View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Jes

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 08 2019, 15:51 PM 

DM

Because I have to... Translated these over almost exactly as they are in Draconimicon, so they probably need a bit of balance.

>.> I wanna make Mary a Dragonslayer.

DracolyteDescription
Only a few rare nondragons take up worship of the draconic gods. The dracolyte is the most dedicated of these rare individuals, a divine spellcaster who devotes his energy and support to the deities of dragonkind. As a dracolyte gains power and prestige, he receives abilities associated with the dragons themselves.

Clerics and druids are the most likely to become dracolytes. Some paladins and rangers, particularly those with metallic dragon allies, enter this prestige class. Most members of other classes don’t have the religious bent to pursue this path.

Dracolytes often congregate with others who share their respect and faith, including members of many of the other prestige classes presented here. They are outcasts in most cultures, except those that have innate respect for dragonkind (such as kobolds, lizardfolk, and troglodytes).

Requirements
Feats: Toughness
Skills: Concentration 8 Ranks, Persuade: 4 Ranks, Lore: 8 Ranks, Spellcraft: 8 ranks (or more? see below)
Spellcasting: Able to cast 2nd level Divine spells

Restrictions
Non-Dragon

Class Progression
Hit Die: d8
Proficiencies: None
Skill Points: 2 + Int modifier
Class Skills: Bluff, Concentration, Discipline, Heal, Lore, Persuade, Spellcraft
Divine Spell Progression: +1 level of existing class

BAB Progression: +3/4
Fort Save: +1/2
Ref. Save: +1/3
Will save: +1/2

Special Abilities
1st: Prestige Domain (Additional Domain [if possible] or spells based on good/evil?)
2nd: -
3rd: Alertness
4th: -
5th: Foster Dragon (Free wyrmling generic Summon that fits alignment.)
6th: -
7th: Immunity to Sleep/Paralysis
8th: -
9th: Keen Senses
10th: Summon Dragon (EDK feat or free summon reskin for caster class?)

Note: We can up the requirements for balance and to make sure the 10th level is always post-epic if we go with using the EDK feat. I'd say Spellcraft fits this. This would require a DM to pop in and give them the generic summon, but that's no different than when we have to check the alignment/etc. for changing RDD colors.

DragonslayerDescription
They come from all walks of life, from all cultures and societies. They may be poor or wealthy, strong or wise, good or evil, skilled with blade or spell. But all dragonslayers share a singular courage and strength of heart—a necessary commodity in their line of work.

Characters of any class may pursue the path of the dragonslayer. Fighters, barbarians, and paladins enjoy the class’s increased combat prowess against these powerful enemies. Sorcerers, clerics, wizards, and druids can continue to improve their spellcasting ability while gaining new powers suitable for use in battling dragons. Even bards, monks, rangers, and rogues have much to gain from this class, though the dragonstalker class (see below) is often more their style. Multiclass characters, such as fighter/sorcerers or barbarian/clerics, can make particularly good dragonslayers, bringing a variety of talents
to the task.

Dragonslayers have few close associates who aren’t as skilled as they are in the art of battling dragons. Unless a dragonslayer can trust you with his life, he isn’t likely to spend much time in your company. This attitude can lead to a life of solitude, as the dragonslayer travels wherever the cause takes him. A few dragonslayers actively seek out others who share their bravery and dedication, even training those who show promise.

Requirements
Base Attack Bonus: +5
Feats: Dodge, Iron Will
Skills: Tumble 2 ranks

Restrictions
None

Class Progression
Hit Die: d10
Proficiencies: Simple/Martial Weapons, all armor types, Shield Proficiency
Class Skills: Craft Trap, Intimidate, Lore, Search, Spellcraft, Tumble
Spell Progression: +1 level of existing class per odd level of Dragonslayer (1, 3, 5, 7, 9)

BAB Progression: +1

Special Abilities
1st: Aura of Courage, Damage Bonus vs. Dragons
2nd: Overcome Spell Resistance (Spell Penetration feat)
3rd: Damage Reduction 1/-
4th: -
5th: Energy Resistance 5 (Acid, Cold, Electric, Fire, Sonic)
6th: Damage Reduction 2/-, Lightning Reflexes
7th: Improved Critical
9th: Damage Reduction 3/-
10th: Energy Resistance 10 (Acid, Cold, Electric, Fire, Sonic), True Strike 1/day

Note: If the energy resistance to all those types is too strong, could make it so they can pick two types, and lock it to those same types when they get 10th.

Platinum KnightDescription
The platinum knight protects good-aligned dragonkind from their natural enemies, the chromatic dragons, as well as any others who would prey upon these noble creatures. Bahamut, Lord of the Good Dragons, is his patron, while the minions of Tiamat are his mortal foes.

Paladins, clerics, and fighters are the most common platinum knights. Of course, any good-aligned character who counts himself an ally of dragonkind can pursue this class, and has much to gain from it.

Platinum knights often work with other good-aligned beings, including dragons, celestials, paladins, and, of course, characters of other classes who share their outlook. They do not hesitate to recruit assistance when facing powerful evil dragons, but voluntarily associate only with other good characters.

Requirements
Alignment: LG, NG, CG
Base Attack Bonus: +5
Skills: Lore 4 ranks, Persuade 4 ranks, Spellcraft 4 ranks

Restrictions
Good-Only

Class Progression
Class Skills: Concentration, Discipline, Heal, Intimidate, Listen, Lore, Ride, Persuade, Spellcraft
Spellcasting: +1 level of existing class per even level of Platinum Knight (2, 4, 6, 8, 10)

BAB Progression: +1

Special Abilities
1st: Smite Evil Dragon 1/day, Immune to Fear
2nd: -
3rd: Platinum Scales I (+1 Natural AC)
4th: Smite Evil Dragon 2/day
5th: Bahamut's Grace (like Divine Grace, supposed to stack with it)
6th: -
7th: Platinum Scales II (+2 Natural AC), Smite Evil Dragon 3/day
9th: Charisma +2 (can use Great Charisma?)
10th: Smite Evil Dragon 4/day, True Seeing 1/day

Talon of TiamatDescription
The talon of Tiamat furthers the goals of evil dragonkind. He takes particular delight in causing harm to metallic dragons
and their allies.

The talons of Tiamat welcome characters from any class or background, as long as they share a dedication to evil. Former fighters and barbarians rub shoulders with those who practice sorcery or divine magic. Even ex-paladins can find a home among the talons.

Talons of Tiamat may work individually or in groups, as befits their plans. They work well with evil characters of any stripe, and ally with evil dragons when possible.

