| AMIA ARCHIVE https://www.amiaworld.net/phpBB3/ |
|
| European Beginnings https://www.amiaworld.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=57541 |
Page 1 of 8 |
| Author: | Silent2001 [ Wed, Apr 27 2011, 2:14 AM ] |
| Post subject: | European Beginnings |
Howdy folks, I'm going to be running an alternate beginnings campain held in european friendly(ish) time zones. It will be run on Tuesday 9PM-Midnight GMT. First of all I want to know how many of you are interested and how many of you can make this time. Post it here if you are as my PM box is filled with faction stuff, and plot requests. Bear in mind that I will be encouraging forum roleplay and an indepth character backstory with the concept I present to you, along with the premise. There will also be a bit of reading material for those interested, which can be found here: http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/tsr1066.zip http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/tsr9340.zip http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/tsr9333.zip Thanks! Silent2001 wrote: The players: AxlLeigh Dwagin Dramatic_Prince Jes Linlan Uncle-Opustus Phearnun Rigela Slknihilus Travis Jimbono Lord-Jyssev Silent2001 wrote: First session will take place on the 7th of June, tuesday, at 9PM GMT. I'll need your final submissions in on the 31st of May, they'll be getting sent out to you guys by the end of next week. v Silent2001 wrote: Concepts Journeyman - jimbono1 Amoral Mercenary - Slknihlus Conflicted Mercenary - Phearnun Moneychanger - Lord-Jyssev -- Natives Squirrely slave - Linlan Young hotblooded tribesman - Rigela Deluded Clergyman - Resigned slave - Dramatic_Prince Determined Pragmatist - Uncle-Opustus Conniving Outcast - Travis Stockholm Syndrome - AxlLeigh Venerable Leader - Dwagin Compassionate Matron - Koragi/Jes Excuse terribad grammar. Quote: NATIVE PREMISE Interlopers! They came in the night, honourless and many, they killed your friends, butchered your family and sacked your temples. How dare they slight the gods! Their reach was far and the leader of the group employed foul magics to ensure success with every engagement, the people fought furiously for survival but still they fell, their warriors had superior equipment and the traitorous payit worked alongside the fiends. What were these pale skinned monstrosities? They were not a part of the Golden Legion. Were they hands of Zaltec here to punish us for our failings? The effortless rampage was impossible to stem, the tide of blood and slaughter was reminiscent of a feather war. Even after you had been captured they routinely killed men in cold blood, and took the women into the canopy to ‘experience’ what the True World had to offer. You were marched ragged across the True World, people from all walks of life were snatched up and forced to carry the loot from their conquests. Babies weren’t subjected to the slaughter, but they were left to their own devices against the pleas of their parents. The old and the lame were put down brutally, and those that fell behind were met with a swift blade in the back to ensure they didn’t get back up. Every morning was the same. Wake up. Walk. Watch a friend get executed. Sleep. Were you next? What if they put you before the blade of your cruel captors? Perhaps they were making offerings to the god of war, to ensure their expedition was a success. But they did not cut out the hearts and offer them upon an altar of blood; it seemed they did this because they enjoyed it. The hideous town of Helmsport eventually broke the monotony of your brutal routine and you were ushered into a grand canoe, shoved and packed in like sardines in a can. Broken and beaten. You had got this far, how much farther could you go? SLAVER PREMISE Helmsport was fast becoming a city, the launching point for expeditions into the True World for the untold riches that lurked within the sprawling jungles. But you were not hired to loot gold, of course you were welcome to take some should the opportunity arise, you are under the employ of the honourable Wilshon Lefar to gather slaves. Securing permission from the powers that be in Helmsport was difficult but your taskmaster has a silver tongue and the local helmites certainly have an unreserved hatred for the savage butchers. This was exploited and you were given permission, by Cordell, to operate out of the city for now at least. You are the first group of slavers to receive the blessings of the Golden Legion but you certainly won’t be the last. You have heard rumours of the local savagery and their love of human sacrifice and so perhaps your deed is justified, perhaps showing them civilization will temper their bloodlust. You left Helmsport with fifty mercenaries, all seemingly plucked at random by Wilshon. The man approached you personally, making an offer you couldn’t refuse. Whatever you desired at the time was offered; he seemed to read your mind