AMIA ARCHIVE
https://www.amiaworld.net/phpBB3/

Newbie question on (epic)summons.
https://www.amiaworld.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=60730
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Knjaz [ Tue, Sep 06 2011, 14:31 PM ]
Post subject:  Newbie question on (epic)summons.

I'm leveling up my first character on this server (wizard), and it's quite heavy summon dependable. Therefore, I'm gonna take a Mummy Dust epic spell. But it has been changed here, and I wasn't able to find any information on what to expect from each of these summons (And I definitely don't want to start all over again if I'll pick the wrong one).
So, is there any information on stats of these summons?


Quote:
The options possible:
• Construct (Epic Transmutation extends)
• Elemental (Epic Evocation extends)
• Magical Beast (Epic Conjuration extends)
• Outsider (Epic Conjuration extends, alignment based summon)
• Undead (Epic Necromancy extends)


If no stats are available, can anyone, please, tell me which one out of this list would be best for passive melee tank/dps role. And what I can expect from elemental, since my wizard has SF in Evocation (Necromancy too, but I'm already starting to think that it was a mistake from RP PoV, and if Elemental summon is an analogue of Djinnie, it's not an option. My wizard doesn't need a second caster)
Edit: Forgot to mention, wizard is Chaotic Neutral. (in case of Outsider summon)

Third question, is there a place where I can get any hint on the stats of other summons?

Author:  Selmak [ Tue, Sep 06 2011, 14:48 PM ]
Post subject:  Re: Newbie question on (epic)summons.

Sorry, not going to give out stats on each thing. They obviously have their own set of individual strengths and weaknesses, and if you've summoned creatures of those types before you'll already know what some of those are.

Alternatively check out the Races section of NWNWiki.

Author:  Silent2001 [ Tue, Sep 06 2011, 14:58 PM ]
Post subject:  Re: Newbie question on (epic)summons.

Pick the summon that best suits the character.

Author:  Knjaz [ Tue, Sep 06 2011, 15:05 PM ]
Post subject:  Re: Newbie question on (epic)summons.

Selmak wrote:
Sorry, not going to give out stats on each thing. They obviously have their own set of individual strengths and weaknesses, and if you've summoned creatures of those types before you'll already know what some of those are.

Alternatively check out the Races section of NWNWiki.


Thank you for reply.
Then, can you, please, tell me the names of creatures being summoned? For example I definitely don't want a water elemental. Or a "pixie" magic beast.
Or better, what not to take if I don't need a second spellcaster. My wizard is fragile, and he'd most probably get a meatshield, then someone as weak as him.

Silent2001 wrote:

Pick the summon that best suits the character.


Oh, it's easy. Constructs, elementals are good, magic beasts and outsiders are also an option, as long as they don't represent forces of Good or Evil. Thing is, I have no idea what I'll get under those creature types. (except for construct... maybe. If it won't be some archer-type)
Undead probably not.
And taking into account I'm very new player here, and don't have much friends I can call into game, I have to solo alot.

Author:  Sylfwe [ Tue, Sep 06 2011, 15:10 PM ]
Post subject:  Re: Newbie question on (epic)summons.

The options you have:
Outsider (Epic Conjuration Extends, Alignment Based Summon)
Construct (Epic Transmutation Extends)
Elemental (Epic Evocation Extends)
Magical Beast (Epic Conjuration Extends)
Undead (Epic Necromancy Extends)

The Summons

Good Outsider: Arcadian Avenger
Neutral Outsider: Githzerai Savant
Evil Outsider: Corruptor of Fate

Construct: Marut Inevitable
Elemental: Ancient Air Elemental
Magical Beast: Sirrush

Undead: Pharoah Sentinel

Also, you don't have to solo a lot, just use the party ball to find people around your level (although some don't like it, I do for one), or look around for companions through your daily interactions.

Author:  Knjaz [ Tue, Sep 06 2011, 15:35 PM ]
Post subject:  Re: Newbie question on (epic)summons.

Thank you.

Guess construct or ancient air elemental (hope it won't fall into caster category, which will be as well totally ooRP for my wiz) then.

Author:  Silent2001 [ Tue, Sep 06 2011, 16:06 PM ]
Post subject:  Re: Newbie question on (epic)summons.

They're all melee based I believe.

Author:  psycho [ Tue, Sep 06 2011, 18:59 PM ]
Post subject:  Re: Newbie question on (epic)summons.

Dont' worry about it, they're all a -giant- leap over the summon 9 ones.

That and they all practically -never- die at lower to mid epic areas when properly buffed.

Author:  Genar_Detkasa [ Wed, Sep 07 2011, 1:41 AM ]
Post subject:  Re: Newbie question on (epic)summons.

The Construct summon is now a Geared Guardian. (something from the plane of Mechanus I believe?)
Same stats as the old Marut, but makes more sense since a Marut is all about smacking necromancer-type stuff, which would've made them off-limits to those interested in necromancy.

Author:  psycho [ Wed, Sep 07 2011, 2:52 AM ]
Post subject:  Re: Newbie question on (epic)summons.

Same stats as old Marut? I've been told by several players it had been gimped greatly and nowhere near the strength of the "old Marut". Just relaying what I heard though.

Author:  Genar_Detkasa [ Wed, Sep 07 2011, 3:10 AM ]
Post subject:  Re: Newbie question on (epic)summons.

That might be so yeah, doesn't really matter since it was just a balance change and not a lore-related one.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/