Requirements
Alignment: LE, NE, CE
Base Attack Bonus: +4
Skills: Bluff 4 ranks, Intimidate 4 ranks, Lore 4 ranks, Spellcraft 4 ranks

Restrictions
Evil-Only

Class Progression
Class Skills: Appraise, Bluff, Concentration, Intimidate, Listen, Lore, Ride, Search, Spellcraft
Spellcasting: +1 level of existing class per even level of Platinum Knight (2, 4, 6, 8, 10)

BAB Progression: +3/4
Will save: +1/3

Special Abilities
1st: Breath Weapon (Cold)
2nd: Voice of the Dragon +2 (+2 to Bluff & Intimidate)
3rd: Breath Weapon (Acid)
4th: Low-Light Vision
5th: Breath Weapon (Gas)
6th: Immunity to Sleep/Paralysis, Energy Resistance 5 (Choose from acid, cold, electric, fire), Voice of the Dragon +4
7th: Breath Weapon (Lightning)
8th: Darkvision, Frightful Presence (Juvenile)
9th: Breath Weapon (Fire)
10th: Dominate Monster 1/day, Voice of the Dragon +6

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

Jes

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 08 2019, 17:40 PM 

DM

Personally, I think Dracolyte and Dragonslayer have potential, if they can be balanced easily enough. If I had to pick one, I'd go with Dragonslayer alongside a Dragon Disciple adjustment to give the 10+ DD 'Dragon' as a racial type. Then Ranger/Dragonslayers can go on the hunt against them, dragon PCs, and Dragonshape Druids. 8)

Also dragon-bloods could take it to enhance the RP of fighting the other side of the metallic/chromatic war. Could be cool, anyway.

See me DM-side as:

Shadowfiend

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 08 2019, 18:20 PM 

Player

Maybe the dragonslayer should be given the favoured enemy (dragon) feat?

Jes

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 08 2019, 18:33 PM 

DM

That is one way it could work, yes! And hopefully Rangers who get the PrC don't already take that one...

See me DM-side as:

walnutboy

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 08 2019, 19:05 PM 

Player

Jes wrote:
That is one way it could work, yes! And hopefully Rangers who get the PrC don't already take that one...

Not that many pve dragons on Amia, so likely not

Kiasyd

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 08 2019, 19:44 PM 

Player

Seeing all those dragons and now wishing Dragon Shaman wasn't a base class... I don't think it's a base class.

Ilharess Tal'afay Tinnerai of Eilistraee
Nithlyvia Shadowflame, Absent-Minded Spellblade

Galenson

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 08 2019, 23:52 PM 

Player

Location: Down Under, calculating your demise with blunt expressions.

walnutboy wrote:

Yeah.... sorry about that. My generation of players killed them all.

I don't really see dragonslayers fitting in the Amia setting as it stands for now: we killed them all. Unless dragons of all spectrums are in hiding (or are introduced with new settings pending the outcome of Amia's future), then there aren't many left to slay.

If Jack ever finds that bastard Rockhopper, there will be one less again.

"I'll think of something once Amia:EE drops."

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 09 2019, 6:45 AM 

Player

I was against more Dragon Classes since we already have Dragon Disciples but Dragonslayer sounds neat

And I like the Racial change to Dragon for DDs idea.

Still against other Dragon Classes tho. We need some more diversity, not more of one niche that is already being played a lot, Sorry again to kink shame you Jes <.<

Jes

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 09 2019, 7:19 AM 

DM

Pfft. You like it.

I do like Dragonslayer because it offers nice flavor and gives people the RP behind being something they want to be. There have been plenty of dragons introduced over the years, even if we only have the one mechanically in-game. They're still a favorite amongst DM events - as they should be, given we're playing Dungeons and Dragons.

And people will always band together to fight the dragons. Good or bad. We've had a ton of dragon fights just in the last year. I know, I know... A class that depends on the availability of DM's and such. But that's why I suggested the change for 10+ DD's. Because dragons are, whether anyone likes it or not, actually intrinsic to the lore and current paradigm of the server. They're everywhere, and Kohlingen is even led by one (PC-side, anyway)!

(>.> Gief me nemises.)

See me DM-side as:

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 09 2019, 7:37 AM 

Player

That's the point tho.

Dragon nerds have enough to play with, should offer something to the people that think Dragons are boring winged lizards without the cute factor. (Totally not me.)

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 09 2019, 8:25 AM 

Player

Galenson wrote:
walnutboy wrote:

Yeah.... sorry about that. My generation of players killed them all.

I don't really see dragonslayers fitting in the Amia setting as it stands for now: we killed them all. Unless dragons of all spectrums are in hiding (or are introduced with new settings pending the outcome of Amia's future), then there aren't many left to slay.

He ain't hurt anyone, you big meanie.

Jes

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 09 2019, 9:44 AM 

DM

freaxxshow1338 wrote:
That's the point tho.

Dragon nerds have enough to play with, should offer something to the people that think Dragons are boring winged lizards without the cute factor. (Totally not me.)

The other classes I just put in because they're cool and I'm the dragon lady. But the Dragonslayer isn't really a dragon class and actually is for people who think they're just winged lizards that should die. ;D

...Also, dragon's aren't cute and they shouldn't be portrayed as cute!

(Unless they're actually little baby dragons and you like baby things. But baby almost-everythings are cute. >.> )

Galenson wrote:

And leave Rockhopper alone! D: D: D: D:

See me DM-side as:

Shadowfiend

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 09 2019, 10:25 AM 

Player

Dragons have been a big part of many events actually, and dd’s might be the most popular prestige class on the server. They have also had several factions around them, and as people already mentioned Kholingen is ripe with dragon themes. It used to be focused around the Triadic knights and had little Bahamut connections back when I started playing.. Point is dragons have been popular on Amia, and I don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask for some PRCs with dragon themes.

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 09 2019, 10:29 AM 

Player

I don't like the idea of Dragon Slayer, as historically, every dragon we've faced on Amia, even the weakest dragons, would absolutely shred a single PC apart, so a PrC centered around it would be, in my opinion, wouldn't exactly fit our setting that well.

Discord: Bhaalorian#5715

Budly

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 09 2019, 11:02 AM 

Player

I think we need a prestige class around that Halfling Culling Great Sword... :twisted:

Budly : Has gone to a better place.
Barrililath : Shadowy Drow, probably less Drow than Sylv ever be.

robbi320

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 09 2019, 11:04 AM 

Player

Budly wrote:
I think we need a prestige class around that Halfling Culling Great Sword... :twisted:

QFT

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 09 2019, 13:18 PM 

Player

Shadowfiend wrote:
Dragons have been a big part of many events actually, and dd’s might be the most popular prestige class on the server. They have also had several factions around them, and as people already mentioned Kholingen is ripe with dragon themes. It used to be focused around the Triadic knights and had little Bahamut connections back when I started playing.. Point is dragons have been popular on Amia, and I don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask for some PRCs with dragon themes.

