View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Rick James

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 04 2014, 17:30 PM 

Player

The sun elf splits his time between his two homes in the Delta and Winya . He keeps the workers happy and well fed with some recipes learnt watching the red haired woman cook over the months he has spent with her. Upon noticing the one eyed coyote he starts leaving food out for him and waits for the coyotes companion to come home to him.

Elorathall

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 05 2014, 21:41 PM 

Player

A number of public letters are placed up in Wharftown and Uhm - one of them might find its way to the delta too..

Aurelius: Sunmaster of Amaunator. Contemplative. Aspirant to Transcendance.
"Sol Invictus"

SocksOnFeet

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 16 2014, 18:57 PM 

Player

On the Delta board, there is a new paper holding names.
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=77568

Arabella Amakiir seems to have taken over the area for Cinderwood Station, and is having others sign a paper to join her in buillding up the area, alongside a small bunny, named Lord Chester Fluffybuns the Third.

bidocks

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 17 2014, 16:46 PM 

Player

A white-haired Elf can occasionally be seen in the Delta, walking around, talking with various people. At times just watching, other times helping tend the fire.

Eternal-Vortex

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 17 2014, 17:04 PM 

Player

Kerim is seen camping in the Delta at times. One time he is caught with a Bunny, and training it how to jump on a Stool and Table at the command. Other then that, designing a small shrine out of a symbol of Kelemvor inside his tent.

Daigon Bloodsworm - Tiefling of Asmodous

Technopath

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 18 2014, 0:40 AM 

Player

Mr. Gold's sign can be found near his table and chair, yet he would not be there currently. Other times he could be found sitting near the fire speaking with those at the camp making small talk.

SocksOnFeet

PostPosted: Fri, Jun 20 2014, 3:54 AM 

Player

The signs for Cinderwood Station have been replaced, showing they moved to Sandy Beach if any wish to find them.

Tel'void

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 03 2014, 3:14 AM 

Player

Recently, A large shadow can be seen looming in the Delta lands directly looming in the Area the old Gambling house, the figure occasionally darting in and out, right before ones eyes. The figure stood seven feet tall, and the only visible markings is the infernal rune marked on its shoulder. It seems the person has taken a recent interest in the delta lands there, and if the funds are checked for the area someone new has begun pouring a lot of funds into it, for some reason, almost like overseeing the area..

~Characters~

Noirel 'Whisper' Illith'vir - The Ex-Slave Tiefling
& 'Ghost' of Cordor's Underground

Zork Dreadtooth 'Skullbasher' - Skullbasher Goblin Shaman.

Cyril "Aabezeth" di'Wys'sparil d'Zau'lyl

Dergaii

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 18 2015, 12:23 PM 

Player

Of late, the Mage Academy in the Delta is often frequented by a hulking blue tinted man. He spends his time inside in reading and writing, sometimes curiously looking at the bubbling alchemy stations. The presence does not seem detrimental so far. There is however a suspicion that toads are disappearing from the laboratory storage.

Dergaii

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 26 2015, 19:12 PM 

Player

Those who would enter the Mage Academy's storage-room would find a most uncommon sight. The corpse of a beholder slave-driver was brought in, filling the available space. The spherical, aberrant, green and brass creature is covered in sales and has a large mouth with razor-sharp teeth and an equally large eye in the middle of it's body. Smaller eyes are found on stalks on the top of the creature. While it is clearly dead, it maintains it's frightening nature.

Working diligently to keep ahead of the decay the hagspawn that frequents this academy wields a silver dagger to methodically examine and dissect the beholder. The dagger is only laid aside for a quill in order to take notes. As he progresses in the dissection, bits of intestines slowly float upward like gas filled balloons.

As the evening progresses the beholder would be emptied out and several jars will be filled with samples. Two large containers hold the creature's brain and the central eye. The rest of the body remains to the side for now, haunted by parts of the insides floating above it.

Dergaii

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 27 2015, 20:20 PM 

Player

The very next day all the floating parts of the creature have fallen back to the ground. The first stages of decay have started to take their effect. The flesh of the beholder is soon a banquet for a series of summoned beetles that each take their turn to devour as much of the flesh as possible. Afterwards the skull is cracked into multiple parts by summoning an earth elemental right on top of it so crashes down.

