hours. Not to mention the increase in workload and the additional scripting work necessary when we just don't have the time to put toward a "fix" that doesn't even "fix" the problem.

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

Budly

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 25 2019, 0:36 AM 

Player

Got to say, this feels a bit to much like a MMO thing and it "seperates" things from the ic and RP going on. I do not think any mechanics, if possible, should be grounded in IC to OOC like this.

Budly : Has gone to a better place.
Barrililath : Shadowy Drow, probably less Drow than Sylv ever be.

Raif

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 25 2019, 4:47 AM 

Player

I would love to see something like this implemented

I play from Australia GMT+10, i hop on when i put the kids to bed and can play 4-6 hours some nights at what is prime time for us and there is usually maybe the same 3 people on at this time. Imperial knight of Ireland being one of them and certainly no DM's so the opportunity for a DC is literally 0

At the suggestion made 1 million gold for 1 dc which will have a cap doesnt seem crazy to me, if its capped at 5 for the month thats 4 months to get a custom weapon for example.. with people that have the abiility to jump in everyday an event is going with a dm which is usually once a day at roughly the same time they can get a coin a day and do the same thing in a month, not to mention other fun stuff that happens with a DM around or rewards they may receive.

This is something everyone can take advantage of not just disadvantaged people by timezone seperation, will be a goldsink for the community, will promote adventure and hunting which brings PC's together who may have not normally met one another. Will encourage people to actually sell epic items for Gold as it is usefull for something which brings these items to characters who usually would not have obtained them without trading something of value.

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 25 2019, 6:44 AM 

Player

Jes wrote:
I'm not a fan of this idea, as it does not fix the root "problem" and only helps those who use much of their time hunting. It does nothing for the people who don't like to grind for gold and are still in those low-DM hours. Not to mention the increase in workload and the additional scripting work necessary when we just don't have the time to put toward a "fix" that doesn't even "fix" the problem.

I disagree.

One million gold is ... barely anything and you won't get your 20 DCs through gold anyhow, but getting one or two DCs for that DC item would be really nice. And it is not meant as a fix, it is more of a painkiller, and it'd be a good one at that.

I agree on the Scripting work though, I don't know how well that is able to be implemented. In theory I'd think it would be a good idea though, as there is little you can do with your gold otherwise anyhow.

I quite honestly think that 1 million gold is obtainable easy for everyone, even those that barely ever hunt. And for people that do not hunt AT ALL - Well that is quite honestly their problem, they miss out on the chance for Epic Items, and they also miss out on the chance of one or two extra DCs.

Last edited by freaxxshow1338 on Thu, Jul 25 2019, 6:47 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Budly

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 25 2019, 6:46 AM 

Player

freaxxshow1338 wrote:
Jes wrote:

I disagree.

One million gold is ... barely anything and you won't get your 20 DCs through gold anyhow, but getting one or two DCs for that DC item would be really nice. And it is not meant as a fix, it is more of a painkiller, and it'd be a good one at that.

I agree on the Scripting work though, I don't know how well that is able to be implemented. In theory I'd think it would be a good idea though, as there is little you can do with your gold otherwise anyhow

It is barely anything, IF you dungeon. As it is, we are an RP server. DCs are tokens of RP. Not tokens of how well you dungeon or sell items.

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 25 2019, 6:48 AM 

Player

I've gotten DCs for standing AFK in Bendir all alone and playing something else.

Raif

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 25 2019, 7:17 AM 

Player

There was a time a while ago i was unemployed for a few weeks and managed to wake up early and get on everyday at what was 4am for my timezone, i enjoyed an event everyday and a DC every time, sometimes 2 as one DM would jump off another would come on. In this timezone it was always the same players enjoying the events and the rewards.

This to me is not fair at all and i don't see how implementing what is a great idea that basically makes DC coins obtainable for everyone is going to break the game or diminish other peoples achievements in obtaining them through RP as they can also take advantage of this system. Earning them through RP will still be the quickest way and uncapped if the OP suggestion is a template for what could be put in place.

