AMIA ARCHIVE
https://www.amiaworld.net/phpBB3/

What do you expect to see in 2018?
https://www.amiaworld.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=90231
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Budly [ Mon, Feb 19 2018, 13:20 PM ]
Post subject:  What do you expect to see in 2018?

A twist on the usual "What to make Amia better" that never ends well.

I just think we all can look forward to what the rest of 2018 offers and I ask, what do people want to see in 2018? Players, DMs, Devs, what is your hopes/dreams/expectations?

I hope to see a revitalized Amia, not only in playerbase but in the spirit of the community. To get somewhere, we need to have the spirit, the soul! Passion for what we do. I also hope to see the NWN community growing stronger and good old same but with new blood and capabilities with NWN:EE around the corner. I tried it out a bit on Knights of Noromath and it offers some new toys for our community. I also wish to see Amia not dying anytime soon. You got a big legacy here, lets try to keep it alive.

I butt heads a lot with the community on Discord at times but I see us a pretty well knit community and one that is welcoming to others but old rumours lingers and such. But Amia is Amia, it can endure.

Author:  freaxxshow1338 [ Mon, Feb 19 2018, 13:39 PM ]
Post subject:  Re: What do you expect to see in 2018?

Amia not dying

... Oh and the ability to Keep People interested in my characters and their development.
... And d'awww moments.

Okay, mainly d'aww moments...

Author:  Dark Immolation [ Mon, Feb 19 2018, 20:45 PM ]
Post subject:  Re: What do you expect to see in 2018?

I expect to see a certain coven of halflings build the Great Swamp.

*nudge, nudge*

Author:  Dunecat [ Mon, Feb 19 2018, 20:53 PM ]
Post subject:  Re: What do you expect to see in 2018?

Dark Immolation wrote:
I expect to see a certain coven of halflings build the Great Swamp.

*nudge, nudge*

On the flooded ruins of the Bendir Dale!

Author:  Amarice-Elaraliel [ Mon, Feb 19 2018, 20:54 PM ]
Post subject:  Re: What do you expect to see in 2018?

The Zombie Apocalypse.

Author:  Shadowfiend [ Mon, Feb 19 2018, 21:42 PM ]
Post subject:  Re: What do you expect to see in 2018?

Amarice-Elaraliel wrote:
The Zombie Apocalypse.


Pls make it happen.

Author:  Suhjet [ Mon, Feb 19 2018, 22:53 PM ]
Post subject:  Re: What do you expect to see in 2018?

It'll be like Caraigh, except everywhere!

Author:  Zafriah [ Tue, Feb 20 2018, 3:18 AM ]
Post subject:  Re: What do you expect to see in 2018?

Amarice-Elaraliel wrote:
The Zombie Apocalypse.

Oh, yes! *jumps up and down with excitement*

Amia not dying is high on my list.

Author:  Revak [ Tue, Feb 20 2018, 12:11 PM ]
Post subject:  Re: What do you expect to see in 2018?

Amarice-Elaraliel wrote:
The Zombie Apocalypse.


I would also approve of this, or at least Amia being overrun by something and is a threat to everyone.

Also Amia not dying pls

Author:  Richard_Edmund [ Tue, Feb 20 2018, 17:37 PM ]
Post subject:  Re: What do you expect to see in 2018?

Not so much an expectation but more of what I hope to see is that Amia expands further abroad. Not just new places to hunt, but actual places in Faerun to visit and explore!

Author:  Impknightofireland [ Wed, Feb 21 2018, 0:51 AM ]
Post subject:  Re: What do you expect to see in 2018?

I'd like to see the continuous trend of how the Playerbase has treated each other and the Dm Team. No Drama!!! Has been really nice to play on Amia and not see that stuff. It's good to be an Amian! Great job folks, i love to see that were focusing on Rp and enjoying ourselves and respecting the person behind the screen. Let's keep this TREND UP!!! :D

Author:  Hrothmus [ Thu, Feb 22 2018, 15:31 PM ]
Post subject:  Re: What do you expect to see in 2018?

As I have recently returned, I hope to see more returning players, more activity, more support from players to Amia, more love for DMs, more DM events and interactions, more development, more donations to the server (I plan on starting to donate) and much much more!!

I'm a lost cause optimist!

Author:  Annashi [ Sat, Feb 24 2018, 21:36 PM ]
Post subject:  Re: What do you expect to see in 2018?

Peaking at Amia for the first time in forever, I'd say more people :O

Author:  LibrisMortis_666 [ Sat, Feb 24 2018, 23:06 PM ]
Post subject:  Re: What do you expect to see in 2018?

If i can get my life on track I’d return!!!