Why? The Dragon fan community works well it seems, so we should throw some more options out there, otherwise people will feel forced to play with the "Cool" (Actually not cool, since Jes is the leader) kids even though they'd maybe much rather play a ... IDK, Gelatinous Cube Disciple.

And focusing on one single aspect is going to burn people out pretty quickly. I know I can't see dragons anymore.

I'm all yes on the Dragonslayer class tho. It sounds cool.
Also:

Richard_Edmund wrote:
I don't like the idea of Dragon Slayer, as historically, every dragon we've faced on Amia, even the weakest dragons, would absolutely shred a single PC apart, so a PrC centered around it would be, in my opinion, wouldn't exactly fit our setting that well.

A Dragonslayer, trained in killing Dragons, doesn't mean he has killed Dragons on his own. Or that he stands a chance against a Dragon on his own.
But rather, he would be an unbelievably good asset to a group aiming to kill a Dragon.

A Warlord isn't a guy who fights and wins wars on his own :P

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 09 2019, 13:40 PM 

Player

Dragon Hunter might make more sense in that respect, then. And fair point about the Warlord thing. :D

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 09 2019, 14:12 PM 

Player

Richard_Edmund wrote:
Dragon Hunter might make more sense in that respect, then. And fair point about the Warlord thing. :D

But Dragonslayer has much more edge. If you argue against it I'll make a petition to change the Title of Warlord to "Wardude but with shouting stuff." And Necromaster to "Doctor that clocked in far too late."

Jes

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 09 2019, 15:25 PM 

DM

freaxxshow1338 wrote:
...otherwise people will feel forced to play with the "Cool" (Actually not cool, since Jes is the leader) kids even though...

See me DM-side as:

walnutboy

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 09 2019, 18:32 PM 

Player

I like the idea but, sorry Jes, it feels a little... gimmicky? As someone who doesn't pvp if the only use is the odd DM event you happen to be a part off, it's simply fluff and gimmick. If you're adding dragons you can actually hunt outside of events and pvp I get it.

I love the idea of more, monster hunter, type builds and classes... but they need the monsters to hunt.

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 09 2019, 21:14 PM 

Player

lilmarcat wrote:
Frenzied BeserkerModified to fit more in line with standard 3.5 and act as a DPS focused option for Barbarians
Requirements
Base Attack Bonus: +6
Alignment: Any non-lawful
Feats: Cleave, Rage, Power Attack

Class Features
Hit die: d12
Skill points: 2 + Int modifier
Class skills: Intimidate, Survival, Parry - and Discipline (Might need some more options here geeze...)
Base attack bonus progression: High
Saving throws high: Fortitude low: Reflex, Will

Features
Frenzied Berserker levels stack with Barbarian to determine Rage level.
1: Toughness, Frenzy 1/day (As per Amia Ferocity Attack but you get an additional 2DMG per 4 Barbarian levels, suffer an additional 4AC reduction and take 6 Magic DMG per round during rage. The Beserker then suffers -5AB/DMG and -10% movement after rage ends)
2: Great Cleave
3: Frenzy 2/day
4: Deathless Frenzy (When using Frenzy gain Death ward and Negative energy protection effects for duration of rage
5: Frenzy 3/day, Enhanced Power attack (+3 DMG to Power attack. +6 to Improved power attack.
6: Inspire frenzy (Mass haste + 5DMG to allies and self - 5+ 1/2 CON rounds duration)
7: Frenzy 4/day
8: Inspire Frenzy 2/day, Greater Frenzy (Increase additional damage bonus from 2 to 4 per 4 Barbarian levels)
9: Frenzy 5/day
10: Inspire Frenzy 3/day, Supreme Power attack ( +3 more DMG to Power attack. +6 more to Improved power attack.)

YES! ALL OF MY YES! PEGGY WOULD SO GET A REBUILD!
(Actually on second thought it'd be hard to fit that in... Damn... BUT STILL YES! SUCH A COOL CLASS!)

walnutboy wrote:
I like the idea but, sorry Jes, it feels a little... gimmicky? As someone who doesn't pvp if the only use is the odd DM event you happen to be a part off, it's simply fluff and gimmick. If you're adding dragons you can actually hunt outside of events and pvp I get it.

I love the idea of more, monster hunter, type builds and classes... but they need the monsters to hunt.

The class would make for a ridiculously good addition to a Tanky Barb. Even if they can not fight a Dragon every day. Like, I'd take that class even if they didn't have any of the Dragon Bonus Damage stuff or Favoured Enemy Dragon. Barb/DS/KC could work ridiculously well.

Elyon

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 19 2019, 14:21 PM 

Player

Figured a dual-wielding class adds a bit of diversity in things! Something to make it viable defensively in some way like the tempest class? http://dnd.arkalseif.info/classes/tempest/index.html

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 23 2019, 18:31 PM 

Player

Elyon wrote:
Figured a dual-wielding class adds a bit of diversity in things! Something to make it viable defensively in some way like the tempest class? http://dnd.arkalseif.info/classes/tempest/index.html

... That's an awesome Prestige Class. Strength Dual Wield would still not be possible because of the Light Armour Restriction.. But I'd take that class any day!

The Little Dragon

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 23 2019, 19:59 PM 

Player

Elyon wrote:

Now that would would make a dual wielding ranger worth having.

"A master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and not to show discord."

Shadowfiend

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 23 2019, 21:59 PM 

Player

The Little Dragon wrote:

You already can make a dual wielding ranger worth having. Is it going to be top tier? No. Will it be viable? Yes.

I used to have a dev critting drow ranger able to wear cloth armor without losing AC, and with a hide/ms score in the 60’s. Her ab and ac was normal for str characters, and finding the appropriate gear was a hassle, but it was a viable build and could have been optimized to be even sronger.

Just because you aren’t good at builds doesn’t mean it’s impossible to make it usefull.

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Wed, Apr 24 2019, 1:04 AM 

Player

Shadowfiend wrote:
The Little Dragon wrote:

You already can make a dual wielding ranger worth having. Is it going to be top tier? No. Will it be viable? Yes.

I used to have a dev critting drow ranger able to wear cloth armor without losing AC, and with a hide/ms score in the 60’s. Her ab and ac was normal for str characters, and finding the appropriate gear was a hassle, but it was a viable build and could have been optimized to be even sronger.