Budly wrote:
It is barely anything, IF you dungeon. As it is, we are an RP server. DCs are tokens of RP. Not tokens of how well you dungeon or sell items.

This is true, its a given. However currently there is a problem with the system being fair. DC coins could also be a reward for playing replicated in the trade off for Gold and solving a myriad of other problems as already stated above.
Everyone RP's, Weather its out in a dungeon or standing around Bendir having a tea party and being rewarded for time spent playing regardless if a DM is watching or involved or not would be a good move to encourage new player involvement and commitment especially before the move to EE and beyond.

Kamina

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 25 2019, 11:10 AM 

Player

All right, I'll bite.

It seems like you're trying to solve two issues which aren't mutually exclusive. I'll go in to them a bit more.

DCs, especially during quieter hours

I completely 100% understand the frustration. We have an aussie DM but even then we're probably not catching everyone under that scope, nor are those hours full of people actively RP as opposed to hunting. Regardless, those who are not active during EU/US DM hours are probably struggling to gather DCs.

I'd like to make a proposal (solely my own and does not reflect the DM team's overall decision). The DM team use a time-based DC system to reward us for our time DMing. Would players be opposed to (completely spitballing numbers here) have say 1 DC for every 5 hours logged, capping at 25 hours a week? Even if people are logging in and afking, which we can always boot people for, it rewards people for simply being active. It's a system that's plausible, what do you guys think?

Gold sink

Gold has a big endgame inflation. Up until you're just using it for supplying your epic runs which will probably always profit, gold is simply for upgrading and trying to stay on top of supplies. The main issue with gold sinks is, fundamentally, they have to be worth doing... which incentivizes people grinding for gold... ultimately bringing in even more gold in to the economy until eventually the demand for that gold sink falters and you're back at square one.

I'm not opposed to a system where you pay a big chunk of gold to roll a drop table for rare items, but the rare items would have to be desirable alongside not completely OP.

I just don't think using gold for DCs is /the/ way to go about it.

unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

Jes

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 25 2019, 11:44 AM 

DM

I would much prefer a time-based fix, as that actually covers everyone who's lagging behind with DM activity and not just the ones who are able to gather millions of gold easily. It may be easy for some people. But many people don't have the time to hunt endlessly when they'd rather be RP'ing, whether there's a DM around to see it or not.

Rewarding everyone for their time is much more fair than just rewarding a select type of player.

See me DM-side as:

Raif

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 25 2019, 12:25 PM 

Player

The time based idea is much better

I love the idea of being rewarded for time invested, it will encourage people to keep playing too which is what makes a server great that it has active players to engage with.

Pinkhaml86

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 25 2019, 12:54 PM 

Player

I'd agree to the time based. as my minion is normally fussy and up during peak time when I'm off work. when I log normally there are 3-5 people on nlboth servers so I log off. if there was more incentive to stay on then I would. and that would be the same for others aswell, making the server generally more active

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 25 2019, 13:01 PM 

Player

Jes wrote:
I would much prefer a time-based fix, as that actually covers everyone who's lagging behind with DM activity and not just the ones who are able to gather millions of gold easily. It may be easy for some people. But many people don't have the time to hunt endlessly when they'd rather be RP'ing, whether there's a DM around to see it or not.

Rewarding everyone for their time is much more fair than just rewarding a select type of player.

Problem with Time based is that there is no incentive to do anything then.

People will just log in and leave the game running in the background, standing in some gods forsaken part of the world..

I much more like the Gold variant.

I used to exploit that in WoW and made insane amounts of gold with an Autoclicker and a Pick-Pocket Macro. Same thing with DCs on Amia with a time based system imo.

Jes

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 25 2019, 13:09 PM 

DM

If people want to log in and get 5 DCs a week by being AFK instead of RP'ing, then they won't likely have the RP or skills to back up what they want to get with it anyway. Not to mention we would likely boot chronic AFK'ers just like we used to when we were running with big player numbers. It wouldn't be hard to put our checks back in.

Frankly, a time-based solution makes people log in. That's good enough for me.

