View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ] 
Maverick00053

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 21 2016, 22:17 PM 

DM

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

So here is a list of spells that are now available for requesting. These spells require RP and do have a standard we expected you to meet to obtain. Some of the spells might require you to do research and development before you can obtain them, and some can be taught or learned. This will be the first of many, I hope, and I will keep this post up to date.

If anyone has a custom spell that is already made that they wish to submit for public use please feel free to submit them to me. I will then post them to a forum for consideration.

Baleful Polymorph
Quote:
Wizard/Sorceror/Druid Innate 5
School: Transmutation
Range: Close
Target: One
Duration: 1 + 1 Round / 10 CL; +1 Round if you have Epic Transmutation.
Save: Fortitude
Spell Resistance: Yes

Baleful Polymorph transforms the target into a chicken/penguin randomly if the fort save is failed. The target is also granted expeditious retreat for as long as the duration of the polymorph.

DC Cost: 10

Tuoamas' Anti-Pyromantic Cloud
Quote:
Wizard/Sorceror 3, Innate 3
School: Conjuration
Descriptor: Cold
Components: Verbal, Somatic
Range: Long
Area of Effect: Medium
Duration: 1 Round / 2 Levels
Additional Counter Spells:
Save: Fortitude

Tuomas' Anti-Pyromantic Cloud creates a thick, cold blusish cloud. Creatures inside the cloud take 1d6 cold Damage, but Fire-based creatures, and Fire Elementals take 1d6 damage per level up to a maximum of 10d6 Cold damage. This spell quenches mundane fires and has 5% chance per level of Caster up to 50% chance of quenching fires of a supernatural nature that are not creatues.
// Credit for IG spell creation goes to Lord Tuomas.

DC Cost: 8

Lacerate
Quote:
Spell level: Sorcerer/Wizard 1
Innate Level: 1
School: Necromancy

Descriptor: Negative
Components: Verbal, Somatic
Range: Short (8meters)
Area of Affect: Single
Duration: Instantaneous
Save: Fort (partial)

A clawed hand is extended to the target and with a shimmer, the victim is struck by lashes of negative energy. The resulting cuts will start to bleed profusely.

The target is hit with 1d2 negative energy damage per two caster levels (max5d2) and must make a fortitude safe or be affected by a wounding affect that deals 1 Physical Damage per round for 1 round for every 2 caster levels.
// Credit for IG spell creation goes to Agam.

DC Cost: 6

Alarm
Quote:
Caster level: bard 1, ranger 1, sorcerer / wizard 1
Duration: 2 Hours per Caster Level
Spell School: Abjuration
Spell Level: 1
Save: Will
SR: No

Creates an AoE field that will alert the caster to the presence of a non party member upon entering the AoE and failing a will save. If the will save is made, no dialogue is sent to the caster, and they cannot be will save checked for 2 rounds.
Only one Alarm can be active at the same time and the spell has no visual but does have a message pop up to inform you of the placement.

DC Cost: 6

As a side note: All these spells are subject to change/balancing based on feedback, and/or overall server balancing.

Commie

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 21 2016, 22:56 PM 

Player

This is amazing. Baleful Polymorph happens to be one of my favorite PnP spells. Good work!

Someone find Cor'Xak and teach him!

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

Magiros

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 22 2016, 5:06 AM 

Player

Will PM you, though already did offer a spell for listing as long as the rp aspect if it would be honored. Meaning, proper RP is done to obtain it. Can players be rest assured the DM's enforce the RP to obtain the spell, research it and whatever steps are needed to gain it?

DireCorbie

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 22 2016, 6:43 AM 

Player

YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS

Maverick00053

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 22 2016, 13:01 PM 

DM

Magiros wrote:
Will PM you, though already did offer a spell for listing as long as the rp aspect if it would be honored. Meaning, proper RP is done to obtain it. Can players be rest assured the DM's enforce the RP to obtain the spell, research it and whatever steps are needed to gain it?

These spells won't be handed out haphazardly. There will be extensive development and/or student/teacher RP expected. We have plans to get an IC book going in the library section of the forums to give people 'pointers' to developing the spells themselves and/or locating a teacher.

Commie

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 22 2016, 16:12 PM 

Player

So I'm going to do a 'thing' Thursday at 6-7 pm est to learn/develop the druidical version of baleful.

If any other aspiring divine casters want to learn how to channel their divine connection into another person and turn them into a rabbit or something, or a DM wants to supervise or spawn some stuff for us so we arn't emoting into the breeze, feel free to hit me up.

