View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
AlannaMolov

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 19 2012, 15:20 PM 

Player

Hallo folks,

I'm looking for some more information on Selune, specifically Holy Days and particulars of worship. My character is on her way to becoming an actual priestess, and I know a big part of Selune's church is incredibly personal in how they worship, but I'd like at least a little inspiration to draw from. I've gotten what I can from google and the bowels of the internet, so if anyone has some cannon sourcebook or novel stuff I'd really appreciate it.

And lycans! Since Alanna was not raised in the Selunite church and hasn't come into contact with a lot of her kind I have gotten away with a lot of homebrew stuff, mostly for lack of resources. I haven't been able to find a hard and fast guide to them beyond "mostly they're evil." I'm specifically lacking in lore on natural- born lycans (those not infected by bites) and thus haven't been able to figure out definitely if she can pass on the disease through bites. I have always played it as closer to a genetic disorder in the case of natural-borns, but I'm wondering if maybe it is actually more like a virus, able to be passed on from mother to child, through fluids, etc.

I've also played her as being largely unaffected by the moon, at least as far as being forced to change or unable to control herself. She had problems with this when younger, but she's so old now and lived with it for so long I assume she'd have a great deal of control by now.

Anyway, any help/info would be appreciated! I'm just trying to streamline her a bit so that the particularities of her condition don't end up coming into conflict with canon, seeing as she endeavors to council lycans.

"A soft woman
is simply a wolf
caught in meditation."

Nakomis Wolfen

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 19 2012, 19:58 PM 

Player

There's a lot of info I found in the Races of Faerun (pages 142-147) about lycans in general and natrual born lycans as well, but some of the natural born stuff is :

Quote:
The child of a natural lycanthrope is always a natural lycanthrope.....(pg 142)

Natural lycanthropes rarely have a problem with their lycanthropy. They view their “curse” as a gift. These folks realize that their lycanthropy makes them special, and many of them take up careers as adventurers. If lycanthropy is feared or reviled in their humanoid culture, they may feel some shame for being so different from those around them, but they rarely if ever wish to be “cured” of their condition. Natural lycans of evil alignment revel in their feral nature, and view themselves as stronger and more fit than their normal fellows. Their strength gives them the right to murder, plunder, and terrorize any who are too weak to defend themselves. (pg 143)

Natural lycanthropes often come from a family of lycans who have passed the “curse” down through the generationss. They are usually careful to conceal their true nature from people they don't know very well, since there are many non-lycans who believe the only good lycan is a dead one. Children of natural lycans can start to change form on the first full moon after their birth. (pg 145)

Also, I'm pretty sure on Amia it's a houserule that only natural lycans can infect others?

Seeing as how naturals can change when they're like a month old, I'd say that by the time they reach adulthood they'd have a pretty good grasp on it, at least as far as the animal form goes. I know some lycans, like weretigers, don't get their hybrid form till later (can't remember where I read that, I'll look later).

I know there's other books out there with info on lycans but that's the only one I've found that has any real info on natural born ones, other than the fact they exist.

Liz

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 19 2012, 20:20 PM 

Player

The best sourcebook (IMHO) for Selune (and most of the other FR deities too) is Faiths & Avatars. It's 2nd Edition, but most of the gods didn't see any change between 2nd and 3rd Editions; a significant portion of the 3rd Ed sourcebook material is just cut-'n-pasted from Faiths & Avatars.

IronAngel

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 19 2012, 21:11 PM 

Player

The contents of which are here: http://www.nj-pbem.com/data/Gods/humangods/Sel%FBne.htm

Can't say I know anything about the subject, though.

The guy that probably has sexual fantasies about masturbation. I mean, Iron, you're a bookworm nerd that even in your wildest escapism fantasies flee to the internet to play the role of another bookworm nerd? Come on!

-Cloak-and-Dagger-

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 19 2012, 21:28 PM 

Player

Nakomis Wolfen wrote:
Also, I'm pretty sure on Amia it's a houserule that only natural lycans can infect others?

Not a houserule, that's right out of the monster manual. Towards the bottom.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/lycanthrope.htm

It probably could be considered a magical virus, yeah. That can only be passed on by blood, or by bite - once. Perhaps we can imagine it would be so weakened by the resistance of the infected party (Immune system, for want of a better term), that the bite of an infected is not dangerous. Beyond the fact that its a bite from some big-arse teeth.

http://www.nj-pbem.com/data/Gods/humangods/Sel%FBne.htm

Best individual source for Selune. What Liz was referring to.

