View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8738 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 171, 172, 173, 174, 175
Yimmi

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 02 2019, 6:30 AM 

Player

To the whole Belenothian squad: Dunecat as Almare, Raua as Sythea, Puresoul as Aithne, RA as Alhazarok and datoastghost as Fulminis. I think I have been having more fun that I have had in belenoth in a long time.. thanks for sharing your characters with Jacob and giving him the chance to know them better, every single one of you is a unique and very well generated concept that I'd love to continue to get to know...

Zoltan as Corrick: I think that corrick is a central piece in Jacob's growth in a certain direction and I love to see their interactions... it's funny how they have very different opinions about many things but still are united for the greater goals. I think that now more than ever I'll get to see more of this magnificently made wizard.

VKB as Mihaela: What can I say... today RP blew my mind. I think we spent what... 2 hours and a half just speaking and RP? It was amazing, Mihaela is a very centered paladin which so much more that what miss the eyes. Today she get to see a part of Jacob that only a few people have ever seen and I love how genuinely and freely it went. Opposite sides of factions and beliefs yet they where united by something bigger, and not only that both of them with clear points of view that, even if they are somewhat contradictory, they seem to fit each other perfectly... I cannot wait for their next interaction as today was just simply magnificent. Big Kudos to you!

We are southamerican rockers, nou sommes rockers sudamericaines...

And DM side: DM Clangeddin

Jes

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 19 2019, 14:20 PM 

DM

I want to thank everyone who interacted with, befriended, loved, or hated my character Illunamaeryx. I played her for a little more than five years, and it was an absolute blast to do so. She was only a lost wyrmling when she came to Amia, and she left on Saturday as a proud priestess of Bahamut, a warrior and a commander of goodly forces. She had changed so much over these five years, and I have enjoyed seeing the way others have helped her grow.

At the crux of Kamina's Dragonbane plot, I was considering the things she's accomplished. She took a force of friends and companions to fight wicked dragons thousands of years older than her - and lived to tell the tale. She laid the memories of her parents to rest at long last and fought against things that turned her into a passionate, devout servant of Bahamut. She wasn't as friendly and happy as she had been. She had suffered so much throughout the events - lost so much emotionally, despite always trying to look strong - that she sometimes came off as very mechanical or stoic. This extreme loss led to her focus being entirely on ridding the world of chromatic influence.

A gold dragon doesn't accept anything but complete victory over evil, after all.

All of this led me to decide that I needed to retire her. It wouldn't have made sense for it to be an IC retirement, so I asked Kamina for a bit of help setting her up for a departure that would make sense after all she's done (and/or tried to do). This is why she was told to accompany the NPC dragons away, to try to help them rebuild what they also lost. It does have a taste of "choosing to help her own kind rather than staying to help the people of Kohl/Chalkcliff," but that's actually okay in this case. Some will view it as her abandoning the people. Some will try to see it from her perspective as a dragon. Whichever the case, I am glad that she is able to have a "retirement" that I can just imagine a million different things for. Maybe she goes on to one day become a Sacred Warder of Bahamut. Maybe she joins the dragon council in a thousand years. Maybe she just remains a warrior who looks out for her people.

Anyway, I got off track. This goodbye to Mary is a little emotional for me because I have loved playing her so much and telling her story with all of you over the years.

So thank you, everyone, for helping me do that. For loving and/or hating her and the crazy things she was trying to keep together at such a young age, thrust into a position of leadership she was never prepared for.

I was going to point out a few characters who had a huge impact on her development, but the list got really long. There were so many who truly changed her perspective on things and made her into who she is today.

With that, my final thanks goes to the players in Kohlingen (and now Kohl-cliff). It has been a delight to play with you, and I truly look forward to helping facilitate your new ideas going forward. We have a town to build, a government to re-establish, a people to protect!

And it'll probably be easier without a bunch of crazy dragons around anyway.

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

ZoltanTheRed

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 19 2019, 23:07 PM 

Player

yimmi wrote:
To the whole Belenothian squad: Dunecat as Almare, Raua as Sythea, Puresoul as Aithne, RA as Alhazarok and datoastghost as Fulminis. I think I have been having more fun that I have had in belenoth in a long time.. thanks for sharing your characters with Jacob and giving him the chance to know them better, every single one of you is a unique and very well generated concept that I'd love to continue to get to know...

Zoltan as Corrick: I think that corrick is a central piece in Jacob's growth in a certain direction and I love to see their interactions... it's funny how they have very different opinions about many things but still are united for the greater goals. I think that now more than ever I'll get to see more of this magnificently made wizard.

VKB as Mihaela: What can I say... today RP blew my mind. I think we spent what... 2 hours and a half just speaking and RP? It was amazing, Mihaela is a very centered paladin which so much more that what miss the eyes. Today she get to see a part of Jacob that only a few people have ever seen and I love how genuinely and freely it went. Opposite sides of factions and beliefs yet they where united by something bigger, and not only that both of them with clear points of view that, even if they are somewhat contradictory, they seem to fit each other perfectly... I cannot wait for their next interaction as today was just simply magnificent. Big Kudos to you!

Late response, but I like Jacob. He's a fairly believable character. He's a talented wizard with a lot of history. I just hope he knows what he's doing with his new political ability. ;)

Mahtan

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 08 2019, 2:21 AM 

Player

Want to thank some people who have consistently help develop and grow my RP with T'rissvyr.

Madame Jingles with Pearl. From the beginning these two characters had a quick friendship that has grown all through ups and downs in RP. It's been an amazing time.