Just because you aren’t good at builds doesn’t mean it’s impossible to make it usefull.

His point was that there is literally zero reason to go dual wield over sword and shield. Of course you can make it playable. Will it ever be fun to be sub-par to everyone around you and being treated like that IC as well? No. No that isn't fun if you're trying to make a serious character.

Turn down the heat a bit.

Maverick00053

PostPosted: Wed, Apr 24 2019, 1:16 AM 

DM

I wouldn't mind introducing a simple PRC for dual weapons. Perhaps a simple PRC that grants all of the related feats, plus a few bonus feats from fighter, and maybe toss on an extra AB. Simple but effective.

Shadowfiend

PostPosted: Wed, Apr 24 2019, 2:26 AM 

Player

freaxxshow1338 wrote:
Shadowfiend wrote:
The Little Dragon wrote:

His point was that there is literally zero reason to go dual wield over sword and shield. Of course you can make it playable. Will it ever be fun to be sub-par to everyone around you and being treated like that IC as well? No. No that isn't fun if you're trying to make a serious character.

Turn down the heat a bit.

You aren’t subpar everyone else. There are situations where AC is king and you want as much of it as possible, and there are moments where you don’t need much AC and can focus on dealing dmg instead. If you have teammates drawing the aggro then you can flank the enemies and deal more dmg through dualwielding, and if you are attacked then changing to a shield is simple enough. The beauty with taking the dual-wielding feats is that they don’t exclude you from using a shield when that is more appropriate.

Angelis96

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 25 2019, 9:43 AM 

Player

A PrC I would really like as well is something along the lines of a BeastMaster or something for melee PCs. I know there are quite a few Classes that are centered around that in 3.5e so not sure as to which one would be the most viable. But it was something I've always wanted to make. As you can't really make an effective beast master toon as it is short of attempting to use druid and not using spells. But, the Animal companions as they are without buffs from divine spells don't function very well.

Magiros

PostPosted: Thu, May 16 2019, 8:57 AM 

Player

Not sure how to balance this, so leave it to others <3 Class taken from Manual of the Planes p. 28 - 29.

Class name: Planar Champion
Description: "Warrior of a hundred worlds. Mercenary captains of the Blood Wards. Sword of celestial vengeance. The planar champion moves between the planes, always drive to battle. She May be driven by a quest for justice or a thirst for blood, but she is feared throughout the known universes for her prowess.

All planar champions were renowned for their martial proneness before they entered the prestige class, so those classes skilled with weapon gravitate to this class. They specialize in fighting the natives of particular planes, learning as much as they can about their foes in order to defeat them."

Prereqs: Feat: Weapon Specialization, Skills: Knowledge (The planes) = Lore 4 and BAB +6
Special: Must have visited at least two planes before picking the PRC. (Might not work in NWN).

Hit dice: 10

BAB Progression: +1 ( I think)
Fort Save: +1/X
Ref. Save: +1/X
Will Save: +1/X
Skill Points: +4 + int mod
Special Abilities/Feats:
Level 1 = Favored plane (Favored Enemy: Elemental/Outside/Abberation +1)
Level 2 = See invisibility (As Assassin has a spell-like ability)
Level 3 = Attack ethreal (As True Strike? spell-like ability)
Level 4 = Planar survival (Immunity towards chosen element x amount)
Level 5 = Favored Plane (Favored Enemy: Elemental/Outsider/Abberation +2)
Level 6 = Ethreal Jaunt (No idea, maybe small duration Greater Sanctuary?)
Level 7 = Rip Portal (Not applicable mechanically, DM event thing)
Level 8 = Sunder Portal (Not applicable mechanically, DM event thing)
Level 9 = Dmg reduction 20 / +1
Level 10 = Favored Plane (Favored Enemy: Elemental/Outsider/Abberation + 3)

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 25 2019, 23:16 PM 

Tester

As a quick recap for the thinking behind this class:

-To my knowledge, we cannot give an increase to spells-known for custom classes. So any level-heavy gish class results in a generally weaker build overall.

-Most spellsword builds in NWN go 21/23/26 caster and fill in the rest with a melee class and tumble. The intent is to build with that in mind, rather than change what already works. I.E. Think of this as a specifically tailored alternative to Fighter, Divine Champion, and KC levels for spellsword builds.

-Requirements are intended to be things that gish builds already take, discouraging pure-casters simply looking for armor profs with spell progression.

-The ultimate goal is facilitating a playstyle that encourages actively casting and meleeing at the same time, rather than buffing and meleeing. That playstyle will continue to exist for hybrid builds that prefer it through the traditional builds.

Eldritch Champion

OverviewNo less than a half dozen archetypes stake their claim as true masters of sword and spell. And no less than a half dozen fumble the concept, settling instead to alternate between the two tools. Or worse still, sacrifice one to make decent the other.

It is not enough to merely possess the two talents. Nor is it enough to use both in equal measure. True mastery comes in the form of this epiphany: one must strengthen the other. There enter the Eldritch Champions, bastions of the martial arcane. Prodigies all in some manner, many have studied the myriad paths of similar archetypes, taking from them their most useful techniques and stratagem. Hoping then to succeed where others have failed, they continually seek firsthand experience, as eager to dive into battle as they are to delve a lost library or engage in experimental ritual. Thus, they are often found where the fighting is fiercest and knowledge its scarcest, scouring foes with magical steel in one moment and contemplating the esoteric in the next. The most noted of their ilk become steeped in battle-lore and forgotten arts, becoming true masters of their crafts through diligent practice, study, and sacrifice that most could not endure.

Hit die: d6
Proficiencies: "Bard" (Simple, Martial, Light, Medium, Shield)
Base attack progression: +1
Primary saving throw(s): Fortitude, Will
Class skills: Concentration, Craft Armor, Craft Weapon, Craft Trap, Discipline, Heal, Lore, Parry, Spellcraft, Taunt

Requirements7 Levels of Wizard or Sorcerer
Still Spell
Two feats from the Fighter Bonus List
12 Lore, 10 Spellcraft, 6 Parry

Special: This class cannot be combined with Arcane Archer levels and Tenser's Transformation ceases to function for the PC at the 5th level.

AbilitiesLevel 1: Combat Casting
Level 2: +1 Spellcasting Progression
Level 3: Fighter or Wizard Bonus Feat
Level 4: +1 Spellcasting Progression
Level 5: Eldritch Mantle

Combat Casting: As per original feat, plus the following modification. Melee Touch Spells(Bestow Curse, Combust, Ghoul Touch, etc) additionally roll a simulated attack on impact.

