| AMIA ARCHIVE https://www.amiaworld.net/phpBB3/ |
|
| Alternate Beginnings - The Monestary of the Frozen Hand https://www.amiaworld.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72259 |
Page 1 of 4 |
| Author: | Amarice-Elaraliel [ Sun, Jun 30 2013, 20:13 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Alternate Beginnings - The Monestary of the Frozen Hand |
In the light of my current projects, I felt an alternate beginning would fit for my planned changes rather well. Mind, most of this will happen in the evening GMT times, afternoon EST times. Bit more flexible when it comes to weekends. This will be the knowledge your characters will start with: In the areas of Frozenfar, Forrstakkr and Brogendenstein rumors spread that the famous Master Rashim, also known the Master of the Freezing Fist, has come to Frozenfar to teach young monks. Apart of those areas, those news also spread through all of Faerûn, wherever there is ice and snow. Prequisites: Your character must be a monk. You can however multiclass to any degree. Your character must respects auril's teachings, but does not necessarily have to serve her directly. Your character must be new. Your character must be either LE or LN (in order to fit the monk requirement + being favourable towards the auril faith) You agree to not level your character on your own until Master Rashim allows you to venture out alone. Your character will recive IG training and IG quests. This is the way you will gain experience until your Master deems the students worthy to train on their own. As you can already see, this will be a new kind of approach which I hope will spark quite an interesting kind of new beginning and "leveling" opposing to the usual go out and grind. No worry you will face NPC mobs too of course. This also means (as a proper monk) you won't have any gold. But you will not need to, you will get training gear from your master, depending on your training level. Your characters will all wear the same outfit and classically their rank is shown by the belt color. As a real monestary the belts will be earned by training and tournaments! Now for people who have already many alts, I do not forbid you to take part in this. You are welcome too. However, I want you to reflect if you really want this and if you really can hold a steady interest. Nothing is more frustrating for a group than to be in the middle of events and suddenly half the group disappears and is only seen jumping around on alts while the rest of the group is stuck and cannot move on. So please, be considerate. Lastly, I do not want to go ahead too much and give too many spoilers. You will not have a Dojo/Monestary fromt the beginning. But the Aurelite church has plans and will want the new recruits to work themself for their new home, hence why interested students were called for. How and why and where, you will have to find out in game. Ideally this would be great to be a group of 6-8. But I am flexible and if more or less are interested I can adjust. On July the 6th I will be away for 2 weeks and return monday 22nd. I will start this when I return and it will give you plenty time to come up with a build and a nice background. Also to make requests and get them approved if your idea requires any DC requests or otherwise DM approval. |
|
| Author: | Silent2001 [ Tue, Jul 02 2013, 1:24 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Alternate Beginnings - The Monestary of the Frozen Hand |
I'm interested, but my time is sketchy of late, if there's a consistent time/day then I could make time. EDIT: But if that isn't doable that's cool! I just know how annoying it is to get all those pesky alt beginning folk on at once. |
|
| Author: | Amarice-Elaraliel [ Tue, Jul 02 2013, 12:57 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Alternate Beginnings - The Monestary of the Frozen Hand |
Works for me just fine. I'd only like everyone to be there at once for the initial event. Since I have the whole week off still when I return from my holiday, I will be pretty flexible time wise. After that, training sessions and tasks can also be given to smaller groups, that adds a little more flexibility. Given we get enough people together at all. |
|
| Author: | Tyris [ Tue, Jul 02 2013, 14:33 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Alternate Beginnings - The Monestary of the Frozen Hand |
Would you prefer non-kama\Quaterstaff using monks or does it matter? |
|