The remains are gathered and part by part carried outside behind the academy to a large pile. Afterwards a large hole is dug to push the remains in, to be covered later on. The storage rooms is scrubbed and cleaned, though the wood where the beholder corpse lied might have suffered light staining. Besides the stain on the ground all that remains are the large containers with the creature's brain and central eye.

A few days later, all signs of the creature have disappeared. The only remaining traces are the faded stain on the wooden floor and upturned soil behind the academy.

Dergaii

PostPosted: Fri, May 15 2015, 20:42 PM 

Player

A notice is placed on the announcement board:

On the 23rd of Mirtul a lecture will be held at the Mage Academy of the Delta in the Lowland Swamps.
All that are willing and who come in peace are invited. The lecture starts at dusk.
The topic is the anatomy of the Beholder.

// Saturday, 23rd of May at 22:30 GMT+2

LetumLux

PostPosted: Sat, May 16 2015, 9:41 AM 

Player

A pair of gangly people stand at the board, the pale haired man advising the dark haired female on the spelling of some words as she slowly writes, and then leaves a reply tacked up:

If you have need of live or dead specimens, I can provide these, as well as safe handling of a live spellcasting beholder.
    Ahsra of the New Moon

Dergaii

PostPosted: Mon, May 18 2015, 20:31 PM 

Player

A reply is pinned to the message of Ahsra:

I will not risk the safety of this academy by bringing a living beholder in these walls.
And unfortunately I will not have the time to study another dead specimen.
If this offer also extends to other creatures, I have an interest. We should meet.

Morfran Rindrsen

Jade Manticore

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 12 2015, 12:22 PM 

Player

I was out an bout, just kinda lookin around explorin if ya will. See'n how I don't really know the land that well. I was north ish of Cordor where I met some of the local folks, We talked a little bout the area. I ask what was down the road there, the swamp they told me it was dangerous. Well I thanked them and head promptly that direction right off into the bog I did. Pa always said safety in numbers boy. Of course the old man was always right.

There I was . . look'n across a huge bog, the haze from bog gas hung like a blanket over the area. I start walk near the edge careful not to get to close cause the ground all soft like. Ya can hear the bugs buzz'n and talk'n so everything is as it should be, I gots the shield and hammer ready just in case, then it happens.

From the edge of the water it came it was twice my height long, he was built low to the ground with short legs, cover in scales and rough jagged hide. He had a long snout full of teeth, and dragg'n a long tail behind him. I ain't never seen anythin like it before and for a big feller he sure could move fast. It was all I could do to gets my shield turned and up, thats when I noticed it. The large scar across that wicked snout. . .

Anyway Scar latch'd down on my shield and with a twitch of the neck just rip it from my hand, I was back step'n as fast as I could. Scar fumbled with the shield as he chomp'd it a few times see'n if it was a good snack then crawl'd over it to test me. Well let me tell'ya I wasn't wait'n for dinner invite, I was already turn'round and do'n the high step. But Scar wasn't have'n any of that and next thin I know I feel this push on my back and hear this hiss'n like right behind me, I start lean'n cause Scar done got my pack in his mouth. Next thin I know he done ripp'd it right off stuff goes everywhere fly'n everywhere, and I get toss'd to the side. I can see some of the folks I talk'd to they are on the run some with sticks . . I'ma think'n Bo ya done got yerself in some deep shit boy.

Well Scar just could'n wait any longer and had to have a taste, he done clamp'd down on my leg and start to drag me off to the dinner table, I see the edge of the water gett'n closer, and I'ma just swing'n as fast as I can with the hammer on that snout of his. The locals finally get to me an are swing'n sticks and thrown'n a few rocks at him. Scar I guess got confused with all the folks around and slip'd up and let off on my leg, I mean to tell ya I was doing the crawdad and gett'n out of there fast.

Well they all got me out safe less a few things I lost from the pack like a shirt, and gold coin. So if'n ya go down to the bogs better be careful cause ol' Scar just might have a dinner invite for ya.

Dergaii

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 09 2015, 21:32 PM 

Player

A note in clear hand, the writing somewhat larger than usual, is displayed at the announcement board of the Delta Mage Academy.

On the 11th of Eleint, a lecture will be held at the lecture hall of Belenoth.
All that are willing and who come in peace are invited. The lecture starts at dusk.
The topic is troll regeneration.