See me DM-side as:

Revak

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 25 2019, 13:41 PM 

Player

Why don't you just have both systems implemented? Whether it's from gold or time spent in game cap them both in a shared pool of 5 DCs per week. I really don't see the problem with sinking a million gold for a DC or RPing/logged in for 5 hours daily that much of a game breaker.

Kamina

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 25 2019, 14:04 PM 

Player

Again, I'm not personally on board with the idea of gold being used to buy DCs, even with a cap. There a many other gold sinks we can look in to.

when met"

Jes

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 25 2019, 14:07 PM 

DM

It would also be a waste of dev time to do both, and you get more for a time-based system than you would for an arbitrarily-tracked per-month gold-trade-in system. One can be tracked automatically, easily, with a system we already have built. The other would require we track them ourselves or spend an inordinate amount of time coming up with a new system for the sake of only a select group of people who are okay with throwing gold around like it's candy.

The only people who should be against the time-based option should be the devs who would have to implement it, or the DMs who would have to track and enforce it and do more request work than we already do because there'd be more DCs in the "market" so to speak.

That said, there is no instance where I will get behind a "buy gems for gold IG!" banner. I see enough of that in my mobile games.

But that's just me.

See me DM-side as:

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 25 2019, 14:13 PM 

Player

Well I guess I'm the minority.

But I'm still 100% for the DC buying.

T0mc4t89

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 25 2019, 14:43 PM 

Player

I remember playing in a server on NWN which gave the equivalent of DCs the more time you spent on the server.

It was usual to see someone just idling on the main city's bench, but it wasn't like over 50% of the server were just idling, or even 10%. And it was just few people who were idling while they were at work irl or doing something else when there wasn't much to do on the server atm.

Last edited by T0mc4t89 on Thu, Jul 25 2019, 14:47 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 25 2019, 14:46 PM 

Player

The DC Time based option. Does that still work if your server hoping or switching characters back and forth?

robbi320

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 25 2019, 15:24 PM 

Player

Is it just me who is a bit sad that DCs arem't really a reward for great RP anymore? I mean, they honestly aren't with the current system, and there's no real way to implement a system like that without favoritism, but still. The point of DCs was to reward people for good RP. Rewarding people for simply attending an event already isn't really that. But a time or gold based system goes against that even further. Like, we're saying DCs have nothing to do with the quality of RP, or even any form of RP at all.

Add that to the fact that DCs are used to buy some items, some of which are arguably a bit insane, it seems like a rather sub-optimal system. I can powerbuild something, grind all the gold, go afk, and then request a completely RP-free Djinn item. Boom. Zero RP for a fully geared powerbuild.

Maybe I'm being dumb here, but there's basically no RP required as is. Why not kill DCs entirely at that point? Make requests only use gold. Time turns to gold my merit of doing something valuable, it gives you a gold sink, and quest rewards could be a bit more awesome, with a heftier gold reward.

Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 25 2019, 15:32 PM 

Player

Robbie320-some folks just don't stack coin like that. They would be shafted out of being able to buy powerful items.

Kamina

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 25 2019, 15:34 PM 

Player

Impknightofireland wrote:
The DC Time based option. Does that still work if your server hoping or switching characters back and forth?

Yep.

It’d be an adaptation of our DM system which tracks it, should we do it

when met"

Budly

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 25 2019, 16:09 PM 

Player

Hey now folks...lets not remove the DC system. I like that we can request flavour items and decent items and simple stuff for RP only. It is all a nice touch to Amia. Kaminas idea is not bad. This also makes it easier to lvl for people who rather not dungeon! I like that idea a lot 5 a month for just BEING online and playing. That I toss on lvling alts or buy stuff that might cost bit to much but still render nice or fun, even useful.

Magiros

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 25 2019, 16:43 PM 

Player

Personally, not very keen on the idea of using gold to get DC's or only gold to gain powerful items.

As Jes said, it would not be a fix in the long run anyway.

Yimmi

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 25 2019, 19:05 PM 

Player

My humble opinion goes towards the time DC rewarding... Personally I dont like the option of buying DCs with gold. That being said I do think we should get some money sink, but DC buying isnt the way.