Serbiris with Velden. T'riss and Velden have had an interesting time learning bits and pieces about eachother. Carefully sharing things at the right time to not ruin the friendship they built. The two have shared more deeper discussions on things even outside the horde plot and it is always been enjoyable to play through.

Sevk with Xa'Chena. I was very excited when I saw you returned to the game as well. Xa'Chena and T'riss have an interesting relationship having some loosely connected past through Tinnerai and all the RP they share as we make a believable redemption. Xa'Chena and T'riss have become good friends through their many discussions on life below and now on the surface.

VKB as Michaela. Michaela was another character T'riss had met very early on when I returned. While they didn't immediately bond or understand eachother, their constant work together against the horde and on Chalkcliff has built their friendship. Mihaelas advice and coaching has helped T'rissvyr f8nd his voice in situations he would have just been silent.

Thank you all again for helping T'rissvyr become one of the more fun and unique characters I have played here.

T0mc4t89

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 27 2020, 20:50 PM 

Player

Thanks to Barrililath (gelmar) for the interesting dialog between our characters!

Thanks to Ania (Revak), Lanerd (frozen-ass) and Vindur (Earalenia) for the good conversation in Bendir today!

Budly

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 28 2020, 23:31 PM 

Player

T0mc4t89 wrote:
Thanks to Barrililath (gelmar) for the interesting dialog between our characters!

Thanks to Ania (Revak), Lanerd (frozen-ass) and Vindur (Earalenia) for the good conversation in Bendir today!

Thank you too! For giving Barrililath new perspectives and opinions.

Budly : Has gone to a better place.
Barrililath : Shadowy Drow, probably less Drow than Sylv ever be.

serbiris

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 31 2020, 15:14 PM 

Player

This has been a really, really long time coming - something like 7 months now by my reckoning, since I first returned to the server. I've caught up with a lot of people I knew from when I played regularly, 5 years ago, met many people who joined the server since then, and many old returners who I knew about because I'm a compulsive stalker with an eidetic memory, but never actually got to RP with. Even though the server is smaller than it was, the quiet kind of brings us all together and creates a more intimate experience that I can really appreciate, and its long history has given us all plenty to tell stories about and reminisce over. I'm gonna try and go over everyone I've RPed with, more or less chronologically:

Firstly, Team Winya - though it's quiet now, when I came back that's where I stuck to.
Las'Claianna Le'Quella - Chronos/Magiros isn't around anymore but reconnecting IC and sharing those ups and downs between Velden and Le'Quella was great fun. Very intelligent player who clearly put a lot of effort into the character and always rolled with the punches.
Lyelanna - Didn't know her well from before but I knew Earalenia back then, and it was really interesting to see how Lyelanna shaped up in recent times after quite a rocky history. I was happy when her and Velden were able to get to know each other.
Ania - I actually had very few interactions with Revak before now, and Ania in particular is someone V was aware of, and moved in similar circles to, but didn't have much to do with directly. They've since gone through a lot together and been brought together by their extensive traumas, and they get along really well too both on and off the battlefield.
Alvian - Likewise I didn't RP with Don much in the old days, even though I did see him around a lot and was more or less aware of what he was up to. Alvian's own trauma and his youthful perspective made for an excellent contrast to V's more jaded and world-weary one, and I'm glad to see he's still kicking around and struggling with his burdens.
Sylveera - Budly's heyday was before my time and he came back while I was still away, but I was glad to be able to catch Sylveera and see what all the fuss was about - the fact that she inspires such strong reactions in so many PCs is a testament to how interesting she is as a character, but she remains complex enough that she's not easy to write off either. Keep it up!

I know there's been other elves, but our time together was brief or otherwise limited - special mention for Lyraesel, who I did RP with briefly on my alts before we went our separate ways, and it's a shame she didn't stick around past a surprising first meeting with V.

The Wiltun Crew - not what we used to be, but I had some of my best experiences on the server with them and I'm glad to see the faction is still kicking.
Darby - One of the oldest PCs that mine is close to, her and V have a long and storied history together. The bond they have just isn't something I could have come up with as a writer, and after all this time they still treat each other like family. If anything happened to Darby, V would kill everyone on the server.
Alenia - Though the player and the character don't talk much, I know Alenia's been around for a long time and has a lot boiling under that quiet lid of hers. It's still good to see her around though!
Taranath - Him and V talked a lot when he first came back, and I always thought he was a really interesting fellow! I still see him around but he mostly hangs in Guldorand where V can't/doesn't go, alas.
Richard Johnson - Not really a Wiltun PC but close enough, even though he only came back for a brief time it was great for him and V to reunite, reminisce, and pass the torch. V misses Richard a lot, and the absence was definitely felt during the Horde War when he badly wished for a commander who could wrangle all those sorry adventurers with him.
Avadon - Pretty much the same as with Richard, though the classification as a Wiltun PC is much less controversial here. It still breaks V's heart that Avadon isn't the man he once was, but he was still glad to see his other boss again.
Aiseth - Another old war buddy whose fall hits close to home, but at least she's OK and still kicking around frequently enough. Even though she's a few plums short of a fruit pie now.
Robert Steel - Almost forgot to mention! I first met Libris when he played Nicholas Frost, a shifter who squired for my knight PC Sir Joren. We kind of stayed in touch while I was gone, and I heard fun things about his Tarkuulian Hojo. When I finally did return I got to hang out with his Eldathian druid - I'm a bit tickled by this

I want to add another honourable mention to the old Kohlinger crew - there's a lot of you and V only interacted briefly with them, but it was good to see a lot of old players on new PCs, and it was a nice throwback to a lot of the old grudges V held as a result of his complicated history on Amia.

