View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Glim

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 02 2013, 5:37 AM 

Player

//Just to elaborate on the info I gave Talyne, since it wasn't clear, the "host to the north" is actually likewise coming from the northern coast of the small island, IE. north of Nes'ek.

666WaysToHell

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 02 2013, 7:31 AM 

Player

The Scrivener is fatigued, of late. The bags under his eyes becoming more apparent each day that passes as he is obviously neglecting sleep in favour of his research, as if lives were on the line, or perhaps, because there are the lives of his people on the line. With each day, his disdain for riddles, puzzles and other such encumbersome delays grew.

He thinks upon the dream, the feather that pointed five ways, he thinks even further back to raft-captain who had still been missing. The locations he had in mind were far, far away, yet he could not pass the chance to search each of them himself, nor could he leave his people to the slaughter.

His mind was torn back to the task at hand; the box. He sat cross-legged in front of the box, leaning forward, positioning his weight upon his staff. His eyes closed, he held is free hand over the green feather over his heart as he attempted to commune with Ma'at...

CelestialDante

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 02 2013, 13:16 PM 

Player

*Feeling the fear in the air in Djedet the Imakhu begins to talk to citizens, middle class and slave alike too. He offers for them to confide in him and shares a prayer with them. Its a rare display for people to see this side of Imhotep, on side his wife would know well.*

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 02 2013, 23:28 PM 

Player

Salema continued her reassurances of the people, remaining calm in the face of everything. Her very being would convey to them that she was certain they would survive despite the evil set against them. Being spiritual herself, she would join with them in prayer, though it was to the Eight she would pray with them, even through her Sharessin amulet was ever present around her neck, out of respect to her people's beliefs.

But when alone in her room she fought to keep herself together. It was for that reason she sought the company of others save for when she could not stave off sleep. She was afraid. Not only for her own life, but for those in Djedet. All of the people that had gathered for safety in the township. And for Emilly. She wanted her so badly to be with her, but she would never let her risk it. Not now.

The door firmly shut and latched, Salema poured her heart out into her prayers to Sharess. She had stripped off all clothing, standing in the center of her small room. Silky hair shifted over smooth skin as her head upturned to the ceiling and she stared out through the roof and into the heavens as the young woman's arms spread out. Chocolate colored eyes fluttered closed as a soft tune took the air in the form of a hum. It wafted on the barely noticeable currents of air seeping into the room, the old Mulhorandi hymn mingling with the rich incense that was already lit.

It carried on for a short while, the sound soft and quiet in it's beginnings. The unclothed woman breathed gently as she hummed, letting the music flow through and from her. Long had she returned to enjoying the old songs of her homeland, ever since she had met the other brothers and sisters in this very township. She had rediscovered herself despite the longing pain thoughts of home had once inflicted upon her.

It was her faith in and love for Sharess that had helped her to heal, slowly, through the years since she had left her birthplace. The faith which had guided her from that dark place, that dark time she had only shared with three souls in all the world, and shown her all of the joy that was Life. And so it was to Her that she prayed now, in her mind as her thoughts reached out to her patron goddess and in her throat with the soft tune that sprang from it.

There was no fear in her, not now, not in this moment. This was the moment when she communed with her goddess, and nothing in her mind would taint that. After not long her body began to move, starting slowly with her hips. Little beads of sweat clung to her here and there, for she was not yet acclimated again to the heat of the desert. Eyes reopened in the dusky light coming in through the solitary high window of her rented room, though they were oblivious to the passing of time as it was slowly overtaken by the light of the candles she had placed around.

But this was far before that, when the sun was still being swallowed by the horizon. When the scent of the jasmine in her hair mixed with the fragrances of lavender, wood, and even the more ritually-based lotus blossom. With a deep, slow, luxuriating breath the priestess inhaled the scents, tasting them on her tongue, let them seep into her body. She had begun to dance, not as one would with a partner or for another to watch but as one in the grip of her soul. It was not feverishly in pace, with a hint of her ever present sensuality, for it was for Sharess that she danced down.

The Mulhorandi woman spun slowly, twisting, turning this way and that. Her arms twisted and coiled to the sides, even her fingers danced in the air with thin smoke twining through them, and they gathered in, hands splayed against the smooth skin of her body as she unashamedly caressed herself. The silken hair spilling from her hair swished around her shoulders as the head owning it canted to and fro.

Her prayer to her goddess was said throughout, her heart quickening as she reveled in Her sight. The words shaped with mouth and tongue and breath were not in Common, no instead she spoke to Sharess in the language of her people. Mulhorandi spilled from her lips as she beseeched Her.

O Bast, Mistress of Cats! Maiden of Pleasure and Lady of Lust, hear me! Please, heed my call!

I have asked for so little, for You have given me so much already. The life You have given me, the power You see fit to channel through me, You have helped me to see again the joys of this world. It is all so much, so much that to ask for more would be gluttony.

But now ... now my sweet Princess of Passion, long ago champion of my people, now I must ask for Your divine aid.

Around this point the tips of the first three fingers on both hands reached down, seeking the sweet-smelling oil nearby and dipping in gently. They returned to her body, her voice still soft though risen in volume, and symbols of both Mulhorandi hieroglyphics and Celestial were drawn onto her skin, all but invisible.

O Bast. You are the light of my soul, the one who lead me from darkness and despair those long years ago. Please, I beg of You, help us! You were once worshiped with the Eight in our home, shown them that You still hold them in Your boundless heart. I know not what You can do, Bast, my goddess, but I ask of what aid You can give. Please... give unto is something, whatever may be Your will.

Remember Your fight against Evil, in all it's forms. You once fought alongside Anhur, protecting our people... I beg You to return to us. I know You shun violence, but think of the cost, of the misery that will be wrought. You know what Anubis shall do if he wins... there will be none safe! Please, my Lady, I beg of you... give us Your blessing. Give us Your strength. Give us Your love!

Bast... Sharess... I love You with my heart of hearts. Hear my plea!

And with that, she collapsed naked onto the cushions. A pair of thin tear-streaks ran down her cheeks, ones she had not been aware of until now. They had been tears of joy, though tinged with her fear for those around her, for her heart had felt like it would burst with emotion. She did all that she could think of, and she relied upon the strength of her goddess to keep herself together.

Salema knew not even what she expected ... only that she could hope her goddess would be able to help. Perhaps the passionate plea from a follower would bring Sharess back to her roots, perhaps not. She was, after all, only mortal, and she could only try.

Salema fell into sleep as dusk turned into night, curled amidst the cushions and pillows like a cat.

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

Glim

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 03 2013, 0:38 AM 

Player

Preparations continue in Nes'ek as co-ordination begins between the disparate factions within the town. Average citizens are tasked with aiding in digging or constructing further, layered defenses along the only two entry points into the town and preparations are made for an ordered retreat should such become necessary.

The Eternal Order opens the Cathedral as a field hospital, while the Priestess Si'Neela seems to organize the citizenry with the help of Mikal and Marcus.

Remal

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 03 2013, 1:14 AM 

Player

War Knights keep assisting the preparations of defenses. Gear is being checked, potions and scrolls are distributed, last tactics are being discussed. Archers are ordered to focus on mages and command-looking figures, while mages are directed to provide defensive enchantments while clerics focus on restorative blessings. Front line warriors are training shield wall formations, while two-handed weapon users stay behind the front lines and keep watch on allied casters and anyone who would break through.
However, they would be no grimness on their faces, but more of anticipation of great battle that is to come.

alamut

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 03 2013, 4:02 AM 

Player

Mikal seems to be busy talking with Marcus, Avadon and Si'Neela.

LadyJeanine

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 03 2013, 9:38 AM 

Player

Very early the following morning, several hours before the eastern horizon would have any blush of the rising sun, Zahra sneaked away from the sleeping form of the Sekhry and woke the Hizubah, the gryphon sleeping just outside the doorway. His bright golden eyes regarded her carefully as she crept quietly away from the tent Mahir had taken to calling his 'quarters' since the sudden activity. He'd wanted to be one with his militia, and understandably so. With them living in the tent beside the many guard barracks, Zahra had opened their home within the township to the community as a place of respite alongside the Complex.

