View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ] 
Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 15 2015, 18:14 PM 

Player

So while Kamina is still to run his, which will happen soon now, the whole DM Team considered the Guest Story Telling quite a success and we enjoyed it a lot.

I personally enjoyed it tremendously and so I decided to take this project a bit under my wing. This doesn't mean of course the other DM will not participate, they definately will! I will just do the main organisation so everyone knows whom they can contact about questions and concerns and things go smoothly.

Now this is how Guest StoryTelling from now on will wok:- Instead of a contest, anyone can apply with a story if they have an idea for one, at any time.

- Guest Story Applications are to be sent to me via PM, I will then post them for the DM-Team to discuss.

- Use this form still:

Login:
    Characters Played:
    Timezone and Usual Playtimes (GMT):

Involved Areas/Settlements:
    Plot Pitch/Summary:
    Unique NPC Bios (if any):
    Estimated timeline for completion:

What do you think this plot would add to the server overall?:

Previous Client Experience (if any):

- The Team decides together which Stories are feasible and fitting into the setting at the moment.

- Denied stories: You will be told why the stories has been denied.

- Approved Stories: You will be informed and get a mentor DM which will mostly depend on what time you want to run this. There is a decent chance it wil be me though so be warned ;)

- Pending stories: This means we like the story but we currently either have too many stories running already or it clashes with other things at the moment and we are interested in running the story due to that a bit later. GST is informed of that by me and we will contact them once it can be run.

- People can either build a story fully indipendant OR can come up with small quests given by the adventurer guild and run those once the guild is properly installed (I will send the info for a few small changes to the Rusty Hoe and the NPC info etc to the devs this week. The RP for getting to that point has already been done with PC and NPC).

As in the first test run you will always have a CO-DM when in the DM client who will help you and be there the whole time. They will also help you balance creatures and decide for appropriate rewards, aswell as provide you the info and lore you Need for the area and NPC where you run this

Estara

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 15 2015, 19:40 PM 

Player

I stand by my previous submission! Will those who applied to the last round get an answer on whether they were pending or denied? I was under the impression that it was based on individual DMs and not like a whole Team process, so now I'm a little confused.

The Great Equalizer

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 15 2015, 19:56 PM 

Player

You giving the "Guest story tellers" DCs for their time yet? Because if the plot is good enough to run they should probably get either some equivalent of what a player OR DM would get for that same time and effort.

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 15 2015, 20:17 PM 

Player

The GST are compensated for their time and effort, yes. As the GST who did their Stories already have been.

The Great Equalizer

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 15 2015, 20:56 PM 

Player

Awesome, good info to include as the extra incentive is always a good thing when trying to get submissions. Especially since you don't want anyone to think they might "Miss out" by running something.

Liz

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 16 2015, 5:32 AM 

Player

Amarice-Elaraliel wrote:
The GST are compensated for their time and effort, yes. As the GST who did their Stories already have been.

... I was? I wasn't expecting that, but I'm not going to pretend it's unwelcome. :) I must not have noticed receiving the DCs... how much did we get paid?

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 16 2015, 10:25 AM 

Player

Same as the full time DMs.

Estara

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 16 2015, 17:09 PM 

Player

Estara wrote:
I stand by my previous submission! Will those who applied to the last round get an answer on whether they were pending or denied? I was under the impression that it was based on individual DMs and not like a whole Team process, so now I'm a little confused.

What about my question, Ama?

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 18 2015, 8:41 AM 

Player

I reposted your submission.

Elorathall

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 18 2015, 11:10 AM 

Player

What kind of scope and permanence can Guest DM Plots have?

Aurelius: Sunmaster of Amaunator. Contemplative. Aspirant to Transcendance.
"Sol Invictus"

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 18 2015, 11:21 AM 

Player

Elorathall wrote:
What kind of scope and permanence can Guest DM Plots have?

The volcano in the skull crags exploded, glassing Actand and making an obsidian wall outside the eilistraeean shrine.

Disclaimer: the DM team was already looking to do something with the Actand areas, so bonus points for working into our plans already, and after some discussion with the DM team.

Scope and permanence are entirely context dependant and can't really be explained without seeing a plot synopsis. I doubt you kill gods or make new ones, for example, though.

Estara

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 18 2015, 21:55 PM 

Player

Thanks, Ama! Does this mean this round the Team will deny certain requests or put them on a pending list, or does it mean each round someone can reapply with the same idea if it's not chosen? Do submissions get potential feedback or just the ones chosen, etc.

Sorry if it's too many questions! It just helps me understand.

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 18 2015, 22:08 PM 

Player

There are no rounds. You can just apply with a story whenever you like. Then the team decides between three options:

- Approved - time will be sheduled and off we go.

- Pending - approved but does not currently fit into the running stories or there are currently too many plots going at once so it needs to be run a bit later.

- Denied - you are given a reason why the stories not feasible as it is and it makes no sense to send in the same story again. An overworked story where the issues were fixed is a possibility to submit again though.

The first idea was rounds but we skipped that. The first run was basically just us testing around how things go and how it would work best. We decided the competition and rounds thing isn't the best approach so change it to just apply if you have a nice idea and we review it.

The Great Equalizer

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 19 2015, 1:51 AM 

Player

While the always being open to suggestions for plots and events aspect is nice, hopefully this entire thing remains fairly small scale in how often it occurs. Especially since at a certain point its a far more wastefull process than just recruiting more full DMs.

Kamina

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 19 2015, 6:52 AM 

Player

I really enjoyed my GST last night! It was interesting to see how players can quickly influence how your planned story unfolds, which saw the death of the main protagonist and me minimizing the event in to a one-off as opposed to one that was set to span over a couple of events. In a surprising twist, people were quick to trust a giant, mindless Hydra than they were just some stupid old adventurer, which I found amusing!

Also, learning to use only a small portion of the tools DMs have available was fun, I guess if one thing doing a GST was that it got you to understand how it is from a DM's perspective, which from behind the scenes is rather finicky!

Can't wait to get involved in some of these player-side!

unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

Liz

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 22 2015, 6:17 AM 

Player

How's this going, just out of curiosity? I really enjoyed both my own GST experience and participating as a player in Mystery Clock's, and I'm glad this initiative is continuing.

WrathOfTheNorth

PostPosted: Sun, May 08 2016, 7:48 AM 

Player

Giving this a good bump to see if the initiative is still happening.

Got a couple of cool mini plots thought up.

Khuul-Khuum -Icy Heart Award 2014- Joint 2nd Best Developed 2014!
Ordained Of Her Grace

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Sun, May 08 2016, 9:52 AM 

Player

This is an always going thing.

Byrdkiller

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 14 2016, 5:20 AM 

Player

Birdkiller Halfling SD of Dallah Thaun
Obsiddia Blackskull Duergar Cleric of The Axe Priestess of Conquest

CrazyCatLady

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 22 2017, 20:20 PM 

Player

Is this still an available option? I know several players who have stories they'd love to submit for potential events.

Maverick00053

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 22 2017, 20:38 PM 

DM

Yep. PM them in.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]