Now, the Shrine - V's new home away from home, and it still surprises me how he came to return there considering his very first undercover job was rooting out Harpers at that place.
Pearl - Madam Jingles is another one I knew about and talked to a bit OOCly years ago, but we didn't actually RP very much together or have much to do with one another ICly. V kinda stumbled into friendship with Pearl first by proximity, and then by their compatible personalities and mutual need for a compassionate and trustworthy friend. I have always had a lot of respect for Jingles's skill as a Roleplayer and the depth of their interactions only came as a surprise to me because of how little interaction we had before this. Pearl ended up shaping Velden's current outlook a lot, even though he's been through so much before, and I was sad to see that she had to step away a bit due to the demands of real life. Honourable mentions to her other PCs that V interacted with, Effie and Alice (not Shriners) - they were a lot of fun to RP with too and a testament to the player's range as a roleplayer. And hell, extra special props to the player as well for being really cool in general.
T'riss - Mahtan again is someone who I've known a lot about but never really got to RP with much until now. I absolutely adore T'riss, he's a fascinating character and his meekness really stands out among all the larger-than-life adventurers of Amia (including Velden). He really has this way of turning casual chit-chat into deep and meaningful discussions, and it's always an absolute treat to log in just to talk to him.
Kel'riia - Of course I wasn't going to forget Kel! V did actually interact with her a fair bit during my early days of Amia, one of the few from back then who are still around. I was really happy to see Khylaria return and I've been loving the ongoing interaction between her and V. Her history, shared and otherwise, as well as the extensive moral dilemma the character is facing has been fascinating to observe. Plus it's nice to know that someone is waiting for me to long in after I finish work :D
Xa'chena - Sevk is one of the first people I RPed with who I didn't know before coming to Amia, and really left an impression. Xa'chena has such an understated presence but she really does have a lot going on under the hood, and I hope to have further opportunities to poke her psyche and see what makes her tick.
Mihaela - not really a Shriner but runs with the same folks, I RP'd with VKB quite a lot when he played Enniysae Viranirn (on the late Feyne Vessiltiir as well as V) and later with Triel'ithra on V. I've said it to VKB already but Mihaela is one of my favourite paladins, and I really appreciate the very nuanced take on an archetype that is very difficult to get right in an interesting way. Mihaela's strong beliefs frequently clash with Velden's, but they've still managed to keep their friendship going.
Olivia - One of the newer ones from my perspective, having been most active after I quit, but I knew from the start that Peggy was one of the good ones. She and V didn't get along well at all to start with, but Pearl managed to bridge the gap and they found that they had an awful lot in common deep down, even though their outward personas and their methods differed considerably. It's been great to see her and The Riptide (of whom I have had some, but less interactions with) kicking around, and I hope they continue to do so in future.

Lastly, Bendir/Misc/Anti-horde crew. There's an awful lot of you, many of whom I've only had limited interactions with, so I'll... come back to this later, as I've run out of time to waste at work. (Edit: Y'know what I'll just make a new post...)

... However, before I do! Extra special sneak attack mention to the Thieves:
Drakos - You and your brother introduced me to Amia, and we've played together on and off since those early days. Drakos has always been a fascinating character, very hard to read, and it took a long time for V to find any sort of common ground with him. Too bad things are over...!
Naltyrr - I of course blame you for bringing me here. Naltyrr and Ada were quite the team way back, as were Sicarius and V, who finally got a chance to clear the air since my return. But I'm glad to see you're still around, fighting the good fight as it were, and that we still do get to roleplay together after OVER FIFTEEN YEARS.
Nightingale - I knew Raphel from before but my most extensive interactions by far are with Nightingale, and what a ride it's been. She's an incredibly complex and fascinating character to interact with or even just watch, and I've loved seeing how she develops over her time on Amia.
Bloodcrow - while I didn't get to see much of BLOODCROW, I've known Strom more or less peripherally from way back, even though once again our characters never had much to do with one another. Getting to see Grimdur again was neat though! Hope to see you around again.

Others - Da'Nask, Inyoka, some who shall remain nameless for spoiler reasons - honourable mentions, because even with the server population low as it is, it's great to see us sneaks still floating around causing mischief, even if it's only occasionally.

I know I haven't done justice to a lot of you that I have mentioned, and there's a lot still to go - but I figured I had to say something. This past half year and a bit back on Amia has been great, and it's because of all of you. Thank you, guys. Don't ever change.

@Thanatopsis#6293

Last edited by serbiris on Wed, Feb 05 2020, 2:58 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Shadowfiend

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 03 2020, 15:57 PM 

Player

Thanks to everyone that has interacted with Wilrand since his creation. I’ve been having a blast!

Frozen-ass

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 04 2020, 9:05 AM 

Developer

I'm gonne do a longer version later.

But i had to give a special shout out for the drow merchant yesterday in bendir(forgot his name). The way you where advertising, making sales pitches.. just wonderful background filling RP!

Maruz Blackfeet - Go team evil GO

Starter of the Mage revolution

That Guy

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 04 2020, 12:20 PM 

Player

I'd like to give praise to all who have interacted with Roach since her return.

In no particular order and I'm probably forgetting a few (I'm sorry!)

Wilfire
Rosary
Neve
Triss
Velden
Lanerd
Ania
Xy

I'm sure there has been more, but those come to my just-woke-up mind.