Hizubah rubbed his beak against his talons, watching her without getting up. She paused and looked back at him, then beckoned with a finger for him to follow. He rose and stretched in a feline way, cocking his head at the milky-white stag curled up on the other side of the doorway. Zahra shook her head and placed her finger to her lips to indicate not waking Bakari. With a wide yawn Hizubah turned to follow her silently, staying even with her.

She placed her hand on his feathered withers and trudged through the sand, doing her best to avoid the dying campfires of the restless who stood guard or simply could not sleep. When she and the gryphon found themselves at the edge of the encampment, she gave her feathered friend a small smile.

"Will you go see where Anubis' forces lie currently, my friend? I'll wait here for your return. Stay safe and unseen." She wrapped her arms around Hizubah's neck and gave him a hug. His body rumbled in a sort of a purr before her enveloped with his wing in his way of hugging back. He pulled away a few moments and spreading his wings to a majestic arch. He shook his body in a carefree and confident way that made Zahra smile again before he took flight. She watched him fly out of sight before letting out her breath and sinking down to the sand, wrapping her arms around her knees and murmuring a soft prayer to each of the Eight. She waited in that manner until the gryphon's faithful return.

ROCK ON
\m/

alamut

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 03 2013, 14:14 PM 

Player

Mikal, along with two hired scouts, would be looking for any unusual presence in Ank'remur desert, Beneath the Sands and the City ruins and possible areas, including the cliffs.

erroch

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 03 2013, 14:28 PM 

Player

In the early hours of the morning, those just outside Djedet where research on the magical box continues, laughter is heard. The source of the ruckus is plainly visible as Kohlingen's blue robed Magister as he looms over the device. He is attended by his small familiar who he seems to be in a rather one sided conversation with.

"Why didn't we see this before, Yeth? It is so blasted obvious and was handed to us!" The mage holds up five pages from his notes, each numbered, each showing a feather pointed in a different direction. "One dial, five coordinates. A dream of five directions given to those who should go." The familiar cocks its head and gives an hiss in disbelief. "I know, it is almost cliche, but its all we have to go on. " The mage laughs again as he makes a sixth drawing, overlaying the five locations the feather pointing into one larger diagram. "No really, I'm serious.. watch." He utters a cantrip, cutting away the center of the thin parchment. After carefully placing the drawing over the dial at the hear of the machine, the last stages of science is started. Dominik begins to test his theory.

"Spatial coordinates..." The dial is turned to the first three directions are spun on the dial, and the depressing of a nodule now marked with the word "enter' is pushed. "Now adjust the frequency for the right plane." Two more turns. Two more times the "enter" nodule is pressed. "Now set the harmonics..." A second button, that sometime in the last week was tagged with the word "set" is depressed.

The air next to the portal begins to glow. The glow coalesces into a ring not too much bigger then a minotaur.
The mage's hand hovers over a third crystalline nodule. He hesitates.

Dominik leaves the controls and casts a series of analytical spells; detect magic, analyze dweomer, a partially formed gate spell, and finally a see ley energy. "Yeth, get me a guard. This would go to gehenna."

As the nearby guard makes his way over Dominik calls out to him.
"Wake up the Scriviner and the Sekhry. Yes, I know it is barely dawn. It is important." As the guard goes to his unplesant task the wizard all but laughs as he calls out to him.

"Tell them their answer came to them in a dream. Literally!"

666WaysToHell

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 03 2013, 15:15 PM 

Player

The Scrivener is awoken after having succumb to sleep while trying to commune with the godess Ma'at. He glares up to the guard and silently makes his way to where Dominik has seemingly figured out the puzzle.. Having not even know that's how the box actually works, might have also been reason for his own delay in figuring out the secrets, though he listens to the Magister if he had anything to say on the matter..

Glim

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 03 2013, 16:46 PM 

Player

Hizubah would not be gone from Djedet long before winging back towards the town, one small scorch mark from some spell that he hadn't quite managed to stay out of range of, but otherwise none the worse for wear. Through her bond Zahra, she would learn that to the east, the great host has trampled through the Anaran Oasis, to the south they are tearing and burning their way through the Khalem, desecrating the shrines found there, and to the west they are making their way through the empty desert, nearly to the Lost River region.

It won't be long now that the roads between Djedet and Nes'ek are no longer safe to travel, for Anubis' western forces will no doubt split and turn south and north, to cut off any retreat by either town. If any action is to be taken between the two towns, it will have to happen within the next day at the most.

Mikal and his scouts would find no sign of any demonic forces until they reached the northern outskirts of the ruined city in the Ankh'remun desert. There, as they hide amongst the shattered buildings, they would see the approach of some thousands of demons. They do not hurry, in fact it almost seems as though they take their time, making sure to root out any possible hiding place and savagely tear into it; they don't even let the wildlife they find survive.

It's likely the the northern host will reach Nes'ek's gates in a just over a day, perhaps less.

Elorathall

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 03 2013, 16:57 PM 

Player

In the evening, Marcus leads a small group into Nesek - with more individuals claiming membership of the group trickling in over the next hours. After speaking to Mikal and Serenity, they set up a small camp between the temple of Lathander and the nearest cliff, shielding it from most of the day's sun.

"The Commonwealth at this time does not commit any official presence to the region. The Alpha Division Vanguard is here merely on training exercise."

Apparently, the training exercise involves Marcus speaking with the Kelemnvorans and Si'Neela on matters of strategy and supply. The Kelemnvorans soon take on the responsibility of gathering and storing water in the cathedral, while Marcus and Loynis begin an inventory of the town's food supply.
Meanwhile, Metallien is dispatched to gather the support of the temple of Salandra, as well as speak with the local militia on specific conditions and dangers of the desert environment, such as heat stroke and dehydration, and how best to prevent or cure them.

Other members of the Vanguard that arrive are soon set on helping out with reinforcing the town, as well as becoming accustomed to the exotic environment. When Adoster and San arrive, they are soon committed to do what they can to improve the skill and discipline of the town's militia - imparting experience and helpful tricks as best as they can.

The newer recruits are ordered to help out the town's workers with the fortifications as best as possible, as well as attending any trainings Adoster and San might give.

Aurelius: Sunmaster of Amaunator. Contemplative. Aspirant to Transcendance.
"Sol Invictus"

Last edited by Elorathall on Sun, Mar 03 2013, 17:21 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Silent2001

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 03 2013, 17:09 PM 

Player

Adoster does indeed offer his skill as a drill sergeant to the militia of Nes'ek. Whether or not they heed the words of an outsider screaming commands at them or whether Adoster stalks the grounds shouting to himself remains to be seen!

alamut

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 03 2013, 17:10 PM 

Player

Mikal runs back along with the scouts to inform Si'Neela and the defenders of Ne'sek about the current situation regarding the north.

The attack is imminent ! Sound the alarms and hurry up the works. Send a message to Muharib Ramathant informing the current situation of the north.

Silent2001

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 03 2013, 17:14 PM 

Player

Adoster would council for the evacuation of the locals to Guldorand to his commander.

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 03 2013, 17:28 PM 

Tester

Mahir sends a steaming reply

Mikal

You of no backbone cannot even call yourself a paladin in service to any god. You are filth who has invited in agents of a Magocracy hell-bent on breaking the will of the peaceful on Amia. The Arcanum controls the city of Cordor and your lack of spine saw it fit to bring these dark minded ones into the desert haven.

If a Tarzhen or yugoloth waltzed to your doorstep wearing armor and a cloak I'm certain you would let them in as well.

Do not send your people with them. They are trying the same things they've tried with Uhm and Guldorand. To pry themselves into a situation to show some aid and them conquer a peoples way of life. Take the Wiltun portal if necessary.