| Author: | Amarice-Elaraliel [ Tue, Jul 02 2013, 14:46 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Alternate Beginnings - The Monestary of the Frozen Hand |
Doesn't matter. Fist, Kama, Quaterstaff, Shuriken, whatever tickles you fancy. |
|
| Author: | dayfer [ Tue, Jul 02 2013, 19:57 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Alternate Beginnings - The Monestary of the Frozen Hand |
I've actually been planning on coming back around here for a little while and an alt. beginnings seems like a perfect way in to do so, and with no more reasons to play any of my old alts with them being otherwise waylaid I'll actually be up for putting in the commitment needed for once. Lore wise is there anywhere in particular one should look to find info on Auril? Oh, and as for timings I'm free most days after around 4pm GMT until 10ish |
|
| Author: | mirvala- [ Tue, Jul 02 2013, 20:38 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Alternate Beginnings - The Monestary of the Frozen Hand |
That sounds interesting! Is there any racial restriction? |
|
| Author: | Amarice-Elaraliel [ Tue, Jul 02 2013, 20:55 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Alternate Beginnings - The Monestary of the Frozen Hand |
Not really, no. Though preferrably no fire genasis XD About Auril... your character can actively serve Auril. Though it is not a requirement. He/she just needs to respect her. Here's a little something of her though: http://amiawiki.shatuga.com/index.php?title=Auril Auril's main allies are Umberlee and Talos. Wheras Talos is her superior. It is very frowned upon by the church to slay arctic creatures without a damn good reason. Killing an Aurelite cleric is a no-go. Fire also isn't liked. That's about the most facts. |
|
| Author: | Rigela [ Tue, Jul 02 2013, 20:58 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Alternate Beginnings - The Monestary of the Frozen Hand |
And beware of 4ed stuff! Auril is the Unseelie Queen/God there, which she ain't in our setting |
|
| Author: | Amarice-Elaraliel [ Fri, Jul 05 2013, 22:52 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Alternate Beginnings - The Monestary of the Frozen Hand |
Alright, keep it going guys! We will speak some stuff through when I get back before we start. |
|
| Author: | Mobile_Svensk [ Sat, Jul 06 2013, 3:23 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Alternate Beginnings - The Monestary of the Frozen Hand |
But fire is a must in cold regions? How on earth do you survive otherwise. Isn't aurils dogma about respecting winter, and fearing/respecting/venerating auril herself. Surely she doesn't want her followers to die... that would diminished her powers. |
|
| Author: | Gers [ Sat, Jul 06 2013, 4:57 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Alternate Beginnings - The Monestary of the Frozen Hand |
Auril gives her followers gifts against the cold, i.e., doesn't turn her wrath on them. |
|
| Author: | Dead [ Sat, Jul 06 2013, 14:19 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Alternate Beginnings - The Monestary of the Frozen Hand |
Very_Svensk wrote: But fire is a must in cold regions? How on earth do you survive otherwise. Isn't aurils dogma about respecting winter, and fearing/respecting/venerating auril herself. Surely she doesn't want her followers to die... that would diminished her powers. There was a discussion about such in druid thread I believe. |
|
| Author: | Kamina [ Sun, Jul 14 2013, 23:59 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Alternate Beginnings - The Monestary of the Frozen Hand |
I'm very interested in this! I have the perfect character in mind! |
|
| Author: | CounterPhobia [ Fri, Jul 19 2013, 3:24 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Alternate Beginnings - The Monestary of the Frozen Hand |
Argh! I would be so interested but RL doesn't allow me much time to play |
|
| Author: | Jack O'Bannon [ Mon, Jul 22 2013, 13:47 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Alternate Beginnings - The Monestary of the Frozen Hand |
I'm back after a long break and im interested! |
|
| Author: | Amarice-Elaraliel [ Mon, Jul 22 2013, 14:27 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Alternate Beginnings - The Monestary of the Frozen Hand |
Ok I am back now! Pretty sleepy and such but hey, I made it. Will start to prepare stuff now so I can set a start for this soon. Hands up who's still interested! |
|
| Author: | Kamina [ Mon, Jul 22 2013, 14:28 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Alternate Beginnings - The Monestary of the Frozen Hand |