Also as Jes said there could be some method to prevent afkers from just saying iddle for the reward

We are southamerican rockers, nou sommes rockers sudamericaines...

And DM side: DM Clangeddin

T0mc4t89

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 25 2019, 19:18 PM 

Player

Tbh I like to sometimes just put NWN on background while doing something else, especially if I'm in a quiet area where not many people go to. I wouldn't want to be punished for it. Or that the staff would have to start staring at people are they afking or not. That sounds kinda time consuming.

PuresoulX2

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 25 2019, 19:19 PM 

Player

I don't like this idea of using gold to buy DCs either.

Jes

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 25 2019, 19:23 PM 

DM

T0mc4t89 wrote:
Tbh I like to sometimes just put NWN on background while doing something else, especially if I'm in a quiet area where not many people go to. I wouldn't want to be punished for it. Or that the staff would have to start staring at people are they afking or not. That sounds kinda time consuming.

No system will please every single person. No system will leave absolutely no one affected even somewhat negatively. We just have to determine what's best for the majority, with the tools, resources, and staff that we have.

See me DM-side as:

T0mc4t89

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 25 2019, 19:25 PM 

Player

Jes wrote:
T0mc4t89 wrote:
No system will please every single person. No system will leave absolutely no one affected even somewhat negatively. We just have to determine what's best for the majority, with the tools, resources, and staff that we have.

I know I'm just telling my concerns here too so that they are noted aswell.

Kronox

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 25 2019, 19:40 PM 

Player

I feel having some method, for players whose playtimes do not line up with DM Activity, to gather DC's is a necessity. I see Gold as a two bladed sword and see both sides of it. I would take it over nothing, but I like Kamina's suggestions the most. Time based DC system, and Gold based Random Item.

If the Adventurer's Guild can pull out any epic item for a tournament, I don't think it's unreasonable for them to establish a gambling grab bag where a flat amount of gold they pull a random item out of their stores. Maybe even a small chance for Epic loot for those whose characters, in quiet times, can hunt mobs easily enough but not quite Bosses.

I'm in favor of these.

PuresoulX2

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 25 2019, 20:15 PM 

Player

Alternatives to obtain DCs is a grand idea. However, I do not like any ideas that are borderline mobile game/MMO monetization methods. (Loot boxes, using real money, ect). We have enough of that everywhere else.

Last edited by PuresoulX2 on Thu, Jul 25 2019, 20:15 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Pinkhaml86

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 25 2019, 20:15 PM 

Player

Kronox wrote:
I feel having some method, for players whose playtimes do not line up with DM Activity, to gather DC's is a necessity. I see Gold as a two bladed sword and see both sides of it. I would take it over nothing, but I like Kamina's suggestions the most. Time based DC system, and Gold based Random Item.

If the Adventurer's Guild can pull out any epic item for a tournament, I don't think it's unreasonable for them to establish a gambling grab bag where a flat amount of gold they pull a random item out of their stores. Maybe even a small chance for Epic loot for those whose characters, in quiet times, can hunt mobs easily enough but not quite Bosses.

I'm in favor of these.

pretty much this in my opinion is best

Jes

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 25 2019, 21:55 PM 

DM

I mean... At least having an IC "vending machine" type of thing would actually make sense IC. There's a reason people blind-buy Loot Crates, storage units, grab bags, or those mystery boxes on Ebay. It's a form of entertainment (as gambling is). I'm not wholly opposed to something along that vein being introduced as a potential gold sink - as long as it's completely IC. IC gambling is already a thing, anyway.

See me DM-side as:

PuresoulX2

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 25 2019, 22:23 PM 

Player

Jes wrote:
I mean... At least having an IC "vending machine" type of thing would actually make sense IC. There's a reason people blind-buy Loot Crates, storage units, grab bags, or those mystery boxes on Ebay. It's a form of entertainment (as gambling is). I'm not wholly opposed to something along that vein being introduced as a potential gold sink - as long as it's completely IC. IC gambling is already a thing, anyway.

