AMIA ARCHIVE
https://www.amiaworld.net/phpBB3/

Quickie about Book of Transmutation modified spells:
https://www.amiaworld.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=65829
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Grymia [ Mon, May 14 2012, 22:38 PM ]
Post subject:  Quickie about Book of Transmutation modified spells:

Regarding Book of Transmutation-modified spells, from a lore-standpoint would they still require the base material component. (As an example: Continual Flame in it's normal incarnation requires fifty gold pieces of ruby dust to be sprinkled on the object).

Author:  Dark Immolation [ Tue, May 15 2012, 2:16 AM ]
Post subject:  Re: Quickie about Book of Transmutation modified spells:

I wouldn't see why not in most cases. Though in cases where you change the element, I'd imagine there's some difference. Maybe trading out sulfur with a citrus fruit wedge when changing Fireball to Acid-ball. Whatever, if anything, you'd change it to, it's something just as trivial.

Beyond that, it may vary by caster.

Author:  Liz [ Tue, May 15 2012, 5:54 AM ]
Post subject:  Re: Quickie about Book of Transmutation modified spells:

Though I imagine you could argue it either way, I'd tend to think it's probably simplest from both a lore perspective and a mechanics perspective to just say that the BoT modifies only the specific thing it says it's modifying, while leaving all other requirements and procedures untouched. If there's any required conversion of the essence or potential or whatever is derived from the spell components, I'd think that the magic of the book itself is what's fueling that.

Author:  Dark Immolation [ Wed, May 16 2012, 0:51 AM ]
Post subject:  Re: Quickie about Book of Transmutation modified spells:

The book itself is not magical, from all accounts I've heard. It just teaches you the techniques to modify your spells in a certain way.

Author:  Yossarin [ Wed, May 16 2012, 1:05 AM ]
Post subject:  Re: Quickie about Book of Transmutation modified spells:

The book is not necssarily magical. Usually, just the writing. Components would still be needed, and that component would be at the same cost, even if the material is different. For the sake of ease.

Author:  Grymia [ Wed, May 16 2012, 1:16 AM ]
Post subject:  Re: Quickie about Book of Transmutation modified spells:

Alrighty. That sounds about right, thank you Yossarin.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/