Also i'm pretty sure arcanists can come too but, you know, plz don't bring zombies/demons/be a pale master, i really don't like excluding people from things but druids are hardline about some of that stuff.

Lets do some spell discovery.

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

SamTheGiantSlayer

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 22 2016, 16:27 PM 

Player

Where at, bb? Count me in.

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!

Commie

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 22 2016, 16:37 PM 

Player

I'll meet up by the bridge in front of the grove. that seems like a logical place to congregate that people know how to get to and likely aren't banned from (such as the grove itself which ppl might not be able to get into for various reasons). from there we can either start or move to a different location. seeing as this is the 'genesis' of the spell i want it to involve as many ppl as possible so once it's 'out there' others can find a trainer.

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

TheGoddessOfAmazing©

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 22 2016, 17:06 PM 

Player

SamTheGiantSlayer wrote:

+1 Haylee will attend!

davis114

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 22 2016, 17:16 PM 

Player

Bear in mind a druid probably can't teach an arcanist much of anything as far as how a spell is cast.

Edit: I misread. I see its being developed. An arcanist who knows it already could probably have some sort of input.

MoshingChris wrote:
Dude makes like a drunk even when he's sober.

Magiros

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 22 2016, 17:53 PM 

Player

PM sent. Please let me know what you think of the terms. Either Las becomes a goddess or the spell is out. :twisted: Kidding aside, let me know if you think the things are okay in it.

Finally it, hopefully, is sougth to be learned by others! Always had been hoping a random mage would come and ask to be mentored... Why it was publicly placed in a book. . . :)

Grymia

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 22 2016, 19:27 PM 

Player

davis114 wrote:
Bear in mind a druid probably can't teach an arcanist much of anything as far as how a spell is cast.

Edit: I misread. I see its being developed. An arcanist who knows it already could probably have some sort of input.

If the Druid is casting it, the keen of mind Arcanist can probably adopt a solution for their needs.

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 22 2016, 19:39 PM 

Player

TheGoddessOfAmazing© wrote:
SamTheGiantSlayer wrote:

+1 Haylee will attend!

Mala too!

Kamina

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 22 2016, 20:14 PM 

Player

Is this thread just for spells or special techniques/feats too?

unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

Maverick00053

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 22 2016, 20:16 PM 

DM

If you want to pass those onto me as well you are more then welcome to. Spells first then ill look into feats.

MisterLich

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 23 2016, 5:39 AM 

Player

Baleful Polymorph makes me want to legitimately play my wizard Berlin so he can cast it on people. That sounds so awesome.

Can someone PM me if they're able to teach him that spell? I will be unavailable on Thursday for the entire evening (in particular, at the specified time above I'll still be at work.)

Maverick00053

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 23 2016, 17:38 PM 

DM

Spell list updated.

Magiros

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 23 2016, 20:33 PM 

Player

Questions: As you stated these are subject for balancing based on feedback. Which effectively means the spells are changed.

Firstly, Will there be any information/discussion handed/with to those who already have the said spell about these modifications?
Secondly, as the said players have paid DC's for the spell requested in its original form, this later turnabout of the balance would influence what they requested for, hence, are there DC's refunded?

Why I ask of this is that I saw a request for refunding of DC's, as per argument of: This is what I requested and paid for, it is not I was delivered. BEcause some of those DC spells costed quite a sum, mine costed 22 DC's. Secondly, to me, it seems odd that these spells are second time modified when already passed by the DM's? I've not heard old DC items been taken suddenly away because they are too strong. -> Granted, might be I am not within the information cycle anyway, so please forgive me my ignorance on this matter. Thirdly, this seems similar to the issue we had when a decision was made to remove all old requested special races and suddenly having to request them again.

Just some thoughts that came into my mind about this matter and thoughts that might come to others minds. So decided to go ahead and ask them. :)

That Guy

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 23 2016, 21:28 PM 

Player

Not sure if this is the place to ask, but... can we also get a list of custom monk abilities, weaponmaster ki things, that sort of thing? It's very hard to know what you can or can't shoot for if we don't know what's been made and is just waiting to be re-discovered.

Thanks!

Maverick00053

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 23 2016, 21:33 PM 

DM

If your spell does make it here then it has already been run through our balance team and been assessed as under powered or at an acceptable level compared to the standard nwn spells. If the time does come when we need to balance your spells we will certainly have a discussion with the original designer.

This list is going to keep growing but for all the spells you do see on it there are countless ones that will never see the light of day because they are simply OP. We aim to make sure no balancing is required post public introduction but the warning is there because the health and balance of the server is vital for its longevity.