Fighter/Wizard Bonus Feat: As per original lists[1][2]

Eldritch Mantle: Through instruction, instinct, or trial and error, the Champion has pieced together a fighting style that exceeds all others, as far as spell and blade are concerned. At the expense of neglecting a portion of their daily meditations, memorization, or recuperation, they focus their efforts upon this work.

This ability consumes one spell slot/charge from every available rank(1-9) in order to activate and gives the following effects:

+1 AB per 2 Wizard/Sorcerer Levels(to a maximum of +10)
+1 Dodge AC per 7 Wizard/Sorcerer Levels(to a maximum of +3)
+5 Concentration and Discipline
+ 20 Base HP per 10 Wizard/Sorcerer levels(via Epic Toughness I, II)
- 25% Arcane Spell Failure Reduction(Ignore up to 25% Spell Failure from armor/shields)

Athame: Custom On-Hit added to mainhand weapon. Your melee attacks lower a target's Spell Resistance and Saves vs Spells by 1. This effect can stack(removable by restoration effects, blocked by Immunity: Ability Decrease).

Full-Contact Casting: Custom ability that triggers on casting. Casting a spell rolls a simulated melee attack at the last enemy attacked/nearest enemy in melee range.

Footnotes:

-The requirements are intended to be thematic, high(compared to just going Fighter and more akin to KC), but ultimately not throw-away. Still Spell comes close, but it makes sense in that you'll get to ignore a portion of ASF later. Still Spell is better as a requirement than a class feature, and ASF is more desirable in the long run for hybrid builds.

-2 Levels of spell progression may not seem like much at first, but for the builds that take it, it's a nice little perk. +2 can be enough to push to you a better Gate or Undead summon, or help you max a spell that has 25dX damage. Full progression is an option, but it possibly adds to the weight of the class and it has limited use for the caster-heavy builds that will use this. Also, a full Caster should still have some spell-bragging rights over someone who goes say 24Caster/5EC/1MonkRogueBard, IMO.

-Eldritch Mantle and its bonuses are intended to be a class feature that takes the place of constantly spamming Tenser's. It's not intended to be an alternative Tenser's. Fundamentally, if you just want to be a caster who buffs and melees for 5 minutes at a time, the classic spellsword routes will likely still be more efficient for you, rather than giving up what could have been a Timesteop, Max IGMS, Extended Mass Haste, etc, in addition to the class requirements. If you're not going to actively cast and melee, Athame, FCC, and the -ASF are pretty much wasted, after all. You've got fewer spells, and those tools are how you make them count for more.

-(Also, just think of how awesome it is to be able to increase the power of your spells by stabbing someone in the face attuning your weapon to your enemy.)

A big thanks to everyone who took the time to give feedback on this!

Strom

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 26 2019, 15:39 PM 

Player

(Original Version: Libris Mortis: The Book of Undead variant, p. 51)

True Necromancer

Class Overview:"Power corrupts. Power over life and death corrupts absolutely. The power to raise an undying, unkillable servant from the husk of the formerly living is seductively, darkly tempting - and certainly evil. Those who seek such unyielding obedience from the dead willingly tread the path of necromancy."

Skill points: 2 + int modifier
Base attack bonus: 1/2 levels
Primary saving throw(s): Will
Class skills: Concentration, Craft Armor, Craft Weapon, Craft Trap, Heal, Lore, Spellcraft
Spell Casting: True Necromancer levels stack with cleric levels for the purposes of casting spells with the necromancy spell school.

Requirements:Alignment: Any Non-Good
Skills: Lore 8 ranks, Spellcraft 8 ranks, Intimidate 4 ranks.
Feats: Spell Focus (necromancy), Iron Will
Spells: Able to cast level 3 spells.
Special: Able to Turn Undead.
Special: Access to the Death domain.

Class Abilities:Level 1: Necromantic Prowess(Ex): A true necromancer gains unsurpassed power over death. When she rebukes undead, casts a necromancy spell, or uses a spell-like ability that mimics a necromancy spell, her effective caster level increases. The bonuses scale as +1 at 1st level, +2 at 3rd level, +3 at 5th level.

Level 2: Animate Minion(Su): You gain a Skeleton familiar, which benefits from Necromantic Prowess. Your combined Cleric and True Necromancer level are used to establish the strength of the familiar.

Level 3: Aura of Desecration(Su): Every undead creature entering this desecrated area gains a +1 profane bonus on attack rolls, damage rolls, and saving throws; which improves by +1 per Charisma modifier, to a maximum of True Necromancer level. They gain +1 regeneration. Their turn resistance also improves by +3. They loose these benefits if they leave the aura. (20ft Radius.)

Level 4: Unholy Might(Sp): The True Necromancer may cast 'Aura of Vitality' 2/day, with a Caster Level equal to her Character Level. This ability only effects the True Necromancer and allied undead in the area.

Level 5: Create Undead [Duration: 1 Round / CL]

• CL 1 – 8 : Mohrg
• CL 9 – 14 : Wraith
• CL 15 – 19 : Dread Wraith
• CL 20 – 23 : Wight
• CL 24 - 27 : Mummy
• CL 28+ : Greater Mummy

••The True Necromancer gains their Necromantic Prowess when using this ability.

Notes:

• This is more like a homage to the original True Necromancer, which was effectively a Mystic Theurge for your undead enthusiast. But, it had a desecration aura, which was a great bit of fluff, so just ran with that.
• Could remove the necessity to have the Death Domain, or also open it up to Repose. -- In which case, the Desecration Aura would probably be a chilling, but not necessarily evil effect granted by that God, so you didn't have loads of Kelemvorites running around with unholy auras.

Rook - Tiefling Witch

Grumdur Bari'Var - Dwarven Raider

Desimir Maric - Spellblade of Savras

Cassius Dain - Scribe of House Gulderhom

Timezone: UK (GMT+0)

Last edited by Strom on Wed, Aug 07 2019, 8:57 AM, edited 2 times in total.