The only reason Marcus is different than these others is he had a commitment to the Red Hand Prophecy before he took a position within Cordor. Thus in Ma'at's eyes he was at one time pure and perhaps like Anubis will one day redeemed.

Withdrawal Cordor's presence and the peoples of Djedet will be able to seek refuge in a more defensible position. May the gods shine merciful upon your broken soul. Ankh Udja Seneb.

Mahir Ramathant
Sekhry of Djedet
Marshall of the Feathersworn

Uncle-Opustus wrote:
Just before I fall asleep, I like to pretend it's just a public feat so Pigeon can succeed in politics and save the world from poverty... with his unicorn and shining armour and Excalibur.

Elorathall

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 03 2013, 17:34 PM 

Player

Soon after, Marcus meets with Si'Neela.

"It seems that the horde of demons and undead is closer than I originally believed. Though the cliffs offer a matter of defense and prevent them from altogether encircling Ne'sek - assuming they do not burrow trough or climb over - we still stand many times outnumbered. To consider whole truth, I must call us to view the possibility of withdrawing trough the portals and closing them from Wiltun and Gildurand - if such resources are available, which is a current unknown.

If we fail to hold this town, or the chosen of Ma'at fail to defeat Anubis, the demonic horde may spread via these portals to entirely different realms - making it exceedingly difficult to contain them. I present this argument for your consideration, though I fully understand and support a commitment to stand in defense of the town and this temple against the forces of Anubis - as true sons and daughters of our Radiant Father should."

"Sol Invictus"

alamut

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 03 2013, 17:38 PM 

Player

In the Cathedral of Martyr-Saint Mikal would request the following to Father Gothril

Father Gothril, Kelemvor be blessed *inclines his head*. Ne'sek is in a great danger. I've sent a letter to Chapter Marshal Tannith on the matter but we must to act. The forces of Anubis may strike here soon as we expected. I request you to put the military forces of the Cathedral under my command as we prepare the area to accept refugees from Dejedet, clerics from the Salandran temple, supplies and room for the wounded. There will be a representative of the Salandran to organize them. I suggest we use the main room and barricade it in case the forces of Anubis strike over Ne'sek, pushing us to this final reduct. The low chambers must to be used to stock food and water supply. I also request all squires and soldiers to transport barrels of it to the low chambers where the heat won't ruin the food supplies. The high chambers will be used to accommodate the wounded and those incapable to fight. That would include the barracks and the library as well. But the main room must to remain sealed.

He waits on his answer.

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 03 2013, 17:38 PM 

Tester

A letter to Marcus

Marcus,

I pray this finds you well. Avoid the tantrums of Mikal this day for surely the boy who wears armor and defiles tombs and the dogma of his lord will not find the letter I've sent him well in his soul.

I ask you to remove the presence of Cordor on the sands. We are facing one demon horde on all sides. Our perimeter needs not be infiltrated by another better dressed adversary. Ma'at found you pure at one time by passing the "Test of Ma;at" one-year ago your soul was pure. I sincerely hope this still is the case as this was before you began work in Cordor.

I would ask you to search deep within yourself. Cordor's government is corrupt. Her people may not all be. But its driving force is. The people of the desert Khem are a proud people and should not be subjected to treatment of this sort. To go to Guldorand will be to be annexed by Cordor. Which will not rest well within souls of the pure.

The people of Djedet need be sent to Nesek to share in the natural fortification. And the combined militias holding a choke point have a much better chance of survival. Both cities are doomed less we share in our militia and fortifications.

I expect an imminent reply.
Ankh Udja Seneb.

Mahir Ramathant
Sekhry of Djedet

Uncle-Opustus wrote:
Just before I fall asleep, I like to pretend it's just a public feat so Pigeon can succeed in politics and save the world from poverty... with his unicorn and shining armour and Excalibur.

Mobile_Svensk

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 03 2013, 17:42 PM 

Player

Recruit jonhsson, of the ADV, took the cart north to Guldorand and surveyed the ruined city and all the temporary tents. He watched some soldiers that milled about before turning north and entering the cavern, and the portal to nes'ek. He carried a few healkits, plenty of water and a tent in a backpack. As soon as he stepped foot upon the other continent he exhaled briefly.

"This is as far away from home i have ever been... Now where is the Lieutenant? "

alamut

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 03 2013, 17:50 PM 

Player

*A letter is sent back to Mahir*

Mahir Ramathant

I honestly forgive your rude words and your misunderstanding about the fact. I don't know who has informed you about the presence of Cordor here or not, but Cordor is not represented here officially. Mister Aurelius has expressed a good will when no one else has had.

Lord Avadon has expressed his interest regarding Wiltun giving free access to refugees there, passing to Caraigh or Kohlingen. I'm aware, on contrary as you said, about Cordor situation and for that I've suggested Wiltun instead of Guldorand, considering the fact Cordor controls that place. I'm waiting now Lord Avadon's answer on the matter about giving free access to the ships in Wiltun. Lord Cory has expressed profound interest on taking the refugees in Caraigh as well.

Also, be informed the armies of Anubis will reach Ne'sek over a day, perhaps less.

I can only hope your informants keep you aware of the situation before casting rude words when someone extend you a friendly hand.

May your temper not be lost in such difficult times.
Kelemvor blessings.

Miakal Blacksword.

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 03 2013, 17:52 PM 

Tester

Mahir speaks to the elders in Djedet and asks their opinions.

He explains Cordor and the Arcanum (though they already know) and he explains how Nesek had forced his wife to stand as a captive while the Djedet Militia went to the desert passed them searching for the the items from Ma'at.

In short he explains the transgressions of Mikal seeking to defile and upset the tombs of the ancestors, the forces of Cordor and its corruption, and Nesek's action itself.

He also explains their naturally defensive position and the heightened security from two militias holding instead of one. He explains what it might mean to take aid and it could be an end of their way of life.

He says that all sources are fairly clear... unless Anubis is stopped we are all going to die... We will hold off for days even, but there is more demons than hairs on the camel. And the Plane of Gehenna can continue spitting them out until we are overrun. We are the line in the sand... Should Khem fall the portals to all the realms will be opened to his forces. And even Mulhorand will fall should we fail.

"What is your judgement my elders. These were your people first. Your judgement will be so. I am a soldier and I will serve the whim of the people. I can only offer advice on the matter."

He leaves them to debate and goes to drill the units once more.

Uncle-Opustus wrote:

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 03 2013, 17:56 PM 

Tester

After drilling he goes to Dominik and Aoth...

"Is it ready?"

Uncle-Opustus wrote:

666WaysToHell

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 03 2013, 18:12 PM 

Player

Aoth looks up from his spell book to the Sekhry, the motions him to Dominik for information about the box.

"If all else fails, I must stop the forces of Anubis from ever leaving this isle. Pray to the eight gods and Ma'at that I live long enough to see this contingency through...

Even if I do not return."

He regarded the Sekhry with an unnatural calmness, as if the man had accepted what is to become of his fate. He then returned to his spell book, writing down two castings of a Mages Disjunction.

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 03 2013, 18:16 PM 

Tester

Mahir clasped Aoth on the cheek and looked into his eyes before giving him a firm nod and pressing his forehead against his and murmured a quiet prayer for his safety.

He then walks over to Dominik's side and asks him. He keeps an eye toward the Elder's Quarters waiting for them to come out and have an answer.

Uncle-Opustus wrote:

Elorathall

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 03 2013, 19:12 PM 

Player

A reply is soon sent.

Quote:
To Mahir Ramathant
Sekhry of Djedet

Mahir Ramathant,

The Commonwealth at this time has committed no resources to the region of Khem. The members of the Alpha Division Vanguard present in Ne'sek are there on desert environment training. It is unfortunate that we have at this time found ourselves in the path of the forces of Anubis. Those of the Vanguard who remain in Ne'sek shall do so on voluntary and unofficial capacity.

