View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
LughLlaw
 
PostPosted: Wed, Jun 01 2011, 1:11 AM 



Player

Joined: 04 Apr 2011

For the past two nights, I've attempted to engage random adventurers in roleplay. My character in question is a drow murderer/slave trader. If you get caught in a Tangle Trap and are immobilized and told, "Five hundred coins for your life." the typical answer so far has been, "**** off a**hole your a dick go **** off" In the rare cases when those being robbed by my greedy, neutral evil drow have roleplayed it out a bit they always get extremely hostile when I back up my claim and kill their character (With an immediate OOC ressurection of course) because they refused to pay the fee...to a robber. Doing what a robber does.

So I ask you, why is it acceptable to play out the scenario, but when it doesn't pan out towards the players liking I get comments like, "**** you." or, "HiPS ******", "*****", "**** your mother ***** and *****" and various other mean things? I'm just going to stop playing my evil characters, because why bother? I'll just be a happy go lucky chaotic good ranger trying to shake off the remnants of his past who uses scimitars instead.


 
      
jimbono1
 
PostPosted: Wed, Jun 01 2011, 1:13 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 30 Sep 2007
Location: England

Answer to the thread title. No.

_________________
Khaldun Menetnashte Khalfani
Victor Wilkinson
Silent2001 wrote:
Jimbono1 is my favourite.

^totally not a lie or anything.


 
      
Jes
 
PostPosted: Wed, Jun 01 2011, 1:14 AM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 23 Aug 2006
Location: Camriiole

Actually, this will probably not remain open for very long. But to answer your post, rather than the topic question, I quote the PvP rules, as it doesn't sound like you gave this to your opponents:

PvP Rules wrote:
3. You must give the other party a reasonable chance to back down from the PvP In Character.


Meaning with using the traps - not the gold "out" you give them immediately after the trap PvP.

_________________
Login: The Copper Queen
Cromlech - The Best Copper This Side of Ruathym
Zelly Cys'dina - The Wounded Soul, Also Merchant

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf


See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice


 
      
Nivo
 
PostPosted: Wed, Jun 01 2011, 1:15 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 09 Jan 2009
Location: East of Elsewhere, West of Sometime

Jes wrote:
Actually, this will probably not remain open for very long. But to answer your post, rather than the topic question, I quote the PvP rules, as it doesn't sound like you gave this to your opponents:

PvP Rules wrote:
3. You must give the other party a reasonable chance to back down from the PvP In Character.


Meaning with using the traps - not the gold "out" you give them immediately after the trap PvP.


+1.

_________________
Playing:
Marcus Valis


 
      
LughLlaw
 
PostPosted: Wed, Jun 01 2011, 1:18 AM 



Player

Joined: 04 Apr 2011

I only used the trap once. The other times I approached players, and depending on the area I found them in requested a sum of gold as an "out" (Usually anywhere from 50-500 gold. Nothing huge.)


 
      
Lascivar
 
PostPosted: Wed, Jun 01 2011, 2:03 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 09 Feb 2006
Location: Queensland, Australia.

LughLlaw wrote:
I only used the trap once. The other times I approached players, and depending on the area I found them in requested a sum of gold as an "out" (Usually anywhere from 50-500 gold. Nothing huge.)


I believe that you can't offer an actual physical monetary loss as an out (although in the RP you can). Shoot them a tell after the demand for gold and say that they don't actually have to give you gold, but to RP that they are.

Thus you're giving them the "shameful" route to back out of a potential PvP situation without any actual loss incurred to their character. If you end up having to kill them, then just RP that you end up scouring their corpse to find the gold you were looking for (or look over their body and ask in a tell if they have any amulet of Lolth or perhaps something else of religious or sentimental value that may annoy them if was stolen - thus giving them a means to RP with you later down the track in retrieving said object).

_________________
Current characters:
Nazeris Defir
Malicar Drakespire


 
      
ainjyll
 
PostPosted: Wed, Jun 01 2011, 2:05 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 14 Jun 2006
Location: wilmington, nc

The point of playing an evil character is to be a catalyst for the advancement of the plot that is the world of Amia.

Before this spins out of control like every other thread similar in topic to this one.....

Image

_________________
Image

"I once took the high road and it took me straight to hell and I stood there all by myself." -Hank III


 
      
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 74 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group