AMIA ARCHIVE
https://www.amiaworld.net/phpBB3/

Unseelie and undead
https://www.amiaworld.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=65551
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Dieu_Le_Fera [ Fri, Apr 27 2012, 5:50 AM ]
Post subject:  Unseelie and undead

after a rather lengthy discussion about this over MSN I figured I would bring it here, how would Unseelie feel about undead?

My idealistic mind would say they wouldn't like them, the ageless fey would look at undead as something that in a way rivals their uniqueness. Also, depending on the type of fey it could be considered that they would look at undead as ugly compared to their "natural beauty". Not to mention that undead go against the cycle.

My rational mind says otherwise though, what better way to play a cruel practical joke then to raise the bones of a foes relative/friend and use them as a puppet.

Any thoughts on this?

Author:  serbiris [ Fri, Apr 27 2012, 6:17 AM ]
Post subject:  Re: Unseelie and undead

Seems like this would be down to the personal opinion of an individual fey. Degree of jealousy and how each fey responds to it is way too subjective to make a blanket judgement based on that. The stuff about the cycle may be more relevant, I don't recall if there's a specific guideline as to how much unseelies actually care about it and whether undeath can be considered to be infringing on it. They do like pranking, after all.

I don't have any sources I'm afraid but aside from the cycle stuff there's nothing that can't be justified one way or the other.

Author:  Dieu_Le_Fera [ Fri, Apr 27 2012, 7:12 AM ]
Post subject:  Re: Unseelie and undead

I know they are no sources for this sadly, I am just lookiing for other opinions really on this because the more I think about it, the more I can see either side of it.

Author:  Dergaii [ Fri, Apr 27 2012, 8:26 AM ]
Post subject:  Re: Unseelie and undead

Monster Mythology wrote:
The Queen of Air an Darkness
The wretched Queen of Air and Darkness haunts the Unseelie Court in Pandemonium as a hovering, unseen but very definitely perceived malign magical presence. From her twisted throne she snaps her fingers to her enslaved evil elven and faerie servitors, the mindless undead which perform menial duties (and which the evil faeries she torments can themselves torment in turn), and to the hell hounds and Yeth hounds who slaver at her feet.

Monster Mythology being second edition, but about the only source on the fey gods. So it's clear the QAD uses undead. Which does make sense as she opposes about everything that is Seelie and loves the corrupt. What better way to disgust Seelie Fey than to have an abomination that stands out of the True cycle and puts a heavy drain on the physical world as well?

In my opinion, Unseelie fey can and will make use of undead, but focusing on the non-sentient ones so they are truly and fully enslaved. However I think that most are not entirely comfortable with having undead around and will only have them around for as long as needed, unless the particular fey is an especially twisted one.

Author:  Silent2001 [ Fri, Apr 27 2012, 13:04 PM ]
Post subject:  Re: Unseelie and undead

Unseelie aren't in the least bit perturbed by undead. They love horrible, gross, unnatural things and as stated above the Queen of the unseelie employs the use of them extensively!

Case closed!

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/