I am I am! |
|
| Author: | Jack O'Bannon [ Mon, Jul 22 2013, 14:37 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Alternate Beginnings - The Monestary of the Frozen Hand |
Hand's up. |
|
| Author: | dayfer [ Mon, Jul 22 2013, 18:12 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Alternate Beginnings - The Monestary of the Frozen Hand |
Me. |
|
| Author: | Gondor [ Mon, Jul 22 2013, 20:03 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Alternate Beginnings - The Monestary of the Frozen Hand |
I am, though, waiting on my request |
|
| Author: | Eurgiga [ Tue, Jul 23 2013, 4:43 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Alternate Beginnings - The Monestary of the Frozen Hand |
Si! I need to PM you ideas to make sure you're okay with them. |
|
| Author: | Amarice-Elaraliel [ Tue, Jul 23 2013, 10:18 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Alternate Beginnings - The Monestary of the Frozen Hand |
I'll check on that request. If anyone needs any info or is unsure about something feel free to PM me. |
|
| Author: | Gondor [ Wed, Jul 24 2013, 9:25 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Alternate Beginnings - The Monestary of the Frozen Hand |
Any idea when this would start? Personally, I'm on vacation from the 31th July till 7 August, but I can surely make all other meetings. |
|
| Author: | Amarice-Elaraliel [ Thu, Jul 25 2013, 13:25 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Alternate Beginnings - The Monestary of the Frozen Hand |
Okay, the one request which needed DM approval was approved. For another we need to work out 1-2 details. Sadly I caught a cold thanks to the plane's air condition, hooray. Doesn't seem to be too bad though. So all should fit. Anyhow... seeing likely most have different timezones and some need to create their characters and flesh out some more details, how does sunday sound? Maybe around noon/afternoon US times, later afternoon/early evening Euro times? I'm affraid I can't on saturday and tomorrow may be a bit short notice. Alternatively I can do every weekday those times too. I am home from work 4 pm GMT and available for at least 5-6 hours from then. |
|
| Author: | Kamina [ Thu, Jul 25 2013, 13:32 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Alternate Beginnings - The Monestary of the Frozen Hand |
I'd, personally, prefer it to start in the week, though I should be available for all the dates |
|
| Author: | dayfer [ Thu, Jul 25 2013, 16:16 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Alternate Beginnings - The Monestary of the Frozen Hand |
Weekday's best for me, though there is the chance I still won't have my PC up and running by then (I should) there's been a few unexpected blips, namely a DoA motherboard and an ill fitting case. |
|
| Author: | Gondor [ Thu, Jul 25 2013, 16:44 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Alternate Beginnings - The Monestary of the Frozen Hand |
Yeah prefer weekdays! But it really depends, since I'm leaving the 31st, next week will be rather busy. But I think I can manage monday. |
|
| Author: | eighteenzero2 [ Thu, Jul 25 2013, 18:29 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Alternate Beginnings - The Monestary of the Frozen Hand |
Still interested in this too, just sunday is no good for starting for me. Hopefully some weekday afternoon. Looking forward to getting started and being included. In short, *waves a hand* Thanks. |
|
| Author: | Amarice-Elaraliel [ Thu, Jul 25 2013, 18:59 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Alternate Beginnings - The Monestary of the Frozen Hand |
Monday works for me in the mentioned time-frame. |
|
| Author: | Gondor [ Thu, Jul 25 2013, 19:34 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Alternate Beginnings - The Monestary of the Frozen Hand |
Amarice-Elaraliel wrote: Monday works for me in the mentioned time-frame. Likewise! |
|
| Author: | Kamina [ Thu, Jul 25 2013, 19:47 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Alternate Beginnings - The Monestary of the Frozen Hand |
Monday would be awesome. |
|
| Author: | dayfer [ Thu, Jul 25 2013, 21:03 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Alternate Beginnings - The Monestary of the Frozen Hand |
Alrighty then, heavily doubtful I'll be able to make that I'm afraid so I'll just duck out. Have fun though! |
|
| Author: | Amarice-Elaraliel [ Thu, Jul 25 2013, 21:06 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Alternate Beginnings - The Monestary of the Frozen Hand |