I can agree on this, for long as it is completely IC.

Budly

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 25 2019, 23:08 PM 

Player

Jes wrote:

What about making one of those high end stores? Like that one in Athkatla, https://baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Adventurer_Mart

This one! That be cool!

Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 26 2019, 4:42 AM 

Player

I dig Kamina's DC time based compromise. Just as long as the Wee bit hours folk have a chance at some DC LOVE I'm all for it. :D

As for the spend coin, get mystery item gambling thingy. Sounds most intriguing. I better not play that shit drunk or I might mess around and go broke! LMFAO

robbi320

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 26 2019, 7:11 AM 

Player

Personally, I dislike loot boxes in LoL, I dislike them in Overwatch, and I despise them in fortnite (well, I despise Fortnite in general)... I wouldn't like to see the same trend on Amia. Maybe that's just me, maybe I'm too puritanical, as seems to be a trend for my posts lately, but eh. It seems something out of the ordinary. Unless it is actually a losing game from the odds, it doesn't make sens IC, and I'd find a gold sink that ends up losing more value than it gains to be rather annoying, personally.

I just don't see the point. If the point is a gold sink, introduce an adventuring tax, or something. 5% of a PC's gold for each day he spends in Cordor, or something, paid on entry, or something. I'd hate to have to log in every day to do my "dailies" and "weeklies", on Amia, and i'd hate to have loot boxes instead of actual, sensible loot systems.

Raif

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 26 2019, 7:48 AM 

Player

robbi320 wrote:
I just don't see the point. If the point is a gold sink, introduce an adventuring tax, or something. 5% of a PC's gold for each day he spends in Cordor, or something, paid on entry, or something. I'd hate to have to log in every day to do my "dailies" and "weeklies", on Amia, and i'd hate to have loot boxes instead of actual, sensible loot systems.

That would just be horrible, a tax for your gold, hard work and time invested, this is a game after all people play it for enjoyment.

No one mentioned daily's or weeklies at all and the game already has a sensible loot system, this idea is just another option that caters to a different play style that may differ from your own and gives another feature for gold. I understand RP is the first priority but this game is based on an adventure setting, combat and dungeons are a big part of it for many people.

If you didn't want to utilize a vendor or trade off loot crate type deal for gold, nothing is forcing you to do this it would not be the only option to obtain high end items, the best will always be obtained through RP and the DC system.

Strom

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 26 2019, 13:04 PM 

Player

Kamina wrote:
I'd like to make a proposal (solely my own and does not reflect the DM team's overall decision). The DM team use a time-based DC system to reward us for our time DMing. Would players be opposed to (completely spitballing numbers here) have say 1 DC for every 5 hours logged, capping at 25 hours a week? Even if people are logging in and afking, which we can always boot people for, it rewards people for simply being active. It's a system that's plausible, what do you guys think?

This is a widely accepted stategy on NwN2 servers, and it's very popular.

For those citing that this diminishes the worth of traditonal DC's. Many of these servers often have two echelons of rewards. Our current DC's largely fall in-line with the basic level of rewards. The internal logic of these being, they would be attainable via your adventuring lifestyle without too much effort, or are the most common maintainence requests.

The rough template seems to be.

Basic Coins: -
Rewarded for taking part in events, or via the game's internal timer. Usually, there will be some kind of system that says; 'you won't get these unless you've been logged in for a 'X' time, and the scripts have detected you've been talking in the chat, or been using the combat engine 'actively'. Whatever active means according to the admin team's decision.

- Rebuilds: (Via NPC in OOC Area) - These tend to have pre-established guidelines, such as 'You can't change your base stat line, or your level 1 choices. You must have atleast 10 levels of one of the classes you already have in your old build. This is useful, as it removes that admin from a DM. Especially useful if you just have players who messed up their builds. Coin Cost is usually free for re-doing the last three levels, then applies a scaling cost for partial or 'complete' rebuilds.

