| AMIA ARCHIVE https://www.amiaworld.net/phpBB3/ |
|
| Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition to be removed from GoG https://www.amiaworld.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=90783 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Budly [ Thu, Oct 11 2018, 10:10 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition to be removed from GoG |
I just saw this in a NWN group on facebook. https://www.gog.com/forum/general/never ... 11th/page1 So I see this as bad news. I guess it's time to buy an extra pair of NWN for a friend who is potentially on the fence to join! If people could just let things be. EDIT: I posted this bit late to, I just saw it on the 11th. Perhaps timezones can save some as they get a spare copy or similar. Old copies will stay from what I understand, in the library. |
|
| Author: | T0mc4t89 [ Thu, Oct 11 2018, 10:24 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition to be removed from Go |
You will still get the Diamond Edition if you purchase Enhanced Edition from GOG when they release it there. Quote: This Thursday (October 11th) will see the release of Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition. This means we will no longer be selling the original Neverwinter Nights Diamond. Neverwinter Nights Diamond will be included in the Enhanced Edition as a bonus. So it's not really a loss. |
|
| Author: | Budly [ Thu, Oct 11 2018, 10:27 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition to be removed from Go |
Well, even more reason to buy EE in the future I guess. Thank you for pointing that out. People did sound very down about it but I guess they ignored that part. I scanned it over quickly myself, missing that. |
|
| Author: | Duskryn [ Thu, Oct 11 2018, 17:47 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition to be removed from Go |
T0mc4t89 wrote: You will still get the Diamond Edition if you purchase Enhanced Edition from GOG when they release it there. Quote: This Thursday (October 11th) will see the release of Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition. This means we will no longer be selling the original Neverwinter Nights Diamond. Neverwinter Nights Diamond will be included in the Enhanced Edition as a bonus. So it's not really a loss. Glad I got both, enhanced on steam, wish amia would go enhanced |
|
| Author: | Naivatkal [ Sun, Oct 14 2018, 2:32 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition to be removed from Go |
I like how people are in that GoG thread bitching about the lack of notice. I would bet Beamdog gave them a sudden 'take it down or else' notice and GoG had to quickly remove it. Duskryn wrote: Glad I got both, enhanced on steam, wish amia would go enhanced Per the big thread in GD, people are working on a portal to allow EE folks to connect to our non-EE server. Unless you mean a full conversion, which would require a hilariously huge amount of work to pull off. |
|
| Author: | Budly [ Sun, Oct 14 2018, 10:18 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition to be removed from Go |
Naivatkal wrote: I like how people are in that GoG thread bitching about the lack of notice. I would bet Beamdog gave them a sudden 'take it down or else' notice and GoG had to quickly remove it. Duskryn wrote: Glad I got both, enhanced on steam, wish amia would go enhanced Per the big thread in GD, people are working on a portal to allow EE folks to connect to our non-EE server. Unless you mean a full conversion, which would require a hilariously huge amount of work to pull off. Yeah im pretty sure Beamdog did just that. Funny how you can just take someone elses work and then remove the old version, really made by those..who made it. And if they did what you think and I think they did! It makes it even more freaking ridiculous. |
|
| Author: | Naivatkal [ Wed, Oct 17 2018, 0:45 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition to be removed from Go |
It's pretty hilarious that GoG's like 'have the old for free!' though hahaha. |
|
| Author: | Budly [ Wed, Oct 17 2018, 9:14 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition to be removed from Go |
Naivatkal wrote: It's pretty hilarious that GoG's like 'have the old for free!' though hahaha. That I like, I hope GoG never changes. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|