LastDragonRider

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 29 2019, 2:00 AM 

Player

Location: Somewhere... anywhere.. not here...maybe there... (GMT -8)

lilmarcat wrote:

Frenzied BeserkerModified to fit more in line with standard 3.5 and act as a DPS focused option for Barbarians
Requirements
Base Attack Bonus: +6
Alignment: Any non-lawful
Feats: Cleave, Rage, Power Attack

Class Features
Hit die: d12
Class skills: Intimidate, Survival, Parry - and Discipline (Might need some more options here geeze...)
Base attack bonus progression: High
Saving throws high: Fortitude low: Reflex, Will

Features
Frenzied Berserker levels stack with Barbarian to determine Rage level.
1: Toughness, Frenzy 1/day (As per Amia Ferocity Attack but you get an additional 2DMG per 4 Barbarian levels, suffer an additional 4AC reduction and take 6 Magic DMG per round during rage. The Beserker then suffers -5AB/DMG and -10% movement after rage ends)
2: Great Cleave
3: Frenzy 2/day
4: Deathless Frenzy (When using Frenzy gain Death ward and Negative energy protection effects for duration of rage
5: Frenzy 3/day, Enhanced Power attack (+3 DMG to Power attack. +6 to Improved power attack.
6: Inspire frenzy (Mass haste + 5DMG to allies and self - 5+ 1/2 CON rounds duration)
7: Frenzy 4/day
8: Inspire Frenzy 2/day, Greater Frenzy (Increase additional damage bonus from 2 to 4 per 4 Barbarian levels)
9: Frenzy 5/day
10: Inspire Frenzy 3/day, Supreme Power attack ( +3 more DMG to Power attack. +6 more to Improved power attack.)

The Frenzied Berserker is good, but it becomes a balance issue if it's allowed to be combined with Weapon Master, and since becoming a Weapon Master requires dedication and focus on a specific weapon, the Frenzied Berserker should not be allowed to be taken with Weapon Master, either or, but not both.

Sir Khayri Aphaeleon ~ Avenger of Hoar, Knight of Fort Cystana

TheCortroy

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 03 2019, 2:24 AM 

Player

Something for the baddies.

Class name: Shadow Adept (Prestige)

Description: Shadow adepts hurl themselves into the abyss of the Shadow Weave, immediately acquiring all the gifts available to casual students and discovering secrets unavailable to all but the most dedicated. They gain spells as their normal primary casting class would.

Prereqs: One spell focus into Necromancy, Enchantment, or Illusion. Shadow Weave Magic (DM approval or custom feat)

Restrictions: Evil/Neutral only
Ability to cast 3rd-level arcane or divine spells.
+8 Spellcraft and Lore

BAB Progression: 1/2
- Mage Saving Throws
Skill Points: 3 + intelligence mod
Spellcraft, Concentration, Healing, Lore, Bluff, Use Magic Device

Special Abilities/Feats:
Level 1 = Shadow Defense +1, Low Light Vision (Shadow Defense; Add this value to a shadow adept's saving throws against spells from the schools of Enchantment, Illusion, and Necromancy, and spells with the darkness descriptor.)
Level 2 =Metamagic feat
Level 3 =Spell Power +1 (: Add this value to the DC for the saving throws and to caster level checks to overcome spell resistance for spells the shadow adept casts from the schools of Enchantment, Illusion, or Necromancy, and spells with the darkness descriptor. This stacks with other spell power effects that affect the specified spells.)
Level 4 = Shadow Shield ( On the 4th level of the shadow adept PRC gain a special supernatural ability to conjure a shield of shadows around you. While in this effect you gain 30% concealment, and a 20 + shadow adept prc level to stun any melee attacker for 2 rounds. Lasts one round per Shadow Adept level.)
Level 5 = Metamagic Feat, Shadow Defense + 2
Level 6 = Spell Power + 2
Level 7 = Shadow Walk, Darkvision. (Shadowalk can be emulated by the shadowdancer jump)
Level 8 = Shadow Defense +3, Greater Shadow Shield (Adds 20 spell resistance increasing 1 every Shadow Adept Level during the duration of the shield)
Level 9 = Spell Power + 3, Greater/Normal spell focus illusion, necromancy, or enchantment
Level 10 = Shadow Double (Once per day, a shadow adept can use a standard action to create a double of himself woven from shadowstuff. The double has the ability scores, base AC, hit points, saves, and attack bonuses as its creator, but no equipment. The Shadow Adept enters invisibility when he uses this effect

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 03 2019, 15:09 PM 

Player

Strom wrote:

True Necromancer

Class Overview:"Power corrupts. Power over life and death corrupts absolutely. The power to raise an undying, unkillable servant from the husk of the formerly living is seductively, darkly tempting - and certainly evil. Those who seek such unyielding obedience from the dead willingly tread the path of necromancy."

Class skills: Concentration, Craft Armor, Craft Weapon, Craft Trap, Heal, Lore, Spellcraft
Spell Casting: True Necromancer levels stack with cleric levels for the purposes of casting spells with the necromancy spell school.

Class Abilities:Level 1: Animate Minion(Su): You gain a Skeleton familiar, which benefits from Necromantic Prowess. Your combined Cleric and True Necromancer level are used to establish the strength of the familiar.

Level 2: Necromantic Prowess(Ex): A true necromancer gains unsurpassed power over death. When she rebukes undead, casts a necromancy spell, or uses a spell-like ability that mimics a necromancy spell, her effective caster level increases. The bonus is +1 at 1st level, +2 at 3rd level, +3 at 5th level.

Level 3: Aura of Desecration(Su): Every undead creature entering this desecrated area gains a +1 profane bonus on attack rolls, damage rolls, and saving throws; which improves by +1 per Charisma modifier, to a maximum of True Necromancer level. They gain +1 regeneration. Their turn resistance also improves by +3. They loose these benefits if they leave the aura. (20ft Radius.)

Level 4: Unholy Might(Sp): The True Necromancer may cast 'Aura of Vitality' 2/day, with a Caster Level equal to her Character Level. This ability only effects the True Necromancer and allied undead in the area.

Notes:

• This is more like a homage to the original True Necromancer, which was effectively a Mystic Theurge for your undead enthusiast. But, it had a desecration aura, which was a great bit of fluff, so just ran with that.
• Could remove the necessity to have the Death Domain, or also open it up to Repose. -- In which case, the Desecration Aura would probably be a chilling, but not necessarily evil effect granted by that God, so you didn't have loads of Kelemvorites running around with unholy auras.

Quote:
Level 2: Necromantic Prowess(Ex): A true necromancer gains unsurpassed power over death. When she rebukes undead, casts a necromancy spell, or uses a spell-like ability that mimics a necromancy spell, her effective caster level increases. The bonus is +1 at 1st level, +2 at 3rd level, +3 at 5th level.

Unless I'm mistaken, this would give a 25/5 build both the Winterwight and the Entropic Reaper as well as the option to take the Pharaoh Sentinel. This gives them the three most powerful undead summons in the game.

