| AMIA ARCHIVE https://www.amiaworld.net/phpBB3/ |
|
| Shaundakul Ranger https://www.amiaworld.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=65460 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Gobbledygook [ Sun, Apr 22 2012, 5:26 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Shaundakul Ranger |
Can a ranger receive spells from Shaundakul? http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Shaundakul suggests it's possible, I think, by listing rangers as potential worshippers. I just wanted to double check that this was ok. I'm not sure I'd think of him as a 'nature god'. |
|
| Author: | NinjaClarinet [ Sun, Apr 22 2012, 5:37 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Shaundakul Ranger |
I think it's been ruled that rangers can receive spells from any deity within the one-step rule, so long as the class itself is justifiable in the character's RP. |
|
| Author: | Gunz [ Sun, Apr 22 2012, 5:51 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Shaundakul Ranger |
So long as you're within 1 step of the God, you can be a ranger of that God. It's not like with Druids here. Shaundakul loves rangers though. His clergy is actually dominated by them. Between him, Mielikki and Gwaeron Windstrom, you have your major Ranger loving powers -- of the Faerunian Pantheon anyway. |
|
| Author: | Gobbledygook [ Sun, Apr 22 2012, 6:22 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Shaundakul Ranger |
Excellent, thankyou for the confirmation! |
|
| Author: | TormakSaber [ Sun, Apr 22 2012, 8:00 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Shaundakul Ranger |
Yeah, I give Rangers spells all the time. |
|
| Author: | QPR [ Sun, Apr 22 2012, 11:03 AM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Shaundakul Ranger |
Ofcourse they can. Shaundakul is the most awesome deity for a ranger that exists in the Realms. Ignore the Mielekki tree-huggers and pansy pointy ears; all the cool rangers belong to Shaundy. If you want to be able to use the Amia prayers system, you need to be within one step of his aligment, ie CG, CN, TN or CE. the latter i do not understand, as I definatly see Shaundakul as a CG deity, but I guess WoTC had to fill their CN quota with something else besides maniacs. edit: Also, there is nothing that says that rangers have to dance around in the forest and protect it against evil industrial humans. A ranger can just as well be a lumber-jack himself. Shaundakul is, I believe, spesificly an alternative to rangers that are not tree-huggers. |
|
| Author: | MoshingChris [ Mon, Apr 23 2012, 15:50 PM ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Shaundakul Ranger |
Anhur is far cooler than Shin-dig-holes. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|