To my knowledge, at this time there is no official invitation or denial from the Commonwealth in regards to refugees from the Khem region to pass trough Guldorand, nor have any requirements been placed on those that would. However, it is my understanding most will seek to travel via Wiltun instead.

I agree to your assessment that we would strengthen our defense by concentrating our meager forces in a single point, and the people of Djedet would be welcome to aid in the defense of Ne'sek and share in its protection - provided they are able to bring as many supplies as possible to lighten the burden on Ne'sek's own.

Regardless of the disposition of the Vanguard in the region, as Sunmaster of Amaunator I am bound to the defense of Ne'sek and its temple of the Morninglord against the soulless and cursed hordes of the lower planes. In this, the ambitions and insecurities of mortal realms are of no concern to me.

Signed,

Marcus Sembianus Aurelius
Sunmaster of Amaunator

The last phrase of the letter is clearly intended to send a message, though it would also be of note Marcus does not sign the letter with his position of commander of the Vanguard.

--

Perhaps most notably in Ne'sek itself, the members of the Vanguard are soon informed that the intended training exercise has been cancelled - due to the rather unfortunate circumstance of an approaching demonic horde - and that any that remain do so entirely as volunteers. Those who choose to withdraw instead are ordered to hold in Guldorand until further notice.

"Sol Invictus"

alamut

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 03 2013, 19:23 PM 

Player

Mikal would present the letter from Avadon to Marcus and Si'Neela.

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 03 2013, 19:33 PM 

Player

The following day Salema woke, still naked laying upon her cushions and pillows though she had turned into a somewhat awkward position. Rubbing some stiffness from her body she rose, the air in her partially ventilated room heavy with the scent of incense, and she drew in a deep breath. With a longing sigh, though one laden with content, she smiled and reopened her eyes so as to casually gaze about. An outfit, several actually, lay nearby on a table though she did not don it yet.

Preferring to go about her morning, and by the sight of things it was just after daybreak, routine in the nude this time she did so, taking the opportunity to use the small circular tub in the corner to have a standing bath. Once finished she shook a little of the water from her body and stepped free, not bothering with a towel so as to somewhat air dry in the desert heat.

It did not bother her in the slightest, though she took care to keep from getting her belongings wet, and finished with readying herself for the day. After the lengthy prayer, indeed it felt to her as if her prayers had lasted for hours but it was merely a pair, the evening before she felt rejuvenated and refreshed, her eyes bright once more. Then she kissed the only two things she had worn after disrobing before the impromptu evening ritual, the ring Emilly had given her and her Sharessin amulet, neither of which ever left her body, and used a towel to dry completely before clothing herself.

With happy thoughts prominent in her mind, despite the task she was set to take now, Salema quietly exited the room and headed for the merchant area. The light of day was still brightening as she sat upon a rock, knees together with a flat wooden writing board across her lap. she had parchment with her, purchased from one of the township's merchants sometime after she had returned to Djedet, and some ink with a quill.

For several moments she sat there, gazing around as she inhaled the scents of her home, watching those still sleeping and the few awaking. After a short while Salema began to write. Four letters in total were written; two each, one in Common and one in Mulhorandi, with the second addressed to two people. An odd thing to do, perhaps, yet it was done. A few quiet sniffles came from her as she wrote, though she did well to hide them, and managed only a solitary tear stain upon one of them; the one in Common with Emilly's name on it.

Once finished she did something she had not done since she returned. Just outside the walls she opened a portal to Kohlingen, letters in hand, and she returned a few minutes later without them. She then took to waiting for a pair of people, finding Zahra first and taking comfort with her, and Tari next. The friendship she had struck with the two women warmed her heart and she was thankful for it, taking solace with her two friends from home. Later, though not much later for she did not tarry in this, she would seek Mahir and see if there was anything more she could do. Being but a healer at heart, despite the raw power she commanded from Sharess, she had no mind for wartime strategies and the such, but she would do what she could for her people in Bast's name.

She said nothing to any of them about her impassioned prayer and rites to Bast the night before, not wanting to intrude her faith into theirs. Praise was giving to the Eight with the others, and it was sincere for the young Sharessin was not one to look lightly upon the power of prayer nor would she disrespect the gods of her home with insincerity.

// For funsies, I have a link to the letters here

Mobile_Svensk

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 03 2013, 19:40 PM 

Player

Amongst the residents of Nes'ek there's a few newcomers. The Alpha Division Vanguard Soldiers are there, yet not as ADV soldiers, instead they are there as Volonteers. About half the force seems to be present. They are hanging out next to the Temple of Lathander and discusses the situation with The 'Sunmaster' Marcus Aurelius, Among others.

Some of the ADV troopers decide to depart, some decide to stay, thankfully the majority decides to linger about the town for a time.
One of the Troopers, Simon Johnsson, seems to have been given an assignment. He have collected A thin sheet of lead, a piece of opaque glass and a small bag of powdered chrysolite. He mills about town inquiring about a wad of cotton or cloth.

Metalien

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 03 2013, 19:42 PM 

Player

Metalien is dispatched to deliver a letter of request to his Temple Mother, Victoria. He immediately leaves and hands the letter to her.

Quote:
To Temple Mother Victoria,

I hereby request the assistance of the temple of Salandra with the ongoing crisis in the region of Khem. The township of Ne'Sek lies in the path of a large demonic horde, due to arrive within a day, and is in dire need of capable healers and supplies to bolster the defense. As such, I request that whatever resources that can be spared are dispatched immediately via the portal in Guldorand. If no personnel can be spared, any available supplies would be greatly appreciated.

Signed,

Marcus Sembianus Aurelius
Sunmaster of Amaunator.

Delivering the letter Metalien bows reverently to his fellow Salandran and offers his apology for not being able to stay and talk. Departing with a "Salandra's Blessings" Metalien's thoughts are of his fellow clerics and wether he'll see them again any time soon.

Elorathall

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 03 2013, 20:00 PM 

Player

In the meantime, Marcus spends some time in prayer in the temple of Lathander, before heading out again to the northern wall. There, he begins uttering incantations to reinforce and raise the wall. The area of the wall is then Hallowed and covered in powerful wards of blasting.

Some time later, the southern wall and choke point is given a similar reinforcement.

"I don't think these walls are going to hold a demon horde."
"Neither do I. But they may succeed in slowing it down, which is the intention. While we may not defeat the horde outright, we may hold it at bay long enough for the townsfolk to evacuate - and the chosen of Ma'at to overcome Anubis himself.

Speaking of which..."

"Sol Invictus"

Mobile_Svensk

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 03 2013, 20:03 PM 

Player

Simon Johnsson, One of the ADV volonteers, seems to have given up on his odd task and have resorted to the spell Control Water and is seen moving a gallon of water at a time into small buckets, from the waterfall at Nes'ek and the Well from the Square. It seems like he doesn't know any better spells in times of relative peace, being the battlemage he is.

Elorathall

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 03 2013, 23:46 PM 

Player

As the hours pass, Marcus continues to guide and direct those who need such. Wearing his armored robe - seemingly ancient even by Mulhorandi standards - and decidedly ornate helmet-mask, he speaks and acts with a determined and serene demeanor, which becomes all the more noticeable as time grows shorter and those around him ever more tense. His strides and words are measured, calm and purposeful, though he seems fully aware of what approaches when prompted. He continues holding the regular rites of dawn, noontide and dusk, openly inviting any who wish to join from doing so but drawing non who are otherwise occupied preparing the defense away. Rather than having accepted an inevitable death, he claims to find great calm and strength in the knowledge that "this is where he is meant to be". Whatever that might mean.

When the demonic horde is sighted on the horizon - or more likely heard in the distance - he moves to stand at the top of the stairs of the temple of Lathander, and begins to speak to those present with the experience of one accustomed to do so. Though his voice carries with purposefulness and a calm timbre, it is especially the sight of his ornate, dark brass-coloured mask that carries his words - an unblinking gaze from an otherworldly yet distinctly human face, surrounded by a halo shaped as a sunburst. Even to those not of the same faith, the mask would seemingly add gravity to the Sunmaster's words - as if they comes straight from the sun god itself.