I can't say I'm too familiar with any particularly detailed sources about weres, though. There's no Races of Fur.pdf in my docs folder. Just a whole load of passing mentions that were free to run wild with.

This is the best thing I ever found. Realms Bestiary vol 1.

eg: http://www.scribd.com/doc/74399487/Realms-Bestiary-v1

A whole load of Weres there. No wolves, though. More the weird shit, like Leopards and Lions, each with a "In the Realms..." bit, that tells you what they're likely up to.

AlannaMolov

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 21 2012, 18:55 PM 

Player

Thanks guys! Especially for that Bestiary link, I had been looking for that for awhile.

"A soft woman
is simply a wolf
caught in meditation."

Gunz

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 23 2012, 3:14 AM 

Player

Faiths & Avatars and Faiths & Pantheons have the best Selunite info. Check out Champions of Valor as well though. You can find some interesting little bits of information on good/goodly lycanthropes of Selune there.

For naturals, they can birth other naturals, but they can't infect with bites. That's unique to infected Lycans. There are different alignment pulls for each Lycan type. For your case, it's a CE one. The pulls of the disease are different for naturals and the infected though. Naturals have a much easier time of it and find it a ton easier to stray from the alignment pull than do the infected. Lycans can reach a point where the moon doesn't affect them too much because they just have such good control of it, but that's more true for naturals, so that fits perfectly for Alanna.

Careful with the Beastiry since it looks to be homebrew. It could be nice for flavor though.

WinterBlaze

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 23 2012, 3:47 AM 

Player

Gunz wrote:
For naturals, they can birth other naturals, but they can't infect with bites. That's unique to infected Lycans.

Source? I have 3 different books which go into detail about Lycans, natural born and afflicted, and none of them say this.

And Alanna, theres a bit about Lycan relations with deities in Races of Faerun you may want to read through as well.

L'chuno d'Vilrath- ”Usstan orn xun jal dos quarth ilharess”

Gunz

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 23 2012, 4:08 AM 

Player

Oops, I flipped it. It's naturals that can pass it on with bites, while the afflicted can not.

WinterBlaze

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 23 2012, 4:14 AM 

Player

:)

L'chuno d'Vilrath- ”Usstan orn xun jal dos quarth ilharess”

Nakomis Wolfen

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 27 2013, 10:43 AM 

Player

The shifter topic got me thinking. How does it work with a lycan and antimagic/dead zones? Would it keep them from being able to change to their hybrid/animal form? Or kick them back to their person form if they were already in another? Does it matter if they're a natural lycan or an afflicted?

I couldn't find anything other than saying they Can change into the animal/hybrid forms, not actually how they do it. Though it is late and it's probably right in front of my face.

I would assume it was a natural ability and unaffected, at least in the case of natural lycans.

Liz

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 27 2013, 17:47 PM 

Player

According to the strictest rules-lawyery interpretation of PnP rules, a lycanthrope's ability to assume alternate form is a 'supernatural ability,' even for natural lycanthropes, so the animal and hybrid forms would be suppressed during whatever time the lycanthrope spent inside an area of antimagic. They'd be forced to revert to natural form, if not already in it, and prevented from shifting out of it.

Sunkin Sheep

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 28 2013, 3:31 AM 

Player

Should us lycans be treating when Asrha and Mathus come to give us a hug, we will turn back into man-things then? I do not think it works vitally the same as a dispell, anti-magic. So they may be Laika's worst nightmare.

Laika-Unknown

CouncilofAutumn

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 28 2013, 4:04 AM 

Player

The only reason why it doesn't work mechanically (that is, in Amia) is because it's a widget and not a spell or other power like druid shapeshifting that is coded into the game already.

Nakomis Wolfen

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 28 2013, 4:30 AM 

Player

So in an anti-magic field they'd be stuck in person form. But wouldn't be affected by dispell, Mord's, that kind of thing? Since those don't work against shifters either, correct?

And I'm thinking if they hug us with their anti-magic eating aura or whatever it is, if it makes a dead zone it would turn them back into people? Or not, since it's not a spell being cast at them? I'm not sure how it works exactly.

