| AMIA ARCHIVE https://www.amiaworld.net/phpBB3/ |
|
| Is there even a point to roleplaying an evil character? https://www.amiaworld.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=58259 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | LughLlaw [ Wed, Jun 01 2011, 1:11 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Is there even a point to roleplaying an evil character? |
For the past two nights, I've attempted to engage random adventurers in roleplay. My character in question is a drow murderer/slave trader. If you get caught in a Tangle Trap and are immobilized and told, "Five hundred coins for your life." the typical answer so far has been, "**** off a**hole your a dick go **** off" In the rare cases when those being robbed by my greedy, neutral evil drow have roleplayed it out a bit they always get extremely hostile when I back up my claim and kill their character (With an immediate OOC ressurection of course) because they refused to pay the fee...to a robber. Doing what a robber does. So I ask you, why is it acceptable to play out the scenario, but when it doesn't pan out towards the players liking I get comments like, "**** you." or, "HiPS ******", "*****", "**** your mother ***** and *****" and various other mean things? I'm just going to stop playing my evil characters, because why bother? I'll just be a happy go lucky chaotic good ranger trying to shake off the remnants of his past who uses scimitars instead. |
|
| Author: | jimbono1 [ Wed, Jun 01 2011, 1:13 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Is there even a point to roleplaying an evil character? |
Answer to the thread title. No. |
|
| Author: | Jes [ Wed, Jun 01 2011, 1:14 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Is there even a point to roleplaying an evil character? |
Actually, this will probably not remain open for very long. But to answer your post, rather than the topic question, I quote the PvP rules, as it doesn't sound like you gave this to your opponents: PvP Rules wrote: 3. You must give the other party a reasonable chance to back down from the PvP In Character. Meaning with using the traps - not the gold "out" you give them immediately after the trap PvP. |
|
| Author: | Nivo [ Wed, Jun 01 2011, 1:15 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Is there even a point to roleplaying an evil character? |
Jes wrote: Actually, this will probably not remain open for very long. But to answer your post, rather than the topic question, I quote the PvP rules, as it doesn't sound like you gave this to your opponents: PvP Rules wrote: 3. You must give the other party a reasonable chance to back down from the PvP In Character. Meaning with using the traps - not the gold "out" you give them immediately after the trap PvP. +1. |
|
| Author: | LughLlaw [ Wed, Jun 01 2011, 1:18 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Is there even a point to roleplaying an evil character? |
I only used the trap once. The other times I approached players, and depending on the area I found them in requested a sum of gold as an "out" (Usually anywhere from 50-500 gold. Nothing huge.) |
|
| Author: | Lascivar [ Wed, Jun 01 2011, 2:03 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Is there even a point to roleplaying an evil character? |
LughLlaw wrote: I only used the trap once. The other times I approached players, and depending on the area I found them in requested a sum of gold as an "out" (Usually anywhere from 50-500 gold. Nothing huge.) I believe that you can't offer an actual physical monetary loss as an out (although in the RP you can). Shoot them a tell after the demand for gold and say that they don't actually have to give you gold, but to RP that they are. Thus you're giving them the "shameful" route to back out of a potential PvP situation without any actual loss incurred to their character. If you end up having to kill them, then just RP that you end up scouring their corpse to find the gold you were looking for (or look over their body and ask in a tell if they have any amulet of Lolth or perhaps something else of religious or sentimental value that may annoy them if was stolen - thus giving them a means to RP with you later down the track in retrieving said object). |
|
| Author: | ainjyll [ Wed, Jun 01 2011, 2:05 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Is there even a point to roleplaying an evil character? |
The point of playing an evil character is to be a catalyst for the advancement of the plot that is the world of Amia. Before this spins out of control like every other thread similar in topic to this one.....
|
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|