((for atmosphere))

"People of Khem.
Of Djedet and Ne'sek.
Allies of Cordor. Of Kohlingen. Of Wiltun.
Craftsmen. Merchants. Farmers. Soldiers.

Sons and daughters of the Radiant Father.

And all that stand against this darkness.

A great host draws ever near. Born of hatred and spite and broken oaths. The ancient Anubis, once called to serve the Mulan now marches against those in its charge. To corrupt this ancient land. To slay its people. To enslave its destiny to chaos and evil evermore. Thousands of demons march with this forsaken god.

And here we are to stand against this great power. Us few. Of mortal flesh and frailty. Of blood easily spilled and lost. Of lives easily torn asunder. There will be pain and suffering and death before this day has passed. We shall all lose something in this. Our sacrifice will be great.

And yet here we stand. Because we must. Because we are called on to do so. Because He intended it so."

At this, Marcus briefly motions to the sun above.

"Amaunator. Lathander. Morninglord. Keeper of Law. Keeper of the Eternal Sun. It matters not how you name Him, for He has many names. His gaze falls on us all. He knows us all. Our souls. Our strengths. Our fears. We would not be here today, in this land, if He had not intended it so.

This world is His.
This world is ours.
It matters not which corner you come from. It matters not if you are born high or low. Today, here, we are all His sons and daughters. And we are charged but a single duty.
To carry His light within us.
To carry His light without us.
To stand united, defiant of the approaching Night.

We do not do so with vast numbers.
Nor unholy might.
Nor vile magics.

We stand here with faith.
Truthful faith that our sacrifice will not be in vain.
That our suffering has meaning.
And it does.
He wills it so.

We stand here with zeal.
Defiant in the face of this great beast, that would swallow us whole.
Our minds tell us to flee. To hide.
But we are not vermin, to be scattered before the storm. We are men and women of the Fifth Creator Race. He has given us souls of fire. We see the great beast that approaches, and gaze defiantly into its jaws. And we say
this far, and no further.

And here we are to stand against this great power. Us few. Of mortal flesh and frailty. Of blood easily spilled and lost. Of lives easily torn asunder. There will be pain and suffering and death before this day has passed. We shall all lose something in this. Our sacrifice will be great.

And trough it, we shall gain victory.
While we stand, we fight. While we fight, we prevail.
For our children.

For our world.

Sol Invictus."

And with that, and a short prayer in an ancient tongue, the gathered audience is blessed in the ancient god's name.

((Preacher 2, Persuade 39))

"Sol Invictus"

Last edited by Elorathall on Sun, Mar 03 2013, 23:52 PM, edited 1 time in total.

666WaysToHell

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 03 2013, 23:50 PM 

Player

Loynis, not wanting to be disturbed by the heretical preaching of Marcus, leaves the chapel, and Nes'ek, deciding to remain with his family on Amia, as opposed to the death-sentence staying in Khem would have been.

Glim

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 04 2013, 1:58 AM 

Player

Though the defenders of Nes’ek would be a bit hesitant at these “foreigners” from Cordor coming and and drilling them, they would eventually come to realize the necessity of their aid and perhaps that they have greater experience than they. They would begin to fall in line as drilled and though they still seem to look more to the clergy of the local temple of the Morninglord for their orders, they obey well enough and the priests seem not to recognize any need to countermand the Cordorians for the time being.

Upon hearing the various reports from Mikal and Marcus, Priestess Si’Neela would spend only a short time in thought before coming to a decision. We will stand for as long as we can, to give the noble Chosen of Ma’at as much time as possible to save this island, our home. When we can hold out no longer, when the gates are overrun, we will retreat through the portals. She would pause briefly before continueing. By twilight this night, everyone not able to fight should be escorted to either Wiltun or Cordor; make it clear to them what either choice might mean for them, without any personal biased.

And let us pray.

Father Gothril would be busily seeing to the preparations within the Cathedral himself, and indeed it would seem that barricades have been formed and the triage center nearly established. There is something of a shortage of medical supplies, but given that they are only meant to hold the town for as long as possible before evacuating, that is likely all they will need. Stabilizing the wounded for transport will be the priority, rather them healing them entirely on site.

The few standing Knights and warriors of the Eternal Order make themselves available to Mikal in the absence of a higher-ranking leader, and do indeed work with the townsfolk to bolster the defenses.

With a few hours having past now, the portal which was created by the “box” still appears to be holding stable. It would seem that there just might be a chance to end the threat of Anubis for good. But is there time?

Cotton and cloth would of course be easily found by Simon, for whatever it is he might have planned.

Metalien would be seen personally by the Temple Mother, Of course we will help in whatever way we can, but I fear we will not be able to arrive in time. If what you say is true and these demonic hordes will reach the townships by the end of this day, it would take us that amount of time just to gather what supplies we could. The recent attack by the Garagosians has left our supplies sorely drained and even though we have been receiving donations to restock them, everything is a mess right now.

She would shake her head in evident frustration, and a clear sadness that more cannot be done in time. We will gather what we can, as quickly as we can, and prepare to receive any casualties in Guldorand, but there is little else we can do in such a short time. Salandra see you through.

//Will be holding any response to Marcus’ speech until the horde is actually in sight, as per his mention that Marcus would wait until it was in view before speaking up.

The Elders of Djedet could be heard talking and debating for a full hour through the walls, before finally the voices grow silent, seeming to come to an accord on how to act. Rather than meet with the Sekhry in private, the collective Elders choose to address the township directly, and as word spreads of this, an audience of townsfolk and refugees alike begins to gather in front of them.

Sons and daughters of the Eight, good allies of our people. As the reality of the forces arrayed against us becomes more clear, we are faced with a difficult choice. Do we stay and defend our lands and homes to the last, denying the evil that was face its desire to see us crumble in fear? Or do we leave our homes to lands which may demand we bow before ideologies and laws foreign to our very souls, to the will of the Eight?

There is only one path before us, one choice which stays true to ourselves and our Gods. We fear that we will lose our way if made to live in lands not our own, we fear that death may be a more pure path than what we may have to live among in those lands. We,
here the elder who is speaking motions around to the collective elders, are here to reassure you that this will not come to pass.

Long ago, we were made to suffer under the yolk of those foreign to us, as slaves not in the service of the Gods but in the service of mere men. Our bodies, our hearts, were made to suffer injury and impurity all around us, but our souls endured. Our people endured. The Eight showed us our path again, and revived our ancient forefathers, bringing them back into Their keeping. The Eight did not abandon us then, and I speak with not a feather’s weight of doubt that they will be with us now.

While there is life, there is hope. And so our priority in the face of this darkness must be to preserve life, endure whatever hardships may await, and stay true to ourselves and the Eight. We will leave Djedet behind, that our people might live on. We will join with the foreigners of Nes’ek and together hold back the tide of Anubis’ great host, until our Chosen show him back to the truths that Ma’at and the Eight offer us all.

There is little time to prepare for the journey to Nes’ek; take only what you need to survive the road, and any food, water and medicines that can be carried without slowing us on the road ahead.

We leave with the setting of the sun.

Though the words of the Elders weigh heavily on those gathered, nods of agreement from resolute faces can be seen throughout the crowd, intermixed with the fear wrought by all that has come to bear. The people begin gathering what they can, hesitant to leave their homes, the places to which they belong, but the necessity of the situation settles over them and sees the preparations made.

Tonight, Djedet will empty.

As the preparations continue in the wake of the Elders’ speech, the priests of Osiris perform the necessary rituals to begin waking the honored dead, calling them to the defense of the Mulharondi people in their time of need.

