View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ] 
Yimmi

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 22 2017, 23:47 PM 

Player

Hey there, it's me again with more silly questions!
This time is about having a kelemvorite... and which are their attitude or what do they think about certain stuff:
1)How would a kelemvorite react when finding a BG with a demon-servant? Is there something specific in their dogma that dictates some attitude regarding demons and stuff?
2) Undead are an absolute nono, but what about casting resurrection and other stuff like that? (Maybe I'm just mixing apples with pears, but idk :P)
3) In what an evil Kelemvorite and a good one differs? ... I mean they both follow the dogmas of kelemvor but... to they enforce it in different ways? Sorry I have troubles with the fact that his followers can be good or evil aligned ... D:!
4)Do they look more cool in pale gray or darker gray?! (Most important question, obviously)

Once again thanks in advance :D!

EDIT: IT should say DOUBTS hahahah xD

We are southamerican rockers, nou sommes rockers sudamericaines...

And DM side: DM Clangeddin

LibrisMortis_666

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 23 2017, 0:05 AM 

Player

1. Depending on your alignment. A Neutral one may be able to withstand a Blackguard if he was trying to save it. But if it had a Demon in the presence of said Kelemvorite, then more than likely they'll destroy both.

2. It's a Priest tool used to bring back the dead. There's no reason it should be frowned on. Though I understand what you mean.

3. A more radical view on Kelemvor as a Evil-Align.

Auri: Champion of Bahamut

Commie

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 23 2017, 0:14 AM 

Player

Normally I'd like to answer this one, but I know Amia's version of Kelemvor is way different then what I've seen elsewhere, with the Eternal Order and mass executions and inquisitions and heresy and shit.

So I can't really answer it.

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

LibrisMortis_666

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 23 2017, 0:20 AM 

Player

Yeah.. The Eternal Order was a mess..

Commie

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 23 2017, 0:23 AM 

Player

lets revive it

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

Yimmi

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 23 2017, 0:47 AM 

Player

Commie wrote:
lets revive it

I'm in :D

We are southamerican rockers, nou sommes rockers sudamericaines...

And DM side: DM Clangeddin

Grymia

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 23 2017, 2:30 AM 

Player

If you're reviving the Eternal Order, revive a proper Eternal based on the honest to gods one from Faiths and Pantheons, and NOT the Ravensword Regiment please.

Commie

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 23 2017, 2:48 AM 

Player

i wanna root out heresy though.

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

Grymia

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 23 2017, 3:34 AM 

Player

Find a GM to start a Dark Heresy game then! Or, find another faith which legitimately has Heretics which need rooting out xD

Commie

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 23 2017, 3:36 AM 

Player

anyone who thinks that a faith doesn't have 'legitimate heretics' might be spreading heresy themselves, and simply trying to shroud their own actions by denying the possibility of their own existence.

suspicious behavior, mr gnome.

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

Grymia

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 23 2017, 3:54 AM 

Player

.. Oh, I grasp full well a number of faiths have Heretics, but the problem is , they at least at times would consider Heresy in a MUCH broader range of denitions than it's true definition.

Lutra

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 26 2017, 18:44 PM 

Player

Kellies do not like demons in general. It is not based on alignment but it is a matter of faith. Demons tend to attack the wall and as such, the Kellies aren't happy about them and they will feel compelled to remove them. But not as compelled as paladins would be.

As for good and evil, I think it is merely a question of attitude in their case. A good one might try to comfort a dying man while the evil one would tell him that he is going to die and he makes sure that he remains dead. :P

Tarnus

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 26 2017, 19:19 PM 

Player

Well, provided the PC in question isn't a doomguide, an evil Kelemvorite is probably rather unlikely to be a member of the "comfort the dying" part of the church in the first place and it would be a rather harsh violation against practices not to spread Kelemvors message there. I believe it would be a good bit more likely to see them in the more harsh section of the undead hunting section of the church.

DM Prometheus: Bringing you fire

san

PostPosted: Wed, Aug 16 2017, 12:24 PM 

Player

Just because there's nothing like a bit of thread resurrection (EO approved of course) the subject of Kelemvorites and the EO over the years has been as someone quite rightly put.. a mess... I tried in vain to get it all back together about three years ago, opened up meaningful dialogue with other factions, obtained some DM support and proposed a less zealous approach.. We worked on Dogma, code, prayers and even set up an external website. At this point many of the 'old school' revived their previously gone characters (from the 'bad old days', which probably weren't really that bad, i didn't really form part of those arcs) and the indecision by committee and bickering began once again, i washed my hands of it and i was quite seriously saddened, as i really wanted it to work, my PC even spent many months real time fallen to enforce her arc to get it off the ground.. Right now, my PC still wears the robes of Kelemvor, and as long as this isn't going to be a big ole waste of time like last time id be willing to put some time in... Oh and hello everyone, *amazed this works on windows 10*.. again..

San..aka Tannith/San/Terrora

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 17 2017, 3:49 AM 

Tester

I'd love to see the EO come back. It was fun RP on both sides. To my knowledge, the base in Nesek is in tact.

As many complaints as there were about it being "in the middle of nowhere," it is now where arguably the biggest gathering on the server takes place: the weekly Djinn shop. The rejected stone has become the cornerstone, to quote an old parable.

LibrisMortis_666

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 17 2017, 4:05 AM 

Player

I agree. While the E.O didn't have the best reputation ICly as a "good" faction. Both in the sense of alignment and organization / behavior. It was still a damn fun faction. Would be cool to see someone try to get them back.

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 17 2017, 5:23 AM 

Player

1. The EO was a faction, not "Kelemvorites" in general.
2. The EO were not even the canon EO, as that is a paladin exclusive order.

So no, the Kelemvor faith was not altered on Amia at all. There was a faction that based on servering Kelemvor, that were their own thing and had their own views, as often happens with religion. But if you make a kelemvorite you do not have to step in those footsteps. You can, but you can also go your own way.

san

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 17 2017, 16:27 PM 

Player

Absolutely, The EO has a history on Amia, which people may have not enjoyed too much, particularly of they were on the wrong end of a heretical tribunal.. however, it's all good role play, and as far as I'm aware, it was all done in this ilk... The EO as a faction of Kellies succeeded in getting themselves a very bad rep in general, mostly by here say. Bringing back the EO under a new tenet would be something i'd be willing to do, and might provide an reason for making a concerted return, since my other main character is currently dealing with the wrath of a certain Lathanderite lol... Tannith as actually chapter mistress for a while but i found it hard IC and OOC to deal with the personalities who seemingly wanted in on the act...

If the support is there, it's something i'd be willing to make a go of.... The Return of the Most Eternal Order... *Cue Lament of The Fallen*

My PC checked out the cathederal and all seems as it was, all the keys work etc.. all is good...

Tarnus

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 17 2017, 17:35 PM 

Player

Keep in mind, the PC faction as such is gone. While the cathedral remains, the faction specific stuff on it will be removed and then opened up. If you want to try and build something up from there, feel free!

DM Prometheus: Bringing you fire

bobofwestoregonusa

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 10 2017, 14:43 PM 

Player

Does kelemvor still have a large subfaction of ex-myrkulites?

Discord: Metal Viking Guy #5433

DC taxation is theft!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]