Thanks folks!

Raua

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 05 2020, 4:34 AM 

Player

So.. In relation to my Feytouched being continually broken down by this series of events (THANKS, ZOLTAN, YOU SPANGRAFF)

Massive praise goes out to Zoltan for his series of Events Sythea has been increasingly involved in, it's been character-shaping and awesome. Keep up the amazing work boio.

Yimmi, as always for Jacob. A complex character who is always fun to pick at and get deeper into. The developing bond between Jacob and Sythea is heartwarming and wrenching at the same time.

Frostboio for Lanerd. The big galoot is such a joy and surprisingly mature, which makes him more than your average 'genasi. I've found it a joy to see more and more of him.

Almare, the Rock constant of Belenoth. The consistency of his characterization and perpetual bemusement at most people's goings on makes for a fascinating character.

And in other mentions

Crommie is adorable. I saw her say "LOOOK AT HEEEEIIIIM" and died to a fit of giggles because I could freaking hear it exactly like that. and Sythea had a fun bit of wingin' it artifice time with her, which is always a plus.

Matthew, for allowing Sythea to make her own mark, rather than exist solely in the shadow of associations.
Also; Crab cakes are delicious.

Wilrand: Chaotic to a T, but not Chaotic stupid. I like that. We need more of him.

Puff the magic Gobbo: I love it. Even if it's a goblin. And a bard no less. Eee gads!

I'm forgetting a few, but alas, this is what poor sleep does to a person.

Keep at it, Nerds! :D

Yimmi

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 05 2020, 5:15 AM 

Player

Well, due to RL my playtimes have been quite erratics and most of the times at the low population times... but I have some people to praise!

With Jacob:
Raua: man, with Sythea there is always something incredible to do... I mean the rp I get goes from just having a chat here or there to facing an extraplanar assassin that stabs Jacob in the stomach... and it's always wonderful. Really leaving behind a mark on the development of this character!

Frozen: Lannerd, damn what a better way to get to know a dude than in a fight for your life! Lannerd is an incredible character, who at first glance you could miss the deepness of this character, I really -really- hope to see more of him... and also he should accepts a more permanent job ;D!

Artic: With Wilrand, I mean someone who goes "hey don't you fucking leave me behind now that you involved me in the fight!" hahaha! An unexpected but really good meeting, if things goes well I really want to see more of him... with the merry band Jacob is forming!

Dunecat: Almare... I think he is the reason that Jacob is still around, he picked him up on his worst moment and gave purpose to a failed wizard. BIg kudos for that and for keeping such an amazing place as Belenoth still alive and in the mouth of people! I really hope we can do more stuff but sadly I think our playtimes are more different than ever :(... but one can hope!

Tempest: What a nice surprise to have on Jacob's house hahaha and I really look to see more of that crispy mage RP... good things are coming!

Many many more should be here but it's 2 am and I just had my shift, so sleep is getting the best of me!

BUUUT before finishing this eternal declaration... a big thanks to Triss and Kiel for always welcoming Florian around the Shrine... as you guys are there when I can play most of the time, it´s always nice to have those little chats, lets keep it up!

With Florian:
- Triss and Kiel (Hope I wrote it good!): I mean shrine RP is always nice, having someplace to have deep convesration that is also very, very welcoming

Raua

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 06 2020, 7:56 AM 

Player

Finally had the chance to have a one-on-one with Velden.

Sythea needs to flee from the harem box trap now.

But it t'was fun.

Budly

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 06 2020, 23:00 PM 

Player

I couldn't be there to the end (Damnit University!) But it was pretty damn fun! Thanks all involved!

Cratz

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 06 2020, 23:29 PM 

Player

Alenia's experiences with Phyr'tana have been nothing but A+ quality.

Jes

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 09 2020, 5:35 AM 

DM

I just gotta say, everyone that's been interacting with Cromlech has been absolutely fantastic. We laugh, we tease, we tell terrible jokes, but mostly we just do whatever comes off the top of our heads. It's been a real pleasure meeting and RP'ing with so many different people with a character like her and I look forward to future antics and trouble-making!

See me DM-side as:

CleverFox

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 10 2020, 1:32 AM 

Player

Okay, everyone that was involved with Cromlech's ladies night, that was AMAZING! My face hurts from laughing so hard now.

Jes

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 10 2020, 3:28 AM 

DM

8)

See me DM-side as:

Raua

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 10 2020, 12:01 PM 

Player

I'd say it was especially fun towards the ... tail end?

:lol:

Albacksen

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 10 2020, 23:19 PM 

DM

I had fun on Karla, she got to dote a little on her adoptive kobold.

thunderbrush

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 12 2020, 5:00 AM 

Player

Whole server. Love all of ya.

Michael Harcourte: Painter, Scribe.

Sebastian Mayartte: Gambler, MercenaryDeceased

Budly

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 12 2020, 19:37 PM 

Player

Thanks to Aeons player! It is not often Barri get to meet her own kin in the non Drow kind! Interesting exchange!

Raua

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 14 2020, 4:35 AM 

Player

Velden is one of those "oldie" staples of the server for a long time, and it's especially fun interacting with him just now after hearing all the rumors and stories surrounding him. His back and forth with Sythea has been interesting as well (Especially because of [REDACTED] and the [REDACTED] [REDACTED]) Both of them prodding and peeling at each other's walls and unexpectedly jabbing a sore nerve has been captivating.

