AMIA ARCHIVE
https://www.amiaworld.net/phpBB3/

Tips for custom summon
https://www.amiaworld.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=64077
Page 1 of 1

Author:  psycho [ Sun, Feb 19 2012, 8:17 AM ]
Post subject:  Tips for custom summon

Don't know if I wrote this in the right section but here goes.

I'm not much of a lore junkie. I don't have any D&D books and my pen and paper experience comes mostly from my time playing second edition D&D.

I'd wish to eventually ask for a custom reskin for one of my characters ( mummy dust ).

Vaguely, my concept will probably revolve around asking for an epic gorgon-like reskin. Perhaps a Storm or Iron Gorgon which would be probably based around the "magical beast" basic summon.

Not much is written in the net, but I like the idea of a "big bull-like creature", though from what i've read they are totally impossible to -tame-. But, then again I suppose magic doesn't involve "taming", I mean, who would "tame" , say , a Pharaoh Sentinel?

Perhaps someone has another idea, but the idea would be a "Bull-like creature of epic strength".

Maybe an upper tier Celestial Minotaur could work, I guess, but what would it be called?

Though I do rather like the idea of a ferocious, charging animal under her command. ( can't be evil though)

Author:  serbiris [ Sun, Feb 19 2012, 8:27 AM ]
Post subject:  Re: Tips for custom summon

This could probably go into the lore forum. Or is it a subforum? Well there's a section for it, anyway.

As for great bull creature... first that comes to mind, there is a very large (gargantuan size category I believe edit: no wait it's just huge - dragon summon size, for comparison) called a Goristro. It's so large that it's often fitted with a howdah where other demons sit and cast spells. I'll edit this post if I can think of more.

Is demon/other alignment stuff an issue, though? Normally that's how it goes for outsider summons but it might be possible to summon something outside of that restriction by way of some kind of binding magic. Forcing a demon into your service is reasonable for a neutral PC (though perhaps not a good PC in most circumstances). DMs might say no on this though.

Author:  TormakSaber [ Sun, Feb 19 2012, 22:41 PM ]
Post subject:  Re: Tips for custom summon

Not evil?

big animal?

Good aligned work ok?

Werebear model - Warden Archon.

Author:  Estara [ Mon, Feb 20 2012, 3:06 AM ]
Post subject:  Re: Tips for custom summon

TormakSaber wrote:
Not evil?

big animal?

Good aligned work ok?

Werebear model - Warden Archon.


Doooooo eeeeeet.

Author:  psycho [ Mon, Feb 20 2012, 5:34 AM ]
Post subject:  Re: Tips for custom summon

What Tormak said.... Hmm...not bad.

Oh and please, -how- may I check the available Amia skins? I know it's in the toolset but how to access it?

Also, i've also got this other idea about perhaps a "Dancing Sword" construct type summon. Looking similar to the Black Blade of Disaster.

Mind you all this is all in a preliminary stage and when decided I will RP accordingly.

Author:  Selvec Darkon [ Mon, Feb 20 2012, 6:39 AM ]
Post subject:  Re: Tips for custom summon

Skins can be anything thats a model in game, obviously within' reason however. We aren't going to accept you summoning a house as a familar, or a boat or something else rather silly.

Author:  corypx [ Mon, Feb 20 2012, 7:04 AM ]
Post subject:  Re: Tips for custom summon

Selvec Darkon wrote:
Skins can be anything thats a model in game, obviously within' reason however. We aren't going to accept you summoning a house as a familar, or a boat or something else rather silly.


can I shapeshift into a boat, by shapeshifting into a mimic who uses Mimic Shape to turn into a boat? :D

Author:  Selvec Darkon [ Mon, Feb 20 2012, 9:54 AM ]
Post subject:  Re: Tips for custom summon

Yes. But in doing so you will turn into a childs boat. The only sea's you shall sail will be those in a urine & soap, doomed to be the constant victim of the ferocious family beagle and forever abused by sticky, grubby little hands.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/