| AMIA ARCHIVE https://www.amiaworld.net/phpBB3/ |
|
| Swamp Yuan-Ti lore. https://www.amiaworld.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=78038 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Flameborn [ Sun, Jul 20 2014, 10:49 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Swamp Yuan-Ti lore. |
Whats there to know of these ladies? All female, ruled by Babylon, stand in a temple with lots of gems and flaming zombies in the library. How did they get there? Where did they come from, what do they believe? |
|
| Author: | Pony [ Sun, Jul 20 2014, 11:24 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Swamp Yuan-Ti lore. |
This is a bit of an ooc problem, I am afraid. The yuan-ti are a bit of a special case. Mainly because unlike kobolds, goblins, orcs, undead and other monsters like them, they are a highly sophisticated, civilized and capable race with expansive lore and motives. It is a bit like using a lothite drow city as a hack-and-slash dungeon without doing research on them or caring for the lore. Back when they were made (about eight years ago I think), there was no strong focus on the lore of dungeons. The sever was just expanded on quickly. They basically were stuck there because there was need for a dungeon in their level span, and yuan-ti were not a monster type Amia had made use of yet. So a ruin was made in the toolset, and they were stuck in there. The lore about those in the quagmires is exactly as extensive as that sounds, in other words, basically non-existant outside a few different uses in dm plots in the past like them serving a black dragon. Worse though is that how the dungeon is designed, it actually is lore contrary in a lot of ways for them. They are on the rejuve list however, there are very pretty area drafts for us to work with, and we got a good idea what we will do with them. Hopefully as soon as we get the current big area design projects out of the way, we can tackle them to re-create them in the way that they deserve and are truly fun to enage with. Unless there is an incredible need to flesh them out now before their re-design, I would suggest you wait until we have them updated. |
|
| Author: | KingArthur129 [ Mon, Jul 21 2014, 3:42 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Swamp Yuan-Ti lore. |
Same boat as the lizard folk, I am afraid then. |
|
| Author: | Dead [ Mon, Jul 21 2014, 9:52 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Swamp Yuan-Ti lore. |
Pony wrote: The lore about those in the quagmires is exactly as extensive as that sounds, in other words, basically non-existant outside a few different uses in dm plots in the past like them serving a black dragon. That's not true. Certain PCs went to great lengths IC to find this out, and spent months doing it. There are pages and pages of lore, and it exists ICly. But you have to find it. That's all I can say. |
|
| Author: | Flameborn [ Mon, Jul 21 2014, 18:05 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Swamp Yuan-Ti lore. |
Thats not exactly helpful dead, as I have no live PC. I ask as research for my next request. |
|
| Author: | Glim [ Mon, Jul 21 2014, 18:08 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Swamp Yuan-Ti lore. |
What Dead's referring to is lore about the race in general, which has been done ICly as part of a plot. Pony is correct that the lore on the yuan-ti found in Amia, and the questions you've posed Flameborn, is really up in the air until the revision is done. |
|
| Author: | Flameborn [ Mon, Jul 21 2014, 18:14 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Swamp Yuan-Ti lore. |
Then I shall work with what we have! I'll draw more from their species in general, from the sourcebook on them. |
|
| Author: | Dead [ Tue, Aug 05 2014, 11:34 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Swamp Yuan-Ti lore. |
Glim wrote: What Dead's referring to is lore about the race in general, which has been done ICly as part of a plot. Pony is correct that the lore on the yuan-ti found in Amia, and the questions you've posed Flameborn, is really up in the air until the revision is done. Actually we have the info about the Amian brood as well. It's not pages and pages, but it's definitely more than just a few lines. Flameborn wrote: Then I shall work with what we have! I'll draw more from their species in general, from the sourcebook on them. I'd recheck that with Nihilus, because the sourcebook info was available IG in only one location as far as I know. Maybe I'm wrong.. but double check it anyway. And even us who did all of the research and RP IG were told that not everything from the sourcebook is available to us. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|