AMIA ARCHIVE
https://www.amiaworld.net/phpBB3/

Those of lesser fortune.
https://www.amiaworld.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=87352
Page 1 of 1

Author:  thunderbrush [ Wed, Sep 28 2016, 7:11 AM ]
Post subject:  Those of lesser fortune.

Recently my schedule has changed for a while and I am working days. In Kuwait. Interestingly enough, I have gotten to spend more quality time with a few players I have had limited exposure to. Generally speaking it has been a good time. What we have universally agreed upon is that while we still vastly enjoy ourselves, the environment and our interactions, Amia is a very static place. There are no happy hin in Bendir Dale. There are no shiny Paladins in Kholingen. There is just the ten or so of us and a whole lot of grinding and farming. The other night I stayed up till 3 AM to see the Djinn, so I could have the opportunities the majority of the server have been enjoying. It was pretty cool. Though...I could only stay on long enough to make a purchase and watch everyone shake they're collective heads at Beldor, who seemed frustrated that there were people there other than him. I know that was IC :). We don't have a dm anywhere near our timezone and Promethius is the only one on remotely around that time, but usually just testing things and setting things up for other events. While I know there is little that can be done about this, but I say little. Can we get a DM? There is so much I would like to do and request, though I see no viable solution without the "currency" we use to make these things happen. This isn't just from the request standpoint. I would love the opportunity to have random encounters, or the possibilty of us embarking on quests of an epic nature. You can only kill Windy so many times before it becomes an old hat. Hell..what if Windy got sick of getting stomped 70 times a day and begged for his life? Does he even have any scales left? I know. I'm fishing and it's a shot in the dark but it would be awesome to have the Amia experience again.

Author:  Tarnus [ Wed, Sep 28 2016, 10:52 AM ]
Post subject:  Re: Those of lesser fortune.

thunderbrush wrote:
We don't have a dm anywhere near our timezone and Promethius Prometheus is the only one on remotely around that time, but usually just testing things and setting things up for other events.


I have been called? I have been called! Generally speaking, testing and setup, provided I don't have to have it ready right now takes low prio so if you see me up in the air during gmt afternoons/evenings I tend to have time. (I'll sometimes be around during GMT noons but thats mostly while I eat lunch to give people who need something and can't get a dm at other time zones a chance to get minor request stuff and fixes done). So if you need something or want some minor quest etc, I'd be perfectly happy to oblige, just ask. (That should in general, hold true for any dm I would say)

As for the random adventure ambushing, I'll have to think about that for a bit. But generally, I could prepare some stuff and see how that works out, which will likely work properly once I'm finished with my exams.

Author:  robbi320 [ Wed, Sep 28 2016, 11:28 AM ]
Post subject:  Re: Those of lesser fortune.

Being in an almost similar, albeit not identical position being CET (European), I have to say, I really enjoy the random stuff I don't have to ask for. I understand that it is difficult to take care of that, but I had a lot of fun with RP where I met a group on a hunting ground rather than via party advertiser. Or when I didn't realise a DM was watching until some weird stuff started happening, and I still wasn't sure if I had just never seen that and it is scripted behavior.

The big difficulty is that even with Tarnus and (I think) Amarice-Elaralie as Euro DMs, it automatically goes towards being online in the evenings. Which is difficult for people even farther east than me (thunderbrush being an example), or people who technically have to get up early in the mornings. Sadly, I don't think it's likely that that will be fixed, because it's a sad part of playing NWN 14? years after the release. There is a limited playerbase.

*goes into a corner and cries because here is no one to do stuff with most of the day*

Author:  Darkblade [ Thu, Sep 29 2016, 12:28 PM ]
Post subject:  Re: Those of lesser fortune.

robbi320 wrote:
Being in an almost similar, albeit not identical position being CET (European), I have to say, I really enjoy the random stuff I don't have to ask for. I understand that it is difficult to take care of that, but I had a lot of fun with RP where I met a group on a hunting ground rather than via party advertiser. Or when I didn't realise a DM was watching until some weird stuff started happening, and I still wasn't sure if I had just never seen that and it is scripted behavior.

The big difficulty is that even with Tarnus and (I think) Amarice-Elaralie as Euro DMs, it automatically goes towards being online in the evenings. Which is difficult for people even farther east than me (thunderbrush being an example), or people who technically have to get up early in the mornings. Sadly, I don't think it's likely that that will be fixed, because it's a sad part of playing NWN 14? years after the release. There is a limited playerbase.

*goes into a corner and cries because here is no one to do stuff with most of the day*


If it helps i have the same problem

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/