Liz

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 28 2013, 4:44 AM 

Player

If it were PnP, then yes, the lycanthrope would be forced back into person shape as soon as the antimagic field enclosed the lycanthrope, and forced to stay there until no longer within the field. As to how that would or should work in a NWN / Amia context, I couldn't say. :)

Gunz

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 29 2013, 5:08 AM 

Player

Yeah, anti-magic fields/zones would turn Lycans to their natural forms. Dispell magic won't though.

Bobo_Underhill

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 01 2013, 22:33 PM 

Player

Y'all got the right of the anti-magic.

Marigold Cobcruncher: Perceptive Priestess

Nakomis Wolfen

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 03 2013, 0:32 AM 

Player

Okay, another question!

Is there a way for lycans to tell which are Naturals and which are Afflicted without like seeing/not seeing any bite marks? Like, could they tell by scent? Would Naturals have a different/stronger "lycan-y" scent? Would Afflicted have a stronger scent of human/elf/whatever? Thoughts?

Gunz

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 27 2013, 8:11 AM 

Player

Hmm... I wouldn't think so. There's nothing to suggest that they have different smells. I would think the best way to tell would be the physical. As you mentioned, the bite mark that may or may not be visible. Perhaps another way, though not a very sure way, would be to take an educated guess based on their emotional state. Naturals tend to be more stable, emotionally.

Mobile_Svensk

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 02 2013, 12:37 PM 

Player

When do afflicted take on the alignment of whatever they were bitten by?

Nakomis Wolfen

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 02 2013, 19:59 PM 

Player

This is what I found in Races of Faerun.

Quote:
The worst part for a cursed lycanthrope is that any voluntary change into an animal or hybrid form immediately changes the humanoid's alignment to that of the lycanthropic form. If this differs from the character's current alignment, it can be a jarring shift, and the larger the shift the worse it is on the character. It's hard for a paladin-werewolf to remain a paladin for long in the face of the seductive lure of giving in to his feral side.

Once a character's alignment is in accord with that of her animal shape, though, the afflicted lycanthrope comes to terms with her curse. The battle between the two sides of her personality-her humanoid and her animal selves- is over.
pg. 145

When a character contracts lycanthropy through a lycanthrope's bite, no symptoms appear until the first night of the next full moon. On that night, the afflicted character involuntarily assumes animal form and forgets his or her own identity, temporarily becoming an NPC under the DM's control. The character remains in animal form, assuming the appropriate alignment, until the next dawn.

The character remembers nothing about the entire episode (or subsequent episodes) unless he succeeds at a Wisdom check (DC 15) on awaking, in which case he becomes aware of his lycanthropic condition.

Thereafter, the character is subject to involuntary transformation under the full moon and whenever damaged in combat. He or she feels an overwhelming rage building up and must succeed at a Control Shape check (See Control Shape in the Monster Manual) to resist changing into animal form. Any character not yet aware of his or her lycantrhopic condition temporarily becomes an NPC under the DM's control during an involuntary change.

A character with awareness of his condition retains his identity and does not lose control of his actions if he changes. However, each time he changes to his animal form he must make a Will save (DC 15 + number of times he has been in animal form) or permanently assume the alignment of his animal form in all shapes. An evil lycanthrope who is aware of his actions in animal form is not compelled to murder and kill indiscriminately, but he delights in bloodshed and will certainly seek out opportunities to slaughter intelligent beings, preferably those of his own race.

…. Any voluntary change to animal or hybrid form immediately and permanently changes the character's alignment to that of the appropriate lycanthrope.

Pg 146.

Gunz

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 06 2013, 8:44 AM 

Player

Yup. But it's kinda been a house thing where characters don't permanently change to their animals alignment on Amia, unless the RP somehow leads down that path. There have been neutral/good Lycans who have an evil animal form who retained, for the most part, their good/neutral side. Most of them of course did have their struggles with it. I say that thinking back to PCs like Alanna, Kaci and my ex-PC, Willow. They were all good/neutral and struggled/struggle with their evil aligned lycanthropy.

Since Willow is 100% retired on my part, I can speak openly and say that before she turned, she was true neutral and headed straight in the direction of neutral good. When the Lycanthropy hit, that's when she struggled with neutral evil, which kept her at true neutral thereafter. Her personality changed in a huge way after becoming a Lycanthrope. Basically, she became quite the short (no pun intended) tempered bitch. With time, she controlled her anger a bit better, but she never was able to lose that edge to her where she would just go ape shit crazy mad on her enemies. If not for the Lycanthropy, she would probably have been very patient actually. Over time, a lot of her evolved because of it. She would probably have been quite a different person if the Lycanthropy had not come. Probably similar over all, but very very different approach to Druidry and dealing with people. So there you go!

