AMIA ARCHIVE
https://www.amiaworld.net/phpBB3/

sigil
https://www.amiaworld.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=64410
Page 1 of 1

Author:  phalanxyrian [ Sun, Mar 04 2012, 9:09 AM ]
Post subject:  sigil

Here and there in posts both ic and ooc I see references to sigil, the city of planes. So does it exist lore wise and can characters go there/come from there?

Author:  Gunz [ Sun, Mar 04 2012, 9:23 AM ]
Post subject:  Re: sigil

Yes, it exists. PCs can come from there, but anything crazy is subject to request as normal.

Author:  slkNihilus [ Sun, Mar 04 2012, 13:51 PM ]
Post subject:  Re: sigil

If you're interested in the subject, you could take a look through the Manual of the Planes which has a brief description of Sigil (in the Outlands). There is also the Planescape campaign setting and if you're interested in one of the best D&D CRPGs out there you might want to check out Planescape: Torment.

Author:  phalanxyrian [ Sun, Mar 04 2012, 14:28 PM ]
Post subject:  Re: sigil

I wanted to know because my first experience with dnd was a planescape campaign.

Author:  Pony [ Tue, Mar 06 2012, 13:21 PM ]
Post subject:  Re: sigil

Manual of the Planes 3.0
Quote:
The heart of the Outlands, and therefore the self-proclaimed center of the planes, Sigil is known as the City of Doors. Portals leading throughout the cosmos lace every district of the city. Situated atop the spire itself that rises above the surrounding plane, Sigil is a ring floating in space, with the ity itself constructed along the inside of the band. (...)

There is more in there, but I do not want to copy type the whole entry. In addition it is not very detailed, as was mentioned above. Though if you really want to read up about it, find the two following books I listed bellow. Easy to be found as pdfs.

Planescape:
In the Cage - A Guide to Sigil
Uncaged - Faces of Sigil

Author:  Silent2001 [ Wed, Mar 07 2012, 14:25 PM ]
Post subject:  Re: sigil

I'd also read the Factol's Manifesto.

Author:  Lord-Hadeis [ Wed, Mar 07 2012, 16:51 PM ]
Post subject:  Re: sigil

I have about 40 different books on Sigil and Planscape in general. Easy enough to find as a torrent file.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/