Assuming that the PMs ability to summon the Winterwight comes from the Create Greater Undead summon pool rather than tied specifically to PM class itself, obviously.

ucfgoose

PostPosted: Wed, Aug 07 2019, 8:10 AM 

Developer

Thought on the cavalry class:

I, for one, really like the idea of the cavalry PrC. I am interested in making one but I feel that it is a little lacking based on what you get for what you give up and would like to see a little extra added to it.

What you get: At five levels of the class you get the following: Up to +6 AC (contingent on ranks in the skill) from Ride, 30% faster movement, and 200 temporary HP, all while mounted which can be used up to 3x per day, pretty horse.

As far as the temp HP goes, you can lose all of that in anything from a few rounds to one healthy shot. That leaves the speed which is good but not great and the +6 AC which would be easily replaced by tumble on non-mounted class. You also can't use ranged weapons unless you take two otherwise useless feats.

Compare the above to what you could get by going 5 levels in the PrC already existing that you could get in exchange.

Master Scout: Pro: 10 more skill points, 4 more points of reflex save, uncanny dodge, temp bonus to saves, perma freedom, bonus to hide/MS in wilderness, potions/bombs/weapon essences, tumble AC, two bonus (possibly epic) feats. Con: 20 fewer HP at max, 20-30% speed reduction depending on area, -2 to +2 difference in AB based on area and level taken, no pretty horse.

Knight Commander: Pro: 4 more points will save, grant AC to one ally, grab aggro or cause an enemy to go flat-footed and clear action queue, auras (can cause damage, heal, slow, lower resistances, or make immune to a multitude of effects.) Con: No bonus AC from skills, no bonus speed, and no pretty horse.

Then, when you take into effect the new PrC that are being added for five levels it starts to get ugly.

Warslinger: Pro: Three bonus feats including possible EWS, free imp crit and called shot, crafting nifty ammo, tumble AC. Cons: No bonus speed, no pretty horse.

Two weapon fighter: Pro: Free ambidexterity/TWF/ITWF/Epic Prowess, +4 AC, +2 to +4 AB when dual-wielding two medium (small) weapons on a medium (small) character or double-sided weapon on a medium character. Cons: Feat requirements, no bonus AC from skills, no bonus speed, and no pretty horse.

Field Medicus: Pro: Unlimited +5 regen, unlimited +3 saves, unlimited 50 THP, +4 will saves, 5 more skill points, strong soul, iron will, great fort, perfect health, two bonus feats that can be used on epic feats, and mondo heal kits. Con: -2 AB if taken pre epic, no bonus AC, heal kits aren't cheap, no bonus speed, and no pretty horse.

Monk with Path of Enlightenment: Pro: +10 skill points, + tons of saves, +4 monk AC, tumble AC, at least one more APR, possibility of conceal + freedom, elemental resistance + elemental damage, regeneration + death immunity, damage resistance, spell + magic damage resistance, or AC + AB + DR + haste. Cons: Have to take a metric buttload of monk, lower HP, and no pretty horse.

To me the trade off is seemingly not worth it outside of an aesthetic standpoint. There are a few things that could be done that would help remedy this. I would like to outline those below and my reasoning behind those thoughts. Not all should be implemented together since that would be crazy.

+3 to +5 dodge AC: You're on a horse! You're not like those ground dwellers and your elevated position makes you as the rider harder to hit. Yes, this stacks but that is exactly the point; it is supposed to be a bonus, not a replacement for gear. Consider the +4 shield bonus from the TWF PrC.

+2 AB: Your elevated position means that your enemies need to fight someone in a position where they aren't used to doing so and this makes it harder to defend against you.

Bonus feats: This class emulates fighter in a lot of ways, with the exception of adding taunt and intimidate as class skills. Adding fighter bonus feats at levels 1, 3, and 5 like the warslinger gets (even without EWS being available) would add to the utility of the class and allow those interested in archery from horseback to do it without gimping the rest of their build if they choose to go non-fighter or add great strength to boost carry capacity by stashing things in saddlebags.

Bonus damage: Nothing crazy, but +4 would be a decent boost.

Expeditious Retreat/Blinding Speed: Allow ER to be used up to three times a rest and/or BS for one. You should be able to push your horse to close the gap without gaining any bonus to attacks or AC and/or be able to push to get out of Dodge while your enemies have a harder time hitting you. Both are fairly limited in duration as you don't want to kill your animal from exhaustion.

There could be more but it's late and I'm tired. You know where to find me if you wanna rap about this.

Kuria - Lawful Misunderstood

Tyrone Stormont - Diplomat

Strom

PostPosted: Wed, Aug 07 2019, 8:40 AM 

Player

Richard_Edmund wrote:
Strom wrote:

True Necromancer

Class Abilities:Level 1: Necromantic Prowess(Ex): A true necromancer gains unsurpassed power over death. When she rebukes undead, casts a necromancy spell, or uses a spell-like ability that mimics a necromancy spell, her effective caster level increases. The bonus is +1 at 1st level, +2 at 3rd level, +3 at 5th level.

Level 2: Animate Minion(Su): You gain a Skeleton familiar, which benefits from Necromantic Prowess. Your combined Cleric and True Necromancer level are used to establish the strength of the familiar.

Notes:

Quote:

Unless I'm mistaken, this would give a 25/5 build both the Winterwight and the Entropic Reaper as well as the option to take the Pharaoh Sentinel. This gives them the three most powerful undead summons in the game.

Assuming that the PMs ability to summon the Winterwight comes from the Create Greater Undead summon pool rather than tied specifically to PM class itself, obviously.

Funnily enough, I figured that would be too much, so took a look. Which is why that pool draws from 'Create Undead', rather than 'Create Greater Undead'. Here are the differences: -

Create Undead [Duration: 1 Round / CL]

• The Palemaster gains a bonus +2 to CL when using this ability.
• The summoned undead gains +4 to Turn Resistance.

Create Greater Undead [Duration: 1 Turn / CL]

• CL 24 – 27 : Mummy
• CL 28 - 31 : Greater Mummy
• CL 32+ : Winterwight

• The Palemaster gains a bonus +3 to CL when using this ability.
• The summoned undead gains +6 to Turn Resistance.

So, basically, 'Create Undead' is confined to rounds instead of turns and doesn't get the Winter Wight. Maybe rounds would be too short for epic, unless we added some caveat that ESF: Necromancy modified the rounds -> turns.

Note: Due to the scaling making no sense, swapped Necromantic Prowess and Animate Minion on the primary post, and this one.