Mobile_Svensk

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 06 2013, 16:23 PM 

Player

I hate homebrew lore. Especially homebrew stuff that contradicts the lore from sourcebooks. I mean... did the DM's allow this? Or was it just a "go with the flow scenario" ?

Gah.

Sorry. I don't mean to come out all hostile but -I- have been playing my inflicted werewolf according to what's written in those books and it ... well, i would lie if i said it was insulting - But it makes my fingers itch to write something nasty at least.

*Mutter mutter*

Nakomis Wolfen

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 07 2013, 3:44 AM 

Player

Even if it isn't and the afflicted lycan takes on the evil alignment wouldn't it be able to be changed with a spell like Atonement or something similar? I wouldn't think it would be set in stone with no way to ever change again?

Also! This is what I found as a reference for my next question...

Quote:
Special Attacks:

Curse of Lycanthropy (Su): Any humanoid or giant hit by a natural lycanthrope's bite attack in animal or hybrid form must suceed at a Fortitude save (DC 15) or contract lycanthropy. If the victim is not within one size category of the lycanthrope the victim can not contract lycanthropy from the lycanthrope. Afflicted lycanthropes cannot pass on the Curse of Lycanthropy.

[Pg 144, Races of Faerun]

Does this mean that the Only way to become a lycan (by bite) is to be bitten by a Natural in either hybrid or animal form? As in, not by drinking said lycan's blood/eating them? And would the lycan in question have to bite with the Intention to turn someone or is it just a side effect of the bite despite whatever intentions they may have had when it was delivered?

Manarethan

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 07 2013, 4:11 AM 

Player

Aha! So -that- is where the reference to 'afflicted not spawning lycanthropes' is. I knew I had it right! Gods, been looking for that everywhere >.>

But yes, lycanthropy is spread through the bite of a natural lycanthrope, or through any lycanthrope having children. The bite doesn't need to 'intend' for a person to be turned. If a natural bites somebody, they make a fortitude save or contract the disease which eventually leads to lycanthropy. Of course, the disease can be cured.

Mobile_Svensk

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 07 2013, 16:57 PM 

Player

Im going to be harsh and ask this - Since were homebrewing a lot here, can't i request my afflicted lycan to be able to pass the curse/disease on?

Edit - must a lycan bite somebody? What if they lick somebody. .? For me - lycantrophy sounds a lot like the HIV/aids virus. What if you got in contact with blood, seemen, spit?
Every hooker my lycan sleeps with should make a fortitude save imo. (Haha)

Liz

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 07 2013, 19:37 PM 

Player

On the second question, I would think not, since lycanthropy isn't a mundane disease that's spread by germs. There's no bacteria on your tongue (or your hooker's crotch, eww) that's responsible for spreading it. It's a completely supernatural thing, and it's not dependent at all on the transmission of any infected bodily fluids. The bite is a magical trigger that causes the condition to be magically spread, not a physical means by which infected saliva is introduced into the target's bloodstream. There is no physical infection at all. It's the bite that spreads it, because that's just how the magic of the curse works. (Why is it silver and not gold that a lycanthrope is vulnerable to? Why is it the full moon and not the new moon that triggers their transformation? Because that's just the way the magic works.)

Manarethan

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 08 2013, 4:53 AM 

Player

It is the bite itself, not any specific part of it. The act of a natural lycanthrope biting an individual causes the disease (magical in nature I believe) to be transferred based on a fortitude save.

And no, I don't think making a special exception for a single character is a good idea, so your afflicted will remain unable to infect others with lycanthropy as per the normal rules for lycanthropes.

Gunz

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 11 2013, 4:41 AM 

Player

Liz wrote:
It's a completely supernatural thing

Nailed it with that alone. Lycanthropy is supernatural, making it magical in nature. It's not an actual mundane disease, which is why it's only triggered by certain acts. A natural can pass it via a bite or a Lycan can possibly pass it on to its offspring. Although, remember that you need DM approval to have that happen on Amia! There are no other triggers but those.

Mobile_Svensk

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 19 2013, 13:03 PM 

Player

What if you are a natural and bite somebody in your human form? Still counts as a werewolf bite?