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 04 2013, 3:43 AM 

Player

In the wake of the speech from the Elders Salema would go through the people, mingling and listening to the words said around her. That same soft, friendly voice that comforted them on their arrival would be heard again, giving them more reassurances. She would remind them that solidarity is key, and that the defense of one town over two will ensure that they can coordinate better. That they were not forsaking their homes, that there will be time to rebuild later. She would remind them of their faith, that the Eight would not desert them, and that they, as a people, will endure. She spoke from the heart, not a trace of doubt in her face, her words surprisingly firm and full of conviction. Here and there she would lend a hand, for her things were already packed, aiding in the bundling of belongings and perhaps helping to secure a family heirloom or the like for someone.

Before leaving, she disappeared for a time. Prayers were said as the sun lowered, offering her voice and love to Her. Spells of healing were secured the most, though she spared not her other protective gifts. Quickly her armor was donned, the same reliable plate armor she had carried around for so long. Her bag contained other magical bags, though it seemed she had only brought to Djedet what she would need, and her quarterstaff was in her hand as she used it more like a walking stick than a weapon. The cloak with Sharess' symbol was around her neck, free hand keeping it in check so it was out of the way, and her hood on it remained down.

She was ready and yet still she moved about, helping and talking as needed. It seemed there was a fire kindled in her very soul.

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 04 2013, 5:07 AM 

Tester

Mahir pens a letter quickly and hands it off to one of the Elders.

He also hands off a large envelop sealed to Malatril. It is labeled simply "Ulrik". He says, "Should I not return, see this goes to Ulrik"

He kisses his infant son on the forehead before passing the child to the slave Tahira. He clasp his ward Fu'murik's hand within his own and then tells him he loves him as a son.

Mahir seeks out his militia whom he had hand picked and trained himself, the guards whom he had grown close as brothers in the last year of his command, he clasps each one on the shoulder without a word before standing in front of them.

"It is an honor to serve amongst each and every one of you. May the Gods grant us victory. You lot, defend the column and help get them to Nesek. Follow the Elders rule, not those of the town. If needed get to Kohlingen. My friends, my blood brothers, I ask you one more thing. I need one of you to guard the teleportation device while we are inside. And destroy it less Anubis gains control of it..."

He lets that hang in the air knowing full well he asks a man to sign up for a possibly certain death.

"Im aware of the gravity of my request. I ask you soldiers whom protect the town daily to pick."

He awaits for a man to step forward and then cuts his own hand and lets the blood run onto that man and motions for the others to do the same, painting him red, not in paint but in the blood of warriors to honor Anhur the fullest.

He departs these men with a tear in his eye as he and the painted man head toward the walls, with a boost from the man he stands on the wall and looks out.

Mahir addresses the peoples of Djedet and the refugees before their departure by standing on the walls of Djedet.

Peoples of the Sepat of Khem, the Township of Djedet!
He begins in his clear baritone.

The Sons and Daughters of the Eight!
He holds both his hands high, relying on his personal magnetism and prestige to get them to listen.

I love each and every one of you. And as Sekhry I took a vow to defend you till my last breath. If the Gods see it fit to fulfill this vow and take me from Djedet. I will not know the afterlife from this one. For this is as perfect as any heaven can be for me.
With a smile he continues. His voice having caught a few times previously.

The cosmic harmony is unbalanced and the Chosen of Ma'at will bring about a most divine solution and Anubis will be redeemed for the Glory of Mulhorand and all its people.
He looks about the crowds gathered before him and balls his right hand into a fist slowly bring it down to chest level. His left hand limp at his side.

Let there be no doubt. Anubis's forces will trample our farms. And pull down these walls. But be not alarmed...
His voice is slow and somber.

We shall return and I make unto you this vow, that Djedet and the entire Sepat of Khem will once more prosper under our daily toil. And the wise leadership of the Elders as well as the Tetrach shall bring about an age of milk and honey. And each will benefit. And families will be together in their own homes, together!
His voice rises in a great crescendo and his face animated as he encourages them and prepares for the great future.

We shall rise up, like a phoenix from the ashes and stretch our glorious wings in the Sun. And all will know. All will know!
He extends his arms out like the phoenix, points at the son and punches the sky to enunciate everyone knowing.

Djedet will become the city on a hill! Other nations will look too it as a beacon of light and strength. A shining example of what honor, strength, and faith in the great Eight-Fold Pantheon can bring about.
His crescendo finally reaches the peak and his powerful voice rings off the cliff walls. And lets a long pause remain, he looks over the crowd catching eyes here and there.

We, the chosen of Ma'at, will venture into the Plane where Anubis now makes his home. And with Ma'ats blessing bring about his redemption through the divine request of Goddess Ma'at.
He begins very slowly and surely. His voice sure and proud but quieter and deeper.

And the Eight of Mulhorand shall guide us. And protect us! For they will be our divine shield
He deftly kicks his shield up into the air and catches the "Roaring Lion". Without a breath he continues on

and sword.
The Khopesh of the High Scribe rings free of the Asabi tail scabbard. The feathers etched on to the blade shine irridescent in the brilliant sunlight in Djedet as its held high above his head.

And let there be no doubt.
He pauses momentarily and then lunges the sword higher again

No doubt!
He roars damn near like the lion. He pauses and lets the echo quit.

For they will suffice. This is what our faith teaches us
He paces on the narrow walls girth.

And it is in faith our people were made. And in faith we endured the lamentations forced upon our people by the Imaskari. And in faith we rose above and become a most victorious empire. And in faith.... in faith we walk this day.
He had walked back and forth and swung the sword into the sky.

The cosmic harmony is unbalanced and the Chosen of Ma'at will bring about a most divine solution and let the miscreant Anubis be redeemed for the Glory of Mulhorand.
He had slid the blade into the scabbard. His voice no longer in crescendo. He speaks with utter sincerity and no fan-fare

May you wear the mantle of Ma'at like an armor! May the faith of the Eight be your sword. And Remember Always..
He trails off quietly

You are Mulhorandi! There is none greater than we!
And again the powerful drill instructor vocal chords boom against the wall he gestures to everyone in the crowd.

Ankh Udja Seneb. Chosen of Ma'at, follow Me.
He had overly enunciated the blessing of departure and with that he drops down off the wall away from the people and strides toward the Silverscales and the machine.

With the entire population of the islands southern and fertile region departing under the watchful eyes of the guard, militia, and the War Knights. Mahir waits for the rest of the chosen near the active portal. He thanks the Silverscales and wishes them well on their journey those whom are going and those who had decided to help hold the portal with the painted man.

*****************************************************************************************

Uncle-Opustus wrote:

666WaysToHell

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 04 2013, 5:39 AM 

Player

The Scrivener stood by the portal, his familiar standing by his side while his free hand idly stroked the panthers mane.

"Well, old friend, soon we shall reunite with my wife and sons."

There was a long silence of contemplation, Aoths fingers drummed his staff without pause. Nera purred under Aoths petting, and continued to stand by her master faithfully. Their bond, now exceeding their arcane connection.

Let us pray, that whoever now bears the divine essence of Ma'at, after the death of Yaston Sylgerand, lives in peace every more, knowing the strength and fearlessness of their brethren. Even in the face of death, our courage will be smiled upon by the god-kings themselves.

Silence fell upon the duo, words no longer appropriate for what was at stake. If all else fails, he will make sure that Anubis fails with them...

LadyJeanine

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 04 2013, 6:08 AM 

Player

From the depths of the crowd Zahra watched her husband rally the people together with his passionate and confident words. Her heart leaped with pride and love for the man as his words stirred those around her, and herself. At his farewell, she clenched her jaw resolutely and pushed through the crowd toward the portal where the chosen were to gather.

She gave Aoth a small smile as she neared the portal, Hizubah and Bakari appearing behind her. The priestess pulled out a jar of her husband's war paint and smoothed it over her skin as the others started to gather. The breath in her throat tightened as she looked to portal, unsure if she was ready to face what lay ahead. Her hand found the hilt of her khopesh and she forced out the soft breath that seemed stuck within her. Her thoughts immediately went to Braxis, then to Fu'murik and she felt a sense of dread wash over her as she realized she hadn't seen the boy to say goodbye. As if sensing her pain, Hizubah brushed his tail against her red-painted calf and Bakari nuzzled her arm.