Rook - Tiefling Witch

Grumdur Bari'Var - Dwarven Raider

Desimir Maric - Spellblade of Savras

Cassius Dain - Scribe of House Gulderhom

Timezone: UK (GMT+0)

Kronox

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 12 2019, 17:35 PM 

Player

ucfgoose wrote:
Thought on the cavalry class:

I, for one, really like the idea of the cavalry PrC. I am interested in making one but I feel that it is a little lacking based on what you get for what you give up and would like to see a little extra added to it.

What you get: At five levels of the class you get the following: Up to +6 AC (contingent on ranks in the skill) from Ride, 30% faster movement, and 200 temporary HP, all while mounted which can be used up to 3x per day, pretty horse.

As far as the temp HP goes, you can lose all of that in anything from a few rounds to one healthy shot. That leaves the speed which is good but not great and the +6 AC which would be easily replaced by tumble on non-mounted class. You also can't use ranged weapons unless you take two otherwise useless feats.

Compare the above to what you could get by going 5 levels in the PrC already existing that you could get in exchange.

Master Scout: Pro: 10 more skill points, 4 more points of reflex save, uncanny dodge, temp bonus to saves, perma freedom, bonus to hide/MS in wilderness, potions/bombs/weapon essences, tumble AC, two bonus (possibly epic) feats. Con: 20 fewer HP at max, 20-30% speed reduction depending on area, -2 to +2 difference in AB based on area and level taken, no pretty horse.

Knight Commander: Pro: 4 more points will save, grant AC to one ally, grab aggro or cause an enemy to go flat-footed and clear action queue, auras (can cause damage, heal, slow, lower resistances, or make immune to a multitude of effects.) Con: No bonus AC from skills, no bonus speed, and no pretty horse.

Then, when you take into effect the new PrC that are being added for five levels it starts to get ugly.

Warslinger: Pro: Three bonus feats including possible EWS, free imp crit and called shot, crafting nifty ammo, tumble AC. Cons: No bonus speed, no pretty horse.

Two weapon fighter: Pro: Free ambidexterity/TWF/ITWF/Epic Prowess, +4 AC, +2 to +4 AB when dual-wielding two medium (small) weapons on a medium (small) character or double-sided weapon on a medium character. Cons: Feat requirements, no bonus AC from skills, no bonus speed, and no pretty horse.

Field Medicus: Pro: Unlimited +5 regen, unlimited +3 saves, unlimited 50 THP, +4 will saves, 5 more skill points, strong soul, iron will, great fort, perfect health, two bonus feats that can be used on epic feats, and mondo heal kits. Con: -2 AB if taken pre epic, no bonus AC, heal kits aren't cheap, no bonus speed, and no pretty horse.

Monk with Path of Enlightenment: Pro: +10 skill points, + tons of saves, +4 monk AC, tumble AC, at least one more APR, possibility of conceal + freedom, elemental resistance + elemental damage, regeneration + death immunity, damage resistance, spell + magic damage resistance, or AC + AB + DR + haste. Cons: Have to take a metric buttload of monk, lower HP, and no pretty horse.

To me the trade off is seemingly not worth it outside of an aesthetic standpoint. There are a few things that could be done that would help remedy this. I would like to outline those below and my reasoning behind those thoughts. Not all should be implemented together since that would be crazy.

+3 to +5 dodge AC: You're on a horse! You're not like those ground dwellers and your elevated position makes you as the rider harder to hit. Yes, this stacks but that is exactly the point; it is supposed to be a bonus, not a replacement for gear. Consider the +4 shield bonus from the TWF PrC.

+2 AB: Your elevated position means that your enemies need to fight someone in a position where they aren't used to doing so and this makes it harder to defend against you.

Bonus feats: This class emulates fighter in a lot of ways, with the exception of adding taunt and intimidate as class skills. Adding fighter bonus feats at levels 1, 3, and 5 like the warslinger gets (even without EWS being available) would add to the utility of the class and allow those interested in archery from horseback to do it without gimping the rest of their build if they choose to go non-fighter or add great strength to boost carry capacity by stashing things in saddlebags.

Bonus damage: Nothing crazy, but +4 would be a decent boost.

Expeditious Retreat/Blinding Speed: Allow ER to be used up to three times a rest and/or BS for one. You should be able to push your horse to close the gap without gaining any bonus to attacks or AC and/or be able to push to get out of Dodge while your enemies have a harder time hitting you. Both are fairly limited in duration as you don't want to kill your animal from exhaustion.

There could be more but it's late and I'm tired. You know where to find me if you wanna rap about this.

Goose's post made me look at Cavalry a little closer myself, and I do think it could use a little tweaking as well, potentially. Here are my thoughts.

I do think it's worth mentioning that the THP is effectively tripled per rest period, so even though it's 200 at a time, it's still 600 per rest cycle.

I looked at movement speed and compared the increase to PnP. 30% is equal to 9th level Monk which is +30 move speed, right on par with a Riding Horse or Light War Horse. I imagine most of these horses would be portrayed as a heavier version, so you're getting more move speed than what I imagine most would logically be. That being said, if we wanted to look at maybe having an option for a Heavy Warhorse that only adds +20% move speed but adds more THP, or the Light War Horse which has the +30% move speed but standard THP, that could be something. Perhaps the Heavy War Horse providing a small bonus to damage while the Light a small bonus to AC.

Flat Dodge AC I don't see really fixing what was brought up or close the power gap. You're still within the meta of most STR Plate and Shield warriors. Having the Heavy vs Light application for more THP or AC is still viable, though, maybe.

AB Increase: I do like this, and it seems other servers do, as well. Attacking from horseback is advantageous.

Bonus Feats: I think the point made about Warslinger is applicable here, and some bonus feats largely to mounted combat would be reasonable.

Bonus Damage: Could be a flat addition, but I think it would be better as a trade off via Heavy vs Light, as well to not beef up the class too much. I also think it could be implemented via a Charge Mechanic that I'll throw out here, but I have minimal scripting knowledge so absolute grain of salt.

Similar to the idea of Expeditious Retreat of Blinding Speed, which I do like, since ordinarily you could have your mount use the double-move/dash/sprint action for more speed, if it's possible to have one click add multiple effects, perhaps a Charge ability that effectively grants Expeditious Retreat CL 5 as well as an AB/Damage bonus.
A couple of uses of that per day can really give the class that feel of charging into the mob and bursting down that priority target, or heavens forbid an actual cavalry of people rushing down targets.

Shadowfiend

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 03 2019, 14:52 PM 

Player

A neat idea in my head would be to add a crafting menu for poisons, and maybe trap upgrades as well for assassins and Black Guards similar to what Master Scout has.

Pinkhaml86

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 03 2019, 15:49 PM 

Player

I'd like to bring jes's dragon slayer back into conversation......

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2