to some degree. You were joined by murderers, and convicted felons, all offered absolution by their lords to pursue this expedition. The payit people also seem keen on garnering the approval of the interlopers and as such you received two guides through the canopy to secure your precious cargo. The task seemed too easy, their weapons couldn’t break through your armour, and thanks to your diligent task master you had arcane superiority. Of course you suffered a mass of ambushes but you rebuked them easily enough once the threat was realised. You raised villages, you torched towns, and you found enough gold to ensure early retirement when you got back home. You travelled the true world far and wide, gathering slaves as you went. Through Wilshons arcane prowess and his lieutenant’s brutality (which was proven countless times with seemingly excessive executions of scores of slaves) you managed to secure well over four hundred slaves. But you had to prove your loyalty to your generous task masters; you too had to cut down slaves to ensure they remained in line. Your hands were not clean during this expedition; the few that did refuse were cast out of the group, left to the hospitality of the jungle and its inhabitants. Some of the men enjoyed it, and some of the men enjoyed the locals a bit too much in other regards, but you turned a blind eye. The money was good, too good to pass up. You returned some months later to Helmsport, your slaves obediently following behind, probably expecting sacrifice. But your destination was the galleon that had brought you across the trackless sea to this strange land, The Bearded Mermaid. The slaves were loaded, like sardines, below deck. Wilshon was not returning with you, he apparently had more slave traders coming across from the Sword Coast to organise. Bloodied and hardened by the tour. Your destination was Ostland. |
|
| Author: | P Three [ Wed, Apr 27 2011, 2:30 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: European Beginnings |
I'd love in on this, if it's all right. Those are my usual playtimes. |
|
| Author: | Dwagin [ Wed, Apr 27 2011, 4:55 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: European Beginnings |
Count me in as both interested/available for this! Thats totally my prime time that i ernt doing other things. |
|
| Author: | Mobile_Svensk [ Wed, Apr 27 2011, 4:56 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: European Beginnings |
Will read after work then we'll see what happens! |
|
| Author: | DerkDerkistan [ Wed, Apr 27 2011, 6:38 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: European Beginnings |
Those times are perfect for me as well. Depending on the reading, I might take one of my ideas and roll it into a request for this. We'll see once I download them. Edit: Upon reading, it doesn't fit the idea I had in my head. I shall wait to try my hand at another A.B. story, it seems! Good luck! |
|
| Author: | Elorathall [ Wed, Apr 27 2011, 8:12 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: European Beginnings |
Interested. Will read after work. |
|
| Author: | Yannickbl [ Wed, Apr 27 2011, 9:14 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: European Beginnings |
Would we be natives or adventurers from outside? |
|
| Author: | TormakSaber [ Wed, Apr 27 2011, 9:19 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: European Beginnings |
Maztica? HehehheheheEHEHEHEHEeehhehehhheee. |
|
| Author: | P Three [ Wed, Apr 27 2011, 9:25 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: European Beginnings |
.....seriously, did that send a chill up anyone else's spine? |
|
| Author: | Dramatic_Prince [ Wed, Apr 27 2011, 11:56 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: European Beginnings |
The timing is good. Interested. |
|
| Author: | Silent2001 [ Wed, Apr 27 2011, 13:22 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: European Beginnings |
You might be a native, you might not be. But having a basis in lore OOCLY will help you a bit regardless, so get reading. Going to leave this for a couple days or so then contact those interested. |
|
| Author: | Jes [ Wed, Apr 27 2011, 13:53 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: European Beginnings |
It's in Maztica...? Argh! I love Maztica! I would only be able to make the time on Tuesday, though! If you make it Tuesday, I totally wanna join in! The gods of Maztica and their special types of pluma and hishna magic are interesting and fun! |
|
| Author: | Silent2001 [ Wed, Apr 27 2011, 14:38 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: European Beginnings |
Come on you europeans! I did this for youuuu~! More of you sign up, damnit. |
|
| Author: | Mobile_Svensk [ Wed, Apr 27 2011, 14:42 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: European Beginnings |
