View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
Procyon02

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 25 2017, 23:33 PM 

Player

So I'm wondering if the game system is set-up to recognize if I made a character and listed Ao as their patron deity, or will it just consider my character as having no active deity? I realize that Ao doesn't really do anything for anyone who isn't a god already, and even then he's kind of non-existent until he isn't, and that praying to Ao would gain no bonuses of any kind. Assuming it's mechanically possible would that make my character essentially a Faithless and so upon any death is just going to be subjected to the Wall of the Faithless and is incapable of being resurrected? Or is a polytheistic character given some leeway with the patron deity so long as they also faithfully serve other deities? I'd like for the character to consider himself as being devoted to Ao first, in his own way, but I don't want to then make any resurrection he may need impossible according to the lore. Granted I'm no expert, hence my asking.

Tarnus

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 25 2017, 23:54 PM 

Player

Generally speaking, your patron deity is what matters. And worshippers of Ao indeed count as faithless. That being said, Amia gives some leeway, where your soul somehow can still be called back for a short while on the fugue plane, meaning despite that, you can still be resurrected.

DM Prometheus: Bringing you fire

Procyon02

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 26 2017, 0:37 AM 

Player

Ok, then do you know if I input Ao as my character's deity that Amia would recognize it or would it not? I mean I don't know if the system in place would recognize it as a valid option. There is a deity ring for Ao but he's not listed under the deity system, which makes sense enough as that was more covering domains and Ao has none.

Tarnus

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 26 2017, 0:58 AM 

Player

It will not be registered as a valid deity in any sense no. The ring of Ao is a bit of old silliness that just has never been removed.

DM Prometheus: Bringing you fire

Procyon02

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 26 2017, 1:08 AM 

Player

Ok, thank you.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]