| AMIA ARCHIVE https://www.amiaworld.net/phpBB3/ |
|
| Halruaa https://www.amiaworld.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=67287 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Naivatkal [ Mon, Aug 20 2012, 15:56 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Halruaa |
Is there anything that lists the laws of Halruaa? I have a Halruaan that is somewhat aspiring to become a Magehound, and I want to get as much detailed info as I can. I've read up on Halruaa, but can't find that info. Secondary question: Other than the little bit I found on FR wiki and in the book detailing the class, what other info on magehounds are there? |
|
| Author: | IronAngel [ Mon, Aug 20 2012, 16:19 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Halruaa |
Murder in Halruaa, a murder mystery novel set in FR, prominently features a Inquisitor of Azuth (that's the correct name I think?) character. And then there's obviously the Councilors and Kings series, which is set in Halruaa and has an Inquisitor as one of the main antagonists, though she's corrupt. |
|
| Author: | Dark Immolation [ Mon, Aug 20 2012, 17:12 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Halruaa |
The first book of the Counselors and Kings Trilogy is online here it seems. Appropriately enough it's called "The Magehound." http://www.e-reading.org.ua/bookreader.php/83860/Cunningham_-_The_Magehound.html |
|
| Author: | Naivatkal [ Mon, Aug 20 2012, 17:15 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Halruaa |
Yeah I figured the novels would be the best bet. And DI, :V I must read that now. So easy to do! |
|
| Author: | TormakSaber [ Mon, Aug 20 2012, 22:20 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Halruaa |
Shining South is your go to book on anything in that region, and discusses Halruaa in great detail. |
|
| Author: | Naivatkal [ Mon, Aug 20 2012, 23:58 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Halruaa |
TormakSaber wrote: Shining South is your go to book on anything in that region, and discusses Halruaa in great detail. Thanks, just checked that out. Somehow I didn't think of that book haha. The gist I got is the magehounds mostly go after magical offenders, and information-gathering is high priority to prove guilt in court. That's good! |
|
| Author: | Dark Immolation [ Tue, Aug 21 2012, 6:28 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Halruaa |
Their purpose is to pretty much ensure that something like Karsus' Folly never happens again. In a place like Halruaa(one of my favorite places in FR), magic is ingrained in every facet of daily life, even some of the more mundane things like street lamps and clothing. If anything seriously happens to the Weave again, they'd be reduced to hole in the ground. The Shining South definitely has a bunch of good information. What I find so neat about Halruaa is that their use of magic puts them considerably ahead of the "medieval" pastiche we often associate with FR. It's said that even common workers and farmers usually have a magic item or two at their disposal that makes their life easier. Stuff like cooking, cleaning, cooling, transportation. Just re-reading some of the details given about Halarahh, the capitol, makes me remember a quote by Arthur Clarke. Paraphrased, "good technology is indistinguishable from magic." |
|
| Author: | Naivatkal [ Tue, Aug 21 2012, 14:46 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Halruaa |
Haha yes I know. The first time I heard about Halruaa I went 'Wow, no freaking way.' I've loved that places ever since. Mulhorandi equally captures my attention, because of the Egyptian roots, but Halruaa has the 'wow factor' for sure. That was the same conclusion I came to on the magehounds, also, and so I think I have a good idea of what is going on with them. Still want to read the book The Magehound, though. Now to just figure out how to try and get some IC work on this done. I was trying to figure out OOC stuff that my character would know IC lol |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|