Liz

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 19 2013, 13:55 PM 

Player

Nakomis Wolfen wrote:
Quote:
Special Attacks:

Curse of Lycanthropy (Su): Any humanoid or giant hit by a natural lycanthrope's bite attack in animal or hybrid form must suceed at a Fortitude save (DC 15) or contract lycanthropy. If the victim is not within one size category of the lycanthrope the victim can not contract lycanthropy from the lycanthrope. Afflicted lycanthropes cannot pass on the Curse of Lycanthropy.

[Pg 144, Races of Faerun]

Very_Svensk

PostPosted: Mon, May 05 2014, 10:36 AM 

Player

I used Necromancy on this thread to again serve my purpose! Yarrrr!

Question:
Do natural AND cursed Lycans carry the curse over to people/creatures they bite?

kalcibone

PostPosted: Mon, May 05 2014, 10:40 AM 

Player

Very_Svensk wrote:
I used Necromancy on this thread to again serve my purpose! Yarrrr!

Question:
Do natural AND cursed Lycans carry the curse over to people/creatures they bite?

From what I understand only naturals can bite you for that, but cursed lycans can breed quickly..?

Very_Svensk

PostPosted: Mon, May 05 2014, 11:15 AM 

Player

Let's theorise:
Natural bites person A.
Person a is now afflicted
Afflicted mates with person b (Not afflicted or cursed)
Person b births child

Is the child now afflicted or natural?

Manarethan

PostPosted: Mon, May 05 2014, 11:16 AM 

Player

Natural.

Nakomis Wolfen

PostPosted: Mon, May 05 2014, 22:20 PM 

Player

Very_Svensk wrote:
Let's theorise:
Natural bites person A.
Person a is now afflicted
Afflicted mates with person b (Not afflicted or cursed)
Person b births child

Is the child now afflicted or natural?

50% chance of being a lycan on hitting puberty. If they are then, yes, Natural.

Shadowfiend

PostPosted: Tue, May 20 2014, 18:13 PM 

Player

I just read about this because I may or may not request a lycanthropic character soon, and it's only the children of naturals that can become a werewolf, and they become natural werewolves too. My source was the monster manual 3.5 I think. After the child hits adolescence it has a 10% chance to suddenly turn into a werewolf each year after that (I am guessing until the child hits adulthood but I don't remember if the chance would ever stop or not, chance is pretty high for it to happen before puberty is over anyway).

Also I am wondering if a true lycan has to be the alignment of their race, or if a true werewolf can be CN?

Nakomis Wolfen

PostPosted: Wed, May 21 2014, 3:42 AM 

Player

A lot of the information I found was in Races of Faerun and this is what I found about the children of natural and afflicted lycans:

Quote:
There are, in fact, two kinds of lycanthropes: those who have contracted the condition as a curse (afflicted lycanthropes), and those who were born with it (natural lycanthropes). The child of a natural lycanthrope is always a natural lycanthrope, but the child of an afflicted lycanthrope is a normal example of his or her race until puberty, at which point there is a 50% chance that the child manifests lycanthropy as a natural lycanthrope.

Races of Faerun, page 143

Luckbringer

PostPosted: Thu, May 22 2014, 13:23 PM 

Player

I just read this thread for the first time which peaked my interest in lycanthrope lore. It also left me curious as to how all this plays out in game.

For example if you are a natural lycan and you bite another PC, how is this handled? I assume it comes under the PnP abilities rules as to the use of the lycan special bite attack with some DM supervised dice roles as to see if the PC contracts lycanthropy.

If the PC fails their dice role and is infected, what then? Do you have to submit a request to play an afflicted lycan to make sure you will RP them correctly and have a grasp of the lore?

Then reading the Races of Faerun entry on the afflicted lycans, it states that when they first shift they are considered NPCs under the control of the DM.

RoF wrote:

When a character contracts lycanthropy through a lycanthrope's bite, no symptoms appear until the first night of the next full moon. On that night, the afflicted character involuntarily assumes animal form and forgets his or her own identity, temporarily becoming an NPC under the DM's control. The character remains in animal form, assuming the appropriate alignment, until the next dawn.

I imagine this would have to be a very close collaboration between the player and the DM to make sure this works well. Probably quite fun but with some tricky situations to avoid.