Those unfamiliar with the location of Belenoth are offered transportation from the Mage Academy of the Lowland Delta, ten minutes prior.

// Friday, September 11th at 22:30 GMT+2

SamTheGiantSlayer

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 31 2016, 22:29 PM 

Player

A haggardly figure hobbles along the perimeter of the Lowlands, a slow and methodical circle about the neighboring swamps. Cloaked from head to toe in long, billowy robes frayed at the hem with age and remiss, they pause every so often to adjust their stance with a grumble and chitter. At most, they seem to be mapping the terrain in some way or another; the rotting and severed arm of a Goblin pokes into the thick, bubbling surface of the bog every few feet, a hoarse hum from the figure's throat in consideration.

Before too much time had elapsed, the figure retreated from the hostile mire and unto the night, unseen.

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!

SamTheGiantSlayer

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 14 2016, 14:33 PM 

Player

Several more citings of the elusive being follow in the tenday that pass, the same gimp travelling around the bog and near the lurid mouth of the nearby portal. They keep to themselves; should most anyone choose to approach them, they would make a hasty and silent retreat by the might of their rotting, oaken branch of a staff.

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!

Faraoh09

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 21 2017, 15:06 PM 

Player

MyOwnDestiny wrote:
Lowlands Delta is seeing an influx of activity. Slowly but surely, more people are arriving and working in the area. Supplies come in from off shore and by cart routes. Occasionally a portal is seen opening or closing, transporting both goods and people.

More often than not, the red haired ranger known as Walker is seen directing workers and looking over the projects going on. The Cordorian flags that were previously posted on the bridges are removed and replaced with the standard of Broken Dreams Trading Co. The sign outside the main building, formerly known as the Golden Phoenix is also replaced with another sign for an up and coming tavern, trade, & entertainment business; Stormwalker's Hall.

Throughout the hamlet, labor ensues. Old ruined buildings are cleared out and the land being made read for planting. Fences go up, ready to receive livestock transfers reims from the mainland. The smaller building is opened up and cleared out, making room for workers in their time off and some rooms available for travelers on a waypoint stop. A small plaque is hung over the door, dubbing the place Delta Downs Inn.

The main source of construction seems to be going on along the shore, where a docking area rises from the bay to accept small skiffs running along the coastline and the main building is gutted with crews beginning reconstructing the interior.

That's a good new :)

That Guy

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 21 2017, 15:29 PM 

Player

// Sorry if this is intrusive, but that post you quoted is from 3 years ago, lots has happened in that area since, and that player left over 2 years ago. Wasn't sure if you realized any of that!

Arkun

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 23 2018, 21:36 PM 

Player

In the swamps of the Lowland Delta, where the Troglodytes and their inbred slaves reside - locals and travellers around the area have noticed that a pair of individuals have made their camps around the swampy region, ignoring any warnings about the dangers of the local wildlife.

Those Troglodytes that do come on by are apparently being fed to two very large spiders that the pair keep - as well as the Elementals that stand guard whenever the pair are visible on the surface, sometimes only appearing by coming out of the Troglodye ruins - rather than going in.

Mostly out, as if they're coming from the depths themselves and exploring.

Kronox

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 06 2019, 19:07 PM 

Player

A Maztican Ranger makes her way through the Delta, a massive snake slithers along beside her. She observes the area diligently, laying more traps in frequented areas by the Troglodyte Lair.

Jes

PostPosted: Wed, Apr 29 2020, 16:48 PM 

DM

Around the Delta, a cloaked woman with a quick pace and a turquoise mark on her forehead can be seen frequently patrolling the area. She looks around sharply, examining any passers-by or regular guests at the Academy. It becomes clear to those who frequent the area that the woman intends to host a meeting at the Academy in a few days.

// This event will take place on Saturday, May 2nd, at 9pm GMT/5pm EDT. Anyone who frequents the Academy (or specifically heard about it IC from someone who does) may come by.

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

Jes

PostPosted: Sat, May 09 2020, 2:04 AM 

DM

Once again, the woman is seen about the academy, preparing for the next meeting, as she had told those at the previous one.

// The same specifications as last apply to this one! It'll be Satuday, May 9th, at 1pm EDT/5pm GMT.

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2