"You're right," she whispered to them. "We'll return and see them both again. We have to."

ROCK ON
\m/

Jes

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 04 2013, 6:48 AM 

DM

Heeding the call while she may, the copper kin Zelly and Platinum Knight of Kohlingen arrives once more to join her fellow Chosen. She is fully dressed in armor made from the scales of an adult copper dragon and bears the tabard of Kohlingen proudly. Her talon-blade in her hand and a shield on her arm, she stands as a warrior alongside Mahir and the others, offering a quiet apology for being unable to remain throughout the entire situation, due to her duties.

But she has come when she is needed, as she had long ago promised she would.

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

NinjaClarinet

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 04 2013, 7:18 AM 

Player

The sullen druid would be seen spending some time with her loyal little sand creeper, talking quietly to it and feed it a handful of gems. After some time, it disappears into the sand. Talyne would rise, dusting off her gown and doing her best to hide the moisture in her eyes. She joins the other Chosen heading to the portal, gripping a simple, twisty wood staff. She takes a moment to intone a simple Animal Messenger spell, whispering quietly to a small desert bird that heeds the call. The animal is then sent on it's way and she simply waits at the back of the group, head bowed.

TheGoddessOfAmazing©

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 04 2013, 9:04 AM 

Player

Jacqueline arrives at the last minute, and apologizes for being delayed.

"I am prepared and present, as I said I would be."

CelestialDante

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 04 2013, 11:34 AM 

Player

The Imakhu would offer a respectful nod to Mahir, clearly impressed by his speech.

"Sehkry I would offer my help on the frontline, just ask what you will of me in the coming battle."

With that he wanders to the portal.

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 04 2013, 18:31 PM 

Player

Hearing the speech from Mahir before then were set to part ways, Salema could not help place a hand over her amulet and chest as tears sprang to her eyes. Breath caught in her throat as she fought back a soft sob, swallowing and blinking away the salty water from her eyes. Before departing she would approach the gathered Chosen, though she did not know them all well, and bid them a more personal good bye. It was not much, and she refrained from hugging her fellow Mulhorandi though those of of her homeland were embraced, but it was heartfelt. To Talyne and Tari and Zahra, in particular, she would thank them for their kindness since she had first joined them all in Djedet.

She was concerned and worried, that was apparent, and though she was teary-eyed she did not seem to be saying goodbye. It seemed as if she knew she would see them again. In soft tones, though said with conviction, she would add to the other Mulhorandi folk:

I would go with you if I could, but I believe the need is greater that I stay with our people to protect them. I swear to you all, and to the Eight and to Sharess, that I will do everything in my power to keep them safe. We will see you again, all of you, and our people will be ready to welcome you home. her free hand lifted, making a divine gesture as she continued, casting a spell of blessing upon them, Trust in Ma'at. Trust in the Eight. Trust in yourselves and each other. Take with you the blessing of Bast, and know Her fury and passion in the fight against Evil. Ankh Udja Seneb, my brothers and sisters. she then nodded to them all, with a small yet genuine smile Ankh Udja Seneb.

And, should there be no more said, she would return to the people readying to depart, the end of her quarterstaff making little divots in the sand next to her footfalls.

Silent2001

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 04 2013, 21:23 PM 

Player

As the day draws to an end on the scorching deserts of Khem Adoster would crawl from his shabby tent hidden in the shade of the cliffs. He took out the Cordor-Watch issued armour and strapped it in place slowly, ensuring every strap was fastened, every latch secure and the broach depicting the symbol of Tyr gleamed defiantly in the glare of the setting sun. Once confident the armour was fastened in place Adoster took a moment to kneel beneath a palm and pray,

Just Lord, watch over these people in their time of need and guide them to victory over the diabolic hoard of demons and undead that threaten their land and their people. Grant the defenders the strength to repel the interlopers and secure their borders from evil. Grant your servant the strength to see your will done.

He would stride confidently into the square of Ne'sek and draw his blade which he would beat liberally against his shield, attempting to stir the defenders he spent the past few days drilling from their rest. Should they assemble he would walk slowly down the small rank and call out clearly, "Soldiers of Ne'sek, the sun sets and the Morninglord blesses us with his warmth, his grace and fortitude to overcome the evil that will come in the night." The scimitar of the paladin would point to the sky, allowing the blade to gleam in the light of the sun, for emphasis. "Demons and undead shamble towards their destruction at our hands, they will reach your gates and wipe the sand from their eyes to witness their ruin at the hands of the Morninglord's defenders!" He would turn on the rank, and gesture wide to the handful of men that give the outsider the time of day "Of Ne'sek's defenders!" The paladin's voice would grow to a confident roar, "I am not of this land, but I am a warrior in the same war each of you fight. The war against evil, a war that transcends borders, culture and politics." The blade of the paladin would point to the desert, "the festering and corrupt rabble comes, they hope to extinguish the glory of the Morninglord but there is always another dawn and we shall live to greet it once more!"

Whether or not they understand a word the foreigner is screaming remains to be seen. With the speech concluded he would whistle and point towards the northern wall all the same and assist with any last minute fortifications.

erroch

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 04 2013, 21:54 PM 

Player

Because I apparantly failed to hit Submit earlier in the weekend.... please place this post about Sun, Mar 03 2013, 14:12 PM as a response to this:

GreatPigeon wrote:
Mahir clasped Aoth on the cheek and looked into his eyes before giving him a firm nod and pressing his forehead against his and murmured a quiet prayer for his safety.

He then walks over to Dominik's side and asks him. He keeps an eye toward the Elder's Quarters waiting for them to come out and have an answer.

Dominik would have, when approached by the Scrivener and the Sekhry copied all information the trio had gleaned about the box over the last few days. A good bit of the basic operating information would have been attributed to an unnamed "minotaur and talking bear" from when the box was originally procured in a carnival at the oasis.

He'd explain the settings on the exposed dial the feather in the dream, and give either of them a run through of the portal's workings.

The next day when Dominik returned from Kohlingen he would have copies of Ulrik's original notes to suppliment what was copied the previous day. Other then brief trips back to the Holy City to handle matters of the Magister's office, he remains in Djedet.

alamut

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 04 2013, 23:17 PM 

Player

Mikal spends the rest of the days helping the soldiers and novices in the Cathedral to set up the barricades, supplies and minor things. The remaining time he would spend on producing Improved Holy water, enough to distribute those to along with the knights and warriors of the Cathedral and, if possible, to the defenders as well. In his last moment before the battle, the bells of the Cathedral would ring for a last pray. Mikal would kneel before the Idol of Kelemvor and cast a pray to those presents:

Give peace, Domine, in our time.
The shadow of injustice floats above us
And challenge the tenuous balance of life.
We ask it in thy blessed name,
Give us strength, judge of the damned, to prevent such inequity.
And cease for once at all
The scions of heresy that impugn your name.
Give peace, Domine, in our time
Because there is no one else
Who will fight for us.
If not You, Deus noster.

Amen.

And, whenever possible, he would spend the night with Serenity and their child, Cherish, knowing it could be his last time before serving Kelemvor in the after life. But Mikal is not disturbed. Each night with his beloved ones is like Heaven on earth, knowing that even being separated by a mortal flesh, their love will be eternal.

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 05 2013, 7:51 AM 

Tester

Quote:
And so the Chosen of Ma'at were gathered...

