View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ] 
Glim

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 19 2012, 17:41 PM 

Player

Early this morning, one of the merchants among the caravan that typically travels to and from the Alamber coast, reports to the Djedet militia that Captain Ashby has not been seen in several days and that it's very uncharacteristic for her to be gone for so long without word.

The merchant goes on to explain that she was last seen ferrying two individuals, one man of average build in frayed grey-white robes, and another short and slender man in black robes, across to the cavern entrance a mile or so to the west.

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 19 2012, 20:14 PM 

Tester

The captain whom ferrys those to the once tropical island is sent for should he agree to meet.

The militia is said to be on extra precautions if seeing those that match the description of those last seen with Ashby.

A small squad of militia is put together to go through the temple and into the cavern below and the alamber coastal flat to look for any signs of them upon this shore.

The merchant is asked if the men appeared of Mulhorandi descent or any other appearance information if possible.

The Sekhry ask those coming in from the desert if they have sen Ashby or those matching the given appearance of the men.

The Scions of The Feather are sent for

Uncle-Opustus wrote:
Just before I fall asleep, I like to pretend it's just a public feat so Pigeon can succeed in politics and save the world from poverty... with his unicorn and shining armour and Excalibur.

Glim

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 20 2012, 20:14 PM 

Player

//The captain who ferries people to the tropical island -was- Captain Ashby, so I'll leave that point alone for now :P

The militia members that were sent out through the caverns to the Alamber Coast area report back that there were a few tracks here and there, seemingly from the people who typically travel from the ley node to the sea depths, but nothing out of the ordinary and no sign of the Captain.

The merchant would reply that he could not see the faces of the two men beneath the cowls of their hoods, but that they did not sound like they had a Mulan accent and spoke Common throughout their conversation with the Captain. He didn't hear much of it, just bits and pieces about payment, some before and some after they arrived at their destination, and that one of them seemed nervous to even get into the boat.

Anyone coming in from the desert that is asked, would state that they've not seen the Captain in a few days now.

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 24 2012, 5:52 AM 

Tester

An inquiry is made to find the individual who owns the ships near the the mouth of the River Khalem, with the plan of hiring the captain to make circle of the island looking for the missing ship.

------

Talyne is sent for. She is asked to fly to the once-tropical isle and look for any signs of Ashby, her ship, her crew, or the two men in question.

Uncle-Opustus wrote:
Just before I fall asleep, I like to pretend it's just a public feat so Pigeon can succeed in politics and save the world from poverty... with his unicorn and shining armour and Excalibur.

NinjaClarinet

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 25 2012, 18:29 PM 

Player

Ashby isn't the only person missing it seems. Mahir's courier would return frustrated, reporting that Talyne had let the rent at her last known residence in Bendir Dale run overdue. Her personal belongings had never been collected and her departure certainly didn't seem planned. The courier would go on to report that her personal effects were auctioned to cover the late rent. It seems the only things of commercial value she possessed was a sizable store of expensive brandy and pipeweed (Some of which later proved to be not entirely of the legal category), and a few pieces of simple furniture. None of the residents of the town were able to provide any clues as to where she went, all of them citing the reclusive druid's habits. For many months, she would simply tend to the small garden outside her hobbit hole, and very promptly scurry inside at the slightest indication that socialization was imminent. It seems she preferred to live in halfling shape to not be so blatantly an outsider, but made no effort to conceal her identity.

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 25 2012, 22:36 PM 

Tester

If any remaining in difference in rent were to be paid Mahir instructs the courier to do so.

Going to the contingency plan he contacts two people. The first the Scrivener Aoth, he asks Aoth to use any necessary tactics be they divination or through polymorph to attempt to look at the island.

Next he asks his wife, Zahra Ramathant, over the dinner that evening to go with her Gryphon and have the Gryphon investigate before returning.

Uncle-Opustus wrote:

Glim

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 26 2012, 0:56 AM 

Player

GreatPigeon wrote:
An inquiry is made to find the individual who owns the ships near the the mouth of the River Khalem, with the plan of hiring the captain to make circle of the island looking for the missing ship.