I don't know what Maztica is but i have a feeling it's somehow connected to the Chultans? And panthers? Possibly parrots? Edit - Hey, They mention gigantic snakes and Antment! Edit 2 - Ooo.. Helmites. Edit 3 and onwards - Amnish influence, Helmite inquisitions and ... *keeps reading* |
|
| Author: | Jes [ Wed, Apr 27 2011, 14:45 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: European Beginnings |
More like Aztecs! Think ancient civilizations! Woo! There are rather important bird-related beliefs, though, in some parts. I sooo wanna play a plumaweaver of Qotal! |
|
| Author: | Yannickbl [ Wed, Apr 27 2011, 15:00 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: European Beginnings |
I'd be up for this. |
|
| Author: | Mobile_Svensk [ Wed, Apr 27 2011, 15:04 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: European Beginnings |
I may be up to this. I do not like Aztecs or Mayans... But i would be up to oppress them with a helmite fighter, not to mention killing a few dozen of them to show who's subordinate. And perhaps even burn ants with a magnifying glass! And whip slaves! |
|
| Author: | Jes [ Wed, Apr 27 2011, 15:07 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: European Beginnings |
You should read up on Maztica. >.> |
|
| Author: | Mobile_Svensk [ Wed, Apr 27 2011, 15:08 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: European Beginnings |
Nuh. They no Fun. Helmites for the win! Especially amnish Helmites! |
|
| Author: | Jes [ Wed, Apr 27 2011, 15:19 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: European Beginnings |
Oh, Mazticans will loooove them! But yes! Excited about this and hope to be able to join in! |
|
| Author: | Mobile_Svensk [ Wed, Apr 27 2011, 16:47 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: European Beginnings |
I'll watch jealously from afar. Can't make more characters than i already have... Unless it's a Kobold. |
|
| Author: | Yossarin [ Wed, Apr 27 2011, 17:00 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: European Beginnings |
Very_Svensk wrote: I'll watch jealously from afar. Can't make more characters than i already have... Unless it's a Kobold. You can if you kill some of them! |
|
| Author: | Lord-Jyssev [ Wed, Apr 27 2011, 17:03 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: European Beginnings |
I'd definitely be interested, however, I couldn't do Tuesdays. Sounds cool! |
|
| Author: | Mobile_Svensk [ Wed, Apr 27 2011, 17:04 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: European Beginnings |
Noez. Not my gael, Not my james, And especially not my [American Beep Sound When The F-Word is used] Werewolf. @Lord-Jyssev - Maybe if you ask nicely, U can do it wednesdays? =) |
|
| Author: | Glyph [ Wed, Apr 27 2011, 17:59 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: European Beginnings |
yay for europe I need to un-*expletive* my body clock buut, I am in the same ballpark as svensk except I killed them already/sent them to the mainland, and making another one would be..just insane. trying to stick with a main >_> maybe next time =) |
|
| Author: | Bjorn [ Wed, Apr 27 2011, 18:46 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: European Beginnings |
Id be interested, and have good deal of actual know how on maztica as I played few campaigns in it. Do we send you the character concepts? |
|
| Author: | dayfer [ Wed, Apr 27 2011, 20:11 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: European Beginnings |
I'd join but alas, both of those are school nights, I need sleep so, m'fraid I cat join this, but the idea sounds awesome. |
|
| Author: | Silent2001 [ Wed, Apr 27 2011, 21:55 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: European Beginnings |
I will give you all a list of concepts to pick, some of these concepts will be natives some will not. You will then write the backstory to your character and send it back to me. If it's good enough you're in, if not I'll send it back with some critique and you can try again. |
|
| Author: | Jes [ Thu, Apr 28 2011, 4:15 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: European Beginnings |
That sounds wonderful. |
|
| Author: | Uncle-Opustus [ Thu, Apr 28 2011, 5:51 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: European Beginnings |
Sounds like times that can fit my schedule. Count me in. |
|
| Author: | Dramatic_Prince [ Thu, Apr 28 2011, 12:15 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: European Beginnings |
Silent2001 wrote: I will give you all a list of concepts to pick, some of these concepts will be natives some will not. You will then write the backstory to your character and send it back to me. If it's good enough you're in, if not I'll send it back with some critique and you can try again. Sir, I like your style. Smashing! |
|
| Author: | Silent2001 [ Thu, Apr 28 2011, 23:49 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: European Beginnings |
One more day, I'll be cloooosing this when I get in from work tomorrow. |
|