In all seriousness, gotta shout out to Serbiris for it all, it speaks highly of his dedication and fully realized creature that Velden is. Weirdo Aussie-trash man. It's been fun!

There's been a few others that I've been interacting with that I have to acknowledge as well.
Lanerd is a pretty goofy foil in most situations, which is usually good for a chuckle!
Wilrand is a rough-around-the-edges sort of man, but hey, usually the most interesting ones are.
Jacob, as always. You know what you've done, you utter madlad, Yimmi.
Cromlech is a neat mixture of fun and many names, you trolling DMs. Recent plots have shown her in different lights, which just show a fully realized character.

Mihaela was an interesting case. Sythea's first impression of her was essentially "...Um, What? Hi?" xD
But she's shown a consistent dedication to improving herself in light of recent events, which is awesome to see such dedication to as a writer!
(Also, I'm jelly of how fast VKB types, the fricken madlad)

And a host of others.
Fuckin' nerds. Love y'all.

serbiris

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 14 2020, 14:12 PM 

Player

serbiris wrote:
Lastly, Bendir/Misc/Anti-horde crew. There's an awful lot of you, many of whom I've only had limited interactions with, so I'll... come back to this later, as I've run out of time to waste at work. (Edit: Y'know what I'll just make a new post...)

Let's start with the Halflings. Most of them have been around for years, and they really don't get enough credit for their contribution to the relaxed atmosphere of Amia. Log in most days and pop around Bendir and there's usually something going on - "social RP" is often maligned as dull and repetitive, but I've always felt that with so many vibrant and active personalities around that things are still fresh after all these years, as long as you're willing to put something in yourself. And with events running and finishing all the time, it's nice to have a spot to chill out and unwind.
Rosary - I really enjoy the fact that her and Velden have this weird friendship based entirely on being borderline-antagonistic to one another. The Candy-coated Witch-Empress has been a fixture of Bendir since my last major period of activity on Amia and she hasn't changed much - although it does seem like she has a bit more going on than people think. I was lucky enough to catch a glimpse when I played Connie, and again when Velden returned they shared a bit of a nice moment. I don't think Bendir would be the same without her.
Wilfire - I didn't play much with Raf back in my old days but we did run in similar crowds. Wil and V's unlikely (and also kinda weird) friendship sprang out of mutual respect from their work together, and I'm glad to see it persisting through peace, and despite Velden's slow and inevitable slide into disrepute. Wil has a good mix of humour and valour that really shines in Bendir's unusual dynamic on the server. Velden's favourite deputy!
Nevelan - Getting a bit on the darker end of hin now, but I like how most of the time Neve is cheerful and polite - the slightly off-colour jokes being the only indication that he's a bit of a black sheep. While his loyalty to his friends and kin is clear, I'm finding his violent, emotionally-driven nature to be really compelling.
Special mention to Leathan's alt Kieler, whom I RPed with extensively during the Winya period of V's return - starting as rivals and eventually progressing into a bit of a bromance. Sadly I don't see much of him anymore, but nor does V spend much time in Winya anymore, alas!
Ricket! - It takes a lot of guts to play someone as crazy as him, and while he's managed to get himself ousted from polite society, it's good to see him still around complicating everyone's lives.
Fineon - I haven't had much of a chance to RP with him, but it's good to see him around and getting into trouble and dressing up like a little Velden.
Lyra - Newly-returned and Velden's only seen a little of her (no pun intended), the gothloli's slightly creepy antics make me laugh. Hope to see a lot more of her in future!
Frumdy - Haven't seen him (or exquisitelyme at all) around lately but still wanted to mention the druid as he's another funny one with a serious angle to him (sensing a bit of a theme here) relating to his faith and druidic nature. Hope to see the player around again, with this PC or others!

There's so many others of you around that I either haven't met, haven't had much RP with or just can't think of what to say, but you're all excellent!

No, how about Belenoth? Some of you I've known for years, some only recently, but for whatever reason they just keep crossing paths with Velden...

Almare - I don't think many people really know the quiet and clever founding Councillor of Belenoth on a personal level, and V is no exception - though he has a pretty good idea. In the past they've clashed, mended since their return, and a wedge has been driven between them even more recently, but I don't think I've seen the last of the mysterious wizard.
Siferet - One of Velden's closest friends before he died, although they did have a bit of a rocky relationship back then. She isn't around much anymore but it was great to see her again when she returned. Siferet has always fascinated me with her incredibly strong will, but with a soft side that verges on fragile. While I know the player doesn't have a lot of time for Amia anymore, I hope I haven't seen the last of her.
Jacob - I remember coming back and meeting Jacob all like, who is this punk? The Yimminator, though fairly new (at least from my perspective) seems to be getting mixed up in all kinds of fun stuff with Jacob, and at this point Velden isn't sure how he feels about him (although he's pretty sure that there is a somewhat more decisive enmity coming from Jacob!). I certainly look forward to seeing more of him!
Sythea - After all these years, I finally managed to corner Raua with RP! Sythea is pretty fresh but horrifyingly compelling, and I'm pretty sure her or Velden is going to find themselves in deep trouble. I get the strong impression of a thespian slapstick when those two get talking, and that's never a good sign... For now though it's a lot of fun, and I hope the part where they try to kill each other comes much, much later.