You said weekday's is best for you? if you say you can't make it the first time because your compu isn't fixed by then we can still join you in a tad later if you want to! |
|
| Author: | dayfer [ Thu, Jul 25 2013, 21:24 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Alternate Beginnings - The Monestary of the Frozen Hand |
Provided that doesn't screw things too badly I'd be fine with that, yeah. Time-frame wise once I'm sorted I'll be free any day essentially. |
|
| Author: | Amarice-Elaraliel [ Thu, Jul 25 2013, 21:25 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Alternate Beginnings - The Monestary of the Frozen Hand |
Oh that's fine. You'll get a stone strapped to your back and 50 rounds of extra running to catch up with the training. <.< |
|
| Author: | corypx [ Thu, Jul 25 2013, 21:30 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Alternate Beginnings - The Monestary of the Frozen Hand |
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjeVB7Me1yA |
|
| Author: | Kamina [ Sun, Jul 28 2013, 8:59 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Alternate Beginnings - The Monestary of the Frozen Hand |
Have we got an exact time for this for tomorrow? |
|
| Author: | Amarice-Elaraliel [ Sun, Jul 28 2013, 18:06 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Alternate Beginnings - The Monestary of the Frozen Hand |
How about this time tomorrow? Would be 8 pm my time and should be 6 pm GMT and 2 pm Eastern US time. If daylight savings didn't screw me over again. >.> |
|
| Author: | Jack O'Bannon [ Sun, Jul 28 2013, 18:45 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Alternate Beginnings - The Monestary of the Frozen Hand |
The time looks great to me! |
|
| Author: | Kamina [ Mon, Jul 29 2013, 6:26 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Alternate Beginnings - The Monestary of the Frozen Hand |
Jack O'Bannon wrote: The time looks great to me!
|
|
| Author: | Gondor [ Mon, Jul 29 2013, 7:49 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Alternate Beginnings - The Monestary of the Frozen Hand |
Likewise. |
|
| Author: | Jack O'Bannon [ Mon, Jul 29 2013, 14:22 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Alternate Beginnings - The Monestary of the Frozen Hand |
Sorry i cant make it. Wont be able to be online till wednesday. |
|
| Author: | Kamina [ Mon, Jul 29 2013, 14:37 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Alternate Beginnings - The Monestary of the Frozen Hand |
Having some Internet issues, really hope i can make it! !!! |
|
| Author: | Gondor [ Mon, Jul 29 2013, 14:42 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Alternate Beginnings - The Monestary of the Frozen Hand |
Meh, which means not many of us are left to play today. I can only play today or perhaps if necessary I can play tomorrow as well. After my vacation 31th till 8th I should be able to make anything. |
|
| Author: | Gondor [ Mon, Jul 29 2013, 14:42 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Alternate Beginnings - The Monestary of the Frozen Hand |
Meh, which means not many of us are left to play today. I can only play today or perhaps if necessary I can play tomorrow as well. After my vacation 31th till 8th I should be able to make anything. |
|
| Author: | Kamina [ Mon, Jul 29 2013, 15:12 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Alternate Beginnings - The Monestary of the Frozen Hand |
I'm not a definite no, just my ISP is playing up. |
|
| Author: | Kamina [ Mon, Jul 29 2013, 17:52 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Alternate Beginnings - The Monestary of the Frozen Hand |
As it is close to the beginning of the event, and my situation has not improved, I'm unfortunately unable to join in, unless a miracle happens. I'm so gutted as I've been really excited to start this... |
|
| Author: | Amarice-Elaraliel [ Mon, Jul 29 2013, 18:01 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Alternate Beginnings - The Monestary of the Frozen Hand |
Hm... seems only one can make it then? That#s a rather bad quota. Haha. Not that I mind if a few start in a bit later but if it is nearly all we might want to postpone it. |
|
| Author: | Eurgiga [ Mon, Jul 29 2013, 18:06 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Alternate Beginnings - The Monestary of the Frozen Hand |
I kin make it. It'll be slightly sporadic but I'll be there. |
|
| Page 1 of 4 | All times are UTC |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|