Maverick00053

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 23 2016, 21:34 PM 

DM

That Guy wrote:
Not sure if this is the place to ask, but... can we also get a list of custom monk abilities, weaponmaster ki things, that sort of thing? It's very hard to know what you can or can't shoot for if we don't know what's been made and is just waiting to be re-discovered.

Thanks!

It is in the works.

Commie

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 23 2016, 23:16 PM 

Player

lemme get wall o ice

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

corypx

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 23 2016, 23:20 PM 

Player

Commie wrote:
lemme get wall o ice

They are no longer letting people request that spell if I recall from the last time a player requested it on the forum.

Commie

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 23 2016, 23:30 PM 

Player

lemme get candy wall

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

Maverick00053

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 23 2016, 23:47 PM 

DM

No walls sorry. Not unless we can fix them.

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 24 2016, 2:45 AM 

Player

If it were my name stamped on the server I'd rip out every pathblocking custom Wall spell except for Cotton Candy, which would no longer block pathing because it's cotton candy.

Commie

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 24 2016, 2:48 AM 

Player

lemme get wall of iron

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 24 2016, 9:15 AM 

Player

We won't do walls anymore in the future. Non of them. So please don't go through each and all of the existing ones and ask for them. If we ever come up with a sensible way to do that that does not screw the AI and NPC and other things we will post it.

Grymia

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 24 2016, 17:49 PM 

Player

// I know that the most recent request did mention this but I want to make sure it's noted here:

Would walls still be permissable as part of events or under PnP permissions/rules?

Commie

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 24 2016, 18:53 PM 

Player

Commie wrote:
So I'm going to do a 'thing' Thursday at 6-7 pm est to learn/develop the druidical version of baleful.

If any other aspiring divine casters want to learn how to channel their divine connection into another person and turn them into a rabbit or something, or a DM wants to supervise or spawn some stuff for us so we arn't emoting into the breeze, feel free to hit me up.

Also i'm pretty sure arcanists can come too but, you know, plz don't bring zombies/demons/be a pale master, i really don't like excluding people from things but druids are hardline about some of that stuff.

Lets do some spell discovery.

a re-post if someone missed it.

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 24 2016, 19:09 PM 

Player

Grymia wrote:
// I know that the most recent request did mention this but I want to make sure it's noted here:

Would walls still be permissable as part of events or under PnP permissions/rules?

Yes.

Grymia

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 24 2016, 19:41 PM 

Player

Cool, thank you. Just want to be certain.

CautiousDread

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 29 2016, 10:09 AM 

Player

Looking at the list there a couple of custom spells I know of missing.

Not sure if I missed this or if some custom spells have other plans.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move"

Sprite by Raua

Maverick00053

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 29 2016, 20:00 PM 

DM

CautiousDread wrote:
Looking at the list there a couple of custom spells I know of missing.

Not sure if I missed this or if some custom spells have other plans.

Not all custom spells have made it passed approval and/or been presented forward to the team.

Maverick00053

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 11 2016, 2:55 AM 

DM

Updated.

TheGoddessOfAmazing©

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 11 2016, 14:36 PM 

Player

What is the DC on alarm and/or how is it determined please? :)

Rigela

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 11 2016, 14:46 PM 

Player

Same as any other spell

10 + spell level + stat modifier + spell focuses

TheGoddessOfAmazing©

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 11 2016, 15:53 PM 

Player

Thankyou!

Aiseth

PostPosted: Wed, Apr 13 2016, 16:17 PM 

Player

Please add my Mechanus Mind (Level 2 Spell) to the custom spell list to be freely studied by arcanists. Aiseth reserves her higher powers to herself (and her future apprentice??)

DerkDerkistan

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 14 2016, 6:39 AM 

Player

Cilessa's "Solipsism" can be added to the list of spells to be requested.

Selikean's "Bladesong" as well but would have to be an elf.

Voronwer's "Sentinel could be used but it's a cleric spell so it'd have to match something a particular god would allow. Hindsight says I should have chosen a Roc or something instead of a dragon, but eh.

Honorable mention for Cilessa's "Phantasmal Pandemonium that was basically approved but I never found the time to finish the request. All the components are done too! Not sure if that counts as a super late grandfathering in to the no-scripting thing or not.

bobofwestoregonusa

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 26 2016, 19:29 PM 

Player

Baleful polymorph has some hilarious and fond memories attached to it where my DM looks at the player and says things like "there's no WAY he can fail this save."

And then said DM rolls a 1 and looks back up at the player and says "you lose a level".

Discord: Metal Viking Guy #5433

DC taxation is theft!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]