- Pre-Determined Special Items: (I.E: Pre-Establised Lists of Properties.) - Many of these will have an NPC Dispenser in the OOC Area. - So, you could trade in 25 Basic Coins for, a '+4 Keen Vampiric (+1) Longsword of Fire (+1d6 Fire)'. You can sometimes select the properties, in these instances each enchantment is weighted to a 'Power Point' cost against a maximum defined by the kind of item you are requesting. Think of these like 'Yellow Items' we have at the moment just a shade more powerful. So, a longsword has less 'PP' cap than a Greatsword, for example. A '+4 Enchantment' would take up 4 PP, or something, and a Longsword might have a Cap of 10. You can usually name them, via a conversation script, and add a description. -- Would probably need some things like... Stolen or Cursed Item Flags, and certain properties only being available at certain character levels.

- Basic Placable Spawners: Presets, like... A cauldron that acts as an alchemist's table. Or a pavillion with cool armour stands outside.

- Trade In: Trade in 200 Basic coins for a Platinum Coin. This is essentially a 'you've been playing here a long time, so sure have a Platinum Coin. Keep playing, good job!' reward.

Platinum Coins: -
These are your excellent roleplay rewards. They can only be aquired by trading in a hewg amount of Basic Coins, or by DM rewards. These are usually tied to the character they were rewarded to, rather than being account-wide like basic coins. Most of these rewards only cost like 10-15 Platinum Coins, 'cause they're hard to get. Most require good in-game RP to be justified.

- Custom Scripting Request
- Request Custom Placable Spawner.
- Request Non-Standard Race.
- Item Requests Outside the Basic Restrictions
- Anything that doesn't fall beneath the mantle of Basic Coins that requires changes to the module, or some toolset work to achieve.

Faction Coins: -
Rewarded to Factions, for doing stuff that encourages roleplay and participation. These usually require some IC help from DM's such as possessing NPC's from merchant guilds etc.

- Import Trade Agreement: You spend an amount of coins to secure some form of income for your faction. Eg: 'X' gp per month taken from faction chest. Recieve 'X' amount of building materials such as granite, mortar, glass etc. This lets factions use an alternate system for Module Change Requests, whereby they need to have materials before they can build a keep, rather than use Platinum Coins. The logic being, module changes for large groups of people are of more worth to the server as a whole than personal requests.

- Export Trade Agreement: 'X Amount' of 'X' Item' taken from your faction chest each month, if that amount can be taken, then reward X gp to faction chest. Example being: 50 Iron Ingots taken. 500gp rewarded.

- Faction Item: You drop X amount of Faction Coins, give your Faction Leader an item spawner. These items cannot be sold. They are cursed. They place an item into the target's inventory. They can only be removed by being zapped a second time with your faction's item spawner. -- They are the equivalent of Platinum Coin request item. Therefore require a Request from your faction leader to the staff. You may only have one faction item. x1 Weapon or Shield. x1 Armour or Magical Item.

|----------|

This is just an example of one system I have seen, and I'm not saying 'DO THIS'. It's just one system I'm aware of, and could provide some inspiration. I should add, the fact we have any kind of request system at all, is fantastic... So just keep that in mind.

I also have no idea about server balance, as for me D&D never has been - so the examples above might be... stupidly OP. Ignore the specifics!

Rook - Tiefling Witch

Grumdur Bari'Var - Dwarven Raider

Desimir Maric - Spellblade of Savras

Cassius Dain - Scribe of House Gulderhom

Timezone: UK (GMT+0)

Azirith

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 06 2019, 0:19 AM 

Player

is there any more feedback from the team on the time based DC idea, is this seriously being considered?

This would be amazing for us that struggle to hit that magical timezone of DM and player activity, i have never been able to make a proper request for something with DC coins as i have never been able to bank enough of them to do so.

Jes

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 06 2019, 1:16 AM 

DM

It is a serious consideration, but if it is something we end up doing, I personally think it'll probably be something that ends up waiting for EE.

See me DM-side as:

Metalien

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 06 2019, 6:25 AM 

Player

I'm not a fan of this it devalues the whole point of earning a DC.

maglorine

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 06 2019, 10:45 AM 

Player

Raif wrote:
The time based idea is much better

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next