I'm totally not going to forget RIPTIDE! Although most of my RP with them has been with Peggy (mentioned in my previous post), it's always good to see the whole crew out flying the colours. Ya'll need to get out and hang with V some more! Except Tempest, the damn creeper, he can spend less time around Velden... (I'm kidding)

I ran out of colours but Fellowship! I mean, admittedly I haven't interacted with many of them on a personal level, Azier is pretty cool but plenty aloof, and V has only spoken with Matthew a couple of times. Their vastly opposing natures and methods have led to extensive clashes and a quiet enmity brewing in the background even as they work towards common goals. But you know, every hero needs to have some villains, and it's really good to have the Fellowship around to fulfill that role.

Wait, what? Velden's the bad guy?

Special mention to Cromlech who I actually have interacted with! Velden never expected to take her seriously or have much to do with her, but for some reason they actually get along really well! I mean, I'm not at all surprised that Jes can run a nuanced dragon character, but it's good to be able to interact with her as a player again! It's been too long.

Running out of time again so let me wrap this up - kudos to a lot of newer/newly-returned folks who've been interacting with Velden lately, like Lanerd whose rough, mercenary nature meshes well with Velden's loose pragmatism, as well as being all around funny to interact with. Wilrand's abrasive and comparatively normal worldview makes for a nice contrast with so many larger-than-life or jaded personalities. Kados, who seems to be eternally involved in some kind of unseen stand-off with Velden. Lunataris, whose fresh-faced idealism presents a tempting target for Velden's borderline-nihilistic cynicism. And so many others! I'll get you all, eventually!

@Thanatopsis#6293

ZoltanTheRed

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 21 2020, 0:23 AM 

Player

Corrick likes Royce and Lyra, he's definitely going to want to know more about them.

There's too many to name here, and I know it's a bit of a cop out, but a big fat thank you to all the wonderful people I've been playing with lately. Yimmi, too, I guess....even if he is a spangraff....

Jes

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 21 2020, 0:56 AM 

DM

Corrick has been excellent fun to RP with on Cromlech. Absolutely amazing RP and development.

Velden and Kel'riia are special to Cromlech in ways they probably don't even know. I love interacting with both of you with her.

Sythea, Jacob, Almare, Wilfire, Wilrand, Matthew, Victoria, Azier... Argh, there are so many! I love that Crommie has been able to interact with so many different kinds of people. Thank you all so much for being awesome!

See me DM-side as:

PuresoulX2

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 22 2020, 5:28 AM 

Player

I would like to thank Cromlech, Kestrel <3, Mihaela, Xa'chena and everyone who came to the Ostland Event hosted by OUR GLORIOUS EMPEROR Zoltan the Red. It was very fun!

Jes

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 24 2020, 2:18 AM 

DM

Thank you so much to everyone who came to the ball tonight! It was absolutely fun and I look forward to more such events to come!

See me DM-side as:

Budly

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 25 2020, 10:40 AM 

Player

On my odd pseudo break I forgot how varied Freaxxs character roster is. Kudos on that. I wish I could pull it off as well as you do seeing Peggy and Sarsora side to side in my mind along with the rest of your characters is pretty fun.

Baden Ironblood

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 25 2020, 23:45 PM 

Player

Huzzahs and high kudos to the AnalogKid! The relationship between Jerand and Derrin has gone on for years, and it has always been a high point to RP with the Kid.

But he has taken it to a higher level in his SD training of Michael. It is my first SD and it was well worth the wait to be trained by such an incredible person. As I told him I wish he was still DMing. But like me family and work comes first. And I respect that.

Thank you AnalogKid for stretching me and my toons in ways I didn't believe possible.

Baden

Analog Kid

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 26 2020, 0:02 AM 

Player

Baden Ironblood wrote:
Huzzahs and high kudos to the AnalogKid! The relationship between Jerand and Derrin has gone on for years, and it has always been a high point to RP with the Kid.

But he has taken it to a higher level in his SD training of Michael. It is my first SD and it was well worth the wait to be trained by such an incredible person. As I told him I wish he was still DMing. But like me family and work comes first. And I respect that.

Thank you AnalogKid for stretching me and my toons in ways I didn't believe possible.

Baden

Awww thanks buddy :) Much obliged. You make it easy though, with your own great rp. I can't take all the credit. A great story line in a game like this can't be done alone. =D

Naela 'Widow': Wandering priestess.
Celinor Triellian: Paladin of Corellon.

Galenson

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 26 2020, 3:13 AM 

Player

Location: Down Under, calculating your demise with blunt expressions.

Hi, I'm Galenson.

You may remember me as that guy most seem to remember but few seem to know. I don't post in this thread often: maybe because my best experiences are the unexpected times often unremembered. Maybe instead because I hold myself to a different standard with different narrative niches then most in what qualifies as "engaging roleplay." Long story short though: perhaps praise needs to be said more often, particularly in such a time where it feels as a general observation that everyone is holding their breaths between the next big DM raid, or waiting for Amia:EE to drop.

I like to divide my time on Amia as a player into three rough phases based off my three main characters: Jack Galenson, Scholar and Jhaeliria D'Vilrath. The Jack Galenson years are well in the past and I will not cover them today: many of the names from that era are history which few will be around to remember. Due to the Underdark environment however, there is a bit of a crossover between my other two characters: Scholar and Jhaeliria.

Some of the characters whom persisted in the Underdark are still present today: those are the ones I will cover first.

Knight Protector as Naltyrr Zau'tar:

Say what one will in the lolthite vs other type of underdark debate, Naltyrr is probably the longest running Underdark character still kicking around. He's pragmatic, and more importantly has his own agendas meaning he can be flexible in adversity and branch out when one particular strand of roleplay goes quiet. Thanks to similar timezones and I suppose similar views, Naltyrr and my characters have naturally fallen in line with one another. Naltyrr also has the important capacity to inject humour into what would otherwise be an over-serious environment which is greatly appreciated.