Author:  Budly [ Sun, Feb 25 2018, 0:30 AM ]
Post subject:  Re: What do you expect to see in 2018?

Annashi wrote:
Peaking at Amia for the first time in forever, I'd say more people :O


Annashi? I thought you where dead.

Author:  Zafriah [ Tue, Feb 27 2018, 11:52 AM ]
Post subject:  Re: What do you expect to see in 2018?

Annashi wrote:
Peaking at Amia for the first time in forever, I'd say more people :O


*inserts a lame joke about Annashi peaking*
Good to see you!
Definitely - more people would be good! You could help by visiting more often!!

Author:  Cratz [ Tue, Feb 27 2018, 19:19 PM ]
Post subject:  Re: What do you expect to see in 2018?

*tosses a coin in the wishing well*

I hope that every event will stop being determined by who can beat the shit out of each other the fastest.

Author:  Annashi [ Wed, Feb 28 2018, 8:11 AM ]
Post subject:  Re: What do you expect to see in 2018?

Budly wrote:
Annashi wrote:
Peaking at Amia for the first time in forever, I'd say more people :O


Annashi? I thought you where dead.


dead?! O_O

Only on the inside. *sob sob*

No, but really, not dead :) Hows my favorite halfling? :D

I've been poking around the NWN2 servers for the last month or so, myself.

Author:  Budly [ Wed, Feb 28 2018, 14:29 PM ]
Post subject:  Re: What do you expect to see in 2018?

Annashi wrote:
Budly wrote:
Annashi wrote:
Peaking at Amia for the first time in forever, I'd say more people :O


Annashi? I thought you where dead.


dead?! O_O

Only on the inside. *sob sob*

No, but really, not dead :) Hows my favorite halfling? :D

I've been poking around the NWN2 servers for the last month or so, myself.


Still crazy, life's a bitch and all that, it been like 10 years since I last saw you I think. Just got back to Amia again after being running around POTM and before that some other servers like ALoDD and others I forgot the name of sadly.

You should drop by and take a look some time. So much been changed for better or worse :P

To keep it slightly not derailed, more oldies returning, if just atleast for a visit! ;)

Author:  Jan [ Wed, Feb 28 2018, 15:35 PM ]
Post subject:  Re: What do you expect to see in 2018?

Annashi wrote:
I've been poking around the NWN2 servers for the last month or so, myself.

Hey, it's you.

Author:  Zafriah [ Sat, Mar 10 2018, 12:15 PM ]
Post subject:  Re: What do you expect to see in 2018?

One question I have is - How much money/donations do you need? Is there an annual donation drive? Or are people just donating/subscribing randomly?

Author:  Richard_Edmund [ Sat, Mar 10 2018, 12:26 PM ]
Post subject:  Re: What do you expect to see in 2018?

Donations are completely optional, and it mostly goes towards maintaining the server, if I remember rightly. (There's a monthly(?) cost for running the server from an internet server, I believe.)

Author:  Gravemaskin [ Sat, Mar 10 2018, 23:41 PM ]
Post subject:  Re: What do you expect to see in 2018?

As said, donations are 100% optional and not required. You don't get any perks for doing it, and don't loose anything for not doing it. (Though donating to a server you love gives you that fuzzy feeling :3)

AFAIK the money goes towards maintaining the server as it's on a server farm and costs money to maintain. Disco has been covering it out of his own pocket in the past, and I don't know if we have enough monthly donations to keep him from having to do that.

Author:  Zafriah [ Sun, Mar 11 2018, 1:10 AM ]
Post subject:  Re: What do you expect to see in 2018?

Gravemaskin wrote:
Disco has been covering it out of his own pocket in the past, and I don't know if we have enough monthly donations to keep him from having to do that.

Awwww

Yeah, that's why I was asking. Everything costs money and sometimes it's more than we expect.

Author:  Budly [ Sun, Mar 11 2018, 14:02 PM ]
Post subject:  Re: What do you expect to see in 2018?

Coming to think of it, unity in the community and people speaking their mind and discussions that stay fresh and friendly. That is what I want us to have too. :)

Author:  Lost_Izalith [ Mon, Mar 12 2018, 8:10 AM ]
Post subject:  Re: What do you expect to see in 2018?

I'm not sure what I expect to see, but what I'd like to see of course is a resurgence. People finding reasons to come back to Amia. Even if it's only because the server they migrated to implodes from internal conflict or something. I guess what I expect to see is a continuing trend, with small bursts of interest dotting a general, steady decline, but hey. I love being proven wrong.

