AMIA ARCHIVE
https://www.amiaworld.net/phpBB3/

SourceBooks.
https://www.amiaworld.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=67396
Page 1 of 1

Author:  xXxZypherxXx [ Mon, Aug 27 2012, 8:33 AM ]
Post subject:  SourceBooks.

So, I always hate to make a new topic, but here goes.

As a personal lover of FR lore, and my arch-nemesis being that moment when I argue on end over something I find out isn't canon, or something that wasn't actually true, I've been prompted to expand my reading time.

I was wondering if there was a complete list of 3.0/3.5 Sourcebooks commonly used as canon on amia, that I can go add to my library. Books published by Tactical Studies, or Wizards of the Coast, or even if there were other ambiguous authors that were considered canon, so that those who'd like to put forth the time can better edumacate ourselves before asking silly questions?

Author:  IronAngel [ Mon, Aug 27 2012, 9:21 AM ]
Post subject:  Re: SourceBooks.

As a rule of thumb: it's valid if and only if it says "Forgotten Realms" on the cover. We obviously base the game on some core material like the Dungeon Master's Guide, Player's Handbook and the Monster Manuals, but those are primarily for rules information rather than specific lore. The latest FR material isn't canon either as we break off from the official timeline before the transition to 4e, of which you can find details in the Amian Grand History post.

Candlekeep seems to be down at the moment, but I'll post their bibliography here when it's up. Every splatbook and every novel (within the framework of our timeline) is tentatively canon on Amia, though some details have been changed, and may be changed at DM discretion in the future.

Author:  -Cloak-and-Dagger- [ Mon, Aug 27 2012, 9:27 AM ]
Post subject:  Re: SourceBooks.

http://www.candlekeep.com/bookshelf/products.htm

Author:  -Cloak-and-Dagger- [ Mon, Aug 27 2012, 9:38 AM ]
Post subject:  Re: SourceBooks.

Just to add something to that. It's not something that gets brought up a lot, but there's this page on Candlekeep. Not the easiest site to navigate, but...

http://www.candlekeep.com/library/artic ... /start.htm

Basically its an A-Z. There's a topic you want to know about, you go on to the list and find it....click it...

And it takes you to a page that tells you every page in every sourcebook that details said subject, however detailed/vague. Easiest way to know what pdfs you should be googling. Real handy resource if you're interested in this forum.

Author:  TormakSaber [ Wed, Aug 29 2012, 18:21 PM ]
Post subject:  Re: SourceBooks.

The last book of Lady Penitent did not happen, and only the first book of the Myth Drannor/Daemonfey trilogy happened.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/