What is to praise is that Naltyrr's relationship with the Scholar and his relationship with Jhaeliria have been extremely different.

From my perspective, Naltyrr's constant skepticism of the Scholar and Naltyrr's utter surprise (more accurately, everyone's surprise) of Scholar's successes always resulted in a Rick and Morty style "you son of a bitch, I'm in!" stance between the two. The Scholar had vision and had the will to make his vision happen: Naltyrr in response rode the wave of success to achieve his own goals in the process. I had little to worry about with Naltyrr as the Scholar so long as I kept achieving what I needed to achieve. That produced a tension of its own between the two: There was a respect of the other's capability present, but by his nature the Scholar felt above Naltyrr as he did everyone. I don't particularly think this bothered Naltyrr however: atleast the Scholar could be reasoned with, unlike some priestesses of the time.

Where the Scholar had the vision, the drive, the controversy and the will to make change, Jhaeliria in response is much more subdued. She's more "conventional" and can be classed as a follower rather then a leader due to her station as a lesser daughter of a Matron. She is much weaker then the Scholar also which comes across as a degree of pragmatic caution rather then the former's sheer arrogance in his own capabilities. As a response, Jhaeliria's relationship (much to KP's credit) with Naltyrr is very different: a mentor and apprentice relationship with a healthy amount of rivalry. KP has had the capability to show Naltyrr's experience in his dealings with Jhaeliria: a wizard who is far older, more experienced and more powerful, but also demonstrating that he is a dangerous character with vision and a will to achieve it. It is obvious that he is grooming Jhaeliria to fulfill a role in his plans, which is the opposite to the relationship he had with the Scholar.

KP, keep up the good work: you're a bedrock of the Underdark, and the evil amian communities.

Drakos_Vek as Kerath Zau'tar:

The other longest running Underdark character contender for the same reasons as Naltyrr. As a personal detriment, I was always dismissive of Kerath (or Drakos depending on which name you know him as) with The Scholar. Kerath was just a quiet individual who always just happened to do his own thing at the right place at the right time: never factored in but at the same time never entirely unwelcome. At the same time though, Kerath and the Scholar never really had much need to interact: the Scholar worked in the spotlight, Kerath worked in the shadows and like Naltyrr rode the wave of success to achieve his own goals in the process. Like with Naltyrr, I don't think this ever really bothered Kerath. At the same time though, and this is a compliment, I never really knew with Kerath either.

With a much more subdued personality, Jhaeliria has a much closer working relationship with Kerath then Scholar. Whether its a form of understanding or unspoken pity on Kerath's behalf, I think Kerath recognises that Jhaeliria is an oddball in an otherwise conventional house that has her own talents to bring to the fore. There is also that mentor and apprentice relationship of sorts between the two, in a different way to that relationship between Jhaeliria and Naltyrr, with Kerath getting a chance to demonstrate his collective experience and capability in his own way to the younger Jhaeliria.

Like with KP, Drakos you are a bedrock of the Underdark and evil communities on Amia. Keep it up.

LDR as Tagnik'zur D'Vilrath:

LDR had an interesting start with me: they despised Jack Galenson due to some bad interactions which I can't remember. With that in mind, its funny that I have had close interactions with Tagnik'zur with both of my Underdark characters, and like with Naltyrr and Kerath above it has been from two different spectrums.

Tagnik'zur had the pleasure (or possibly displeasure) of being a Matron when Scholar was in his prime. I often felt that Tagnik'zur was frustrated by the Scholar's vision and his driven adherence to a plan nobody but himself understood, but like many others that vision lined up with her own aims resulting in her begrudgingly riding the wave. At the same time, being a young matron compared to the eight centuries old Scholar, there was a kind of mentorship there: the Scholar feeling the need to counsel and educate the Matron in his own way, even when she didn't want it.

With Jhaeliria, I see the opposite. Where Tagnik'zur was happy to indulge the Scholar's superiority complex, Tagnik'zur has a very established relationship with her daughter: Tagnik'zur is the matron, Jhaeliria the daughter. Through Jhaeliria's eyes, I get to see Tagnik'zur's strengths far more then I did with the Scholar: she's not as subtle as other past matrons, but she knows exactly what she wants. That conviction of purpose makes Tagnik'zur a character that steals the attention as soon as she walks in, even though she's purposefully sitting back and watching things happen in recent events.

Another important dynamic between Jhaeliria and Tagnik'zur is the the "tough love" approach to their relationship. Where Naltyrr is all "do drugs, broaden your horizons and use your talents to think outside the box," Tagnik'zur is very "you're a daughter of a Drow House, my House. Take pride in that, take pride in Lolth and remember what you represent. If you don't, I'll flog you." Yet at the same time, Tagnik'zur is shrewd enough to acknowledge Jhaeliria's lateral approach to problem solving and gives her daughter a degree of free reign to achieve the house's goals. This is an important part of Jhaeliria's identity as a Noble Drow and something LDR has done well.

The only detriment I have is that I don't get to see Tagnik'zur enough due to timezone differences and LDR's other current commitments. I would very much like to see Tagnik'zur at her prime once again, and that force of personality making waves like she did in the past. Despite that, Tagnik'zur continues to play an important role for my characters LDR: may she continue to do so.

