| AMIA ARCHIVE https://www.amiaworld.net/phpBB3/ |
|
| Thay and the Red Wizards https://www.amiaworld.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=65489 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | mirvala- [ Mon, Apr 23 2012, 4:49 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Thay and the Red Wizards |
Hello (: I was wondering... Everywhere I looked upon the internet, I see nothing but shitty 4th ed Lore about them... So I'd enjoy if someone could share traditions, principles and stuff from them according to an edition that we currently play in, since I have access to no sourcebook. Thanks in advance! |
|
| Author: | serbiris [ Mon, Apr 23 2012, 4:58 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Thay and the Red Wizards |
Well, not that I'm suggesting infringing copyrights or anything, but I'm sure you can find sourcebook .pdfs on the internet at fairly modest sizes. Maybe even by searching "Unapproachable East", "Lords of Darkness" (the third edition one) and Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting. All of those would probably have the information you're interested in, as Red Wizards are a fairly important group. Not that I suggest you search for those on google and download those .pdfs... but yeah aside from that not really sure where the information would be. |
|
| Author: | mirvala- [ Mon, Apr 23 2012, 5:00 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Thay and the Red Wizards |
Well, since I have a certain fear of downloads (virus, malwares and stuff like that) I tend to avoid torrents and tend to trust my peers... I know there is much to say about them, but just pointing out to -obvious- stuff everyone should know, apart from Thay, Wizardry and the color Red, of course... :p |
|
| Author: | gbsedillo [ Mon, Apr 23 2012, 5:28 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Thay and the Red Wizards |
They are evil and Velsharoon used to lead them. Yay! |
|
| Author: | mirvala- [ Mon, Apr 23 2012, 6:16 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Thay and the Red Wizards |
You're not in quite the right topic to go about spamming for the fun of it... |
|
| Author: | TormakSaber [ Mon, Apr 23 2012, 6:33 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Thay and the Red Wizards |
Unapproachable East is your best bet. |
|
| Author: | Gunz [ Mon, Apr 23 2012, 7:28 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Thay and the Red Wizards |
"Spellbound" and "Dreams of the Red Wizards" is good stuff too. |
|
| Author: | IronAngel [ Mon, Apr 23 2012, 10:45 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Thay and the Red Wizards |
The abovementioned two being very small PDFs, too. (12 mb combined, whereas my scan of Unapproachable East is 93 mb). They're more thorough than the 3e Unapproachable East, but maybe outdated in part (especially concerning "recent events"). Lords of Darkness does have something too, as mentioned. Hit me up in game (Barehand Trollslayer/Magpie) and tell me to get on MSN, and see if we can't set you up. I think I have every FR game book either as a hardcover or a PDF, save for adventure modules. |
|
| Author: | gbsedillo [ Tue, Apr 24 2012, 2:01 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Thay and the Red Wizards |
I really wasn't trying to spam, was trying to point out two interesting points on the Thayvians. Maybe even get a laugh from you, but oh well. Can't win them all. |
|
| Author: | mirvala- [ Tue, Apr 24 2012, 2:46 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Thay and the Red Wizards |
Sorry. It ain't everynight I'm all smiles, flowers and rainbows. |
|
| Author: | Yossarin [ Wed, Apr 25 2012, 3:17 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Thay and the Red Wizards |
These bitches are pretty much on the right track. To understand the Red Wizards you really need to understand Thay. To be honest, you have a good bit of leeway in defining details of their individual paradigms, but knowing how their magocracy works helps. |
|
| Author: | mirvala- [ Wed, Apr 25 2012, 3:48 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Thay and the Red Wizards |
Ahah, them bitches XD WERK IT GURLZ! |
|
| Author: | Bobo_Underhill [ Wed, Apr 25 2012, 4:04 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Thay and the Red Wizards |
Mirvala, quit being a hypocrite and stop spamming. And don't reply to this. |
|
| Author: | mirvala- [ Wed, Apr 25 2012, 4:33 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Thay and the Red Wizards |
Thanks for the replies. Though, I don't have anything handy but that pdf Glim sent over to me, which I really appreciated. |
|
| Author: | Jyro X [ Wed, Apr 25 2012, 21:45 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Thay and the Red Wizards |
Slightly off-topic... But does anyone know where I might get a good deal on the hard copies of some of the source books we go by on Amia? I used to have digital versions but I'm interested in buying the real deal and I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for them. |
|
| Author: | gbsedillo [ Wed, Apr 25 2012, 22:15 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Thay and the Red Wizards |
I found a reliable source pdf for Librus Mortis if your interest is in the Undead side of Thayvian life... |
|
| Author: | Gunz [ Thu, Apr 26 2012, 1:55 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Thay and the Red Wizards |
Jyro X wrote: Slightly off-topic... But does anyone know where I might get a good deal on the hard copies of some of the source books we go by on Amia? I used to have digital versions but I'm interested in buying the real deal and I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for them. Ebay and Amazon are your best bets. Careful who you buy from on Ebay though. Some asshole cheated me when I tried to buy Races of The Wild from him. |
|
| Author: | MoshingChris [ Fri, Apr 27 2012, 16:19 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Thay and the Red Wizards |
There is also some Amian centric lore on the region I'm writing up due to the events in the Red-Hand Prophecy. |
|
| Author: | soundofastream [ Sun, Apr 29 2012, 13:59 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Thay and the Red Wizards |
There also is a boxed set (2nd ed) that I discovered on Aglarond, Rashemen and Thay. Its one of the best for info on the actual region... but is a bit out of date. Also, I seem to recall the Red Wizzies have special circle magic and tattoo magic... |
|
| Author: | IronAngel [ Sun, Apr 29 2012, 15:24 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Thay and the Red Wizards |
soundofastream wrote: There also is a boxed set (2nd ed) that I discovered on Aglarond, Rashemen and Thay. Its one of the best for info on the actual region... but is a bit out of date. Also, I seem to recall the Red Wizzies have special circle magic and tattoo magic... That is the aforementioned Spellbound. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|