As for the swamp coven, you can go right on expecting, but that's too rich for my blood. I can't even be bothered to afford the basic housing package for more than a couple of weeks, and there aren't enough active players to consider a faction right now. Maybe if I had infinite play time and maybe six other interested people.

Maybe in a different time.

Author:  robbi320 [ Mon, Mar 12 2018, 15:05 PM ]
Post subject:  Re: What do you expect to see in 2018?

Lost_Izalith wrote:
As for the swamp coven, you can go right on expecting, but that's too rich for my blood. I can't even be bothered to afford the basic housing package for more than a couple of weeks, and there aren't enough active players to consider a faction right now. Maybe if I had infinite play time and maybe six other interested people.

Maybe in a different time.


Same point I'm at for something I want to do... I have an idea for a faction, and I might get some interest just by playing the character, but I doubt I'll manage as much as people would expect of the faction. (evil, and all that stuff)
The thing I find crazy though, is how relevant even just 4 or 5 other players would be, with how many players we have. It's a huge part of the server population, basically...

Author:  bobofwestoregonusa [ Mon, Mar 19 2018, 3:44 AM ]
Post subject:  Re: What do you expect to see in 2018?

An enhanced edition influx

Author:  Lesquille [ Mon, Mar 19 2018, 6:24 AM ]
Post subject:  Re: What do you expect to see in 2018?

All the old players returning.

Author:  Naivatkal [ Thu, Mar 22 2018, 0:58 AM ]
Post subject:  Re: What do you expect to see in 2018?

bobofwestoregonusa wrote:
An enhanced edition influx

Lesquille wrote:
All the old players returning.

Author:  Yossarin [ Wed, Mar 28 2018, 21:45 PM ]
Post subject:  Re: What do you expect to see in 2018?

For what it's worth, I do hope that Amia sees restored vigor. Everyone deserves a good roleplaying community, especially those who are there even through the lean times. And people can only be enriched by interacting with the quality players I still see posting here.

Author:  Budly [ Wed, Mar 28 2018, 22:50 PM ]
Post subject:  Re: What do you expect to see in 2018?

Yossarin wrote:
For what it's worth, I do hope that Amia sees restored vigor. Everyone deserves a good roleplaying community, especially those who are there even through the lean times. And people can only be enriched by interacting with the quality players I still see posting here.


Holy cheetos! It's Yossarin! :o

Author:  Naivatkal [ Thu, Mar 29 2018, 1:09 AM ]
Post subject:  Re: What do you expect to see in 2018?

Y O S S
O
S
S

Author:  Amarice-Elaraliel [ Thu, Mar 29 2018, 10:49 AM ]
Post subject:  Re: What do you expect to see in 2018?

Well so I can give you a small update on what you will see for sure at least:

1. A new server plot, that will involve heavy PC involvement and structure change of the setting.
2. A new Epic dungeon ECL 25-30 to fill the last big leveling path we have, seeing this specific ECL is currently only covered by abyss (in means where you still get really good XP in the 29s + 30s.

We're still looking into EE, but I am afraid I can tell you much there as I am not much an expert on scripts and codes. But all I heard from or professionals so far looks pretty grim I'm afraid.

Author:  kindlegem [ Tue, Apr 03 2018, 12:25 PM ]
Post subject:  Re: What do you expect to see in 2018?

An awakening.

Author:  Budly [ Tue, Apr 03 2018, 13:55 PM ]
Post subject:  Re: What do you expect to see in 2018?

Amarice-Elaraliel wrote:
Well so I can give you a small update on what you will see for sure at least:

1. A new server plot, that will involve heavy PC involvement and structure change of the setting.
2. A new Epic dungeon ECL 25-30 to fill the last big leveling path we have, seeing this specific ECL is currently only covered by abyss (in means where you still get really good XP in the 29s + 30s.

We're still looking into EE, but I am afraid I can tell you much there as I am not much an expert on scripts and codes. But all I heard from or professionals so far looks pretty grim I'm afraid.



For me, myself, plot and RP always triumphs dungeons. So that is the nice part to hear. The Dungeon? In my opinion it won't keep any players active but that is just how I view it. It is nice to see the good old crew still working hard although. :idea:

Author:  Naivatkal [ Tue, Apr 03 2018, 21:29 PM ]
Post subject:  Re: What do you expect to see in 2018?

Yeah #1 will be the biggest key, and is great to hear! #2 is secondary (probably why is is second, hurr lol) but will help as well because new stuff is nice (but mostly relevant when player counts rise). The hardest part is getting people to log in, and a server plot (and other plots) definitely help! Especially if the server has a purpose/direction and people feel a draw to log in, that's the biggin' we have been lacking since the Reyes Plot was concluded.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/