And to some other meaningful interactions I've had with Jhaeliria:

Lilide as Roshnak:

An Orog too smart for his own boots, that pretends to be alot dumber then he is. There is an interesting dynamic between Roshnak and Jhaeliria, both of them thinking they are superior to the other but also acknowledging each other's talents. Roshnak always has this scolding demeanour, like he's chastising an ignorant youth of "how the real world works" when he interacts with Jhaeliria. At the same time, I think he appreciates having someone who doesn't see him as a lesser slave which he can have an intellectual conversation with.

Always a pleasure Lilide.

Nakomis Wulfen as Kaci:

I've interacted with Darby and a few of Nakomis' older characters before: they were never bad interactions, but it was always a case of differences in preference. I had my preference of roleplay themes, Nakomis had theirs and as a result it was (atleast to me) always a case of "you do you, I do me" in an amicable way.

Kaci surprised me in that respect. A character who understood very quickly that Jhaeliria was evil, and proud of being evil, but at the same time an intellectual who preferred to talk rather then murder, pillage and burn. Maybe there is a sense of understanding on Kaci's behalf, maybe Kaci just likes the topic of conversation. But so far she hasn't had a swing at Jhaeliria yet, which means I'll continue to talk to Kaci should their paths cross.

SevK as Xa'chena Tinnerai:

Xa'chena and Jhaeliria have had some interesting conversations, particularly of the philosophical kind. There is a clash in ideologies between the two: Jhaeliria being the younger, evil Underdarker Drow who believes in what she is, and Xa'chena the older the Drow with the wisdom of time on her side going "I was you once. It did me no favours." The discussion over identity and purpose was a very engaging session.

That the two haven't come to blows tells me that there will likely be more sessions in the future. If I can drag Xa'chena back below willingly, then I'll walk away satisfied.

SlkNihilus as Phyr'tana:

Nihilus and I have roleplayed on an off periodically over the years. We also DM'd together and shared very similar vision in our roleplay complexity and the darker themes that shape them. As always, its a pleasure on the rare times these days I get to RP with Nihilus.

In Phyr'tana, I get to see a glimpse of the Amian past: it is refreshing to see a character who still believes she is the apex of creation on two legs, and more importantly acts like she is the apex of creation on two legs. As soon as Phyr'tana walks into the room, the relationship is established immediately: she is the boss, and you are either a distraction for her to toy with or an irritation. Her constant chastisement of other established entities such as Naltyrr is refreshing to see, just as her broad, intellectual scope is utterly engaging if you can get past her superiority complex. There is no doubt that she is a highly dangerous character for one such as Jhaeliria and I say this as a compliment that the younger Drow will always be wary of the bitter priestess.

It is a crime that such a capable character is a washed up, surface hugging shell of a Drow Nihilus. But, she got to where she is organically and her experiences shaped that journey. Always a pleasure. Hopefully there's more future interactions.

And finally, Budly as Barrililath:

I've known Budly for over a decade. I remember when he was banned and why he was banned from Amia: Budly is not afraid to share his beliefs and his characters are very much the same. If Budly ever plays a character that doesn't make waves, I will be asking him if he's ok.

Barrililath, similar to Phyr'tana above, makes waves as soon as she steps in the room. She acts like an Ultrinnan Drow does: arrogant and demanding to a fault. If she doesn't like you, you know about it immediately. If she doesn't like what you think, you know about it immediately. In response, if characters don't like Barrililath you know about it immediately. The irony is that she acts like the apex of creation on two legs, but is also tainted by being "mixed blood." Its a delicious irony with lots of character growth.

Its been touched on in other threads the amount of work that has gone into grooming Barrililath's more chaotic and destructive habits so I will not repeat them here. There have been some times where I have sat in my chair going "Jhaeliria could have almost died just now" which emphasises how dangerous, but also just how capable Barrililath can be as a character. I think Barrililath sees Jhaeliria with a great degree of annoyance and frustration over the grooming habits, partly because I think Barrililath sees Jhaeliria as limiting her from what she possibly -can- be. At the same time I think Barrililath appreciates being seen for the capable Drow beneath the monster, rather then just being dismissed as an annoyance or a threat.

Suffice to say, Barrililath is a highly capable character with alot of depth. The relationship between her an Jhaeliria is about curbing her more self-destructive tendencies and remembering the strength of the Drow over the Dragon which has made no shortage of tense moments. May they continue into the future.

"I'll think of something once Amia:EE drops."

Budly

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 29 2020, 1:39 AM 

Player

Drows! <3!

Genar_Detkasa

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 29 2020, 2:15 AM 

Player

To the drows! Thanks for being the first big test cases in drow powers session!

NWN Account Name: KnightProtector

Yimmi

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 31 2020, 4:12 AM 

Player

To those who took part on todays high hunt... You where amazing, the feeling of your pcs where genuine and motivating, i was so happy to see so many different reactions to the happenings! You all rock

Budly

PostPosted: Sun, May 17 2020, 0:50 AM 

Player

The Eccentric Elf, Valiandris and the stoic Mihaela, such different individuals yet they had a interesting and meaningful disccusion! Thank you VKB.

Lord-Jyssev

PostPosted: Fri, Jun 05 2020, 22:03 PM 

Developer

Wanted to thank Crag Sandhill (BadTideRising) for some hilarious RP during a marathon hunting session. Going fully in character when blinded/feared was excellent and spurned a lot of laughs!

Budly

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 20 2020, 17:24 PM 

Player

Our tiny but excellent Drow community need more praise! Thanks to all today that was around earlier this day in L'Obsul! :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8738 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 171, 172, 173, 174, 175