View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
ucfgoose

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 21 2019, 4:26 AM 

Developer

This tome is property of Maarten Morbane. Anybody in possession of this tome save for Maarten Morbane will be fireballed, hellballed, ball lightninged, and kicked in the balls!

13 Nightal 1380 - We've stopped at a strange little island called Amia in the so-called city of Cordor while the ship is undergoing repairs. Should get moving again my next month. Nothing much to this burg but there is a mage tower. Perhaps there will be some things of use on this island after all.

14 Nightal 1380 - How incredibly strange! I was tasked along with a few others in investigating trouble in the sewers. While there I saw a floating shield. The sewers ended in a den of wererats which were dispatched in due time. After that we came upon a strange locked door. I wonder what lies beyond.

15 Nightal 1380 - Nibblers! These are not normal chickens! Stay away!

18 Nightal 1380 - Kobolds to the northeast of Cordor, it seems. Helped out a nice farmer and got another reward.

20 Nightal 1380 - Having made my way north I encountered a halfling village. The people there are quite nice. The orcs along the way are NOT! I'm going to have to start arming myself.

22 Nightal 1380 - Returned to the orcs and fought. Who knew a severed head had value?

30 Nightal 1380 - Last night of the year. Seeing many new things. Perhaps when the ship sails again I will not go but I should send a letter home.

5 Hammer 1381 - Very nasty spiders north of Bendir Dale. Don't play with fire in the forest.

10 Hammer 1381 - Kohlingen! This is as close to a real city as one can find, I suppose. At least the tower is worth a damn. It has been suggested that I speak to a man about learning to handle armor and shields with my magic. What was his name? Christoph? Chronometer? I need to start writing things down more. Speaking of writing I need to write to mother and send her a care package.

22 Hammer 1381 - Well, that was disappointing. I was taken hostage by Malarites. Fortunately we were able to get help but I don't think I want to go into that forest again.

2 Alturiak 1381 - Been working on the armor thing. Sure caught those lizardmen by surprise when they thought all my power was gone when my spells were. Eat steel, foes! Won't big brother be surprised?

29 Alturiak 1381 - Some strange woman said she wished to speak with me as she knew someone looking for spellcasters of some power. As I meet that description I went with her into a red portal in the swamp. The place is called Tarkuul and she claims it to be a former Netherese city. While I scoff at that idea I certainly do not care for the residents and I made my hasty retreat. Definitely telling them about this one back home!

*The next few entries are spaced further out and make reference to research into languages and their translations and bear little interest.*

5 Mirtul 1381 - Do not cast spells on barbarians! Even the beneficial ones send them into a blind panic.

8 Kythorn 1381 - Into the underdark today. The mindflayers are particularly interesting. Must keep wards up; steel means little without a brain in your head.

1 Flamerule 1381 - A band of adventurers has plans to go to a place called the Manor of Mourn tomorrow and has asked me to go with. I am glad that people are finding me of use. Perhaps they will have interesting artifacts.

3. Flamerule 1381- CHILDREN! By Mystra, they converted children! We killed them all for their sake as much as ours. I weep for the world when even children are made into vampires.

Midsummer 1381 - Lacking the will to adventure I have sequestered myself to my research. I am afraid I am losing my grasp on my magic as well. Perhaps I should go seek help. I understand there's an asylum someplace.

4 Eleasis - Blod! Blod on my hnds! The chidren scream in dreams. Slep comes little, wake comes early. Brain slips.

71 Eleint 18881 - Mad. Say I'm mad. Nt! Et man, get ded. Cape here. Wind owns. Left journal, took book. Say helps to right. Maybe brainsucker helps me.

*From here a number of pages have drawings but the words make little sense. The letters that can be made out are next to others that are blurred as though someone has been crying over the pages while writing. Bits of crude drawings can be made out as well. The only part that is certainly legible is written across the final two pages in crimson with thick letters as though someone has dipped his finger in blood and used that as his pen.*

I HUNGER!

Kuria - Lawful Misunderstood

Tyrone Stormont - Diplomat

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]