| Author: | Pirate_Zeritul [ Fri, Apr 29 2011, 5:44 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: European Beginnings |
I'm interested, though I'm not euro and could only make the weekend time slot if that sways the decision. Cheers, Zeri |
|
| Author: | Nakomis Wolfen [ Fri, Apr 29 2011, 5:47 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: European Beginnings |
I'm interested, though I'm not euro and could only make the weekend time slot if that sways the decision. Cheers, Zeri Nakomis <.< |
|
| Author: | Pony [ Fri, Apr 29 2011, 7:33 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: European Beginnings |
I could make it, after next Wednesday when rl returns normal again. |
|
| Author: | Vinasius [ Fri, Apr 29 2011, 7:44 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: European Beginnings |
I would be interested in this please keep me in the loop. thanks. |
|
| Author: | Rigela [ Fri, Apr 29 2011, 12:49 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: European Beginnings |
Aztecs? Ancient Civilisations? I'm sold! Now to actually read up about it... |
|
| Author: | Mobile_Svensk [ Fri, Apr 29 2011, 12:59 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: European Beginnings |
Silent2001 wrote: I will give you all a list of concepts to pick, some of these concepts will be natives some will not. You will then write the backstory to your character and send it back to me. If it's good enough you're in, if not I'll send it back with some critique and you can try again. How do you get this concept list? PM you? |
|
| Author: | Jes [ Fri, Apr 29 2011, 13:35 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: European Beginnings |
Silent2001 wrote: One more day, I'll be cloooosing this when I get in from work tomorrow. I would imagine he's sending/posting the concepts after this. |
|
| Author: | Dwagin [ Fri, Apr 29 2011, 14:34 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: European Beginnings |
I had several years where I was crazy about the ancient central/south american cultures. Didja know Montezuma's household consumed 50 gallons of hot chocolate (the spicy south american kind with peppers), a day? |
|
| Author: | Silent2001 [ Fri, Apr 29 2011, 15:50 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: European Beginnings |
This will be held on Tuesdays, and possible other weekdays when my college term ends (Next month.) I just remembered I like going pub quizes on Sunday. 6 hours to go to express an interest. |
|
| Author: | Jes [ Fri, Apr 29 2011, 16:04 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: European Beginnings |
Definitely in on Tuesday. Yay! |
|
| Author: | P Three [ Fri, Apr 29 2011, 17:58 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: European Beginnings |
Dwagin wrote: I had several years where I was crazy about the ancient central/south american cultures. Didja know Montezuma's household consumed 50 gallons of hot chocolate (the spicy south american kind with peppers), a day? I heart Polar Express. |
|
| Author: | Silent2001 [ Fri, Apr 29 2011, 22:15 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: European Beginnings |
Bam, no more takers. I'll be pm'ing the premise and a list of concepts to those interested soon. |
|
| Author: | Silent2001 [ Fri, Apr 29 2011, 23:40 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: European Beginnings |
The players: AxlLeigh Dwagin Elorathall Yannickbl Dramatic_Prince Jes Bjorn Uncle-Opustus Phearnun Rigela Slknihilus Jimbono Lord-Jyssev - Ooh, 13 what a special number. I'll be PMing you the concept list when it's ironed out, in that order. So Jim, you get whatever's left over! Ha! |
|
| Author: | Travis [ Sat, Apr 30 2011, 17:12 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: European Beginnings |
I'd be interested if I'm not too late. |
|
| Author: | Silent2001 [ Sat, Apr 30 2011, 20:21 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: European Beginnings |
Alright. But no more! |
|
| Author: | Yannickbl [ Sun, May 01 2011, 18:06 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: European Beginnings |
Any estimate on when this'll start? |
|
| Author: | Silent2001 [ Mon, May 02 2011, 0:12 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: European Beginnings |
Toward the end of May, after my exams. You'll all have your lists soon though. |
|
| Author: | Lord-Jyssev [ Mon, May 02 2011, 14:15 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: European Beginnings |
Silent2001 wrote: The players: AxlLeigh Dwagin Elorathall Yannickbl Dramatic_Prince Jes Bjorn Uncle-Opustus Phearnun Vinasius Rigela Slknihilus Jimbono Lord-Jyssev - Ooh, 13 what a special number. I'll be PMing you the concept list when it's ironed out, in that order. So Jim, you get whatever's left over! Ha! Was I missed? It's alright it is full, but I was hoping to participate. My post's a few up. |
|
| Page 1 of 8 | All times are UTC |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|