View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
Gobbledygook
 
PostPosted: Sun, Apr 22 2012, 5:26 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 18 Sep 2011

Can a ranger receive spells from Shaundakul?

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Shaundakul suggests it's possible, I think, by listing rangers as potential worshippers. I just wanted to double check that this was ok. I'm not sure I'd think of him as a 'nature god'.

_________________
Just lurking about!


 
      
NinjaClarinet
 
PostPosted: Sun, Apr 22 2012, 5:37 AM 



Player

Joined: 12 Jul 2010

I think it's been ruled that rangers can receive spells from any deity within the one-step rule, so long as the class itself is justifiable in the character's RP.


 
      
Gunz
 
PostPosted: Sun, Apr 22 2012, 5:51 AM 



Player

Joined: 01 Jul 2006
Location: The City of Fallen Angels, Ca

So long as you're within 1 step of the God, you can be a ranger of that God. It's not like with Druids here.

Shaundakul loves rangers though. His clergy is actually dominated by them. Between him, Mielikki and Gwaeron Windstrom, you have your major Ranger loving powers -- of the Faerunian Pantheon anyway.

_________________
My Characters:
Yuilith Kethil Menaiivan Garadeth


 
      
Gobbledygook
 
PostPosted: Sun, Apr 22 2012, 6:22 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 18 Sep 2011

Excellent, thankyou for the confirmation!

_________________
Just lurking about!


 
      
TormakSaber
 
PostPosted: Sun, Apr 22 2012, 8:00 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 16 Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere

Yeah, I give Rangers spells all the time.

_________________
Davion Telemos - Monk of the Four Winds
Korthan Isharnos - Dragon Shaman of Thunder Spirit Zamasham


 
      
QPR
 
PostPosted: Sun, Apr 22 2012, 11:03 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 21 Sep 2008
Location: Norway

Ofcourse they can. Shaundakul is the most awesome deity for a ranger that exists in the Realms. Ignore the Mielekki tree-huggers and pansy pointy ears; all the cool rangers belong to Shaundy.

If you want to be able to use the Amia prayers system, you need to be within one step of his aligment, ie CG, CN, TN or CE. the latter i do not understand, as I definatly see Shaundakul as a CG deity, but I guess WoTC had to fill their CN quota with something else besides maniacs.

edit: Also, there is nothing that says that rangers have to dance around in the forest and protect it against evil industrial humans. A ranger can just as well be a lumber-jack himself. Shaundakul is, I believe, spesificly an alternative to rangers that are not tree-huggers.

_________________
"Edwin do this, Edwin do that. Somebody get this jerk a banana!" - Edwin, BG II

Valygar 'Stonesnake' Stark -Human Ranger
Garret Smith - Archer and peddler of deity-statuettes
Dáin Saltbeard - Dwarven sailor and fencer. No, I'm not joking.


 
      
MoshingChris
 
PostPosted: Mon, Apr 23 2012, 15:50 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Location: Down South and Bent Edge

Anhur is far cooler than Shin-dig-holes.

_________________
I play: Gage le Gris
Socially and recently politically Inept Knight of Xymor


 
      
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group