The merchant would be rather easy to spot right beside his ship.

Aye, I can do that for ya. Captain Ashby's somethin' of a friend of mine anyhow. At this, the man pauses for a moment, That much time away from me trade is going to cost me though...

He leaves the sentiment hang in the air.

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 26 2012, 1:27 AM 

Tester

Mahir agrees. "A merchants livelihood and those of his crew benefits the community in which they dock as well. Your fee will be paid. This is agreeable" He pauses a moment before continuing, "When can we shove off?"

Uncle-Opustus wrote:

Glim

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 26 2012, 2:25 AM 

Player

As soon as I get the last of these crates unloaded, he states, nodding over towards a stack of goods on the bank of the river that are already being loaded into a cart to be hauled off to market.

//I'll have only bits and pieces of time over the next couple days, being the holidays and all, so we can either try to catch each other IG or just keep on with the forums.

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 26 2012, 4:45 AM 

Tester

Mahir would ready himself to heave-ho with the captain. If any of the other mulans had received his message in Djedet, they would know where to find him.

Uncle-Opustus wrote:

Glim

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 30 2012, 2:49 AM 

Player

//Just going to handle it over the forums since we can't seem to catch each other IG.

They would set sail soon after, following the last few yards of the River Khem before it opens into the Alambar Sea, at which point the ship turns in a generally westerly direction to begin its circuit of the desert island.

The Captain seems to know the waters quite well and makes good time, a favorable wind following them most of the way, save for the turn near the top of the island towards the east. This leg of the journey takes a little longer, but the boat would still return back to port shortly before the sunrise that very same night.

There would however be no sign of the small rowing boat along the coast of Khem and it's unlikely that such a small craft would have survived out on the more open waters for very long.

LadyJeanine

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 30 2012, 20:26 PM 

Player

Zahra would have sent the Gryphon, Hizubah, to scout out the island directly after Mahir asked her to over their dinner. When the beast returned, she would glean what she could from him, and if necessary, fly back over the island with him.

// Sorry for the late reply on that.

ROCK ON
\m/

Glim

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 31 2012, 2:34 AM 

Player

Through her bond with the griffon, she would be able to learn from it that there is no sign of a human presence on the volcanic island, and that it seems fairly calm and undisturbed there.

LadyJeanine

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 01 2013, 8:17 AM 

Player

The young priestess would relay the information the Sekhry when next she saw him and then she would send Hizubah out to scan the coast with his keen eyes for any signs of the missing captain, in case anything had washed up in the last few days.

ROCK ON
\m/

GreatPigeon

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 06 2013, 20:40 PM 

Tester

The Scrivener is sent for to use his talents in divination to find any signs if possible.

Uncle-Opustus wrote:

666WaysToHell

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 07 2013, 1:53 AM 

Player

When the scrivener is asked, he would simply nod and return back into his rented house with his companion in tow. Having met the captain on numerous occasions, he takes to using the Discern Location spell, casting it from within the safety of Djedet.

Should the spell falter, he takes a few more hours to rest before heading out into the desert in search of anything odd underwater near the coast of where captain Ashby usually spent her day.

//I'll get a screenshot of the RP when I get back from work in 4/5 hours!

Glim

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 07 2013, 21:28 PM 

Player

The divination, perhaps oddly, would not seem to take hold, failing to discern the location of the good Captain.

However as Aoth searches under the water in the area outside the cavern entrance, he would find the shattered remains of a rowboat on the bottom of the seabed, partially covered over by silt and sand.

666WaysToHell

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 08 2013, 3:21 AM 

Player

Taking a piece of the boat back to Djedet, he informs the Sekhry of his findings firstly. He takes the remains of the boat into his home. Incense slowly burns as he lays four strips of ivory into position, he begins the incantation of the Legend Lore spell focusing on the remains of the boat...

666WaysToHell

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 13 2013, 8:33 AM 

Player

A letter addressed to the Sekhry is sent by the Scrivener. The magus himself appears to be keeping quiet in regards to his findings, only allowing the Sekhry to be privy to what information he has attained.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]