Jud'Vardas of the House of Kenlyl. Leader of the Shrine of Eilistraee
Jacqueline of the House of Kenlyl. First Daughter of the Shrine of Eilistraee
Zellani Cys'dina the Halfborn. Platinum Knight of Kohlingen
Imhotep of House Osirant. Imakhu of Djedet.
Nefertari the Beloved Wife of Imakhu Imhotep, of House OsirantTalyne the Outspoken. Daughter of Isis. Seer of the Sands
Aoth Nathandem of House Tholaunt. Scrivener of Djedet.
Zahra Ramathant. Priestess of Isis. A Scion of the Feather.
Mahir of House Ramathant. Sekhry of Djedet. Marshall of the Feathersworn

These prepared to set forth into the Plane of Gehenna. Their hearts full of faith and love and fury. These whom had been chosen by an ancient deity and whom had heeded this higher calling. These were the intrepid souls whom would risk their own lives in order to save others. These who would risk life and limb in order that an empire would return to safety. These who would assure that cosmic harmony was once more in the balance and Ma'at could be fulfilled.

Basic plans were given for enchantments and strategy while everyone readied themselves and checked that their gear was in order:

Quote:
Jud'Vardas was to perform the auxillary songs he had learned as well as to provide a front line offensive front. Several scrolls of monster summoning IX were placed in his care. He was also to direct the others in their exact spells needed for defense against the Plane and its denizens.

Jacqueline was to be the sorceress in charge of the evocation and offensive magics. Her lower-tiered magics were assigned to enchanting and preparing the others for the dangerous excursion ahead. She was to cast into large groups with the greatest effecting radius as possible.

Zellani was to use her newfound talent in the martial way to help hold the front. Her considerable strength and hardiness and her concern for others is to be put to use by assigning her to guard the interior of the protective circle around the casters should it become breached. She too is instructed to use scrolls of summoning.

Imhotep as the sole cleric was assigned to the protective wards. He was also instructed to use his divine blessings to heal any status-affecting ailments that the Plane or its denizens induce upon the Chosen. He was told to use his offensive capabilities sparingly due to the high magical resistance and saves of the possible enemies. Instead focusing his higher tied spells also in magical healing. His power as a Priest of Osiris is to be called upon and he is to instruct his Repose Domain Summon to fight on the very front line with Jud'Vardas. He would be immune to mind affecting ablilities and the likes and thus is a rightful fit to the front lines combat.

Nefertari is instructed to use her blessings as a sorceror to prepare and enchant the others before the battle and during she is instructed to use her Sphinx Rashidi to protect the rear and flanks, using his considerable size and mass to toss the intruders back so those more melee inclined may intercept them before their next attack. She is to stay within the center perimeter and her familiar should be summoned should they get stuck or need a lock picked if it could not be forced.

Talyne is told to use her animal companion on the front line for its hardiness and ferocity. Her other summon is to do the same. She is to focus on Aura of Vitality for the party and to heal those in need through mundane as well as magic means. Before the battle she is to enchant and provide druidic blessings upon the warriors and summons as well as the familiars and companions. Storm of Vengance and that sort of constant mass effect spell is suggested.

Aoth is told that he will provide the high tier arcane enchantments as well as provide spells such as mass haste and protection from spells. He will instruct his familiar, a panther, to circle the flanks of Rashidi the giant sphinx and to sneak attack the enemies coming individually or who get seperated from their main body. His construct is to hold the front lines, being immune to most status effecting abilities he would be one of the first lines of defense.

Zahra is told to bring forth Hizubah the Gyrphon and Bakari the Isisian blessed stag. They are to fight near the front on the flanks using their more powerful offensive ability and relying on those with more defensive skills to go behind as needed. Zahra herself is to cast protectorate spells and enchantments working with Talyne, Jacqueline, and Nefertari to not overlap overly so. She is to assist talyne with Aura of Vitality as needed and to cast into large swarms or choke points her most powerful spell Sandstorm.

Mahir states that he will work with Jud on providing Auxillary Songs and the main bardic and curse songs. He will provide front line support in the form of watching and while fighting just behind the immediate front line in order to better instruct and lead the fighting with his experience and knowledge and the commander presence. He will use the "Ikm of Ma'at" to bless and protect everyone with Ma'ats power while in the foreign plane.

Quote:
All enchantments are to be prepared extended. And as gate worked last time to escape this is given as an option to those wishing to try if needed. Though its instructed that Mahir will stay to the death if needed. There will be no life if they fail and Anubis destroys Khem and then Mulhorand. They are to stay close. Within a 15 meter range. 10 preferred. Chokepoints are to be tested by those with summon scrolls sending them forward before the mass party. The plan is to always quickly get to Anubis. Quickly redeem him. Trust in Ma'at as she had said she would be there with them.

He awaits any input or complexities as noted by others before preparing and readying to step in.

Uncle-Opustus wrote:

Glim

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 05 2013, 8:42 AM 

Player

As the sun sets over the island of Khem...

A pall of unease had begun to settle in over the defenders of Nes'ek as the first of the non-combatants began hefting their belongings and making there way to the portals; most of them moving towards the one which would take them to Wiltun. Many of them talk about seeing relatives in Ruathym, or the Sword Coast beyond, but many also lament leaving their homes, their livelihoods.

When Adoster beings to speak however, they glance behind them, at first with only faint curiosity at the words of the loud "foreigner"... but gradually a few would even filter back towards the center of town to better hear him, or at least give him their attention. Many would begin to nod or murmur among themselves ad Adoster speaks, their faces seeming to brighten just slightly, as do those of the defenders of Nes'ek who are destined to remain behind to hold the town. Their visage would be grim, but hopeful that should they stand together, they may yet win the field.

A small cheer would spread through the crowd at the culmination of the speech, though as night begins to take a hold over the desert sands, the darkness itself seems to provide an oppressive blanket to the sound. It is, of course, only perceived that way, but it does speak to the underlying solemnity of the defenders.

Once again the civilians begin to make their way to the portals, disappearing in ones and twos into safer lands. The sound of the bells of the Cathedral herald their departures from the sands.

And then a different sound begins to settle over the town, or rather, the absence of sound; so subtle was the change that it takes even those used to the desert environs a few minutes to make the connection. No desert jackals howl, no insects stir, only the ever-present sound of the desert wind marks the otherwise still night.

Archers once again test the strings of their bows, nervously. Priest and hired militia alike peer into the darkness of the dunes, straining to see any hint of movement. Sentries on the rooftops shift nervously with the flags meant to signal an enemy approach, kept low at their sides in sweating palms. No one moves, no one hardly dares breath.

The night is calm, but something is out there...

As the people of Djedet gathered what they could for the journey, they paused and drew nearer as the Sekhry spoke with such animation and surety. The words of the Elders had been a comfort, but the faith and ferocity, the certainty of Muharib infected them in a way that the subtly uncertain glances of the Elders could not have; the people knew that in the Chosen, all of the Chosen, they had their champions.

With renewed determination, packs were shouldered, urns were balanced, old kopesh were loosened in scabbards and spears were rested on envigored shoulders. Three forces would accompany the citizenry and refugees as one; the War Knights, the Djedet Militia and the Silverscale Tribe, the Knights and Militia forming the core of the defensive force, while the more nimble Silverscales would act primarily as scouts and take care of clearing the roads of any dangerous wildlife that could prove just as deadly to the common folk as any demon.

A steady stream of men, women and children begin to wind their way out of the township, guided by those vigilant defenders as twilight begins to descend into nightfall. At a forced pace, they should be able to reach Nes'ek shortly after the dawn, maybe mid-morning if they stop to allow the very old and very young to rest.

Whether they make it through the night at all however, remains to be seen...

//At this point I'll give folks a chance to tie in any "last actions" before shit hits the fan. Any such actions will happen during the early night, right after twilight (or for the Chosen, right before you enter the portal). I also have to chose this moment to form the "cutoff" for any new interaction; if you're not already involved, I have to ask at this point that you not magically appear and start in. This is also the point where I'm going to say those PCs who -are- involved, are now locked in, meaning no shleping between locations to pick up more supplies or whatever else that would break the continuity of the story from this point on.

I know forum stuff isn't ideal guys, but I appreciate your patience and the amount of excellent RP drive I've seen so far from you all; it has me very much looking forward to whatever comes next. As always, if you have any questions, or aren't quite sure of a detail or two, please do send me a PM and I'll be happy to answer / look over what you have.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next