And a side question, in this case are all the warebeasts in the Forest of Despair afflicted lycans? I would guess they would be otherwise half the adventurers on Amia would be infected with lycanthropy.

Hudson

PostPosted: Thu, May 22 2014, 14:08 PM 

Player

Luckbringer wrote:
For example if you are a natural lycan and you bite another PC, how is this handled? I assume it comes under the PnP abilities rules as to the use of the lycan special bite attack with some DM supervised dice roles as to see if the PC contracts lycanthropy.

If the PC fails their dice role and is infected, what then? Do you have to submit a request to play an afflicted lycan to make sure you will RP them correctly and have a grasp of the lore?

Yes. You need a request to play a lycan. I'd say its both to ensure the lore is understood and to make sure the server isn't flooded by lycans.

Npc lycans (Like those in the FoD you mentioned) don't infect pc's either unless as part of a request. (Or we might suddenly get a vampire plague as well with shifters/ npc vampires biting people - no idea if shifter bites count for the requirement though!)

I hope that makes sense.

Harold Kendry (Illusionist) -> see avatar
Elloanore (Travelling bard)

Very_Svensk

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 13 2014, 20:57 PM 

Player

Analog Kid wrote:
Ok, so far, the team has little problem with the rebuild, but the align shift seems unanimously in question.

Could you provide something more to go on pls?
The general consensus so far is that 'we don't do lycnathropy curse rule'. I don't deal with lycan's, so I don't know the amia lore really.

Has there been a new ruling lately?(quoted from a private discussion in pms. The request was to alter the build and go from neutral to evil)

AlannaMolov

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 16 2014, 1:02 AM 

Player

I'm fairly sure we've always done the curse rule- if curse means "infected." The infected lycanthrope will take on the alignment of whatever werecreature originally infected them.

The alignment rule doesn't apply only in cases of natural lycanthropes (those who're born that way.)

"A soft woman
is simply a wolf
caught in meditation."

Cerpin Taxt

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 16 2014, 1:57 AM 

Player

AlannaMolov wrote:
I'm fairly sure we've always done the curse rule- if curse means "infected." The infected lycanthrope will take on the alignment of whatever werecreature originally infected them.

The alignment rule doesn't apply only in cases of natural lycanthropes (those who're born that way.)

They only take on the alignment if they fail the save.

Liz

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 16 2014, 2:25 AM 

Player

Not "the save." It's an infinite series of saves, with a new one required every time the lycanthrope shifts into animal form (which they're forced to do by the full moon), and the DC goes up by +1 every time. Eventually it will be high enough that they can't make the save except by rolling a 20. All infected lycanthropes will eventually take on their cursed alignment. Unless they come up with a d20 that's all 20's.

EDIT: Also, what Nakomis quoted:
Nakomis Wolfen wrote:
This is what I found in Races of Faerun.
Quote:
Any voluntary change to animal or hybrid form immediately and permanently changes the character's alignment to that of the appropriate lycanthrope.

Pg 146.

Estara

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 18 2014, 7:10 AM 

Player

I can corroborate Alanna and Liz on this one. You inevitably become that alignment due to the growing strength of your disease (like how Quintessence kills you!), but disease is seen like cursing-- once gone, your character goes back to the previous alignment. At least to start! (Unless the DM ruling has changed. But that's how it went for Sam! That's right! Sam went from LG to CE and back to LG again. And she ate live people and cut off her friends' body parts. NASTY STUFF YALL.)

kalcibone

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 18 2014, 9:44 AM 

Player

Anyone have specific information of Werebats? i looked in a few books but found only really basic things..

Elorathall

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 20 2014, 12:59 PM 

Player

I'll just leave this here.

Aurelius: Sunmaster of Amaunator. Contemplative. Aspirant to Transcendance.
"Sol Invictus"

AlannaMolov

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 24 2014, 14:37 PM 

Player

Any info about how werecreatures age? I was fairly sure that they age at whatever rate their original race does, but someone contradicted that IC and I wanted to make sure I wasn't off the mark.

"A soft woman
is simply a wolf
caught in meditation."

Luckbringer

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 24 2014, 16:40 PM 

Player

Here ya go from Races of Faerun:
Quote:
Lycanthropes age, become adults, and die just like anyone else of their humanoid race. Their animal forms ages proportionally with the humanoid forms. A young lycanthrope becomes a young animal. An elderly lycanthrope who can barely walk finds herself in the same situation as an animal

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next